HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

François Allaire back with the Habs a possibility?

Old
04-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

vCash: 500
François Allaire back with the Habs a possibility?

Check out the end of this article...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...e-meilleur.php

Quote:
Et qu'est-ce qui attend l'ancien mentor de Patrick Roy à Montréal ces prochaines saisons? «Mon contrat se termine à la fin de l'année et il n'y a pas encore eu de négociations avec les Ducks, a mentionné Allaire. Ils attendent probablement la fin de la saison et moi aussi, je préfère attendre. Dans ce milieu, tu essaies de faire le meilleur boulot pour ton organisation, et le plus longtemps possible. Il y a des fois où tu sens que l'intérêt est moins là, ou encore c'est toi qui as d'autres préoccupations, et la situation n'est plus favorable. Comme ce fut le cas à Montréal à l'époque.»

L'éloignement géographique commence-t-il à peser lourd? «C'est sûr que ce n'est pas tout le temps évident. Mais je ne suis pas le seul. Rares sont ceux qui travaillent dans leur ville d'origine. J'ai été chanceux de travailler à Montréal durant 12 ans.»

Et si l'occasion s'offrait de nouveau à Montréal? Il ricane au bout du fil. «Je ne peux pas parler de ça. Tu sais que je suis encore sous contrat jusqu'au 1er juillet?»
He said that he's still under contract with the Ducks until July 1st and it's starting to be hard to work far from his hometown. Can't say if he's interested or not to comeback here because he's still under contract.

IMO, we have to do everything to bring him back. Melanson is good, but I'm not sure he's the guy for Montreal. Every goaltenders had let downs...

If there's one guy we can't manage to let rot is Carey Price. He can and should be the face of our franchise for many years to come and Allaire would be the perfect guy for him. I'm sure he would be thrilled to comeback and work with one of the best young netminder of the NHL.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Avant-Gardien

While I'm not as ready as most here to throw Rollie Melanson under the bus, I'd be comfortable with Allaire as goalie coach. He's more than the butterflying-one-trick-pony his popular perception makes him out to be.

Avant-Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:08 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

If Roy comes back in the mix of the Habs,I don't see why Allaire wouldn't wanna make a comeback

Would be great help for both Halak and Price.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:22 AM
otto bond

I'm one of them who thinks that RM is doing fine, well pretty good if you ask me.
We need a D-Man coach before anything else.
BUT, this being Allaire, well its worth looking at his situation and perhaps snatch him before someone else does. This is July 1st and we are the 27 of April.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:25 AM
Benzaza

I agree with Otto... D-coach is more important but if its possible to get both without hindering the other..go for it

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:37 AM
superstar436

Ppl look at price to measure RM effectiveness, but we seem to forget that at this year, Halak was terrific. Alos, RM helped Theo & Huet. WE have to stop looking at the coaches and look at the players sometimes. However, I would that Cary goes back to hybrid style only because it is less demanding physically on goalies ( less injuries when they grow older )

Like others said above, we need another solid D and a good dman coach.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaza View Post
I agree with Otto... D-coach is more important but if its possible to get both without hindering the other..go for it
With Allaire as goalie coach...we wouldn't need any D

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Benzaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
With Allaire as goalie coach...we wouldn't need any D
LOL ..we still need a d-coach...I want the habs d-squad to be smooth,fast and strong..a d-man coach that can recommend players to trade for, to pick up on waivers, UFa, create a standard that Hamilton can follow so as soon young kids come up they are ready to play a minimum...

Benzaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
Ppl look at price to measure RM effectiveness, but we seem to forget that at this year, Halak was terrific. Alos, RM helped Theo & Huet. WE have to stop looking at the coaches and look at the players sometimes. However, I would that Cary goes back to hybrid style only because it is less demanding physically on goalies ( less injuries when they grow older )

While many goaltenders who worked with Melanson did great at time, they were also bad after. I don't know why, but it happened many times. I'm not saying I'd like the Habs to get Allaire because Price had a bad season...I'm saying it because Allaire is simply the best in the business, and we need the best in Montreal.

I also agree that we need to get a D coach, but that's easy to find. If we want one, we'll get one. In Allaire's case, he's the best and he won't be available really often. If he's interested to come back here, we have to get him...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I'm one of them who thinks that RM is doing fine, well pretty good if you ask me.
We need a D-Man coach before anything else.
BUT, this being Allaire, well its worth looking at his situation and perhaps snatch him before someone else does. This is July 1st and we are the 27 of April.
I agree. The Habs need a fresh face behind the bench.. I have nothing against Muller and Jarvis as people, but the fact that the PP died, the habs were out shot Too many games last season and I've mentioned a hundred times that they need a real D-coach in the last few years because the make so many bad plays at that position which has cost them games..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 09:51 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Cross your fingers.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Habs

One can only hope.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Check out the end of this article...

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...e-meilleur.php

He said that he's still under contract with the Ducks until July 1st and it's starting to be hard to work far from his hometown. Can't say if he's interested or not to comeback here because he's still under contract.

IMO, we have to do everything to bring him back. Melanson is good, but I'm not sure he's the guy for Montreal. Every goaltenders had let downs...

If there's one guy we can't manage to let rot is Carey Price. He can and should be the face of our franchise for many years to come and Allaire would be the perfect guy for him. I'm sure he would be thrilled to comeback and work with one of the best young netminder of the NHL.
Melanson has a better track record than Allaire. Roy was a special talent, he had the mental toughness and athletic ability and was driven, you can't say Allaire gave him any of that. Melanson got a lot of mileage out of guys like Huet, Halak, Theodore, Hackett etc

Price's struggles are as a result of Gainey trading huet last year and just annointing him as #1, plus Price's own lifestyle.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
While many goaltenders who worked with Melanson did great at time, they were also bad after. I don't know why, but it happened many times. I'm not saying I'd like the Habs to get Allaire because Price had a bad season...I'm saying it because Allaire is simply the best in the business, and we need the best in Montreal.

I also agree that we need to get a D coach, but that's easy to find. If we want one, we'll get one. In Allaire's case, he's the best and he won't be available really often. If he's interested to come back here, we have to get him...
What about Allaire? Giguere was once a top NHL goalie and he is now an overpaid back up, where is that in your logic?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Melanson has a better track record than Allaire. Roy was a special talent, he had the mental toughness and athletic ability and was driven, you can't say Allaire gave him any of that. Melanson got a lot of mileage out of guys like Huet, Halak, Theodore, Hackett etc

Price's struggles are as a result of Gainey trading huet last year and just annointing him as #1, plus Price's own lifestyle.
Put Price on the same teams Roy had the pleasure of walking into, and I think we are having a different discussion. Price has always been known for his mental toughness, people called him unbreakable mentally.

That is, until... Melanson got a hold of him. I'm not sure how you can say Melanson got a lot of mileage out of Halak, considering he's hardly had a sniff at the NHL level.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Shabutie

Quote:

Those are all small butterfly goalies. Price has the size and skill to be a hybrid guy. We've heard rumors that Melanson doesn't want Price standing, and that he doesn't want him to step out of the blue paint...If true, he needs to go. A goalie like Price needs to be challenging shooters far more than he is.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:46 AM
MathMan

Quote:
What about Allaire? Giguere was once a top NHL goalie and he is now an overpaid back up, where is that in your logic?
Replacing one Conn Smythe/Stanley goalie trained by a coach with another goalie hand-picked and trained by the same goalie coach does not represent a failure of said coach...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
One can only hope.
I disagree, we need a goalie coach who will help Price to stay up more often, not the other way around...

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 11:11 AM
kovalost27

Whoever doubts how good Price is is an idiot. Price cannot win games and he cannot be completely sound mentally when his defense is leaving him with huge scoring opportunities that he has to save. Goaltenders can only save so many of those...

Whenever we put Halak in, he is less rattled because he gets longer breaks and his defense plays as if Price is not in nets (which they are a lot more careful and responsible).

I think the key for Montreal to have Price playing his best is if they give the kid a good defensive unit so that he doesn't have to scramble all season long as a result of poor defending.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 11:13 AM
number 11

please

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
maybe cause Giguere's likely has nothing to do with hockey and everything to do with MAJOR personal life issues.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 11:36 AM
DeVries*

Wow, I want Allaire so bad instead of Melanson!

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post

You seem to contradict yourself here...

A good head coach with a system would really help us. I do question RM's methods though, it is obvious that Price is moving a lot more than he used to.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
digger18

What about bringing in Patrick Roy to be the GC? Carey Price is obviously struggling wiht the pressures of playing in Montreal. His issues are not due to technique, he just needs to be more mentally tough. Why not bring in Roy, to help him deal with that, considering he may just be the most menatlly tough goalie in history and would be able to help Price battle through the BS. Now that Roy is back in the good books with the organization, I think he would be the perfect fit for this job. R M was a seive when he played, how is he supposed to be a good coach? As for Allaire, he is a technique coach, Carey Price needs to build confidence, more than he needs to shore up his positional game in my opinion

Last edited by digger18: 04-27-2009 at 12:40 PM.
digger18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 01:53 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Roy won't accept a goaltending coach position, his ego wouldn't allow it.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote