HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Please Sign the "Keep the Coyotes in Phoenix" Petition!

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2009, 09:59 AM
carcillo13

vCash: 500
Please Sign the "Keep the Coyotes in Phoenix" Petition!

Ladies & gentlemen... we shall not stand idly by & let our team get away without a fight.

Quote:
We are fans of the Phoenix Coyotes. We believe that Phoenix is a good market for hockey and that the Coyotes can be successful here. People need to keep their grubby hands off of our team and stop acting like our team is the redheaded stepchild of the NHL. While we understand there are financial issues, there must be a reasonable solution that doesn't include relocation and depriving the fans of the team they love.
It's not much but it's a start. Please take a moment to sign the petition by going here.

Old
05-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Super Berg

i don't mean to be meanie bo feeney on this, but I think it would take more than a petition to keep the Yotes in the PHO
If it is in fact true that the team is losing $20M a year as rumored despite the City cutting them a lot of slack, then a real big problem exist, a problem that merely signing a petition would not fix

If you can get 10,000 Yotes fan to buy season tickets at $3,000 a pop then different story. I don't know what season tickets goes for in Phoenix but I am thinking it would be bargain basement price that would be laughable when compared to what ppl have to pay in say Toronto. Also it would help if you can get some corporations to buy some luxury boxes too.

Unless you can convince someone with really deep pockets to buy the team, someone who doesn't mind losing $20M a year, which is very unlikely, Doing the above would be a good start to saving the Yotes.

A petition? really, what good would that do other than expressing some angst.

Reality is money talks and bull**** walks

Old
05-01-2009, 11:47 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

but wait a minute could we as fans take a collection to purchase the team.

Old
05-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Couldn't something like this, if it really took off, be considered a decent start?

Old
05-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Couldn't something like this, if it really took off, be considered a decent start?
Absolutely!

Old
05-01-2009, 03:52 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
It's better than just sitting on our hands and blaming everyone else for the problems.

Old
05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
It's better than just sitting on our hands and blaming everyone else for the problems.
Everyone sing along.....

Times have changed
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents
They just wan't to fart and curse

Should we blame the government?
Or blame society?
Or should we blame the images on TV?

No, blame Canada, blame Canada
With all their beady little eyes
And their heads so full of lies
Blame Canada, blame Canada

(If anyone's not familiar with South Park, look it up before you blast me as anti-Canadian)

Old
05-01-2009, 04:27 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
Everyone sing along.....

Times have changed
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents
They just wan't to fart and curse

Should we blame the government?
Or blame society?
Or should we blame the images on TV?

No, blame Canada, blame Canada
With all their beady little eyes
And their heads so full of lies
Blame Canada, blame Canada

(If anyone's not familiar with South Park, look it up before you blast me as anti-Canadian)

I never mentioned Canadians, did I?

Old
05-01-2009, 08:15 PM
indczn

I signed a better petition, I renewed my tickets.

Old
05-02-2009, 09:53 PM
omnimutant

I'd sign if I wasn't confident that the team isn't going anywhere...

Lets not add unnecessary panic to a situation that isn't even a remote possibility yet.

Old
05-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Jag68Sid87

I signed. I live in Montreal and I lost the Expos. I don't wish that on anyone.

Good luck to all.

Old
05-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHope07 View Post
i don't mean to be meanie bo feeney on this, but I think it would take more than a petition to keep the Yotes in the PHO
If it is in fact true that the team is losing $20M a year as rumored despite the City cutting them a lot of slack, then a real big problem exist, a problem that merely signing a petition would not fix

If you can get 10,000 Yotes fan to buy season tickets at $3,000 a pop then different story. I don't know what season tickets goes for in Phoenix but I am thinking it would be bargain basement price that would be laughable when compared to what ppl have to pay in say Toronto. Also it would help if you can get some corporations to buy some luxury boxes too.

Unless you can convince someone with really deep pockets to buy the team, someone who doesn't mind losing $20M a year, which is very unlikely, Doing the above would be a good start to saving the Yotes.

A petition? really, what good would that do other than expressing some angst.

Reality is money talks and bull**** walks
first of all, I think of you more as a big turd than a 'meanie bo feeney'.

Secondly, what are you saying? That the petition the OP put together and this thread is bull****?

Thank you so very little. So happy you took the time to stop by and crap on this.

Old
05-03-2009, 11:00 AM
2yotesfans88

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post

Good luck to all.
Back when i was 11 i was able to see an expos game up on a vacation to montreal. i dont think people realize...its easy to lose a team...and once its gone its almost impossible to get one back.

Old
05-04-2009, 06:22 AM
carcillo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1llua View Post
Precisely. Nobody believes that this petition is going to solve all this team's problems but it does at least serve as a starting point. If we all sit idlly by without having a voice in the matter, they might think hockey in the desert isn't worth fighting for. The fans know all about the situation and are saying and doing nothing... they obviously don't care. What would be the point in fighting for the team to stay if that were the impression that they got from us? It may not help but it certainly isn't going to hurt. At least they know we're here...

And I also renewed my season tickets, a while ago.

Old
05-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Yaremchuk

I admit that I want another team in Ontario, being from the area. But I never wanted a team to come through the loss of another team. People who gloat about things like this fail to understand that if the Yotes move north its not just a local failure limited to Phoenix, its a failure for the sport hockey and its future growth.

I'm with you and I hope that somehow the team can remain in Phoenix. No fanbase deserves to lose their team.

Old
05-05-2009, 07:56 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaremchuk View Post
I admit that I want another team in Ontario, being from the area. But I never wanted a team to come through the loss of another team. People who gloat about things like this fail to understand that if the Yotes move north its not just a local failure limited to Phoenix, its a failure for the sport hockey and its future growth.

I'm with you and I hope that somehow the team can remain in Phoenix. No fanbase deserves to lose their team.
I agree, I for one am happy to say that the coyotes are the reason that I started playing hockey. Growth of the sport in the valley is going to be interesting to see what's going to happen.

Old
05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post

Good luck to all.
Exact same reason I signed.

Old
05-05-2009, 08:30 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indczn View Post
I signed a better petition, I renewed my tickets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcillo13 View Post
And I also renewed my season tickets, a while ago.
Hope you guys didn't pay in full up front.

Old
05-05-2009, 08:56 PM
gooseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
Hope you guys didn't pay in full up front.
If $250M has been offered for a franchise that would likely not be worth over $125M if they were not filing for bankruptcy protection, then there is not a petition in the world that will save them. Depending on what the terms of their lease is, they will be sold and moved unless the league ponies up, and I cannot see that happening.

Old
05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman View Post
If $250M has been offered for a franchise that would likely not be worth over $125M if they were not filing for bankruptcy protection, then there is not a petition in the world that will save them. Depending on what the terms of their lease is, they will be sold and moved unless the league ponies up, and I cannot see that happening.
Agreed ... I take the money, run, and never look back.

Old
05-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Wheels

Quote:
Correct. People forget that being bankrupt or insolvent means you are unable to pay your bills as they come due. Your overall assets outweigh your liabilities - you owe more than you have.

I'm sure the Coyotes have tons of major corporate creditors to whom they owe a ton of dough beyond just the NHL itself.

The court's *responsibility* to these creditors is to try to find a way to maximize their recovery in a situation of bankruptcy. If you're company ABC, and one offer will see you paid $.80 for every $1 you are owed, and another offer will see you paid $.20 for every $1 you are owed, the court's duty is to pick the offer where creditors get the 80 cents on their dollar.

The fact that this is a pro sports team may have ramifications only in that the NHL is a quasi-monopoly (i.e. membership to the club is restricted) but I don't see how they could force a court to choose a smaller offer to keep the team in Phoenix.

Old
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
gooseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
Agreed ... I take the money, run, and never look back.
More to it, once you file for bankruptcy, to tell the courts that you can't pay your creditors, but you want to turn down an offer that would more than bail you out is not going to fly very well with the courts. That is all assuming that they filed (I would call a given as any time I have seen the league take even partial control of a team it has either been criminal indictments or bankruptcy), and that the offer is really there. I just cannot see they rest of the league stepping in to save a team that could not even improve their attendance with a new arena. I am afraid it is a case of taking a city that was a successful minor league city and assuming they would be a big league city. I see they same thing every time Las Vegas is brought up, but they were not even a remotely strong IHL city.

Old
05-05-2009, 09:37 PM
AZCOYOT

Facebook group I cooked up: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=77971569444

Old
05-05-2009, 09:38 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
More to it, once you file for bankruptcy, to tell the courts that you can't pay your creditors, but you want to turn down an offer that would more than bail you out is not going to fly very well with the courts. That is all assuming that they filed (I would call a given as any time I have seen the league take even partial control of a team it has either been criminal indictments or bankruptcy), and that the offer is really there. I just cannot see they rest of the league stepping in to save a team that could not even improve their attendance with a new arena. I am afraid it is a case of taking a city that was a successful minor league city and assuming they would be a big league city. I see they same thing every time Las Vegas is brought up, but they were not even a remotely strong IHL city.
Where did you get that? Attendance was up this year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/s...enix%20coyotes

Old
05-05-2009, 10:04 PM
gooseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Where did you get that? Attendance was up this year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/s...enix%20coyotes
08-09: 14,875
07-08: 14,820
06-07: 14,988
05-06: 15,596
03-04: 15,467
02-03: 13,229
01-02: 13,165
00-01: 14,224

Up by 55 per game over last year. Down by 113 from the year before, and so on. That does not account for the loss of corporate sponsors (and luxury boxes). Of the last 8 seasons, only 05-06 were they out of the bottom 10 in the league, and 5 they were in the bottom five of the league. No, a new arena did not help attendance.

The other teams in the bottom four this year, and most years, are The Isles, Thrashers, and Preds. I would not be at all opposed to moving all three of them as well. The only one I would hesitate on are the Isles due to history, but there are too many teams in too small of an area when you have places like Seattle, Portland, Winnipeg, that are begging for teams.

Last edited by gooseman: 05-05-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Closed Thread