HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Over The Shoulder...

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2009, 08:42 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Over The Shoulder...

A Novel About A Swedish Goaltender Named Henrik

Look, I like Lundqvist as much as the next guy. But this is my biggest problem with the guy. The team is playing well, and he gives up 4 goals. 3 of which over that glove hand shoulder...as usual.

I hope Benoit Allaire reads this thread and teaches this guy how to stop that shot.

And I hope Hank reads this thread and learns how to step up in games that the team is playing well in. This is hardly the first time.

Old
02-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Levitate

No one stops those Mike Green goals. No one in the league.

The guy is ridiculous

Old
02-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
No one stops those Mike Green goals. No one in the league.

The guy is ridiculous
If he didn't go down faster than a 2 cent....that's what she said....he would have stopped them.

The guy is extremely inconsistent. I don't think anyone can deny that.

Old
02-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Levitate

No, you're just wrong. There's a reason Mike Green is tearing the league apart right now. He has one of the best wrist shots in the league and he can pick corners right now like no one in the entire league can.

He has a 7 game goal scoring streak exactly because no goalie in the league right now can make those saves against him.

Old
02-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:
No, you're just wrong. There's a reason Mike Green is tearing the league apart right now. He has one of the best wrist shots in the league and he can pick corners right now like no one in the entire league can.

He has a 7 game goal scoring streak exactly because no goalie in the league right now can make those saves against him.
regardless of Mike Green Henrik has been giving up the same type of goal lately and it's getting really dumb. I don't understand why he hasn't been able to fix that part of his game. Balej has a point, 3 of the same goal is sad.

Old
02-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Balej20*

Quote:

He's an incredible talent. Weren't they both slappers though? And they just said in the intermission that Lundqvist would want one of those back. So I guess I'm not too far off.

Old
02-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Pretty obvious the OP never played a second of hockey in his life.

He released a 90+ mph shot that hit top shelf from the outside of the lower circle within 5~ seconds of getting the puck.

Give credit where credit is due, it was an amazing shot.

Another troll that feeds off posting anything negative.

Old
02-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
He's an incredible talent. Weren't they both slappers though? And they just said in the intermission that Lundqvist would want one of those back. So I guess I'm not too far off.
One was a wrist shot, one a slapshot. Both perfectly into the top corner

I don't know about wanting one of them back, they were both snipes

edit: let me put it this way. I agree that sometimes Lundqvist doesn't set himself well for high shots, but he's not really to blame in this game. They were great shots

Old
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Pretty obvious the OP never played a second of hockey in his life.

He released a 90+ mph shot that hit top shelf from the outside of the lower circle within 5~ seconds of getting the puck.

Give credit where credit is due, it was an amazing shot.

Another troll that feeds off posting anything negative.
Yes, I'm a troll. And yes, I never touched a hockey stick in my life. You know me so well.

Now back to maturity...I'm not the only one who said Henrik would want one of those goals back, they are saying it in the intermission right now.

And this is hardly the first time he has given up very weak goals over the shoulder glove side. He NEEDS to fix that part of his game if he wants to be elite. If he just wants to be good, fine. But I think we all expect him to be elite, right?

Old
02-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
One was a wrist shot, one a slapshot. Both perfectly into the top corner

I don't know about wanting one of them back, they were both snipes

edit: let me put it this way. I agree that sometimes Lundqvist doesn't set himself well for high shots, but he's not really to blame in this game. They were great shots
Absolutely perfectly placed, but my point is, 3 in one game, and we've seen it from him throughout his career. Would you agree it's something he needs to work on?

Old
02-11-2009, 08:58 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Instead of adding nothing of substance to these boards, why don't you debate me on it? That's the reason I make controversial threads like this. I want to discuss it with people.
It's called a Rocket. It's called tremendous velocity on a shot that is placed in a perfect spot. Some players have that special skill-set, most don't. This is Mike Green(check his stats) we're talking about. No goalie would have made a clear save with the placement of that shot. The precision was just ridiculous.

Old
02-11-2009, 08:59 PM
92hatchattack

I think balej20 has a valid point. Would i call Lundy inconsistant?? Not really. But yes .. he gets beat up top alot .... and maybe its not about him going down to fast all the time .. but as he is going down so does the glove hand and shoulder...... gotta try and keep it up a little maybe?

Old
02-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by _AC_ View Post
It's called a Rocket. It's called tremendous velocity on a shot that is placed in a perfect spot. Some players have that special skill-set, most don't. This is Mike Green(check his stats) we're talking about. No goalie would have made a clear save with the placement of that shot. The precision was just ridiculous.
He could have stayed up longer, right?

Old
02-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
I think balej20 has a valid point. Would i call Lundy inconsistant?? Not really. But yes .. he gets beat up top alot .... and maybe its not about him going down to fast all the time .. but as he is going down so does the glove hand and shoulder...... gotta try and keep it up a little maybe?
An adjustment absolutely needs to be made. The league is shooting for that weakness of him. They adjusted. Now it's his turn.

Old
02-11-2009, 09:05 PM
D713B

Lundy just checked his blackberry and saw this thread because he stopped Federov on the glove side just for you Balej

Old
02-11-2009, 09:07 PM
agentzzz

Quote:
If he stays up longer then shooters pick that up and will then shoot low beating him lower next time. Its harder to place a perfect shot over the shoulder of a goalie then it is to hit the bottom of the net cause the goalie is giving it to him. I prefer to force the shooter to make a perfect shot as opposed to hoping to "out think him" by staying up. You don't have time to wait for those shots before you react. t5hose were perfect shots. people just like to ***** cause they don't know any better.

Old
02-11-2009, 09:10 PM
D713B

Quote:
Btw, thats what she said.

Old
02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
A Novel About A Swedish Goaltender Named Henrik

Look, I like Lundqvist as much as the next guy. But this is my biggest problem with the guy. The team is playing well, and he gives up 4 goals. 3 of which over that glove hand shoulder...as usual.

I hope Benoit Allaire reads this thread and teaches this guy how to stop that shot.

And I hope Hank reads this thread and learns how to step up in games that the team is playing well in. This is hardly the first time.
I see what your saying and respect it, but tell me, who in the league stops that shot consistently?

I mean these weren't weak goals, surely he'd like to have the first one back, but great shot placement.

Old
02-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
I see what your saying and respect it, but tell me, who in the league stops that shot consistently?

I mean these weren't weak goals, surely he'd like to have the first one back, but great shot placement.
It's a major weakness of his and teams are gunning for it. That's not good.

Old
02-11-2009, 09:52 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
no goalie is perfect, his style also makes it very difficult to score on him low....the hardest place to score is high. If my goalie's gotta have a weakness I want it to be high.

Old
02-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Balej20*

Winning masks all weaknesses...

Old
02-11-2009, 09:57 PM
bumrusherer

Are we really critiquing the one guy who actually performs at an elite level the majority of the time?

Come on now, if not for Henrik..we'd be battling for Taveras.

Does he have weaknesses? Ofcourse he does because he is human. But lets not act like he is on the verge of becoming a back up goalie because the league has found a way to make him a free for all.

Old
02-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Mike Green is a monster.

Old
02-11-2009, 10:12 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Top shelf glove side is probably the best weakness to have. My real beef is that I know he plays better deep in the net, but if he just challenges a few extra inches on those shots that he knows are coming from 40-50 feet away they won't make it in top glove the majority of the time.

Problem is if there's a rebound he knows no one's going to clear it out of the crease (as witnessed twice tonight on the first 2 goals) that's why I think he plays a bit deeper than even he would like.

Old
02-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Mike Green is a monster.
I said it in the game thread and I will mention it here too.

People try to compare every offensive defensement to the greats. He actually measures up skill wise.

He is the closest thing to leetch I have seen.

Back on topic. Those two shot were unreal. They tested Henrik high repeatedly in the third and he make some nice saves.

Closed Thread