HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Komisarek play in the playoffs?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2004, 10:12 PM
  #1
MontrealCruiser_83*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
Will Komisarek play in the playoffs?

With his extremely steady improvement over the past two weeks, will CJ make some room for him in the playoffs?

I personally believe that he contributes more to the team then Quintal and that if he were to participate during the post season that his development would only better itself.

MontrealCruiser_83* is offline  
Old
03-20-2004, 10:21 PM
  #2
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealCruiser_83
With his extremely steady improvement over the past two weeks, will CJ make some room for him in the playoffs?

I personally believe that he contributes more to the team then Quintal and that if he were to participate during the post season that his development would only better itself.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
thats your opinion now here's mine

you dont take out a 16 year vetern who done battle for you all year and replace him with a rookie.i know were all excited about komi,but he's got along carreer ahead of him,and will have the the chance to play alot more playoff hockey in the years to come.lets take it game by game..he is definality playin so better hockey as of late.
lets she how we do come playoffs.

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
03-20-2004, 10:21 PM
  #3
MontrealCruiser_83*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
forgot to throw this in... coaching great Red Berenson had this to say about Mike when he coached him at Michigan...

"I thought he got better as the games got bigger. He played his best hockey in the stretch run and that's why his stock went up. People saw him play some good games against good teams and saw how well he handled the pressure."

MontrealCruiser_83* is offline  
Old
03-20-2004, 10:26 PM
  #4
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Paired with Souray he has looked and played better than Quintal has with Souray. He is a playoff player IMO.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
03-20-2004, 10:29 PM
  #5
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,662
vCash: 50
A week ago, I would have said no. This week, I still say no but I'm very hesitant. It's been awesome watching Komi these past 2 days, and he really is improving by strides, but playoffs need a lot of veteran leadership. If the Habs find themselves in a hole, I think Julien may put him in to shake things up, otherwise no.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
03-20-2004, 10:32 PM
  #6
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Paired with Souray he has looked and played better than Quintal has with Souray. He is a playoff player IMO.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
barring an injury to quintal,do you honesty think they will ,put quintal in the press box?
can't see it..leadership like quintal's doesnt sit in the press box. quintal is a stand up guy.komi has improved drastically i agree ,but like i said unless something happens ,to one of our d ,he probally starts out in the press box.unless of course he goes on a 6 game scoring streak or sumptin..lol..

Artyukhin* is offline  
Old
03-20-2004, 10:58 PM
  #7
Sonik
Registered User
 
Sonik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Proud Habs Land
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
you dont take out a 16 year vetern who done battle for you all year and replace him with a rookie
I have to agree with that.

Sonik is offline  
Old
03-20-2004, 11:43 PM
  #8
Raider917
Registered User
 
Raider917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,679
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonik
I have to agree with that.
whay cant he play sparingly in the playoffs? quintal wears down quick.

Raider917 is offline  
Old
03-21-2004, 12:03 AM
  #9
KingJarl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino
A week ago, I would have said no. This week, I still say no but I'm very hesitant. It's been awesome watching Komi these past 2 days, and he really is improving by strides, but playoffs need a lot of veteran leadership. If the Habs find themselves in a hole, I think Julien may put him in to shake things up, otherwise no.
I have to agree. Komi will get his chance in the playoffs, and I believe he'll do well. But Julien will start with the vets, if they're healthy.

KingJarl is offline  
Old
03-21-2004, 01:11 AM
  #10
JordanStaal#1Fan
Registered User
 
JordanStaal#1Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Asbestos, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,045
vCash: 1012
IMO, Komisarek is in the same situation that Jason Spezza was in last year in Ottawa. He plays good, but there's too much depth for him to play in the playoffs. Like someone said I think that CJ will put him in the lineup if the team lose two games in a row (just like Martin did with Spezza last year.).

But, we can say that it's quite obvious that Komi will see playoff action.

I like his play with Souray. He plays with confidence and tonight he saved a goal or two. Rivet is probably the next vet to get "vacation" so Komi will have another game or two to prove that he diserves a playoff spot.

JordanStaal#1Fan is online now  
Old
03-21-2004, 01:54 AM
  #11
hockey_nut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,796
vCash: 500
Souray - Quintal
Brisebois - Rivet
Komisarek - Markov

that's what i'd want to see

hockey_nut is offline  
Old
03-21-2004, 01:54 AM
  #12
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: LA via Montreal
Posts: 11,943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyHeatley#1Fan
IMO, Komisarek is in the same situation that Jason Spezza was in last year in Ottawa. He plays good, but there's too much depth for him to play in the playoffs. Like someone said I think that CJ will put him in the lineup if the team lose two games in a row (just like Martin did with Spezza last year.).

But, we can say that it's quite obvious that Komi will see playoff action.

I like his play with Souray. He plays with confidence and tonight he saved a goal or two. Rivet is probably the next vet to get "vacation" so Komi will have another game or two to prove that he diserves a playoff spot.
It's not like Quintal doesn't make mistakes. We're not talking about Bobby Orr here.

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
03-21-2004, 02:22 AM
  #13
s7ark
Moderator
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!
 
s7ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,929
vCash: 500
As much as I'd like to see Komi instead of Quintal (for all the obvious reasons), I don't see CJ taking out someone who has battled all these years, and gone through the years missing the playoffs. At some point, though, every player has to look at themselves and think of what's best for the team. Q can play against some teams, but if we play Ottawa (for example) he'd be lost. I don't think CJ will hesitate to change it, though, at the first sign of trouble. Tough call huh? Hope for trouble so that Komi gets put in? Deal with the stress of Q playing against better talent? Or that freakin' Dykhuis... he better not play or I'm writing nasty letters.

s7ark is offline  
Old
03-21-2004, 08:23 AM
  #14
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
If komo's gona replace anybody it will be bulion. The vets are gona be in no matter what. Personally i wouldnt mind komo replacing bolioun, if he continues to play well for the rest of the regular season!

Mooch is offline  
Old
03-21-2004, 08:26 AM
  #15
LPHabsFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
I think it will vary from game to game the same way Langdon's icetime will vary from game to game. I compare the situation to Ken Daneyko's last year with jersey. Like i said, it will vary from game to game.

LPHabsFan is offline  
Old
03-21-2004, 09:24 AM
  #16
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,455
vCash: 567
I think Komi eventually plays in the playoffs.

why? the POs will be an incredible battle this year. EVERY team in the East thinks they have a legit chance. No team will go down without a fight. There WILL be injuries eventually.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
03-21-2004, 09:37 AM
  #17
tnq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
i like that kid. He clean in front of the net very well.

tnq is offline  
Old
03-21-2004, 10:21 AM
  #18
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
I don't think there's any doubt CJ's going to start Quintal ahead of Komi. But I'd be totally comfortable with Komi in there if someone goes down.

Habber is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.