that is all

DarrenBanks56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Bruinsyear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
I can't stand basketball,don't know how some of you can sit and watch!!!
Thats how I used to think. I still don't really like it and will just flip by the C's most of the time. The 4 major sports, basketball is my lowest ranked in a long shot.

That being said I will always tune into playoffs. B's take precedent over them obviously.

This C's vs Bulls series has been an incredible incredible series. I dont know what to say but I have been so into the games I shocked myself. Aside from the blowout game by the C's there have been 4 great games. Its almost like every basket matters because the teams never put more then 4 pts between themselves. THe Bulls keep having new guys step up each night. Holley on WEEI said he has been an avid Basketball fan since he was a kind in the early 70's and he said this is the BEST first round match up he has ever seen.

In 5 games there have been close to 80 lead changes and 50 ties. 3 OTs, on of which was double OT with huge shots being hit to force them into the OT's.

If your a fan of competition/sports theres no way you can't get sucked into a game like that. If basketball was always like these games I'd watch it a lot more often.

Bruinsyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 06:00 PM
babybruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBPC View Post
Man, you guys are missing out. Don't get me wrong, hockey is by far my favorite sport and if there is a Bruins playoff game and a Celtic playoff game on at the same time, I'm watching the Bruins game without question, but this Celtics-Bulls series has been amazing.

Game 3 was a blowout but the other four games have been incredibly entertaining, with all of them decided by 3 points or less.

Game 1 saw the Bulls storm into the TDBNG and beat the defending champs in OT behind Rose's 36 points in his first ever playoff game.

Game 2, Allen and Gordon went back and forth as Gordon had 42 points and Allen had 28 in the second half alone, including the game winner with 2 seconds left in OT.

Game 4 was riveting, Ray Allen for 3 at the buzzer to send it to OT, then Gordon at the buzzer to send it to a second OT where the Bulls prevailed to even the series.

Game 5 saw Paul Pierce play three mediocre quarters before catching fire and willing the Celtics to victory in OT after they overcame a double digit deficit in the 4th without Ray Allen.

The Celtics can close it out tonight with a win on the road. Rajon Rondo has been a force leading the team in rebounding (yes, rebounding) in 4 of the first 5 games while averaging a triple double. Big Baby has stepped it up too in the absence of KG and Powe. Game 6 tonight should be awesome, and I'm really glad that the Bruins ended up being scheduled on Fri/Sun so there would be no conflict.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only B's and C's fan here, and I don't get the hate for basketball. It's no hockey that is for sure but this Celtics-Bulls series has been one of the best playoff series I have ever seen.
great post! make me more psyched about tonight's game. RONDO IS THE NEW BIG!

babybruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:22 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return to Glory View Post
Basketball caters to the inner-city trash in all regions. I've been watching some of the C's playoff games this year and the few years back...it's awful. Do they even call traveling anymore? Shaq is allowed like 4 steps anytime he has the ball. Officiating is bad in any sport because it's tough to see everything, but BB has to be the worst.

Strange thing is, even with today's strength conditioning, I don't think half of today's BB pro's would have made it in the NBA twenty years ago. Nobody cared that you wore shorts so short that made you look, well........nevermind. They were all about finesse and actual talent. Now it's been rendered, IMHO, a ghetto sport. Long shorts, ghetto attitude, and they actually complained (meaning the players union) when the NBA instituted a dress code for media conferences. Sad...

I'll bet you Pierce would have been riding the bench if he was playing with Bird, Parrish, McHale, etc...

We'll never have that back in the NBA............The new Boston/LA rivalry will always pale in comparison to the old one. This game is ruined.
Traveling went out when Jordan became a star. Even when Dr. J came in they still called traveling. I was actually a big hoop fan growing up during the Russell era through the Bird era. After they started changing the rules for showtime I bailed out.
i did watch a bit of the Celts last year and have to admit that Kevin Garnett has some hockey player mentality in him, but he is such a rarity in the NBA.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:29 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBPC View Post
Man, you guys are missing out. Don't get me wrong, hockey is by far my favorite sport and if there is a Bruins playoff game and a Celtic playoff game on at the same time, I'm watching the Bruins game without question, but this Celtics-Bulls series has been amazing.

Game 3 was a blowout but the other four games have been incredibly entertaining, with all of them decided by 3 points or less.

Game 1 saw the Bulls storm into the TDBNG and beat the defending champs in OT behind Rose's 36 points in his first ever playoff game.

Game 2, Allen and Gordon went back and forth as Gordon had 42 points and Allen had 28 in the second half alone, including the game winner with 2 seconds left in OT.

Game 4 was riveting, Ray Allen for 3 at the buzzer to send it to OT, then Gordon at the buzzer to send it to a second OT where the Bulls prevailed to even the series.

Game 5 saw Paul Pierce play three mediocre quarters before catching fire and willing the Celtics to victory in OT after they overcame a double digit deficit in the 4th without Ray Allen.

The Celtics can close it out tonight with a win on the road. Rajon Rondo has been a force leading the team in rebounding (yes, rebounding) in 4 of the first 5 games while averaging a triple double. Big Baby has stepped it up too in the absence of KG and Powe. Game 6 tonight should be awesome, and I'm really glad that the Bruins ended up being scheduled on Fri/Sun so there would be no conflict.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only B's and C's fan here, and I don't get the hate for basketball. It's no hockey that is for sure but this Celtics-Bulls series has been one of the best playoff series I have ever seen.
I watched G1 and agree that was a good game and saw the OT portion of the game in Chicago. However you have to really suffer thru an entire season of just dreadful play for all but 2-3 teams in the NBA. Outside of those say 3 teams, regular season NBA can be a cure for insomnia.

Also Miller for the Bulls is one of the most unathletic BB I've ever seen. Other than some decent FT shooting, I think Chara would be a better BB than him and I'm serious.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Old Time Sauce

man i love both the bruins and celtics, i guess i'm just a sucker for boston sports teams

if i had to rank them i'd put them on 3 different tiers

Bruins

Red Sox

Patriots
Celtics

and i love the pats and celtics so its not really a knock on them. I have to admit i got back into the c's last year (somewhat bandwagonish) but its not just because they were winning. I love the intensity these celtics bring, and the teamwork (a lost art form in the nba)... the nba has become the exact opposite with unmotivated "superstars". I think the fact that this group of celtics brought back the NBA i love is why i follow them so much

but don't get me wrong if the bruins and celtics are on at the same time, the bruins will win everytime

Old Time Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 08:38 PM
C77

Ok I'm switching back and forth between the C's and the Canucks-Hawks.

Celts are on a 23-3 run...

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:26 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

and another Double OT

Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:40 PM
C77

Triple OT unbelievable

Allen with 49 points...

Coincidentally both teams have called 49 timeouts

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

what a shot to tie that game and force it to 3ot

Old
04-30-2009, 09:49 PM
babybruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
what a shot to tie that game and force it to 3ot
Ray ray is crazy today! But I'm nervous to death..

babybruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:51 PM
Spoked-B

Shhhhh. This thread is about Bruins fans not being Celtics fans! (OK, so I haven't missed a minute of any of the games unless it coincided with Bruins play... and I mean all season, but I know I'm in the minority )

Spoked-B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

I ****ing hate noah

Old
04-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Spoked-B

Quote:
I ****ing hate noah
+1. Pierce was just gassed there---mental mistakes all around (losing the ball then fouling). Hopefully it isn't over. (And House hits one).

Old
04-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

wow a huge easy layup missed...could cost them the series

Old
04-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

****ing ********* how was that not a foul after the block?
edit maybe it wasnt that bad

Old
04-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Spoked-B

Game 7

Old
04-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

ugg game 7

Old
04-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Spoked-B

Quote:
****ing ********* how was that not a foul after the block?
edit maybe it wasnt that bad
I thought he hit him on the elbow on the way up, but the block itself was clean. I'm willing to accept that kind of play. They were just not aggressive enough all game long, coming in and setting up plays where they ran the clock down rather than push it thru them. It played into the fact that they had the crowd on their side. Plus the play to end the 1st OT (?) where they had almost the entired shot clock and Pierce did nothing and lost it at the end, that was just careless.

If it wasn't for Allen, they wouldn't be in this game, 'cause Pierce and Rondo were just not very sharp for most of the game.

Here's hoping for some home cooking for game 7.

Last edited by Spoked-B: 04-30-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old
05-01-2009, 06:32 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

1) Hockey
2)Hockey
3) Hockey
3) Hockey
5) nb . . . Hockey

the only good basketball is college. nba may be the wort sport to watch. maybe im biased cause i go to uconn,but id rather watch grass grow then sit through watching a Nba game. college bball is way better

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 07:42 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

I gotta admit last night was a pretty exciting game,very long and all those OT = even more timeouts but I gotta say it was a great game,Allen was huge for the Celtics.Anything can happen in game 7 ,should be another good game

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 08:09 AM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

NCAA basketball>NBA basketball

That said, Curling>Basketball.

ranold26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Bruinsyear

A series for the ages.

Easily best series I've ever seen by far and away for the NBA. The lead changes, the huge shots, blocks, big turnovers, buzzer beaters, ridiculous chicago fans who I hate().

It'd be if the B's played 6 games and had 5 go into OT or more. We'd all be having a stroke nightly.

Pierce totally blew the game last night with that turnover....DRIVE TO THE NET. Rondo's ridiculous jumper was stupid as well. Go to the hope and get fouled.

C's should of ended it in regulation when we had a 9 point lead with 3 mins left. All we had to do was play D and get a basket or two.

Bruinsyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 08:49 AM
the overrated
wicked overrated

I'm not a big basketball fan, but I have friends that are diehard Celtics supporters, so if I'm out with them or at their place, I'll watch a game with them. It's not nearly as exciting as hockey, obviously, but it doesn't make me miserable.

It was hard to NOT get into last night's game. Lead changes, momentum shifts, some physical play, some contempt being bred.

For me, hockey is first, and then football is next (pro then college).
After that it's a big leap down, to basketball (NBA only, and only the Celtics - I wouldn't watch a random San Antontio vs. Dallas game, for instance, and I actively avoid anything to do with March Madness) with baseball being the least interesting of the 4 major sports. I only pay enough attention to baseball to fake my way through conversations at the bar; MLB could fold today and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 09:27 AM
MaCam

I don't watch the Celtics that much, so bear with me, but I thought the Celtics blew that game last night. They should have won it in regulation. They had like an 8 point lead at the end and they couldn't finish them off.

An amazing game, but the Celtics should have finished them off in the 4th.

MaCam is offline   Reply With Quote