HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread - Rangers @ Flyers

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2004, 02:45 PM
Skroob*

vCash: 500
Official Game Thread - Rangers @ Flyers

1st period almost over, and this thread does not exist yet.

Guess nobody cares anymore.

2-0 Flyers. yay.

Old
03-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Gert B Frobe

Tough days to be a Rangers fan...

Old
03-20-2004, 02:51 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
1st period almost over, and this thread does not exist yet.

Guess nobody cares anymore.

2-0 Flyers. yay.
Murray looked good. Lot of effort - he's a sparkplug. Prototypical boy from Saskatch! Murray shows some nice glimpses.... Tyutin looked good. The fact that this kid played against older competition in Russia is really evident - he is steady. Never panics. Balej had a flash or two.

Lundmark had another very poor period.

Old
03-20-2004, 02:59 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2

Lundmark had another very poor period.
I think the Lundmark Era is coming to an end real soon. Anyone else feel the same?

Old
03-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
I think the Lundmark Era is coming to an end real soon. Anyone else feel the same?
Yes, I posted about a week ago or so that my feeling is that management has given up on him and will move him after the season on draft day.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Tommy Udo

Balej is pretty impressive and fun to watch.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:12 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Why the hell couldn't Hlavac play like this all season? Maybe he was trying to be unselfish playing with Nedved and Kovalev. But he has looked good since the team has been dismantled and he has been give 1st line minutes...

Old
03-20-2004, 03:16 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Yes, I posted about a week ago or so that my feeling is that management has given up on him and will move him after the season on draft day.
I dont think Rangers management had that much faith in him in the first place. Otherwise the kid's confidence wouldnt be in the cellar right now.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan
Why the hell couldn't Hlavac play like this all season? Maybe he was trying to be unselfish playing with Nedved and Kovalev. But he has looked good since the team has been dismantled and he has been give 1st line minutes...
He has always been a guy who claims to need 18-20 minutes per night in order to play well. Maybe it's true.

On the other hand, maybe it's because he doesn't produce well under pressure and now the team is playing for nothing.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:24 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
I dont think Rangers management had that much faith in him in the first place. Otherwise the kid's confidence wouldnt be in the cellar right now.
Well, management has their problems, but Lundmark needs to be held accountable as well. Other players came up on bad Ranger teams and were able to at least show something: Marc Savard produced a little, York Produced nicely, Malholtra showed what he is. Problem with Malholtra was that people made him out to be something he's not - Muckler said it best - the guy is a Checking line center. Kim Johnsson played solidly for the Rangers as a Defenseman.

I think the idea that the Rangers "Destroy" prospects is overblown. They may never play them - that is true - but they don't "ruin" players. Players have a tendancy to do that to themselves.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:26 PM
nyr5186

Great stat by ABC...

Ever since Sather took over 4 years ago, the Rangers have dressed more players than any other team in the league. The runner-up, Pittsburgh, isnt even close.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:30 PM
charliemurphy

A great stat indeed.
The New York Rangers.
The worst team in any sport that money could by in history.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:47 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Well, management has their problems, but Lundmark needs to be held accountable as well. Other players came up on bad Ranger teams and were able to at least show something: Marc Savard produced a little, York Produced nicely, Malholtra showed what he is. Problem with Malholtra was that people made him out to be something he's not - Muckler said it best - the guy is a Checking line center. Kim Johnsson played solidly for the Rangers as a Defenseman.

I think the idea that the Rangers "Destroy" prospects is overblown. They may never play them - that is true - but they don't "ruin" players. Players have a tendancy to do that to themselves.
I dont wanna make it seem like only management is to blame for this. Ofcourse Lundmark needs to take some responsibility. But just like in most two-sided arguments, you can usually find the truth in the middle ground.

Also, if you're trying to say that Lundmark wasnt able to show anything, I disagree. He showed something last year on Messier's left wing when he scored like 6 goals in 8 games. He showed something on the 4th line before getting injured in Nassau. In the last 2 years, there were many Ranger off-nights in which Lundmark was one of the few who busted his butt on every shift. The recent gliding, penalty-taking, invisible version of Lundmark is mostly an outgrowth of management's lack of confidence in him.

Today is just another example: Lundmark was given a chance with Jagr in Washington. Granted he did have a pretty bad night, culminating in that overtime hooking penalty which led to the winning goal, but couldnt management at least show some confidence in him and put him back out there with Jagr today? Where would your confidence be as a young player if your coach kept sitting you down everytime you made a mistake? Lundmark needs a goal in the worst way. He needs something, anything, to help revive his confidence.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:48 PM
Skroob*

Quote:
He has always been a guy who claims to need 18-20 minutes per night in order to play well. Maybe it's true.

On the other hand, maybe it's because he doesn't produce well under pressure and now the team is playing for nothing.

Right now he is under tremendous pressure. He plays well now, or his NHL career is just about over.

And yes Tjutin has looked great. Hope he can keep it up.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
thank god

Old
03-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob
Right now he is under tremendous pressure. He plays well now, or his NHL career is just about over.

And yes Tjutin has looked great. Hope he can keep it up.
Hllavac would be just as happy playing in Europe. There will always someone would be there to sign him to a small contract - there always is.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:56 PM
charliemurphy

F-Hlavac.
Too little too late.
He's looked lost all season. Hanging out with Kovalev and Nedved did some damge on this guy.It's good that he won't be back.
Any player that claims he needs 18-20 minutes a game to play well is trouble.
It means he doesn't want it enough.
Take up room on some other team please.
Rangers have thier own problems.

Old
03-20-2004, 04:14 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Tjutin is really fun to watch in his own end. I can't believe we actually have a young player to be excited about.

Old
03-20-2004, 04:26 PM
rickyrod

sigh...7...

how depressing.

Old
03-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Edge

i dunno about you but I'm happy to see all this happening.

A. The team is getting what it deserves.

B. every loss is another shot at Sather's ego.

C. Every loss gives a little more hope for something,anything in this draft.

If nothing else just try to imagine winning the draft lottery and getting Ovchekin and then trading up and nabbing another top kid. Even if it doesn't it at least helps get you through.

Old
03-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Janerixon

i defintely agree the rangers dont deserve nor do they need to be winning these games. im glad im seeing effort from guys like murray, tyutin, lampman, balej, mclennan and even josh green

they just dont need wins all it does is ruin their draft position and its not like the team we see today is going to be our team next season

i think i would like to re-sign mclennan and if green continues to play hard i will take him for my 4th line next year as well

Old
03-20-2004, 04:38 PM
rangers

I`ve got no problems watching a loss, but I hate too see us get shutout. Friggin hate it...

Old
03-20-2004, 05:13 PM
BigE

In my opinion the best line today was the Messier line with the two kids, Balej and Green. They skated every shift and fought hard for the puck. They were probably the only line to sustain any sort of pressure in the offensive zone and created the most chances.

Is it just me or does Josh Green look like a totally different player from the last time we saw him? The skating sticks out the most in my mind but his physicality has come along way as well. He's mucking in the corners, taking the body and finishing his checks. He hustles both ways and he's getting his stick on the puck (nice tip today...too bad Burke wasn't in net).

Old
03-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Fletch

Green looks fine...

but he still looks like a guy that's not going to score many goals. He shouldn't be getting more than 8-10 minutes of ice time a game - and there are a ton of kids who can do the same job and still improve - he ain't going to improve much from where he is.

On Hlavac...still sucks. Afraid to take a shot in traffic still. Still has, what, 5 goals? Keep giving him that ice time. And Nedved and Kovalev didn't poison him...he's sucked for 3 seasons now.

And again...this team goes nowhere with Sather in charge. Great, we're seeing some kids play, and the result is a team that cannot score goals, but tries hard.

Old
03-20-2004, 05:36 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
but he still looks like a guy that's not going to score many goals. He shouldn't be getting more than 8-10 minutes of ice time a game - and there are a ton of kids who can do the same job and still improve - he ain't going to improve much from where he is.
Agreed but it's nice to see that he's made an effort to improve his game. I'd at the very least invite him to camp next year.

Quote:
And again...this team goes nowhere with Sather in charge. Great, we're seeing some kids play, and the result is a team that cannot score goals, but tries hard.
Funny, we couldn't score all year either. At least we can cheer for hard work and goal posts!

Closed Thread