HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Wheel Hardness Question

Old
05-06-2009, 12:17 PM
WickedWrister

vCash: 500
Wheel Hardness Question

For a lighter guy (145 Lbs), is 76a soft enough for an indoor surface (sport court-ish)? I understand that this is under the category of "indoor wheel" put considering I don't weigh that much, I wondered if it would still be the right wheel durometer.

WickedWrister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2009, 01:13 AM
FelixPotvin

vCash: 500
76a should be fine. Realistically, harder wheels can have their advantages too. Every durometer has its advantages and "the softer the better" isn't necessarily a universal rule.

Im 155 and use 76a and I have no problem getting grip. I'd actually prefer them to be a little less grippy, but I don't want to shell out the $ for a new set of 78s just to gain a little extra slip when I go for stops.

FelixPotvin is offline   Reply With Quote