HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Swine flu outbreak -possible pandemic

Old
04-27-2009, 02:41 PM
ARS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicohockey View Post
What about the people that died in Mexico?
I know you're Mexican and all but by all accounts Mexico is considered a 3rd world country, and that isn't meant in an offensive way.

Anyways, the fact that all the people who died from it so far are Mexican shouldn't be leaned on too heavily because that can change quickly. Unless people in first world countries are some kind of super humans who are immune to this flu(which they're not), the flu won't differentiate whether a person is from a 3rd world country or a 1st world country before it kills.

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 02:47 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

180 reported dead now in Mexico (and many more untold)

04-27-2009, 03:07 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSens View Post
I know you're Mexican and all but by all accounts Mexico is considered a 3rd world country, and that isn't meant in an offensive way.

Anyways, the fact that all the people who died from it so far are Mexican shouldn't be leaned on too heavily because that can change quickly. Unless people in first world countries are some kind of super humans who are immune to this flu(which they're not), the flu won't differentiate whether a person is from a 3rd world country or a 1st world country before it kills.
Tought better hygiene and have better medication up here.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:32 PM
mexicohockey

Quote:
So untrue. Mexico is the world 13th biggest economy, a member of OECD and G20, an is elite in many fields. It has to be considered (an there is consensus on this within politics, economics and science), that Mexico is correctly labeled as a Newly Industrialized Country.

Authorities here have a very difficult job in fighting back influenza, but as of now, they are pretty damn good at it.

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:50 PM
ARS

Quote:
So untrue. Mexico is the world 13th biggest economy, a member of OECD and G20, an is elite in many fields. It has to be considered (an there is consensus on this within politics, economics and science), that Mexico is correctly labeled as a Newly Industrialized Country.

Authorities here have a very difficult job in fighting back influenza, but as of now, they are pretty damn good at it.
It's far more developed than countries like Sierra Leone or Yemen, but Mexico still isn't developed enough to be considered 1st world or even 2nd world, there's still a lot of poverty in Mexico and far more poverty than you will find in the first world.

India is also one of the world's biggest economies and is part of the G20, and it is one of the leaders in the world when it comes to the high tech industry and the entertainment business, yet I wouldn't hesitate one bit to put it on the list of third world countries because it simply is one.

Mexico is a similar case, it would be on the high end list of 3rd world countries.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Those things may prevent a larger number of people from catching the flu, but the risk of death remains the same for someone who caught it living in a 3rd world country and someone who has it but lives in a first world country.

Old
04-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Huston

Quote:
So untrue. Mexico is the world 13th biggest economy.
Yes, Mexico... the state, not the people. Then again... I guess GDP actually means something, huh? Well only if you fall for bankster BS. Same can be said about Canada, Mexico, England.. it goes on.

Huston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
mexicohockey

Mexico has a per capita GDP ten times higher than India, and slightly higher than Turkey, which was considered first world during the cold war.
Concur that Mexico isn't first world/high income country yet, but the term second world is no longer in use since the end of the cold war, third world applies to developing and least developed nations.
As mentioned, Mexico is to be considered a newly industrialized nation,

Old
04-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosschecker View Post
Tell the families of those who have died from this that's it's fictional.....

GET LOST.
I think what he really meant, was "overblown" pandemic fears, that are causing people to panic needlessly outside of Mexico.

It's far from fictional, but more importantly, far from being a global pandemic. Even in Mexico. There is no need for panic. Only precaution.

Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 06:12 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
It's far more developed than countries like Sierra Leone or Yemen, but Mexico still isn't developed enough to be considered 1st world or even 2nd world, there's still a lot of poverty in Mexico and far more poverty than you will find in the first world.

India is also one of the world's biggest economies and is part of the G20, and it is one of the leaders in the world when it comes to the high tech industry and the entertainment business, yet I wouldn't hesitate one bit to put it on the list of third world countries because it simply is one.

Mexico is a similar case, it would be on the high end list of 3rd world countries.

edit:

Those things may prevent a larger number of people from catching the flu, but the risk of death remains the same for someone who caught it living in a 3rd world country and someone who has it but lives in a first world country.
You don't think there is a difference in hospitals between a 3rd and 1st world country.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 06:38 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
This

THe swine flue (like the 1918 pandemic) affects healty adults 20-40 because their immune system attacks so visciously that their lungs fill up with fluids. With our anti-virals, and lung ventinlator equipement the kind of death rates we saw then should not occur here.

nanuuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 07:27 PM
ARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
You don't think there is a difference in hospitals between a 3rd and 1st world country.
How is a hospital gonna prevent death from a flu which has no vaccine yet?

Old
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
mexicohockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuuq View Post
This

THe swine flue (like the 1918 pandemic) affects healty adults 20-40 because their immune system attacks so visciously that their lungs fill up with fluids. With our anti-virals, and lung ventinlator equipement the kind of death rates we saw then should not occur here.
Medical facilities in Mexico are pretty advanced, anti-virals are stocked, so no big difference.
Even with perfect care units in the most advanced nations, thousands of people die from ordinary influenza every year.

The measures being taken are important in order avoid an exponential spread of the virus, which might cause an overwhelming effect on the health system, as long as vaccination is not available.

Old
04-28-2009, 01:46 AM
DJB

vCash: 8579
I work for the Ottawa Paramedic Service and just an update for some of you and the news does not have this, there are 5 people being investigated for possibly having the virus here in Ottawa.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 01:52 AM
L'Aveuglette

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJong View Post
I work for the Ottawa Paramedic Service and just an update for some of you and the news does not have this, there are 5 people being investigated for possibly having the virus here in Ottawa.

Oh wait, I'm in Montreal now.

Suckers!

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 08:11 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post

Suckers!

Old
04-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post

Suckers!
Jokes on you .. if I get it, I'll be at home, deathly ill, pointing various parts of my body at the toilet all day, and watching The Price is Right, and you'll be stuck at work.

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Alba Gu Bra

Send a message via MSN to Alba Gu Bra
Let me just pose this question then. What do you think the global elites and Governments need to distract the public from the "financial meltdown" - which was planned I might add-? A war or pandemic histeria. Explore history and these things have always been used to distract a public who is conscious enough to force sweeping changes.

Seriously stop speading fictional fear.

Alba Gu Bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Kush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba Gu Bra View Post
Let me just pose this question then. What do you think the global elites and Governments need to distract the public from the "financial meltdown" - which was planned I might add-? A war or pandemic histeria. Explore history and these things have always been used to distract a public who is conscious enough to force sweeping changes.

Oh great, another conspiracy theorist..... And as far as name calling, grow up man.

Kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:21 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba Gu Bra View Post

It is convenient to get the sheeple concerned over this when the bank stress tests will be released tomorrow.

Old
04-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Kush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachoman AlfieSavage View Post
I've got a tickle in my throat. Could I have the swine flu?

OHHHHH YEAH!

Seriously, if you have nothing intelligent to add, go away!

Old
04-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 1076
Swine flu? Pigs can't fly!

HI-YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Kush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachoman AlfieSavage View Post
Funny, I don't see your name on the list of moderators. Maybe it's just an oversight.

OHHHHHH YEAH!!!
Ok troll....

Old
04-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Huston

Quote:
It is convenient to get the sheeple concerned over this when the bank stress tests will be released tomorrow.
I doubt it would make a difference. Headline news or not. They are content with the banksters stealing their money, and repaying their creditors.

Who needs stress tests when you have this evidence:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...wQs&refer=home

This is called the shadow banking system.. which Gordon Brown and the IMF are trying to protect.

Ah, the internet, what we didn't have in the 30s.

Oh, and for further activism, the swine flu seems to have been caused by factory farming... hmm... similar conditions in cities during the black plague.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle6182789.ece

Huston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 07:02 PM
The Fuhr*

If this was serious USA would close the Mexican border.

Old
04-28-2009, 10:41 PM
Alba Gu Bra

Send a message via MSN to Alba Gu Bra
The USA wants to close their borders...this is what this fake panddemic scare is all about. Just wait and watch!

Alba Gu Bra is offline   Reply With Quote