HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Torts "made" LeCavalier, then why not bring back Brendl Argument

Old
04-29-2009, 01:17 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219 View Post
I dont think anyone thought zherdev was a going to be anything close to malkin. He is an almost an identical version (though slightly less talented) of kovalev. In my opinion his max potential is around an 80 point player. However in his defense, he scored only three less goals than last year. The player we were all pumped to get last summer scored THREE less points. So we really did get what we traded for.

I also have never heard any argument that Torts made Vinny. He was the first overall pick. He absolutely dominated the QMJHL. You can't teach size and strength.
Great post, totally agree on all points.

I think there is something to be said about coaching staff and their ability to recognize player talents and develop players of course that has as much to do with the player as well. Mike Green didn't become his current self until the coaching staff changed and changed their philosophy towards him (letting him loose offensively rather than teaching him defensive responsibility first). That's not to say he isn't a talented guy regardless of the coaching staff and that he wouldn't have been a success regardless of coaching staff. I think in the end, great coaches make players their best but they don't turn stars out of guys who don't have the potential and it doesn't take a great coach to make a player a star. A guy like AO would be a star no matter who his coach is.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote