HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boycott the rest of the playoffs

Old
04-28-2009, 09:52 PM
zarao

vCash: 500
Boycott the rest of the playoffs

This is a call to fellow Ranger fans. As a New Yorker and avid hockey fan I will not watch another game this season. This Avery nonsense has gone too far. If the league feels it can serve a steamy plate of kaka to the largest US market i'm not biting. A message needs to be sent. Enough is enough.
Reject Buttman and his minions. Let them think twice before taking our viewership for granted.

zarao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:55 PM
McMonster

I love this sport more than anything... I will be watching

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:57 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

vCash: 587
This thread gives Rangers fans a bad name...

My love of hockey >>> My love of the Rangers >>> My aggravation over the lack of calls against infractions against Avery >>> Not watching hockey

Mods, please close this before anymore drivel is uttered to make us look bad.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:00 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

And watch what, the NBA? I'm going for the Whalers (Canes) as always!

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Not watch the rest of the playoffs? NEVER.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Kamina
Amok

vCash: 50
Great idea. The NHL will care that a few people (1?) on an internet message board would stop watching the playoffs.

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:03 PM
throwback54milkman

for the good of the sport, just watch. And let's face it, the refs were not the reason we lost the series.

throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:07 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
im sorry i cant boycott the playoffs. reason why is because our team was getting eliminated regardless if they advanced im sorry but they had NO SHOT against boston. even if they went up 3-0 on boston they'd somehow let that slip and become part of one of the worst records in nhl history.

i love this sport, im a hockey fan and i cannot cannot cannot be without my playoff hockey. i predicted the east almost down to the game i picked boston in 5 over montreal lololol but what im trying to say is that as a hockey fan im boycotting this thread

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:28 PM
nyrfan519

While the league does piss me off sometimes, I love hockey too much to stop watching. It's the greatest sport in the world, and I will never stop watching it.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:39 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I definitely won't be going out of the way to watch games like the Rangers. Always had to be home before the game started and couldn't do anything else.

At this point, if I have nothing better to do, I'll watch the games, otherwise, I don't really care too much. I definitely will not be watching any games that contain Sidney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin though. I will tell you that. I'll watch any other game.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:39 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

sorry but lol at this thread

04-28-2009, 10:42 PM
mti79

Go Western Conference!!!! It's blasphemy for me to not watch the playoffs....

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Pugs35

No thanks. For all our complaining about a lack of penalties it's really unlikely we would have scored anyway with our terrible powerplay. The officiating was not why we lost this game or this series so just drop it.

And the Stanley Cup playoffs with or without the Rangers are my favorite time of the sports year, I'll be watching all that I can.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 11:08 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugs35 View Post
No thanks. For all our complaining about a lack of penalties it's really unlikely we would have scored anyway with our terrible powerplay. The officiating was not why we lost this game or this series so just drop it.

And the Stanley Cup playoffs with or without the Rangers are my favorite time of the sports year, I'll be watching all that I can.
Kind of hard to agree with that. Sure seemed like the deck was stacked against us. That said, sometimes you have to beat the opponent and the refs. For a team as offensively challenged as ours that was too big a hill to climb.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 11:12 PM
trilobyte

Can anybody let me know the time when the seven Capitals hit the ice, with no call? I don't have the game recorded but wouldn't mind seeing this again. Lots of people reported it.

Thanks to anyone who can just even tell me when that was.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 11:22 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

While I was happy at the few penalties that were called tonight (they let the boys play), the Caps still had an extra PP (of course). Tonight was the best officiating of the series, however, there were still three pretty blatant calls that weren't made that annoyed me. The Avery one in the first, which the Caps subsequently scored about half a minute later. The very obvious too many men, and I think there was another I just can't think of at this moment.

Officiating played a huge role in this series unfortunately, and it makes me sick. If the officiating was fair throughout, then I don't think the Rangers would have lost this series.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 11:33 PM
jrd303

Officiating plays a huge role in every series. There's only two ways to fix it: Have a better penalty kill or have a better power play. People have been upset about calls forever but those are the best two things a team can do to handle it. I don't blame the refs, I blame our awful power play. A championship caliber team makes their opportunities instead of worrying about opportunities denied. Calls not going the Ranger's way is no excuse for this series.

jrd303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 11:36 PM
NCRanger

The original poster makes a good point. I will not participate in the Pittsburgh/Washington series. I like the sport too much not to watch the other three series.

The problem I had with this series isn't so much the officiating on ice, as much as the league, the media, and the Washington Capitals turning this into a "good guys" vs. "bad guys" WWE-style soap opera. Having to watch all the games except for Game 1 on NBC or Versus showed just how much the league/media wanted Washington to win this series, and they were willing to sideshow it up to make the Rangers look like the bad guys no matter what.

The Canes-Devils series was seven games of pure playoff hockey, and nobody outside of NC and New Jersey saw a lick of that series unless they had Center Ice. The Rangers-Capitals had so much other bullcrap associated with it, yet that was the series on national television.

I have no doubt the beer tosser was planted by the Capitals organization. There's just too much weirdness associated with the incident to believe it was totally random.

I have no doubt Donald Brashear was told to take a key Ranger out.

I have no doubt the NHL told the officials to be slightly biased toward Washington, and told the media to play up a "good" vs. "bad" story line.

That's my problem with this series, and my problem with the NHL.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 11:37 PM
pavvento

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Kind of hard to agree with that. Sure seemed like the deck was stacked against us. That said, sometimes you have to beat the opponent and the refs. For a team as offensively challenged as ours that was too big a hill to climb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Can anybody let me know the time when the seven Capitals hit the ice, with no call? I don't have the game recorded but wouldn't mind seeing this again. Lots of people reported it.

Thanks to anyone who can just even tell me when that was.
I know we are clearly frustrated because our team lost, but seriously?

Yes the Caps got away with a ton of stuff on Avery, but is there a single person here who can't say the better team won?

The deck was stacked against us in the form of: Ovechkin+Green+Semin+Backstrom+our offense+our powerplay

The refs could have handed us every game on a platter and we'd still lose a best of 7. At least the team played hard in a big road game.

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 11:39 PM
pavvento

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
The original poster makes a good point. I will not participate in the Pittsburgh/Washington series. I like the sport too much not to watch the other three series.

The problem I had with this series isn't so much the officiating on ice, as much as the league, the media, and the Washington Capitals turning this into a "good guys" vs. "bad guys" WWE-style soap opera. Having to watch all the games except for Game 1 on NBC or Versus showed just how much the league/media wanted Washington to win this series, and they were willing to sideshow it up to make the Rangers look like the bad guys no matter what.

The Canes-Devils series was seven games of pure playoff hockey, and nobody outside of NC and New Jersey saw a lick of that series unless they had Center Ice. The Rangers-Capitals had so much other bullcrap associated with it, yet that was the series on national television.

I have no doubt the beer tosser was planted by the Capitals organization. There's just too much weirdness associated with the incident to believe it was totally random.

I have no doubt Donald Brashear was told to take a key Ranger out.

I have no doubt the NHL told the officials to be slightly biased toward Washington, and told the media to play up a "good" vs. "bad" story line.

That's my problem with this series, and my problem with the NHL.
I love Betts, but what is that saying about our team when our 4th line center is the 'one targeted.'

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 11:40 PM
TheHotRock

i always need to take about a week off from hockey once we're out of it, but i'm definitely gonna be back by the conference finals at the latest. pitt-wash is gonna be an awesome series....detroit/anaheim is another orgasm waiting to happen

c'mon now

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 11:41 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Right now I have absolutely no interest in hockey. And there's no way that I'm going out of the way or dropping previous plans to watch a game like I did with the Rangers.

But it's still the playoffs and I'll be watching. I'm pulling for the Hawks, Canes and (for just this round) Pittsburgh.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 11:57 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Thanks..but i'll pass. It sucks we arent in the 2nd round but there is still over a month of great hockey left to be played...and i'll be there watching every second of it...

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 12:32 AM
LyNX27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
I know we are clearly frustrated because our team lost, but seriously?

Yes the Caps got away with a ton of stuff on Avery, but is there a single person here who can't say the better team won?

The deck was stacked against us in the form of: Ovechkin+Green+Semin+Backstrom+our offense+our powerplay

The refs could have handed us every game on a platter and we'd still lose a best of 7. At least the team played hard in a big road game.
If you didn't notice we really didn't have a chance to send them out their despite the mauling of some players.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 12:34 AM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

What a ridiculous notion. I love when people make it easy for me to add them to the ignore list. I'm a hockey fan first; a Ranger fan second. There's nothing you could do to make me want to not watch the playoffs.

I love how the original post implies that the Rangers lost because of officiating or some such nonsense like that. The Rangers lost in the playoffs for the same reasons they lost in the regular season. They couldn't score. They had no power play. They were inconsistent. They were undisciplined. It's that simple.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote