HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2009 Draft Ticket Info & Other Stuff

Old
06-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Yeah, last year they admitted the ticket holders, then the general public got in to sit where ever they wanted.
Yeah, even season ticket holders got to sit wherever they wanted. There was no assigned seats at all.

My buddies had an extra season ticket and they gave it to me. So I got in early with them and people basically just raced for the best seats they could get.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:23 PM
hockychica

Something just doesn't add up. The last two years the lower level of the venue was for players and their families, friends, etc. The fans sat in the upper level. I think season ticket holders with draft tickets got the first chance at seating and then everyone else with tickets. Both in Columbus and in Ottawa the ticket info was out a fair amount of time in advance, certainly more than 2-3 weeks in advance which is were we are at now.

I'm sure the NHL has provided the team with the number of seats it would require be reserved and would think it would be up to the team to work out the distribution of the rest of tickets. I also find it odd that there is no notice of any special events being held in conjunction with the draft either. In the past they've had memorabilia sales, all the NHL trophies on display, live music, etc. going on at the rink on draft weekend.

While I'm looking forward to visiting Montreal I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed in the draft compared to previous years. I hope I'm wrong.

hockychica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Woland

OT - , do we know when next years schedule is going to be released ?

I know people who want to visit from Europe and they want to schedule this with a Hockey game ....

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 02:25 PM
budd99

I got tickets through my company, I have an assigned section and seats...

budd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 06:18 PM
pine

vCash: 50
2009 NHL Draft ticket distribution

MONTREAL -- The Montreal Canadiens and the National Hockey League are pleased to provide at no charge a very limited amount of tickets for the 2009 NHL Entry Draft to the general public. The first round of the Draft will be held at the Bell Centre on Friday, June 26 at 7:00 p.m., while the subsequent rounds will be held starting Saturday, June 27 at 10:00 a.m. Each ticket provides entry to both Friday’s and Saturday’s events.

All available tickets are General Admission tickets in the Club, White, Grey and Blue levels (levels 200, 300 and 400) of the Bell Centre. A general admission ticket does not assign a specific level or seat; seats will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis the day of the event.

For your chance to obtain tickets, please register by completing the form on Monday, June 15, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m available exclusively on canadiens.com . Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until all tickets are gone. Registration does not guarantee you will be selected to receive tickets. There is a limit of one entry, and one pair of tickets per individual. Any person submitting more than one registration will void their eligibility to receive tickets. Only those selected to receive tickets will be informed by e-mail on June 16, 2009. Tickets will be sent by regular mail on Wednesday, June 17.

IMPORTANT – Please note that as ticket availability is extremely limited, we ask that you ensure the tickets you receive be utilized on Friday, June 26 for the first round of the draft.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=425392

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Can't believe it's gonna be harder to get draft tix than season tix... Only in Montreal.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb_Rafter View Post
Can't believe it's gonna be harder to get draft tix than season tix... Only in Montreal.
what dosent make sense? Half of the bell center is used for the stage and floor, and seats are occupied by players, families, agents, etc.

So you have limited seasting for many people who want to attend.

seems logical, it is a one night only,

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2009, 06:46 PM
SwedeSenators

good its bene released, Im staying home monday so I will be right there at the computer getting ready.

SwedeSenators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

vCash: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
2009 NHL Draft ticket distribution

MONTREAL -- The Montreal Canadiens and the National Hockey League are pleased to provide at no charge a very limited amount of tickets for the 2009 NHL Entry Draft to the general public. The first round of the Draft will be held at the Bell Centre on Friday, June 26 at 7:00 p.m., while the subsequent rounds will be held starting Saturday, June 27 at 10:00 a.m. Each ticket provides entry to both Friday’s and Saturday’s events.

All available tickets are General Admission tickets in the Club, White, Grey and Blue levels (levels 200, 300 and 400) of the Bell Centre. A general admission ticket does not assign a specific level or seat; seats will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis the day of the event.

For your chance to obtain tickets, please register by completing the form on Monday, June 15, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m available exclusively on canadiens.com . Tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis until all tickets are gone. Registration does not guarantee you will be selected to receive tickets. There is a limit of one entry, and one pair of tickets per individual. Any person submitting more than one registration will void their eligibility to receive tickets. Only those selected to receive tickets will be informed by e-mail on June 16, 2009. Tickets will be sent by regular mail on Wednesday, June 17.

IMPORTANT – Please note that as ticket availability is extremely limited, we ask that you ensure the tickets you receive be utilized on Friday, June 26 for the first round of the draft.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?service...rticleid=425392
Thanks for posting this.

Damn, they're making it hard to get those tix. Last year they'd give you 4 per person at the Scotiabank box office.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 08:54 AM
bachus

go on canadiens.com, there is all the infos since yesterday.

bachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 09:24 AM
SpreeEndaz

Draft tickets info is up !

Good luck to everyone who will participate !

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=425392

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Harry Kakalovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
what dosent make sense? Half of the bell center is used for the stage and floor, and seats are occupied by players, families, agents, etc.

So you have limited seasting for many people who want to attend.

seems logical, it is a one night only,
Most people find the draft really boring, especially day 2. With so many tickets being given to STHs, who are in turn trying to sell them and have no interest in attending, I am wondering if the building might not be half empty with heaps of scalpers trying to sell tickets outside. That would be a real embarassment to the Habs.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Madden View Post
Most people find the draft really boring, especially day 2. With so many tickets being given to STHs, who are in turn trying to sell them and have no interest in attending, I am wondering if the building might not be half empty with heaps of scalpers trying to sell tickets outside. That would be a real embarassment to the Habs.
how is scalping any more embarassing at the draft, than at a regular season game?

True the tickets are free, but they are limited. If people are willing to actually PAY to see the draft, they they are the only embarassment in this. I dont see how this would reflect the habs at all. The NHL draft is not suppose to be some sort of fan friendly festival. Its about the players, the teams, and if people are lucky enough to attend, then good for them.

Its like being upset because you couldnt get tickets for the NHL Awards.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:04 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Edit. Nevermind.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:04 AM
patsbury

It is now guys

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:05 AM
patsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Umm.. already sold out...? 2 minutes in?!

I submitted the form....keep refreshing

patsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:08 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsbury View Post
I submitted the form....keep refreshing
Yeah, I went on at 9:02 and it told me it was closed.. So I thought it was already sold out, haha.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Habitant#1

It says one form per person, but can my sister and I both submit a form or will we both get shot down for having the same IP address?

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:19 AM
la25ecoupe

Danm.. i got there at 9:15.. probably too late..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 08:22 AM
euphrates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant#1 View Post
It says one form per person, but can my sister and I both submit a form or will we both get shot down for having the same IP address?
one per household... same thing happened for my brother and i

euphrates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I submitted at like 9:45...I hope I get one.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Harry Kakalovich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
how is scalping any more embarassing at the draft, than at a regular season game?

True the tickets are free, but they are limited. If people are willing to actually PAY to see the draft, they they are the only embarassment in this. I dont see how this would reflect the habs at all. The NHL draft is not suppose to be some sort of fan friendly festival. Its about the players, the teams, and if people are lucky enough to attend, then good for them.

Its like being upset because you couldnt get tickets for the NHL Awards.
It is embarassing if the seats aren't full and there are scalpers outside selling them. Why? Because the NHL teams try really hard to fill the draft with fans, it's a sort of celebration and an honour to host the draft, and to not have it filled up would be embarrassing. In the way of disappointed expectations and mismanagement, especially in hockey-mad Montreal.

But I am also (on a personal level) embarassed for those who are scalping tickets to a free event, and I think those who bought the tickets should not have done so. But that's my own personal opinion, I don't know how the NHL would feel about it.

Everything the NHL does is for the fans, not for the players. All the games and everything that is built up around them are business elements. The NHL is a product that fans are buying when they attend games, buy jerseys, go to the draft, etc. If the draft were not for fans, why would they market it to fans? Why would they host events and pay people to run the special events for fans on draft day? Why would they bring all the HHOF trophies for fans to see? Yes, it is an important day for the players who get drafted and the organizations who draft them, but these organizations are businesses who hope to make money through these players, and to market them to their fans. The draft is where this process starts.

Anyway, that was just in response to your belief that the NHL is in some disinterested in fan reaction to the draft, and that the draft is somehow something aloof from the business of the NHL (which it absolutely isn't). The NHL is and will continue to be vitally concerned in retaining and expanding fan appeal as far as it possibly can, in Canada, in the US, and abroad. And they need to be. The draft is part of that overall process, which is why they hold it in arenas, expecting fans to attend.

Harry Kakalovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Bud2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrates View Post
one per household... same thing happened for my brother and i
Euhm...That's not how I'm reading it..

''There is a limit of one entry, and one pair of tickets per individual. Any person submitting more than one registration will void their eligibility to receive tickets.''

Doesn't say anything about 1 per household..

Anyways, my sister and I both submitted a form and I think my mother also did.

Bud2790 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Spex

I'm about 90% sure my contact in Montreal can score me some tickets, but I signed up for the lottery anyway.

i went to the draft last year and while there wasn't a lot of stuff going on outside teh arena, it was cool being there and following the GMs with your binoculars to see who they're talking too. (It's cool seeing 2 GMs talking then 10 minutes later Bettman is up there announcing a trade)

Oh, and the best was Gretzky getting a standing ovation.

To whoever said it's something for the palyers, teams and families only, that's BS. If the NHL wanted something private, they should do it in a conference room or something, not move it around every year

Spex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
HABsurde

I will get my tickets by mail this week, if they are general admission ticket, i probably won't use them, so i might have some tickets to give away, i'll let you know later this week people....

but knowing my contact, they should be very good seat in the reds, let's just hope...

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote