HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' best hitter

View Poll Results: Who is the best hitter on the Habs right now?
Souray 19 12.26%
Komisarek 41 26.45%
Quintal 1 0.65%
Begin 73 47.10%
Rivet 0 0%
Bouillon 21 13.55%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Guy Caballero

vCash: 500
Habs' best hitter

Who is the best hitter on the Habs right now?

Old
03-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Laurentides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Who is the best hitter on the Habs right now?
It has to be Steve Bégin, who else can do a better forecheck.
At second , i would have said probably Bouillon.

Old
03-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Darz

I want to say Komisarek because he has the ability to give out the most devestating hits on the team. He is the scarest hitter on the team, imo.

I also want to say Begin, becuse he consistantly hits everything that moves. Is probablely the most accurate hitter as well.

Old
03-22-2004, 09:25 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I want to say Komisarek because he has the ability to give out the most devestating hits on the team. He is the scarest hitter on the team, imo.

I also want to say Begin, becuse he consistantly hits everything that moves. Is probablely the most accurate hitter as well.
I completely agree with your comments. It's a very hard choice to make ! In the end, I went with Komo considering his hits have a higher entertainment value.
I must add that Souray and Bouillon are also deserving ...

Old
03-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Guy Caballero

I said Begin, but Souray would have been second. I think right now he hits more consistently and with more authority than Komisarek, though that will change soon enough.

Old
03-22-2004, 10:18 AM
jacklours

I didn't know we had such a thing as a Hitter in the team, I've never seen any wearing the Habs uniform in several years.

But seriously, I put Bouillon because even though he doesn't throw the big huge impressive body checks, but his technique is pretty much flawless. He takes the guys nice and clean doens't take himself out of the play. If I needed someone to teech kids how to hit, it would be Bouillon, because he masters the technique.

Old
03-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Habber

Begin, definately.

Komi may be one day, but this season it's no comparsion. Komi's had some good ones, but you could probably count them on two hands. Begin has been a hitting machine all season long.

Old
03-22-2004, 10:28 AM
hotshot

what about ryder...he throws out hits every game.. he should be in the poll

Old
03-22-2004, 10:31 AM
GilleZ

Komisarek and Begin are the 2 guys who hit the hardest on the team, but there is no doubt in my mind that Bouillon is the best hitter of the team. When Bouillon hit some one, he stay with the guy and get him out of play completely. Plus when he decide to check some one, he always hit, there is no missing hit possible.

Go Bouillion Go!!

Old
03-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Kirk Muller

Where's Koivu? No seriously, if Quintal and Rivet are options, Koivu's my write in vote, simply for consideration though. I've seen Koivu give much bigger hits and more often than either one of these guys this year.

Old
03-22-2004, 11:03 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot
what about ryder...he throws out hits every game.. he should be in the poll
Ryder is fiesty, but I don't think he drops big bombs like the other guys, so I didn't want him taking votes away from the Habs' biggest hitters. Quintal and Rivet I put in out of curiosity, to see if anyone would pick them at all.

Old
03-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Where's Koivu? No seriously, if Quintal and Rivet are options, Koivu's my write in vote, simply for consideration though. I've seen Koivu give much bigger hits and more often than either one of these guys this year.
See above

Old
03-22-2004, 11:04 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
As most people in here did, I voted for Bégin... With Souray a close second.

Old
03-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Highlander

Begin - the "little engine that could". I love this guy. What a work ethic!

Old
03-22-2004, 12:31 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Begin, pound for pound, lays the most and best hits.

Bouillon is so solid (Frank the Tank) and lays some good ones as well, and is likely #2 in volume.

Komo is the home run hitter, nowhere near as many but his "go yard"!!

Souray tends to hit too much with his stick up (aka crosschecks), but is a good physical crease clearer, and has nailed some big, nasty hits this season.

Old
03-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I'd say Komisarek has the most bone crushing potential while Begin has the best timming. If Komisarek can improve his timming (which he'll probably do with experience), I wouldn't want to be the one hit by that train.

I'm sure he'll start to strike fear in the opponents' minds as he gets better at the leveling stuff because with his frame, if you forget he's there waiting for you, you might end up seriously concussed.

Old
03-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Aarex

DO you mean the hardest hitter or the most frequent hitter?

Komi folds people in half, but begin hits everything that moves.

Old
03-22-2004, 01:59 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander
Begin - the "little engine that could". I love this guy. What a work ethic!
Ya, Begin is my pick as well

Old
03-22-2004, 02:09 PM
chicpea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
But seriously, I put Bouillon because even though he doesn't throw the big huge impressive body checks, but his technique is pretty much flawless. He takes the guys nice and clean doens't take himself out of the play. If I needed someone to teech kids how to hit, it would be Bouillon, because he masters the technique.
You beat me to it Jacklours. I also went with the less-obvious Bubbles pick. He maximises his chances with the minimal size that he has. Not the most devastating hitter by any means, but the best technical for sure, maybe.

Old
03-22-2004, 03:18 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleZ
Komisarek and Begin are the 2 guys who hit the hardest on the team, but there is no doubt in my mind that Bouillon is the best hitter of the team. When Bouillon hit some one, he stay with the guy and get him out of play completely. Plus when he decide to check some one, he always hit, there is no missing hit possible.

Go Bouillion Go!!
I agree. Bouillon's hits also come in the defensive zone and are a lot more important. I think Souray will be our best hitter once he gets his legs back tho. Remember Souray in the 2002 playoffs? He dished out some big punishment.

Old
03-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Begin off course .

Bouillon can clear the front of the net to save his life even if he's doing great cheks around the boards . Hats off to Koivu , Ward , Souray and Komisarek also . Komisarek can bangs a guy real hard and he did it with more consistency lately

Old
03-22-2004, 04:05 PM
sandman08

im torn between komi and begin

Old
03-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Guy!

Technique-wise the best hitter on the Habs is, by a large margin, Bouillon. He's got the timing that allows his small-guy stature to turn out big-time hits. There isn't one other player that I've seen on this club who has even half the timing that Bouillon has - not even close. Pound for pound he's also the heaviest hitter on the team, and not a guy I'd like to go against while attacking.

Begin hits through the forecheck, and if you watch closely, frequently either gets only a leg or an arm or misses altogether. When he knocks someone on their ass it's because he's moving at about 356 kph. His hitting has nothing to do with technique and everything to do with simple physics. Begin also has a habit of leaving his feet to increase the impact of his hits - wonderful if you get away with it, but completely illegal.

Komisarek hits with extreme power but he takes himself out of the play frequently. I have a feeling that, as his timing comes along more and more, he could come much closer to the brilliant timing that Bouillon has, and if he ever does get to the same level as Cube, look out. Right now, though, his timing in hitting moving targets is poor.

Souray doesn't hit moving targets, at least not ones that are moving more than a couple of clicks per hour. His hits are more used for crushing people along the boards - his timing isn't anywhere close to that of Bouillon. If any of these guys other than Cube tries to hit a quickly moving target, they'll get a piece of the body and the opponent will fly free on the other side - with the puck.

Quintal has zero timing and when going for a moving target virtually never hits, thus the clutch and grab comes into play. Rivet hasn't learnt proper leg drive so his hits are less effective even if he were to have great timing - which he does not. Ryder is an effective forchecker, but as with Begin, he doesn't really hit people on the fly, it's more finishing his check in the offensive zone - then again, he hits his man more frequently than Begin - just not with the same impact.

The other player with great timing is Koivu, but he's clearly been told not to go for those major league hits nearly as much as that style of play has seen him miss way too many games in his career. When he does feel like crunching someone though, most of the time the opponent finds himself on his butt looking for the licence plate number of the truck that hit him.

Perreault is an extremely effective hitter as well - at least back on NHL 93 on the Sega Genesis. I used to put everyone on their ass when I played him. Too bad that doesn't translate to the NHL.

ACF

Old
03-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Great analysis !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Perreault is an extremely effective hitter as well - at least back on NHL 93 on the Sega Genesis. I used to put everyone on their ass when I played him. Too bad that doesn't translate to the NHL.
When I read the first couple of words I knew mischief was afoot !

Old
03-23-2004, 01:48 AM
Dr.Strangelove91

Bouillon, he's a magnet for opposing bodies. He can cut the corners so quickly it's amazing. If he just could be a couple inches taller and a couple of pounds heavier, he would kill some guys on the ice...Begin is amazing also, always seems to hit perfectly, he's like a kamikaze out there.

Closed Thread