Referees for upcoming series

Old
05-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Sanman19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sanman19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADBRUINS View Post
Surprised that Kerry Fraiser isn't on that list. He has to one of the best refs in the leauge. Funniest thing that happened during a game this year was when Fraiser yelled oh S*** into the microphone during the game without knowing it was on.
he retired

Sanman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 08:22 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I thought atleast for the other night Devorski called a great game, he let the teams play and maintained control. I noticed he had quite a bit of interaction with the Bruins players. I started watching with one eye Devorski during the play when it was down my end and I saw a few things I never noticed. He and Ward did some yapping- seemed often, and it looked like he was telling Ward one time you can't bear hug Bayda and Ward said something and Devorski seemed to stifle a laugh. Another time, Devorski was in the corner off to Thomas left on a face off, and Ryder was infront of him and Ryder slowly turned around and seemed to half wink, but clearly smile at him like you'd do with someone you respect or like quite a bit. He also was very good with Thomas during delays, you could tell they been around the block a few times- and on the Canes side I noticed Brind'Amour saying something casual to him before a faceoff and Devorski had a knowing smile whatever it was as if to convey, 'yah, I hear yah'.

The Bruins have played 5 games and he did two and they have been the model of how to be tough but clean, disciplined and in control of everything from positioning to emotions.

I agree with those who don't want Jackson, and Rooney I had a problem with but I saw him call a great game against Boston this year when he let them play and had plently of comments/warnings to the players but maintained control.

To me with referring it is about the balance between letting them play on the edge but maintain control of the game- and yourself.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 09:27 AM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Six crews for four series.... pick your poison.

Please for the love of whatever, keep Devorski away from our series.
Forget that, I thank God every time Dan O'Halloran isn't here.

"Hey, did you guys show up to watch me officiate? Good news!"

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 09:46 AM
BruinsFanMike82

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Forget that, I thank God every time Dan O'Halloran isn't here.

"Hey, did you guys show up to watch me officiate? Good news!"
There will be no thanking God tonight, we are stuck with O'Halloran and Leggo.

BruinsFanMike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 10:04 AM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFanMike82 View Post
There will be no thanking God tonight, we are stuck with O'Halloran and Leggo.
Adam Morrison called, he asked if O'Halloran could return his cheesy mustache.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 10:07 AM
howaryuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBruinsGirl View Post
McCreary, Joannette (sounds familiar but I can't remember if he's good or not?), Jackson (I think), Leggo and Peel are decent. Glad to see Ian Walsh not on the list. He's not the greatest. Same for Van Massenhoven. No Rooney either.

Seems like a decent bunch of refs overall. Nice blend of vets and newer refs.

Only linesman I'm familiar with is Racicot. Met him and a couple others through Paul Stewart many moons ago.
Scott Driscoll coached my oldest daughter in baseball a couple years back. For some reason she was put into the boy's division as there were not enough girls. I was worried, it was her first year playing and seeing as they were 10 years old, the boys had been playing for a number of years. I went to the first practise to check things out, met Scott and then told my daughter it's going to be tough but if you can stick it out, you will learn a lot. So she stayed on the team and gradually got better and better. Scott really helped her build her confidence, I think he was happier than I was when she got her first hit about 8 games into the season. He nominated her for the all-star game based on enthusiasm, team spirit and effort. She did him proud with a put out at second (nice play at short) and an RBI. We talked a bit about hockey (I'm not one to dwell on anothers celebrity), he really loves the game.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote