HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Adult Hockey League Talk

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Rickety Cricket

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Mine was the same, well is still because I am inconsistent since I just learned a better way. Another thing I was doing was transferring weight too early. But getting lower and moving my hand lower definitely gave me some immediately better shots. Some were lasers at the top corner too.

Murph, me too. I am a forward so I use my others a lot more but it is nice to have in the arsenal
Yea, when I started playing D some more I'd think about taking one but my wrist shot is more accurate.

Old
06-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Lockout Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderin Murphy View Post
I think in games I've honestly taken like 3 slapshots. Its a lot easier/quicker to do a wrist shot or snap shot.
Good to know. I'm pretty happy with my wrist shots, though I bet they'd be better if i wasn't using a 20 dollar wood stick.

Old
06-24-2009, 06:37 PM
MetropolisPt31

Quote:
Originally Posted by difren View Post
I'm pretty sure that I've played with some of you guys at pickups. Valco sessions for sure.

Recently I've been doing the Monday night pickup down at Sharks ice it's been a decent crowd.
I've been at several of the Friday 7AM sessions. I was there quite often earlier in the year when I was unemployed.

Old
06-24-2009, 07:48 PM
difren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetropolisPt31 View Post
I've been at several of the Friday 7AM sessions. I was there quite often earlier in the year when I was unemployed.

I was doing a fair amount of those early Friday sessions as well. You play the Valco pickup?

Old
06-25-2009, 11:15 AM
MetropolisPt31

Quote:
Originally Posted by difren View Post
I was doing a fair amount of those early Friday sessions as well. You play the Valco pickup?
The Wednesday evening pickups? No, I haven't done those in years.

Old
06-25-2009, 11:31 AM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

I am gonna have to go play some pick up one of these days. What is the comp level of the Fri morning one? The noon Sharks Ice ones?

Old
06-25-2009, 07:59 PM
difren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetropolisPt31 View Post
The Wednesday evening pickups? No, I haven't done those in years.

No, different night.

Old
06-26-2009, 09:26 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Well, I went to Gretzky again today and my slapshot got better. So I am happy with that. Only need to get it under control a little better. I am a goalie head hunter right now from the blueline. There was a goalie there, probably around 15, who must not be used to being a goalie because when someone would come in he would shy away from the goal in fear. He started doing the same when I was taking slapshots because they were fast and high (trying to learn to control it) even though they were from the blueline

Old
06-29-2009, 11:17 AM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

What is the suspension for fighting?

Old
06-29-2009, 11:23 AM
SharkXJ

Send a message via Yahoo to SharkXJ
Quote:
What is the suspension for fighting?
Usually 1 Game - can be up to 3.

Old
06-29-2009, 11:28 AM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkXJ View Post
Usually 1 Game - can be up to 3.
alright, good to know. Almost had one last night, apparently I really pissed some guy off. He was yelling at me from like 60 feet away as I went for a line change. So I went back to him and he head butted me, I cross checked him in the chest and he got ejected and probably suspended. All of this with their team up 4-0 with 50 seconds left. But yeah, apparently I did something that really got him mad. I said a couple things face to face that he didn't like either. Oh well, next game. I got the number

Old
06-29-2009, 11:30 AM
SJRinkRat

Send a message via Yahoo to SJRinkRat
Glad to hear your slap shot is getting better.... Yeah, that is one of the things i want/need to work on. Help I would be happy with just a better wrist shot for now. Did you go an pick a fight and pull on someone's pigtails?

Old
06-29-2009, 11:36 AM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRinkRat View Post
Glad to hear your slap shot is getting better.... Yeah, that is one of the things i want/need to work on. Help I would be happy with just a better wrist shot for now. Did you go an pick a fight and pull on someone's pigtails?
haha, I have no clue what I did. I know we had a battle in the corner for a few seconds. I am pretty sure he mumbled something when we were leaving the boards. Like I said, I took a number. I can finish someone off "cleanly" really well and we will see where it goes from there. They had another guy get kicked off with 18 seconds left too. They were a fairly dirty team overall. I was getting hacked like crazy (legs, arms) with or without the puck (some teams have started to single me out a little bit). But they were the 1st place team

Old
06-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
alright, good to know. Almost had one last night, apparently I really pissed some guy off. He was yelling at me from like 60 feet away as I went for a line change. So I went back to him and he head butted me, I cross checked him in the chest and he got ejected and probably suspended. All of this with their team up 4-0 with 50 seconds left. But yeah, apparently I did something that really got him mad. I said a couple things face to face that he didn't like either. Oh well, next game. I got the number
The ref who ejected that guy is on my team, he told me about it. He told me it wasn't like a hard headbutt but was still a headbutt

Old
06-29-2009, 12:11 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The ref who ejected that guy is on my team, he told me about it. He told me it wasn't like a hard headbutt but was still a headbutt
That is awesome. Yeah, I didn't even think of it as a headbutt because we were face to face. The dude was leaning forward like crazy the whole time, pretty funny. I asked if he was trying to kiss me, he didn't like that. They were giving it to the refs like crazy. The other guy who got kicked out was the type who complained any time he had the puck. He would throw his hands up and ask for slash, hook, trip etc. Then he would swear at the refs. He got kicked out while in the box for yelling at the refs.

Old
06-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
That is awesome. Yeah, I didn't even think of it as a headbutt because we were face to face. The dude was leaning forward like crazy the whole time, pretty funny. I asked if he was trying to kiss me, he didn't like that. They were giving it to the refs like crazy. The other guy who got kicked out was the type who complained any time he had the puck. He would throw his hands up and ask for slash, hook, trip etc. Then he would swear at the refs. He got kicked out while in the box for yelling at the refs.
Yea he was talking about them in the locker room, saying how they told him how he apparently was a disgrace and is terrible. He told me he gave him a misconduct for abuse of officials.

Old
06-29-2009, 12:19 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Yea he was talking about them in the locker room, saying how they told him how he apparently was a disgrace and is terrible. He told me he gave him a misconduct for abuse of officials.
I believe that they are known for being a dirtier team. But yeah, the refs weren't having any of their ****

Old
06-29-2009, 05:08 PM
SharkXJ

Quote:
I believe that they are known for being a dirtier team. But yeah, the refs weren't having any of their ****
Check out the stats from 2 games ago against cheap skates. I sub on an EE team and I purposely don't play the games against A-team. I know if I do I will definitely get suspended. They have always been like that. Honestly, and it won't happen, Tyler should send them a warning telling them to calm the F down. They are super cheap and are not happy unless they either draw someone into a fight or win by 100 goals.

Old
06-29-2009, 05:25 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Check out the stats from 2 games ago against cheap skates. I sub on an EE team and I purposely don't play the games against A-team. I know if I do I will definitely get suspended. They have always been like that. Honestly, and it won't happen, Tyler should send them a warning telling them to calm the F down. They are super cheap and are not happy unless they either draw someone into a fight or win by 100 goals.
I seriously dont get this kind of stuff, I understand playing hard but jesus christ.....most of us have to work the next day.

Old
06-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Rem
I am a ham radio

Quote:
I've played against them for years and I always play them just as hard.

and for my team update...

we won 6-0 on Sunday, for a 10-0 record. I got an assist and a goal, for 14 points in the season!

Old
06-30-2009, 12:27 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
I've played against them for years and I always play them just as hard.

and for my team update...

we won 6-0 on Sunday, for a 10-0 record. I got an assist and a goal, for 14 points in the season!
Don't get me wrong, I can be a complete ******* when I play too. I wasn't dirty against them but I can play hard and physical too. One crucial part of that is knowing how the play is going and then you can set yourself up to hit the **** out of them and have there be no call.

I just thought it was funny that someone was so pissed about something that was obviously minute because I didn't even remember an incident that would have caused it. Oh well, next game.

Old
06-30-2009, 12:33 PM
SharkXJ

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I can be a complete ******* when I play too. I wasn't dirty against them but I can play hard and physical too. One crucial part of that is knowing how the play is going and then you can set yourself up to hit the **** out of them and have there be no call.

I just thought it was funny that someone was so pissed about something that was obviously minute because I didn't even remember an incident that would have caused it. Oh well, next game.
I rmember once calling a guy "A can't skate fat gorilla" Let's just say he wanted to kill me I play the way I play, if a guy has a problem with it then we can "talk". But I do not take cheap shots and I do not try to hurt anyone.

Old
07-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Dr Acula

Quote:
You could not have described them any better.

Old
07-11-2009, 01:24 AM
MetropolisPt31

Oy, it's been two weeks since my last game and I have to be on the ice at 10:00AM on Sunday. Good thing I played pickup hockey last night. Two weeks off for a beer league schmuck like me is too long of a break.

Old
07-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Trojan35

Let's try not to let in 6 goals in the first period this time... Also, your new pads suck. 3 of those 6 goals went off your pads, over your head, and back down into the goal. A failure of geometric proportions.

Closed Thread