HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The real worry: a major hole in Carey Price's game

Old
04-26-2009, 01:12 PM
plafleur10

vCash: 500
The real worry: a major hole in Carey Price's game

Forget the « gesture ». Forget the obvious lack of maturity. Forget the drinking and partying. Forget the rumours of being involved with the wrong girl, getting beaten up and having to walk around Montreal surrounded by bodyguards. Forget the Youtube video of Carey vomiting in a swimming pool. Let’s call all those “youth mistakes”.

The real and major preoccupation has to be a major hole in Carey Price’s game which Boston’s advance scouting deserves a lot of credit for finding, to the delight of the Bruins’ snipers who had a party just shooting the puck at that hole and scoring almost at will.

The hole is on his stick side, anywhere from 1 foot high to the top of the net. Most of Boston goals went in right there and it was obvious that this is where most of their shots were directed.

Whether he can fix this hole or not is what will dictate the type of career he has.

The rest will be quickly forgotten.

plafleur10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 01:16 PM
MathMan

Wait wait wait...

I thought he had a weak glove hand? That was his big hole last year...

We really need to figure out what his real weakness his before we bash him for it...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Ohh i see this is the REAL worry as opposed to the other fakes ones.

Thanks buddy

when does the season start again?

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Wait wait wait...

I thought he had a weak glove hand? That was his big hole last year...

We really need to figure out what his real weakness his before we bash him for it...

You beat me to it!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Souvenirs

See, that's what's funny. Just like other posters said, everyone bashed Price for his ''non existent glove hand'', but we just discovered he had no stick side as well!

Also, Price puking on a youtube video? Share if you have it. We already have picture of Stewart throwing up as well.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 02:03 PM
habdynasty

Carey Price the most popular player on hf boards... someone quick start another Price thread

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 02:10 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
See, that's what's funny. Just like other posters said, everyone bashed Price for his ''non existent glove hand'', but we just discovered he had no stick side as well!

Also, Price puking on a youtube video? Share if you have it. We already have picture of Stewart throwing up as well.
is this like a "what came first? the chicken or the egg?" situation... cept with habs players and puke? personally, im mildly intrigued and amused by it all (as well disgusted of course)

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10 View Post
Forget the « gesture ». Forget the obvious lack of maturity. Forget the drinking and partying. Forget the rumours of being involved with the wrong girl, getting beaten up and having to walk around Montreal surrounded by bodyguards. Forget the Youtube video of Carey vomiting in a swimming pool. Let’s call all those “youth mistakes”.

The real and major preoccupation has to be a major hole in Carey Price’s game which Boston’s advance scouting deserves a lot of credit for finding, to the delight of the Bruins’ snipers who had a party just shooting the puck at that hole and scoring almost at will.

The hole is on his stick side, anywhere from 1 foot high to the top of the net. Most of Boston goals went in right there and it was obvious that this is where most of their shots were directed.

Whether he can fix this hole or not is what will dictate the type of career he has.

thanks for the analysis, it was awesome dude!

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hermamoud

Can Price play with two gloves then?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 02:12 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

I don't know how much of a "major hole" it is, but it was very obvious that Boston was going blocker side the whole series.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 02:15 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:

pLafleur.....this IMO is your best post EVER!! And one of the most entertaining and accurate posts I've seen here in eons.

Agree on all fronts...except, I don't forget or forgive Price for his lack of professionalism OVERALL.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Can Price play with two gloves then?

Kind of like a reverse Dan Blackburn?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

dont know if its worth a reply.. still watch the goals he let in again, it was perfect shots or perfect plays no goaltenders in this league would have stopped..

You can say a goaltender has been weak when the puck seems to pass through his body, what hasnt been the case for Carey in the Bruins serie..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
I don't know how much of a "major hole" it is, but it was very obvious that Boston was going blocker side the whole series.
Everyone having a bit of time to take his shot will target the blocker side of a goaltender, but most of the time it happens so fast that you dont have the time to think, you let your instinct go..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:48 PM
JrHockeyFan

The real worry is that we don't stop the REAL problem which is a team that was 24th in shots against. Our defense stinks. Our backchecking is non-existent

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

dont know if its worth a reply.. still watch the goals he let in again, it was perfect shots or perfect plays no goaltenders in this league would have stopped..

You can say a goaltender has been weak when the puck seems to pass through his body, what hasnt been the case for Carey in the Bruins serie..
Exactly...yet Price HAD to steal us that series, otherwise he's useless according to some fans.
Truth is, with all our injuries, we didn't have a chance.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:50 PM
TheCH*

Hopefully next year the number 1 goalie(no matter who that is) earns his keep!

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:59 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Upper stick side is the weak point of pretty much every single goalie...

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 04:02 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Are we supposed to forget that you have absolutely zero hockey experience? Forget that you have zero experience playing goalie? Forget that you have zero experience coaching goaltenders?

Because if we forget all that we might think of your point as a valid one. But since I'm not going to forget that, it's obviousy you are pulling **** out of your ass. Those goals happened because of SUPER weak defence and because Price followed Melanson's stupid coaching tip to stay in the blue paint.

Anyone can snipe blocker side on me when I'm in net too, when they have as much time and space as they want to get the perfect shot off.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Are we supposed to forget that you have absolutely zero hockey experience? Forget that you have zero experience playing goalie? Forget that you have zero experience coaching goaltenders?

Because if we forget all that we might think of your point as a valid one. But since I'm not going to forget that, it's obviousy you are pulling **** out of your ass. Those goals happened because of SUPER weak defence and because Price followed Melanson's stupid coaching tip to stay in the blue paint.

Anyone can snipe blocker side on me when I'm in net too, when they have as much time and space as they want to get the perfect shot off.
He probably just saw the nice goalie schema that RDS seems to dust off come playoff time.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

Poor positioning...and not seeing the puck properly. He's a big goalie...if he's sound positionally, he should close to NEVER let a goal short side. Been the golden rule of thumb since time began.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Belso

Quote:

Last year it was his weak glove side against Philly and this year it was a weak blocker side against Boston. What's it going to me next year? A weak five hole against your #*#?

I'm just kidding..

Maybe he just 21 and needs time to develop... I'll be worried at 26, not 21...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Bingo. As a guy who has played in net too I have to agree

I think folks forget that if a goalie has to steal a lot of games with spectacular saves, somebody else left him holding the bag.

Too bad the NHL didn't track scoring chances as opposed to just shots. It would be more obvious statistically. The time and space you mention gives the shooter a chance to do more than just shoot the puck on net.

we give up way too many shots and too many scoring chances too I think

Old
04-26-2009, 06:42 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Poor positioning...and not seeing the puck properly. He's a big goalie...if he's sound positionally, he should close to NEVER let a goal short side. Been the golden rule of thumb since time began.
And what if there is another forward to the other side and they have been going side to side freely on you all night. There is such a thing as sound defensive positional play too.

Old
04-26-2009, 06:48 PM
ReVeuF

What will be next ? Between his pads ?

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote