Notices

New Top 20 article posted

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2004, 07:12 PM
Holly Gunning

vCash: 500
New Top 20 article posted

There weren't many changes to the Top 20 this time, as everyone seems to be making similar progress.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6781

Questions and comments are welcome, since of course not everything can be included in such an article.

Old
03-20-2004, 08:21 PM
nevermullet

How many games have you seen these guys play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
There weren't many changes to the Top 20 this time, as everyone seems to be making similar progress.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6781

Questions and comments are welcome, since of course not everything can be included in such an article.
Just wondering how this list is made? From what the scouts and Coach Anderson say this list might be a little off! Not that im trying to complain its great to see the fans version of the atlanta thrashers future....On this list in order of players closest to making the jump are.......1)Lehtonen 2)MacKenzie 3) Stewart 4)Blatny

Old
03-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Holly Gunning

No, it's not whoever is closest to making the jump. Like all prospect rankings, it is a combination of maximum potential and how close the player is to realizing that potential.

Lots of factors go into the ranking. Recent on-ice performance, performance in prospect and training camps, season stats, drive, honors received. Comments made to me by scouts, coaches, and management, on and off the record, are certainly part of it.

Last edited by Holly Gunning: 03-20-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old
03-20-2004, 08:55 PM
nevermullet

Thanks.....

I have heard Dan Marr talk alot about Mackenzie thats why I thought he might get a little higher ranking......

Old
03-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Holly Gunning

I like MacKenzie, always have. But I don't think his top end potential is as high has these other guys. He's just not going to be a big difference-maker. A good third liner, but those kind of guys are all too easy to come by. He also has a bit of a size disadvantage.

Old
03-21-2004, 04:03 AM
Tristelune

Then souldn't be Slater come before Coburn? I am wondering it must be hard to classified those two! Slater have a great season in MSU which already improve from his fine rookie season. And with all the honor he get and consistency, I think he should have his shoot at the 2nd rank but that is just me! Didn't heard much about Coburn however except for that.......

Old
03-22-2004, 05:01 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Sharrow seems a bit high for someone who can't keep a job on the blueline in the defensively challenged Q.

I have always liked Oystrick.

Great job as usual, and this year I do not have to worry about Gamache. That is now Nashville's problem.

Old
03-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Blatny Spears

Sharrow's a terrific skater and has decent puck skills. That raw potential alone should rank him higher than many of our other prospects that might be more productive at the junior level but don't have his upside.

Old
03-26-2004, 11:50 AM
Harry

Yes Sharrow has the raw potential. He will be a bit of a project and will need some good coaching but I believe he has a shot down the road.

Old
03-29-2004, 08:47 AM
OFSY34

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn
Sharrow seems a bit high for someone who can't keep a job on the blueline in the defensively challenged Q.

I have always liked Oystrick.

Great job as usual, and this year I do not have to worry about Gamache. That is now Nashville's problem.

I agree, OYSTRICKS a beauty.

Closed Thread