HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Adult Hockey League Talk

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Blackbear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
I have yet to play an ice pick up. I just haven't been confident enough in my level of play to go yet.

Had a great Gretzky today, my buddy came up from down south. It is always nice to have someone you know there then you can basically run a practice. I had learned a snap shot previously but now I finally learned a slap shot. Some random guy helped me after seeing me get frustrated. He told me to get lower and put my low hand lower and it worked right away.

Jamie Baker was running some private training after the gretz. Bet that costs an arm and a leg.
About $30 - $50 PER 1 hr ice slot (per head) depending on hwo many in your group. Baker mostly works with kids and he's terrific. Tom Pederson also does semi-private lessons for about the same $ and is a fantastic shooting teacher. I've never seen anyone else break it down into individual steps of technique as well as Tom. I know he works with Beer Leaguers.

Old
08-10-2009, 01:07 AM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbear View Post
About $30 - $50 PER 1 hr ice slot (per head) depending on hwo many in your group. Baker mostly works with kids and he's terrific. Tom Pederson also does semi-private lessons for about the same $ and is a fantastic shooting teacher. I've never seen anyone else break it down into individual steps of technique as well as Tom. I know he works with Beer Leaguers.
Thanks for the info.

It unfortunately looks like I am going to have to skip the winter league as the finances don't quite look like they are going to be there for the winter session. I will keep doing some gretzky's though just to stay skating.

Old
08-17-2009, 06:24 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Had a good game against SJRinkRat's team on Sat night. Too bad I couldn't shoot the puck to save my life, everything right at the keeper's chest. I was skating a lot better though and although I was holding the puck too much my hands were pretty evil on some of the things I was doing. SJRinkRat was shadowing me a little bit whenever I was out there, sneaky sir. Next time I won't pass the 2 on 1 where I draw the goalie and defender to me, make the goalie drop outside of the crease to my side and then pass it to my teammate for a wide open net that gets missed.

Anyone in DDDD or lower (as in DDDD, E, EE) need a sub? I might even try DDD if I feel frisky. I know someone knows Walt and could ask him how I play, pretty sure he plays some higher up leagues. I could even throw in some $ for a couple pitchers for you team after the game

Old
08-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Had a good game against SJRinkRat's team on Sat night. Too bad I couldn't shoot the puck to save my life, everything right at the keeper's chest. I was skating a lot better though and although I was holding the puck too much my hands were pretty evil on some of the things I was doing. SJRinkRat was shadowing me a little bit whenever I was out there, sneaky sir. Next time I won't pass the 2 on 1 where I draw the goalie and defender to me, make the goalie drop outside of the crease to my side and then pass it to my teammate for a wide open net that gets missed.

Anyone in DDDD or lower (as in DDDD, E, EE) need a sub? I might even try DDD if I feel frisky. I know someone knows Walt and could ask him how I play, pretty sure he plays some higher up leagues. I could even throw in some $ for a couple pitchers for you team after the game
Look at you, begging like a common hobo

Old
08-17-2009, 06:34 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy View Post
Look at you, begging like a common hobo
unemployment ain't cutting it to pay 550 or so. That is like 1 check almost.

Old
08-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
unemployment ain't cutting it to pay 550 or so. That is like 1 check almost.
You should be a goalie, most teams don't charge them. Although I'm branching out away from the crease and it is pricey.

Old
08-17-2009, 06:38 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
You should be a goalie, most teams don't charge them. Although I'm branching out away from the crease and it is pricey.
Am I talking to myself? (Nem get him, he is a thief)

But then you need to buy the pads right? That is pricey. I would only be a goalie for EEEE or EEE I think. I have never really been a goalie though. I would probably try and skate it up

Old
08-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Am I talking to myself? (Nem get him, he is a thief)

But then you need to buy the pads right? That is pricey. I would only be a goalie for EEEE or EEE I think. I have never really been a goalie though. I would probably try and skate it up
I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Old
08-17-2009, 06:54 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're talking about.
MURDERING MURPHY IS AN AVATAR THIEF!!! I am going to hang out at Sharks Ice and club anyone with goalie gear under 5'4"

I will keep skating the Gretzky's though since I don't want to lose the feel of ice (I will still sub on a roller team)

Old
08-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
MURDERING MURPHY IS AN AVATAR THIEF!!! I am going to hang out at Sharks Ice and club anyone with goalie gear under 5'4"

I will keep skating the Gretzky's though since I don't want to lose the feel of ice (I will still sub on a roller team)
Surprisingly I've seen a bunch of smallish goalies. I can't believe you can just easily switch between roller and ice.

Old
08-17-2009, 07:06 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Surprisingly I've seen a bunch of smallish goalies. I can't believe you can just easily switch between roller and ice.
If I picked one exclusively then my skating would be much better in that one. When I go back and forth I constantly have to make the adjustment, so it takes a couple shifts to get back into it.

If they aren't on the same night than it isn't a problem, but if I play a roller game followed by an ice game my skating is affected.

If they are kid goalies they aren't safe either, no one can be trusted

Old
08-18-2009, 12:12 AM
Rem
I am a ham radio

I play in DDDD now (well, I'm suspended for one more game). However, we're moving up to DD next season and our sub list is already full.

I do know Walt though

Old
08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
MetropolisPt31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
I play in DDDD now (well, I'm suspended for one more game). However, we're moving up to DD next season and our sub list is already full.

I do know Walt though
Ooh! What did you do?

Seriously, it seems like an inordinate amount of suspensions and misconducts have been handed out throughout all divisions this season. Our DD division had racked up 50 misconducts as of last week.

And Walt rocks.

Old
08-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetropolisPt31 View Post
Ooh! What did you do?

Seriously, it seems like an inordinate amount of suspensions and misconducts have been handed out throughout all divisions this season. Our DD division had racked up 50 misconducts as of last week.

And Walt rocks.
One of my teams got a beer coupon because all the teams in the division had no ejections.

Last edited by Rickety Cricket: 08-18-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old
08-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetropolisPt31 View Post
Ooh! What did you do?

And Walt rocks.
I was given a match penalty for "cross checking in the back of the head, with intent to injure". When in fact, I was the one who was at the receiving end of that. We argued, we appealed, but I got 3 games as the result. Total bull shift.

Old
08-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
I was given a match penalty for "cross checking in the back of the head, with intent to injure". When in fact, I was the one who was at the receiving end of that. We argued, we appealed, but I got 3 games as the result. Total bull shift.
So you got crosschecked in the back of the head and then got suspended for 3 games? Damn lol

Old
08-18-2009, 06:22 PM
SharkXJ

Send a message via Yahoo to SharkXJ
You guys just opened a whole can o worms.....

I got suspended once for being punched in the back of the head repeatidly (spelling?).

Old
08-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Rickety Cricket

I've only been suspended once and that was for fighting, I deserved that one.

Old
08-19-2009, 02:34 AM
MrCowGod15

I can't wait for the playoffs to start. Too bad it's been ~2 weeks since I've stepped foot on a sheet of ice

Old
08-19-2009, 02:48 AM
Rem
I am a ham radio

Quote:
So you got crosschecked in the back of the head and then got suspended for 3 games? Damn lol
Yeah pretty much. The ref was a mucking foron. Oh well, can't do ish about it now. Our first playoff game is on Sunday and we're playing the 8th seed - hopefully our boys (and one girl) can take care of them. We are the top seed so...oh crap..

but really, we should win and I'll be playing on Monday night

Old
08-24-2009, 02:51 AM
MrCowGod15

My team's season is over.

One hell of a game though. Went to an 8 round shootout.

Old
08-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

My team won 9-0 against teh 8th seed last night. My suspension is over, and I will back on the ice tonight!!! I can't freakin' wait

Old
08-24-2009, 01:23 PM
SharkXJ

Send a message via Yahoo to SharkXJ
Well - we lost 4-3 yesterday. We were down 4-1 in the 3rd and brought it hard. They had 3 lucky goals - 2 squeeked in under our goalies pads. Sometimes it's about luck right.....

Old
08-24-2009, 04:49 PM
MetropolisPt31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkXJ View Post
Well - we lost 4-3 yesterday. We were down 4-1 in the 3rd and brought it hard. They had 3 lucky goals - 2 squeeked in under our goalies pads. Sometimes it's about luck right.....
I didn't communicate clearly with Smiley on the first one and he turned back up the ice right as I passed it. I already washed the second one from my memory yesterday afternoon with copious amounts of Widmer.

Old
08-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Rickety Cricket

Both my teams are done, but I found out I also play with mrcowgod. I'm a ****ing disaster on defense. After our game yesterday my goalie said he stopped telling me that I'm screening him and accepted it as a fact.

Closed Thread