HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So... where are Carbo's bad apples ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2009, 03:47 PM
  #51
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I hope that this is untrue, because if it is, it's unbelievably crushing as a fan. I really like Komi and he's gotten nothing but great treatment from the fans and the organization. And hating ALL fans cuz of that? What about all the standing ovations and over-hyping and sending him to the All-star game (aint gonna happen again with another team if he plays the way he did)? Again, I hope that's not true, cuz I feel seriously betrayed as a fan and the fact that all those players must have similar sentiments is not good moving forward. I don't know what to think of the Markov dancing, that just pisses me off a la Malakhov ski trip (assuming it's true). Really hits you right in the nuts considering we're talking about someone who is supposed to be a great leader, a future captain and a guy who seems to be at the core of the players who want to wear the CH on their heart and give it their all. Now it seems like he's just a cry-baby mercenary. As much as it is all hearsay, it's not like I haven't heard equally scandalous stories (first hand-account) from people about Buona and our players, so I'm not discounting it completely (NOT STATING, just saying i've heard). Why do they go there all the time anyway? Gets old after awhile.
Shh. Don't panic. Seriously, that story is ********.
-Comes from a female fan (he told me to come over coz I'm so pretty!!lol)
-Komisarek would reveal all his career plans to a girl he just met?
-MARKOV IS DANCING ON A TABLE. CREDIBILITY = O%

Actually Bob doesn't negotiate with players during the season, so I doubt he got an offer. Also, I don't know the guy, but hell, Komisarek looks like the complete opposite of the girl's description.I doubt he'd go ''yeah, I hate everyone, fu, I want 6 millions''.

Finally: don't buy into that.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 03:51 PM
  #52
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,330
vCash: 500
I have a similar kind of story. Take it witn a grain of salt though. My cousin's girlfriend went to a bar last month and saw Carey Price, he refused to sign her an autograph for free and wanted something in return for it (I think you all know what thing he wanted). She said he acted very badly with other girls that night too. Again take it with a grain of salt.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:00 PM
  #53
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I have a similar kind of story. Take it witn a grain of salt though. My cousin's girlfriend went to a bar last month and saw Carey Price, he refused to sign her an autograph for free and wanted something in return for it (I think you all know what thing he wanted). She said he acted very badly with other girls that night too. Again take it with a grain of salt.
I know none of you mean any harm by these highly improbable stories, but it really serves no purpose other than creating negative rumours that might find their way back to the players.

Really it serves no purpose.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
  #54
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
I know none of you mean any harm by these highly improbable stories, but it really serves no purpose other than creating negative rumours that might find their way back to the players.

Really it serves no purpose.
They are most likely true though.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:23 PM
  #55
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I have a similar kind of story. Take it witn a grain of salt though. My cousin's girlfriend went to a bar last month and saw Carey Price, he refused to sign her an autograph for free and wanted something in return for it (I think you all know what thing he wanted). She said he acted very badly with other girls that night too. Again take it with a grain of salt.
Lol..take it with a huge grain of salt you mean.

I act the same way in bars, except instead of girls coming up for autographs, it's for drinks.
They come over to say what's up and make their pretty eyes only to ask for drinks after. I usually say..''you think you deserve one??..I think you'll owe me something''..and from there on..you can picture the rest.

It's nothing more than regular BS flirting.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:43 PM
  #56
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
They are most likely true though.
why?

You know what, yesterday I went out in the bars and I saw Price Schneider, Kovalev and Markov. They were dressed as cowboy, indian, policeman and biker. I thought Halloween had come early, but guess what, they were actually practising their YMCA!

This is most likely true.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:43 PM
  #57
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I hope that this is untrue, because if it is, it's unbelievably crushing as a fan. I really like Komi and he's gotten nothing but great treatment from the fans and the organization. And hating ALL fans cuz of that? What about all the standing ovations and over-hyping and sending him to the All-star game (aint gonna happen again with another team if he plays the way he did)? Again, I hope that's not true, cuz I feel seriously betrayed as a fan and the fact that all those players must have similar sentiments is not good moving forward. I don't know what to think of the Markov dancing, that just pisses me off a la Malakhov ski trip (assuming it's true). Really hits you right in the nuts considering we're talking about someone who is supposed to be a great leader, a future captain and a guy who seems to be at the core of the players who want to wear the CH on their heart and give it their all. Now it seems like he's just a cry-baby mercenary. As much as it is all hearsay, it's not like I haven't heard equally scandalous stories (first hand-account) from people about Buona and our players, so I'm not discounting it completely (NOT STATING, just saying i've heard). Why do they go there all the time anyway? Gets old after awhile.
It's exactly how I felt when I read it. My response on Habsinsideout was very skeptic (who would announce their financial plans?!), but there are TOO MANY stories.

These guys are dirtbags; we spoiled them.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 04:49 PM
  #58
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLapierre View Post
It's exactly how I felt when I read it. My response on Habsinsideout was very skeptic (who would announce their financial plans?!), but there are TOO MANY stories.

These guys are dirtbags; we spoiled them.
You know why there are too many stories?
Because Habs fans have no life and take this team way too personally.
We are passionate fans, that's awesome.
But when the main concerns with this team aren't hockey performances but personal reasons, political issues and rumours from the internet, the line has been crossed.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:07 PM
  #59
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
You know why there are too many stories?
Because Habs fans have no life and take this team way too personally.
We are passionate fans, that's awesome.
But when the main concerns with this team aren't hockey performances but personal reasons, political issues and rumours from the internet, the line has been crossed.
I disagree, you make a good point but last season it was all fun and games.

Last season whenever we saw them at a club we said "heyyy that's cool". This season they SUCKED. When they suck, we quit overlooking these atrocious behaviours. It's atrocious because they're repetitive, and directly results in poor play on ice.

The August right before Souray started his Slap-shot era (3 or 4 season ago) in an interview he said that he practiced his slapshot all summer long. He practiced at home, with a trainer, on ice and on ground. For that he became not only a better player but more reliable for his entire team. He was 29.

Latendresse publically admitted that he wants to work on his speed and skating. He took intense speed lessons, we even saw pictures. Dandenault, who had no reason to join him, did so anyway.


What did Higgins and Komi do? Three weeks at some NY training center. Pfft. What will Price do this summer? Take a two month break from the hardships of being a multi-million dollar hockey icon in the greatest city in the league. At least last season he lost weight.

I'm not saying these guys aren't allowed to take a summer off or to go out every weekend. I'm saying that if they do, they better be performing on the ice to the best of their abilities because that is the contract they signed.

Komisarek can take his 5m-6m dollar contract and play infront of a bunch of cowboys. Do you think that the Stars are going to have good fan support as soon as they don't perform? Look at the Avalanche, they were rocking and rolling until the wheels fell off. Anaheim and Carolina both had their cup parades in a god-damned parking lot.

Detroit is regularly empty. The Islander's Arena (Nassau Colliseum) is falling apart in front of 10000 fans. The South-east teams all have attendance issues. The Devil's have a brand new arena... in Newark (one of the most dangerous areas in America)

The only good teams are the original six and all the Canadian teams. Out of them, only we, HABS FANS, love the team like we do.

We're regularly cited as the best arena, most fun city and best fans. These mercenaries can go to these other places, it's not us who are missing out on their great play. They'll be missing out on us.

That being said, I don't believe all that story I posted completely, it's just a story that related to the thread.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:17 PM
  #60
j c petit
Locked-out
 
j c petit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rink Rat
Country: Canada
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLapierre View Post

Latendresse publically admitted that he wants to work on his speed and skating. He took intense speed lessons, we even saw pictures. Dandenault, who had no reason to join him, did so anyway.


What did Higgins and Komi do? Three weeks at some NY training center. Pfft. What will Price do this summer? Take a two month break from the hardships of being a multi-million dollar hockey icon in the greatest city in the league. At least last season he lost weight.

Does anyone still have the link to the Youtube video of Higgins and Komisarek's workout routines. I'd like to see them compared to Guillaume's "intense" lessons.

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:22 PM
  #61
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j c petit View Post
Does anyone still have the link to the Youtube video of Higgins and Komisarek's workout routines. I'd like to see them compared to Guillaume's "intense" lessons.
Did you completely miss my point? Gui addressed an issue with his game that he could've not addressed.

Higgins and Komi didn't. They did a normal routine to get in shape. They'll need it this summer for all the damage they did to their bodies over their time in Montreal.

Forget that about Gui and Higgins/Komisarek.

My point still stands:

When they perform, it's all okay.
When they play like steaming garbage, it's not all okay. You fix it, you improve, you STOP HAVING SEX WITH 18 YEAR OLDS YOU PICK UP AT BUENANOTTE.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:22 PM
  #62
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,330
vCash: 500
Guys come on... multiple stories have surfaced about players going out. Kovalev told the Russian press, we have pictures and now several stories from people I know wouldn't lie to me. We have a problem and some of you can't admit it.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:36 PM
  #63
j c petit
Locked-out
 
j c petit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rink Rat
Country: Canada
Posts: 665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLapierre View Post
Did you completely miss my point? Gui addressed an issue with his game that he could've not addressed.

Higgins and Komi didn't. They did a normal routine to get in shape. They'll need it this summer for all the damage they did to their bodies over their time in Montreal.

Forget that about Gui and Higgins/Komisarek.

My point still stands:

When they perform, it's all okay.
When they play like steaming garbage, it's not all okay. You fix it, you improve, you STOP HAVING SEX WITH 18 YEAR OLDS YOU PICK UP AT BUENANOTTE.
Their workouts are far from "normal routine". They were both ready for the season when it started. Whatever happened after is another story, but they came into camp every bit as ready as any others.

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
  #64
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLapierre View Post
I disagree, you make a good point but last season it was all fun and games.

Last season whenever we saw them at a club we said "heyyy that's cool". This season they SUCKED. When they suck, we quit overlooking these atrocious behaviours. It's atrocious because they're repetitive, and directly results in poor play on ice.

The August right before Souray started his Slap-shot era (3 or 4 season ago) in an interview he said that he practiced his slapshot all summer long. He practiced at home, with a trainer, on ice and on ground. For that he became not only a better player but more reliable for his entire team. He was 29.

Latendresse publically admitted that he wants to work on his speed and skating. He took intense speed lessons, we even saw pictures. Dandenault, who had no reason to join him, did so anyway.


What did Higgins and Komi do? Three weeks at some NY training center. Pfft. What will Price do this summer? Take a two month break from the hardships of being a multi-million dollar hockey icon in the greatest city in the league. At least last season he lost weight.

I'm not saying these guys aren't allowed to take a summer off or to go out every weekend. I'm saying that if they do, they better be performing on the ice to the best of their abilities because that is the contract they signed.

Komisarek can take his 5m-6m dollar contract and play infront of a bunch of cowboys. Do you think that the Stars are going to have good fan support as soon as they don't perform? Look at the Avalanche, they were rocking and rolling until the wheels fell off. Anaheim and Carolina both had their cup parades in a god-damned parking lot.

Detroit is regularly empty. The Islander's Arena (Nassau Colliseum) is falling apart in front of 10000 fans. The South-east teams all have attendance issues. The Devil's have a brand new arena... in Newark (one of the most dangerous areas in America)

The only good teams are the original six and all the Canadian teams. Out of them, only we, HABS FANS, love the team like we do.

We're regularly cited as the best arena, most fun city and best fans. These mercenaries can go to these other places, it's not us who are missing out on their great play. They'll be missing out on us.

That being said, I don't believe all that story I posted completely, it's just a story that related to the thread.
Good points. We'll just have to wait and see as to how this offseason turns out.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:51 PM
  #65
WhiskeySeven
Pretty big member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j c petit View Post
Their workouts are far from "normal routine". They were both ready for the season when it started. Whatever happened after is another story, but they came into camp every bit as ready as any others.
I'm not saying they weren't ready. I'm saying they didn't and probably won't go above and beyond what they are at the moment.

It's sad really because Higgins had a terrible shot last season too. Komi had a strong but wildly inaccurate shot. Hamrlik is a text book inaccurate shot candidate.

If normal people can work on their shots (If I spent 2 hours a day every other day this summer for example) I'm sure these PROFESSIONALS can do it. Souray did it. Hamrlik, Higgins and Komi (examples) probably won't (and haven't). Koivu doesn't even know how to shoot anymore

edit:

In response to the post below mine: I wish humourless stupidity was a bannable offense.


Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 04-27-2009 at 05:59 PM.
WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 05:55 PM
  #66
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,172
vCash: 500
Latendresse has intense workouts wow

habdynasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 06:19 PM
  #67
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLapierre View Post
I disagree, you make a good point but last season it was all fun and games.

Last season whenever we saw them at a club we said "heyyy that's cool". This season they SUCKED. When they suck, we quit overlooking these atrocious behaviours. It's atrocious because they're repetitive, and directly results in poor play on ice.

The August right before Souray started his Slap-shot era (3 or 4 season ago) in an interview he said that he practiced his slapshot all summer long. He practiced at home, with a trainer, on ice and on ground. For that he became not only a better player but more reliable for his entire team. He was 29.

Latendresse publically admitted that he wants to work on his speed and skating. He took intense speed lessons, we even saw pictures. Dandenault, who had no reason to join him, did so anyway.


What did Higgins and Komi do? Three weeks at some NY training center. Pfft. What will Price do this summer? Take a two month break from the hardships of being a multi-million dollar hockey icon in the greatest city in the league. At least last season he lost weight.

I'm not saying these guys aren't allowed to take a summer off or to go out every weekend. I'm saying that if they do, they better be performing on the ice to the best of their abilities because that is the contract they signed.

Komisarek can take his 5m-6m dollar contract and play infront of a bunch of cowboys. Do you think that the Stars are going to have good fan support as soon as they don't perform? Look at the Avalanche, they were rocking and rolling until the wheels fell off. Anaheim and Carolina both had their cup parades in a god-damned parking lot.

Detroit is regularly empty. The Islander's Arena (Nassau Colliseum) is falling apart in front of 10000 fans. The South-east teams all have attendance issues. The Devil's have a brand new arena... in Newark (one of the most dangerous areas in America)

The only good teams are the original six and all the Canadian teams. Out of them, only we, HABS FANS, love the team like we do.

We're regularly cited as the best arena, most fun city and best fans. These mercenaries can go to these other places, it's not us who are missing out on their great play. They'll be missing out on us.

That being said, I don't believe all that story I posted completely, it's just a story that related to the thread.
You know what I would like to see every once in a while when viewing these threads? Some sort of proof that the English speaking gang of Higgins, Komisarek, the Kosty's, and any other young guy that goes out and lives a little actually DID drugs, IMPREGNATED young women or COMMITTED crimes related to the mob. You would think that some of these offences would lead to criminal charges at some point? How about some of these STORIES, however many there may be, as though the number of stories validates their very existence, are actually PROVEN!

For the record, any 18 year old looking to get picked up at Buona Notte is definitely getting picked up by me. Why should it be different for players? At 18 they actually have the right to consensual sex you know?

Please excuse my capitalized wording.

I think it is the height of stupidity to say Gui worked out to improve himself and yet the fittest individual on the team is Higgins. You can say Higgy got injured but then so did Gui.

We, as fans, ridiculed our young goalie pinning all our failures on him. You claim we are the end all be all of the hockey universe but I was ashamed of the fans that ridiculed Price. Even Leaf fans wouldn't do that so what have we become? You claim only we, Hab Fans love our team the way we do yet we can't draw UFA's because of what we are.

Now you want these "cowboys" to go play elsewhere and replace them with who? Other players that don't want to be here? Higgins loved being a Hab and was destined to be our next captain by the majority of fans. Then he fell out of favour and it was Komi who was to be tne next captain. Now he can take a hike and we'll find a new captain after we throw out Koivu and replace him with who?

As fans most of the posters here are fairly intelligent and wrote this season off as payback for last season. We weren't as good as our record last season and we weren't as bad as our record this season. The fans in the Bell Centre however crossed the line with Price and with the team which was decimated with injuries.

Good luck letting all those UFA's go play for "cowboys" and replacing them with the farm. UFA's don't sign here and the ones that want to sign like Kovalev some fans like you do not want to have here. Bottom line BG needs to stay because regular people would blow it up and start over even though we improved on paper over the #1 in the East season we had the season before.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:15 PM
  #68
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLapierre View Post
Did you completely miss my point? Gui addressed an issue with his game that he could've not addressed.

Higgins and Komi didn't. They did a normal routine to get in shape. They'll need it this summer for all the damage they did to their bodies over their time in Montreal.

Forget that about Gui and Higgins/Komisarek.

My point still stands:

When they perform, it's all okay.
When they play like steaming garbage, it's not all okay. You fix it, you improve, you STOP HAVING SEX WITH 18 YEAR OLDS YOU PICK UP AT BUENANOTTE.
First off, the workout Komi and Higgins did is far from any regular routine workout. It's close to what I did for a while called ''crossfit''.
They train athletes, firefighters, cops, army, movie stars when they need to bulk up quickly, etc..
Crossfit and Gym Jones use types of workout that makes you fit like none other and from as far as I'm concerned, it was never about being out of shape with these two.

Komi was coming off a great season, many here were even saying he's our number 1 Dman. I laughed at that, but it's just to show you he was doing pretty well last year.
Higgins did get criticized, mainly for not burying his chances although he did finish the year with 27G. Not too shabby if you ask me.
Both of them didn't have a big flagrant flaw like Lats that need to be worked on. They just had to keep doing what they did and gain experience.

Now, Lats on the other hand, came off a very disappointed season where his lack of speed was a huge factor as to why he was constantly downgraded to the bottom line and press box.
I also find it funny how you forgot to mention the Habs had told him to take speed skating lessons the summer before but he never showed up.
Unless he wanted to keep playing on the 4th line/scratch, it was in his very best interest to get serious. So he did, good for him.
Dandy got scratched for the first time in his career last year, he wanted to come into camp with a mission and he accomplished it imo.


As far as having sex with 18yo, I don't see what the problem is.
Carey is 21, Komi and Higgins should have better taste but as long as they're legal and consenting then there's no problem.
Are you telling me you never picked up a girl at a club or bar?..I have on many occasions, so why should it be any different for them?

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.