HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Same old Sandra

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Same old Sandra

Well he's been here 5 or 6 games and he's got 2 penalty minutes.

I can see how he's totally on the same level of Simon now.... now that I've had the chance to see this turd for a second time he's managed to win me over even more.

Makes you wonder if this guy even wants to be in the NHL next season.

He put up 37 pim in boston {wow} which included 5 minutes for squaring off with Tie Domi and then literally diving to the ice like Domi was holding a hand gun.

He got waived by Boston and he's showing nothing here.

It's like watching a dog limp around a farm, you just want someone to go out there, punch his lights out and put him out of his misery.

You're done Sandy, stop wasting everyone's time. The friggen jersey you wear is worth more than your player value.

Not bitter at all.

Old
03-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Hankenstein

Sandy could be the posterboy for the Rangers last 7 seasons. A perfect representation of craptastic suckiness.

Old
03-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Edge

yeah but what is truly amazing is that as recently as 3 weeks ago there were people still trying to say that Simon wasn't a big upgrade over Sandy and blah blah blah.

His coming back couldn't have been better timed for the people who didn't have a chance to see him in boston.

It's just sad to watch him now.

Old
03-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Barnaby

LoL, I remember arguing with everyone before this season about this.

SANDRA SUCKS. He can't play. He can't fight that well. He never fights anyway. Dump this piece of crap ASAP. I'd rather watch Dave Krapa at this point...

Old
03-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Edge

well the two times i saw him this season he got beat up by Langdon {whom he used to own} and his diving act against Domi.

the guy simply doesnt want to fight anymore, its as simple as that. he wants to money.

where else can you make $300,000 for one years work and not do a dang thing you were hired to do.

Old
03-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Well he's been here 5 or 6 games and he's got 2 penalty minutes.

I can see how he's totally on the same level of Simon now.... now that I've had the chance to see this turd for a second time he's managed to win me over even more.

Makes you wonder if this guy even wants to be in the NHL next season.

He put up 37 pim in boston {wow} which included 5 minutes for squaring off with Tie Domi and then literally diving to the ice like Domi was holding a hand gun.

He got waived by Boston and he's showing nothing here.

It's like watching a dog limp around a farm, you just want someone to go out there, punch his lights out and put him out of his misery.

You're done Sandy, stop wasting everyone's time. The friggen jersey you wear is worth more than your player value.

Not bitter at all.

Old
03-20-2004, 05:17 PM
Bruinaholic

Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
Hes worse then pathetic....and he makes more then the 300k mentioned above, try 800K...he should be ashamed of himself he truly makes me sick :mad:

Old
03-20-2004, 05:41 PM
BigE

I agree with all of this.

My question is; why is he playing on the PP when Balej is on the bench? Every player on that bench is more qualified to play on the PP than him. Hell even McAllistar would be better on the PP - at least you could throw his 6'8 frame infront.

Old
03-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Edge

I'm waiting for someone to pop in and try to convince me he is a good checker again.....

Old
03-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
I'm waiting for someone to pop in and try to convince me he is a good checker again.....
LoL, they are lurking. They know enough then to jump in on his behalf again

Speaking of which what about all of those Purinton lovers? Half of them wanted him paired with Leetch, the other half had him pegged him as a young developing top 4 d-man. The guy is slow and plays a cheap game that I don't begin to respect.

Old
03-20-2004, 07:29 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE
I agree with all of this.

My question is; why is he playing on the PP when Balej is on the bench? Every player on that bench is more qualified to play on the PP than him. Hell even McAllistar would be better on the PP - at least you could throw his 6'8 frame infront.
I'm very surprised to hear McCarthy is getting more PP time than Jozef... Balej's got some very sharp puck skills, He has scored the best goal of the year IMO in the AHL when he tapped it off his skate, and had the defence, and goalie fooled (making it look like more of a pass) it was such a beauty... For an offensively gifted rookie, I figure it would be a no brainer to toss him on the Special teams (where they usually make their mark) esp. when there is room!!

Old
03-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
I'm very surprised to hear McCarthy is getting more PP time than Jozef... Balej's got some very sharp puck skills, He has scored the best goal of the year IMO in the AHL when he tapped it off his skate, and had the defence, and goalie fooled (making it look like more of a pass) it was such a beauty... For an offensively gifted rookie, I figure it would be a no brainer to toss him on the Special teams (where they usually make their mark) esp. when there is room!!
McCarthy got 20 seconds of PP time today (true - 20 seconds too much - but it was the end of the shift) and Balej 2:20 - 5th highest among forwards. He was on the 2nd PP unit.

Old
03-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park #2
McCarthy got 20 seconds of PP time today (true - 20 seconds too much - but it was the end of the shift) and Balej 2:20 - 5th highest among forwards. He was on the 2nd PP unit.
Oh that's not too bad... I thought from some of the posts that it was a regular occurance (seeing McCarthy out there instead of Balej) That would be disturbing... At times in Mtl..we've seen Juneau who to be frank, looks like a corpse at times this year.. Sometimes, I just wonder what goes on in some of these coaches heads

Old
03-20-2004, 08:41 PM
Edge

"gotta keep my job.....gotta keep my job......can't be fired....NHL is very impatient.......gotta keep my job".

that about sums it up.

Old
03-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Shadowtron

Simon definitely won me over this season. Really liked his game. He fought occasionally, and chipped in with a goal here and there. He and Barnaby were probably my two favorite players this season.

Old
03-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Hankenstein

Simon really, really..and I mean REALLY surprized me. He was MUCH better than I anticipated. Heck, he had more goals than Kovalev for a good stretch!

Old
03-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Edge

he wasn't perfect but he won me over.

i was biased towards him to start, but he surprised me.

still inconsistent and stuff, but he was a pleasent surprise.

Old
03-21-2004, 12:03 AM
dumpsathernow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Simon definitely won me over this season. Really liked his game. He fought occasionally, and chipped in with a goal here and there. He and Barnaby were probably my two favorite players this season.
the 2 of them were perfect fits in ny true deservers of the red wwhite and blue jersyes with out a doubt barny and simon clicked this year could tell they are close ... sather if still here better sign the both of them back barny for 3-4 years and simon 2-3, they deserve it

Closed Thread