HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines for tonight?

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2004, 10:16 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Lines for tonight?

Anyone know if any changes are happening out there line wise for tonight? I would like us to dress Isbister instead of Chimera and Hemsky instead of Pisani.

Chimera has disappeared recently and Pisani, even though he scored last game, has looked like dead weight too. He isn't even checking that well right now.

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Torres - Nedved - Dvorak
Isbister - Oates - York
Moreau- Stoll - Laraques

That would be my choice anyways

Old
03-21-2004, 10:36 AM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Anyone know if any changes are happening out there line wise for tonight? I would like us to dress Isbister instead of Chimera and Hemsky instead of Pisani.

Chimera has disappeared recently and Pisani, even though he scored last game, has looked like dead weight too. He isn't even checking that well right now.

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Torres - Nedved - Dvorak
Isbister - Oates - York
Moreau- Stoll - Laraques

I know Chimera hasn't had a lot of points lately, but I do think he is using his speed & size fairly effectively to create turnovers. That being said, Isbister had a ocuple pretty good games going oon as well. Here are my lines

Smyth - Nedved - Hemsky
Torres - York - Dvorak
Isbister - Horcoff - Laraque
Moreau - Stoll - Pisani

I think lining up Hemsky the passer, Nedved the shooter, and Smyth the garbage goal/rebound machine would be a natural lineup. Smyth can dig the pucks out of the corners to Hemsky, who can string some seeing passes for Nedved to snipe. On the offchance Nedved misses, Smyth should be there to wack at the rebound.

I know Nedved and Dvo are split up on my lines, but Dvorak, York and Torres has proven to have some chemistry in the past as well. We don't really have a first or second line here, more like line 1A & 1B

Thses lines shouldn't really be lsited as 3 and 4 either, more like 3A & 3B. Laraque & Isbister can create some havoc down low in the corners, and then of course the heart & soul man Ethan teams up with Stoll & Pisani

Old
03-21-2004, 11:01 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconius
I know Chimera hasn't had a lot of points lately, but I do think he is using his speed & size fairly effectively to create turnovers. That being said, Isbister had a ocuple pretty good games going oon as well. Here are my lines

Smyth - Nedved - Hemsky
Torres - York - Dvorak
Isbister - Horcoff - Laraque
Moreau - Stoll - Pisani

I think lining up Hemsky the passer, Nedved the shooter, and Smyth the garbage goal/rebound machine would be a natural lineup. Smyth can dig the pucks out of the corners to Hemsky, who can string some seeing passes for Nedved to snipe. On the offchance Nedved misses, Smyth should be there to wack at the rebound.

I know Nedved and Dvo are split up on my lines, but Dvorak, York and Torres has proven to have some chemistry in the past as well. We don't really have a first or second line here, more like line 1A & 1B

Thses lines shouldn't really be lsited as 3 and 4 either, more like 3A & 3B. Laraque & Isbister can create some havoc down low in the corners, and then of course the heart & soul man Ethan teams up with Stoll & Pisani
The sun says Hemsky is in (yay!) The only problem I have with your lines is that York likely can't play C right now with his hand, and that Moreau - Stoll - Laraque line isn't getting broken up anytime soon...

But I agree that Smyth - Nedved - Hemsky would be a killer line

Old
03-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Allan

The Journal (not online yet ) said

York Nedved Dvorak
Smyth Horcoff Hemsky
Moreau Stoll Laraque
Torres Oates Pisani

Old
03-21-2004, 11:11 AM
GorillazXL

Quote:

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Torres - Nedved - Dvorak
Isbister - Oates - York
Moreau- Stoll - Laraques

Solid . The only thing is not having Pisani in the lineup. Actually, though both him and Chimera haven't been lighting up the scoreboard they've been playing a pretty good checking game (Pisani more so then Chimera). Watching Pisani take a beating in front of the opponents's net night in and night out is pretty impressive. He doesn't score pretty goals but he does score needy ones. In some ways he remind me of a poor man's version of Moreau .

GXL

Old
03-21-2004, 11:17 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillazXL
Solid . The only thing is not having Pisani in the lineup. Actually, though both him and Chimera haven't been lighting up the scoreboard they've been playing a pretty good checking game (Pisani more so then Chimera). Watching Pisani take a beating in front of the opponents's net night in and night out is pretty impressive. He doesn't score pretty goals but he does score needy ones. In some ways he remind me of a poor man's version of Moreau .

GXL
Normally I would agree with you, but I have though Pisani has looked lost our there recently. He isn't battling how he was earlier, he handles the puck like grenade, and is giving the puck away.

We can get all that with Isbister too but Isbister can score

I have nothing against Pisani, I just think he needs a bit of a break to rest up.

Also I think Staois could use a break. Maybe play Semenov with Cross and Let Staois rest up for LA?

Old
03-21-2004, 11:29 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Normally I would agree with you, but I have though Pisani has looked lost our there recently. He isn't battling how he was earlier, he handles the puck like grenade, and is giving the puck away.

We can get all that with Isbister too but Isbister can score

I have nothing against Pisani, I just think he needs a bit of a break to rest up.

Also I think Staois could use a break. Maybe play Semenov with Cross and Let Staois rest up for LA?
Yeah, Staios needs a rest. I might even consider taking him out for the next two games, because he's really lost it out there.

Old
03-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Mr Sakich

York Nedved Dvorak

when was the last Oiler line that had more skill and potential to have a big game?

Old
03-21-2004, 11:57 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Smyth - Weight - Guerin...

Old
03-21-2004, 12:11 PM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
York Nedved Dvorak

when was the last Oiler line that had more skill and potential to have a big game?
Not to rain on anyones parade but did these players get the Rangers in the playoffs. I personally will stick with guys like Smyth, Horcoff and Moreau to get us there. Hope the Oilers coaching staff realizes this and coach accordingly.

Old
03-21-2004, 12:14 PM
ToothlessAggression

We play a different style than the Rangers, what did not work there just might work here.

Old
03-21-2004, 12:38 PM
Oi'll say!

I hope that Ales is on the short leash this time around, we can't afford any more of his 0pts, 0shots, 14 mins, -1 games until we're either in or out. If he doesn't get one shot per period it's pb time.

Old
03-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Cerebral

I personally think Izzy deserves to be back in the lineup. Unless he is still battling an injury (in which case it makes sense to have him resting in the press box right now), he has played well enough to justify a roster spot over a number of Oilers forwards..

Old
03-21-2004, 01:12 PM
momentai

Hmm... ok this will be the start of putting the Hemsky talk to rest at least for now. Hemsky apparently will be played on a line other than Oates and Moreau. I realize that that line was together earlier in the year... but with Smyth struggling, Horcoff struggling with a hip problem and Hemsky struggling... it's no wonder they were a disaster on the ice.

With Horcoff feeling better, Smyth broken out of his slump earlier in the year somewhat... hopefully we'll see what this line can bring.

Old
03-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Loweball

I do not understand this move at all. The Oilers have been playing great, why try to fix something that isn't broken? Hemsky is a non factor and I don't think it's a coincidence the team has played better since he has been out of the line up.

Old
03-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund Oiler
I do not understand this move at all. The Oilers have been playing great, why try to fix something that isn't broken? Hemsky is a non factor and I don't think it's a coincidence the team has played better since he has been out of the line up.
Hemsky better show up tonight - this is his last chance this year IMO. I don't agree with it - but if he decides to make a contribution and possibly return to the form of October/November, then that adds another weapon - Otherwise, huge risk!

Old
03-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Dangerdanger

Quote:
Yeah but the last couple games our top two lines havent really been showing up, so we defintely need to get some production from them if we expect to keep winning, hence the shakeup. Im down with it, lets see what happens.

Old
03-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Not to rain on anyones parade but did these players get the Rangers in the playoffs. I personally will stick with guys like Smyth, Horcoff and Moreau to get us there. Hope the Oilers coaching staff realizes this and coach accordingly.
The Ranger's problem has never been skill though. It's their team system, or rather lack thereof. As well, I think you'll find that most Ranger fans would kill to have both Dvo & York back

Old
03-21-2004, 04:47 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

I'd much rather see him with Moreau and Stoll or Nedved and Dvorak, but oh well, at least he's back in. I'm not expecting a huge game, because Smyth and Horcoff have been dropping off severely lately, and Ales is best served playing with someone who can finish, but at least he's back in. Hopefully he gets some top powerplay time with the scorers, because that's where he'll be effective. It's really sad how some are making this 'do or die' for the season for him, what a joke. They should be making this team into the best possible, and that includes him in the lineup.

Old
03-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
I'd much rather see him with Moreau and Stoll or Nedved and Dvorak, but oh well, at least he's back in. I'm not expecting a huge game, because Smyth and Horcoff have been dropping off severely lately, and Ales is best served playing with someone who can finish, but at least he's back in. Hopefully he gets some top powerplay time with the scorers, because that's where he'll be effective. It's really sad how some are making this 'do or die' for the season for him, what a joke. They should be making this team into the best possible, and that includes him in the lineup.
It is do or die for him this season. He has been crap since December. Hasn't produced and has been a liability. He is lucky to have another chance. I'm sure it won't last.

Old
03-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Matts

I am hoping for a BG like revival

from Hemsky. Lord know he has the skill to make an impact and we've seen him be strong on the puck before as well so it's just a matter of him putting it all together. MacT says he's looked very good in practice so I'm thinking he'll come out and rip the cover off the place.

As for York-Nedved-Dvorak, Petr has been invisible the last two games. This might spark them.

I like Ales getting time with Horc and Smyth but Shawn was playing over his head so you knew he'd come back to earth and that it would be a hard fall. Ryan has stagnated a little but maybe a re-introduction to Ales will bring back some of those tap-ins that Hemsky gave him last season.

I remember two beauts vs Cgy and TO, for example

Old
03-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Chayos

Quote:
I don't think Switching Hemsky for Chimera is that big a deal. Chimera was not a force on the ice by any means. In fact MacT was not really playing the whole line beyond the 45 mins mark. I think by moving Torres down to The 4th with Oates it give Oates more to work with. Pisani is know for his shot and Torres is strong along the boards. I think This line could suprise a little bit. Where ever Torres has played this season he has produced so maybe this will give us a more balanced attack. This also allows us to move 2 of our more skilled players into our top 6. Hemsky and Smyth carried our team to the playoffs last March so lets give them another shot. York is a smaller player so playing with dvorak and Nedved will benifit him. They are probably our most skilled line.

I would add Isbister in for Pisani when he's healthy though!

Old
03-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Matts

with that 4th line

all I want is for them to not get scored on and for Oates to win some big draws. I expect nothing else from them. and I wouldn't want Izzy going in for Pisani because Fernie can kill penalties if we need him

Old
03-21-2004, 11:48 PM
mrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
all I want is for them to not get scored on and for Oates to win some big draws. I expect nothing else from them. and I wouldn't want Izzy going in for Pisani because Fernie can kill penalties if we need him
pisani rarely kills penalties now.

Old
03-22-2004, 12:08 AM
Matts

I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush
pisani rarely kills penalties now.
it goes Horc-Smyth and Stoll-Moreau and now Oates seems to be the 5th option with Pisani at 6th

but at least he's done it before and he can also go up alongside Smyth and Horc can they can outscore the opposition or keep them in check

if izzy isn't "trying" to score, then there's no point of him being in the lineup

Closed Thread