HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

François Allaire back with the Habs a possibility?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-27-2009, 07:50 AM
  #1
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,496
vCash: 500
François Allaire back with the Habs a possibility?

Check out the end of this article...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...e-meilleur.php

Quote:
Et qu'est-ce qui attend l'ancien mentor de Patrick Roy à Montréal ces prochaines saisons? «Mon contrat se termine à la fin de l'année et il n'y a pas encore eu de négociations avec les Ducks, a mentionné Allaire. Ils attendent probablement la fin de la saison et moi aussi, je préfère attendre. Dans ce milieu, tu essaies de faire le meilleur boulot pour ton organisation, et le plus longtemps possible. Il y a des fois où tu sens que l'intérêt est moins là, ou encore c'est toi qui as d'autres préoccupations, et la situation n'est plus favorable. Comme ce fut le cas à Montréal à l'époque.»

L'éloignement géographique commence-t-il à peser lourd? «C'est sûr que ce n'est pas tout le temps évident. Mais je ne suis pas le seul. Rares sont ceux qui travaillent dans leur ville d'origine. J'ai été chanceux de travailler à Montréal durant 12 ans.»

Et si l'occasion s'offrait de nouveau à Montréal? Il ricane au bout du fil. «Je ne peux pas parler de ça. Tu sais que je suis encore sous contrat jusqu'au 1er juillet?»
He said that he's still under contract with the Ducks until July 1st and it's starting to be hard to work far from his hometown. Can't say if he's interested or not to comeback here because he's still under contract.

IMO, we have to do everything to bring him back. Melanson is good, but I'm not sure he's the guy for Montreal. Every goaltenders had let downs...

If there's one guy we can't manage to let rot is Carey Price. He can and should be the face of our franchise for many years to come and Allaire would be the perfect guy for him. I'm sure he would be thrilled to comeback and work with one of the best young netminder of the NHL.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:01 AM
  #2
Avant-Gardien
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: Canada
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
While I'm not as ready as most here to throw Rollie Melanson under the bus, I'd be comfortable with Allaire as goalie coach. He's more than the butterflying-one-trick-pony his popular perception makes him out to be.

Avant-Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:08 AM
  #3
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,911
vCash: 500
If Roy comes back in the mix of the Habs,I don't see why Allaire wouldn't wanna make a comeback

Would be great help for both Halak and Price.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:22 AM
  #4
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
I'm one of them who thinks that RM is doing fine, well pretty good if you ask me.
We need a D-Man coach before anything else.
BUT, this being Allaire, well its worth looking at his situation and perhaps snatch him before someone else does. This is July 1st and we are the 27 of April.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:25 AM
  #5
Benzaza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
I agree with Otto... D-coach is more important but if its possible to get both without hindering the other..go for it

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:37 AM
  #6
superstar436
Registered User
 
superstar436's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,000
vCash: 500
Ppl look at price to measure RM effectiveness, but we seem to forget that at this year, Halak was terrific. Alos, RM helped Theo & Huet. WE have to stop looking at the coaches and look at the players sometimes. However, I would that Cary goes back to hybrid style only because it is less demanding physically on goalies ( less injuries when they grow older )

Like others said above, we need another solid D and a good dman coach.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:21 AM
  #7
Mother Pucker
Registered User
 
Mother Pucker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Tibet
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
I agree with Otto... D-coach is more important but if its possible to get both without hindering the other..go for it
With Allaire as goalie coach...we wouldn't need any D

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
  #8
Benzaza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
With Allaire as goalie coach...we wouldn't need any D
LOL ..we still need a d-coach...I want the habs d-squad to be smooth,fast and strong..a d-man coach that can recommend players to trade for, to pick up on waivers, UFa, create a standard that Hamilton can follow so as soon young kids come up they are ready to play a minimum...

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:39 AM
  #9
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
Ppl look at price to measure RM effectiveness, but we seem to forget that at this year, Halak was terrific. Alos, RM helped Theo & Huet. WE have to stop looking at the coaches and look at the players sometimes. However, I would that Cary goes back to hybrid style only because it is less demanding physically on goalies ( less injuries when they grow older )

Like others said above, we need another solid D and a good dman coach.
While many goaltenders who worked with Melanson did great at time, they were also bad after. I don't know why, but it happened many times. I'm not saying I'd like the Habs to get Allaire because Price had a bad season...I'm saying it because Allaire is simply the best in the business, and we need the best in Montreal.

I also agree that we need to get a D coach, but that's easy to find. If we want one, we'll get one. In Allaire's case, he's the best and he won't be available really often. If he's interested to come back here, we have to get him...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:47 AM
  #10
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm one of them who thinks that RM is doing fine, well pretty good if you ask me.
We need a D-Man coach before anything else.
BUT, this being Allaire, well its worth looking at his situation and perhaps snatch him before someone else does. This is July 1st and we are the 27 of April.
I agree. The Habs need a fresh face behind the bench.. I have nothing against Muller and Jarvis as people, but the fact that the PP died, the habs were out shot Too many games last season and I've mentioned a hundred times that they need a real D-coach in the last few years because the make so many bad plays at that position which has cost them games..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:51 AM
  #11
JHabs
HFB Partner
 
JHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,354
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Cross your fingers.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:00 AM
  #12
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
One can only hope.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
  #13
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Check out the end of this article...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...e-meilleur.php



He said that he's still under contract with the Ducks until July 1st and it's starting to be hard to work far from his hometown. Can't say if he's interested or not to comeback here because he's still under contract.

IMO, we have to do everything to bring him back. Melanson is good, but I'm not sure he's the guy for Montreal. Every goaltenders had let downs...

If there's one guy we can't manage to let rot is Carey Price. He can and should be the face of our franchise for many years to come and Allaire would be the perfect guy for him. I'm sure he would be thrilled to comeback and work with one of the best young netminder of the NHL.
Melanson has a better track record than Allaire. Roy was a special talent, he had the mental toughness and athletic ability and was driven, you can't say Allaire gave him any of that. Melanson got a lot of mileage out of guys like Huet, Halak, Theodore, Hackett etc

Price's struggles are as a result of Gainey trading huet last year and just annointing him as #1, plus Price's own lifestyle.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:10 AM
  #14
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
While many goaltenders who worked with Melanson did great at time, they were also bad after. I don't know why, but it happened many times. I'm not saying I'd like the Habs to get Allaire because Price had a bad season...I'm saying it because Allaire is simply the best in the business, and we need the best in Montreal.

I also agree that we need to get a D coach, but that's easy to find. If we want one, we'll get one. In Allaire's case, he's the best and he won't be available really often. If he's interested to come back here, we have to get him...
What about Allaire? Giguere was once a top NHL goalie and he is now an overpaid back up, where is that in your logic?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:13 AM
  #15
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Melanson has a better track record than Allaire. Roy was a special talent, he had the mental toughness and athletic ability and was driven, you can't say Allaire gave him any of that. Melanson got a lot of mileage out of guys like Huet, Halak, Theodore, Hackett etc

Price's struggles are as a result of Gainey trading huet last year and just annointing him as #1, plus Price's own lifestyle.
Put Price on the same teams Roy had the pleasure of walking into, and I think we are having a different discussion. Price has always been known for his mental toughness, people called him unbreakable mentally.

That is, until... Melanson got a hold of him. I'm not sure how you can say Melanson got a lot of mileage out of Halak, considering he's hardly had a sniff at the NHL level.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:32 AM
  #16
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Melanson has a better track record than Allaire. Roy was a special talent, he had the mental toughness and athletic ability and was driven, you can't say Allaire gave him any of that. Melanson got a lot of mileage out of guys like Huet, Halak, Theodore, Hackett etc

Price's struggles are as a result of Gainey trading huet last year and just annointing him as #1, plus Price's own lifestyle.
Those are all small butterfly goalies. Price has the size and skill to be a hybrid guy. We've heard rumors that Melanson doesn't want Price standing, and that he doesn't want him to step out of the blue paint...If true, he needs to go. A goalie like Price needs to be challenging shooters far more than he is.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:46 AM
  #17
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What about Allaire? Giguere was once a top NHL goalie and he is now an overpaid back up, where is that in your logic?
Replacing one Conn Smythe/Stanley goalie trained by a coach with another goalie hand-picked and trained by the same goalie coach does not represent a failure of said coach...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:49 AM
  #18
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
One can only hope.
I disagree, we need a goalie coach who will help Price to stay up more often, not the other way around...

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 11:11 AM
  #19
kovalost27
 
kovalost27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Whoever doubts how good Price is is an idiot. Price cannot win games and he cannot be completely sound mentally when his defense is leaving him with huge scoring opportunities that he has to save. Goaltenders can only save so many of those...

Whenever we put Halak in, he is less rattled because he gets longer breaks and his defense plays as if Price is not in nets (which they are a lot more careful and responsible).

I think the key for Montreal to have Price playing his best is if they give the kid a good defensive unit so that he doesn't have to scramble all season long as a result of poor defending.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 11:13 AM
  #20
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,888
vCash: 500
please

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 11:32 AM
  #21
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What about Allaire? Giguere was once a top NHL goalie and he is now an overpaid back up, where is that in your logic?
maybe cause Giguere's likely has nothing to do with hockey and everything to do with MAJOR personal life issues.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 11:36 AM
  #22
DeVries*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In your face
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,979
vCash: 500
Wow, I want Allaire so bad instead of Melanson!

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
  #23
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
Ppl look at price to measure RM effectiveness, but we seem to forget that at this year, Halak was terrific. Alos, RM helped Theo & Huet. WE have to stop looking at the coaches and look at the players sometimes. However, I would that Cary goes back to hybrid style only because it is less demanding physically on goalies ( less injuries when they grow older )

Like others said above, we need another solid D and a good dman coach.
You seem to contradict yourself here...

A good head coach with a system would really help us. I do question RM's methods though, it is obvious that Price is moving a lot more than he used to.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
  #24
digger18
Registered User
 
digger18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williams Lake B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
What about bringing in Patrick Roy to be the GC? Carey Price is obviously struggling wiht the pressures of playing in Montreal. His issues are not due to technique, he just needs to be more mentally tough. Why not bring in Roy, to help him deal with that, considering he may just be the most menatlly tough goalie in history and would be able to help Price battle through the BS. Now that Roy is back in the good books with the organization, I think he would be the perfect fit for this job. R M was a seive when he played, how is he supposed to be a good coach? As for Allaire, he is a technique coach, Carey Price needs to build confidence, more than he needs to shore up his positional game in my opinion


Last edited by digger18: 04-27-2009 at 12:40 PM.
digger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 01:53 PM
  #25
DirtyJeeves
Registered User
 
DirtyJeeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Anderson, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Roy won't accept a goaltending coach position, his ego wouldn't allow it.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.