HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers: Lundmark aims for top-line job

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2004, 03:58 AM
KING

vCash: 500
Rangers: Lundmark aims for top-line job

http://www.nj.com/rangers/ledger/ind...5403325040.xml

Old
03-21-2004, 10:10 AM
True Blue

Looks like Holik agrees w/ some of us

Great quote:

"When Jamie Lundmark replaced Bobby Holik as Jaromir Jagr's center last week at Rangers practice, Holik had one reaction -- it's about time.

"I know one thing -- I shouldn't be the one playing with Jagr," Holik said. "As great a player as he is, he's not who I should be playing with.

"He's one of the best out there, but for him to be the most effective for our hockey team, he should be playing with someone like Jamie."

And he was, for one game at least. "

Apparently we aren't the only ones who think that a) playing Holik w/ Jagr is stupid and b) Jaime should be given a shot on the top lines for more than just a casual outing.

Old
03-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Hankenstein

Why is it that all common sense disappears in Rangers management.

I said it beforw and I'll say it again: A syphalitic monkey could run this team better than Sather and his cronies.

Old
03-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Great quote:

"When Jamie Lundmark replaced Bobby Holik as Jaromir Jagr's center last week at Rangers practice, Holik had one reaction -- it's about time.

"I know one thing -- I shouldn't be the one playing with Jagr," Holik said. "As great a player as he is, he's not who I should be playing with.

"He's one of the best out there, but for him to be the most effective for our hockey team, he should be playing with someone like Jamie."

And he was, for one game at least. "

Apparently we aren't the only ones who think that a) playing Holik w/ Jagr is stupid and b) Jaime should be given a shot on the top lines for more than just a casual outing.
what has holik done in his two years here to for his point of view to be taken seriously? what has lundmark done in his two years here to deserve to play with jagr?

oh yeah thats right lundmark has two goals but its his linemates.

Old
03-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Hankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
what has holik done in his two years here to for his point of view to be taken seriously? what has lundmark done in his two years here to deserve to play with jagr?

I like your unbiased approach to this topic!

Old
03-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobis13
I like your unbiased approach to this topic!
likewise

Old
03-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:

If Holik would have been used properly he would done plenty and I still think he has been ok this year.

BTW its Yankee stadium not Yankees stadium :p

Old
03-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Hankenstein

Quote:
likewise

Well actually, I am NOT biased on Jamie at all. I don't really know what to make of him at this point. I do feel however that it is shortsighted and obtuse to write off a player as young as Jamie.

For example: Pleae see Martin St. Louis. Or rather, WAIVER'd Martin St. Louis. He was considered a bust as well. It just takes some players a little longer to find thier stride. Now, I have no idea if Jamie ever will, but I will not condem him, at this point, of, as you LOVE to remind us, "sucking".

It seems as though you pounce on any oppertunity to put Lundmark down. It really takes all objectivity out of your posts.

Old
03-21-2004, 10:36 AM
Hankenstein

And...Holik has been able to put up 21 goals so far this year while playing COMPLETELY out of position.

Old
03-21-2004, 11:11 AM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
what has holik done in his two years here to for his point of view to be taken seriously?
So when Holik is ripping the team, you say he should be the next captain. But if he disagrees with you, then he hasn't done anything and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Old
03-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Fletch

Why listen to Holik?

because he knows why he came to New York, and that was to check top lines, not center a top line. Everybody in the league would agree that Jagr is a top line player. So, put those together, and you would come up with the idea that Jagr and Holik would be better off playing on separate lines (better for the Rangers that is).

Old
03-21-2004, 12:04 PM
in the hall

Quote:

wow you pick and chose your spots... that shows weakness in character.. will you show your face when lundmark scores again???? nah i would expect you to show up a week later pointing out how lundmark hasnt scored since

Old
03-21-2004, 01:22 PM
charliemurphy

This is ridiculous.
Everyone has to give Lundy a break.
Look what he's been exposed to since coming up.
Overpaid primadonnas (not counting Leetchie), losing seasons, terrible coaching, and even worse management.
Knowing "...I could win a Stanley Cup with that kind of payroll..." Sather, he'll be dealt in a package to move up in the draft or another top 10 pick.
Lundmark is not the problem.
And Holik has done plenty. At least he's accountable."...I shouldn't be the one playing with Jagr... and "...we play the fundamentally worst game in hockey...". Great quote. It's about time someone said something like that. That was great of him to say. He's got brass ones. Sounds like something you want said from the Captain.
Talk about accountability. Messier threatens to retire if traded. That helps the future of the Rangers. Messier should have been packaged with Hlavac and dealt.
And people think Lundmark is dissapointing.
The problem is half of the teams in NHL make the playoffs and the Rangers have now gone SEVEN, SEVEN, SEVEN years without making the playoffs.
By the way does anyone think Dolan will reduce tix prices?
My bet is...No way.
The problem is at the top.
And who the hell is going to come in and coach the Rangers next year?
If there is a next year...
Maybe we should be asking that question, instead of Why listen to Holik? What line Lundamrk belongs on? or if Lundamrk even belongs on the Rangers?
Nonsense.

Old
03-21-2004, 01:44 PM
BLACKBURN

Quote:

Drop it already, its getting older then messiers jock strap.........

Old
03-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Barnaby

Give Lundmark a shot!!

Let him center Jagr, it's not like we have anythig to lose. Sink or swim Jamie! At this point I'm really beginning to think he'll sink like a rock, but what the heck. Give him a shot. Worst case scenario he'll probably put up some secondary assists next to Jagr so at least his stats will look better in our attempt to trade him to move up in the draft.

Closed Thread