HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit/Chi

Old
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
massivegoonery

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
Excuse me, have you not seen him skate? Long strides, insane center of gravity, great flow. You think speed = good skater? Man some people...you ever even played a game of hockey before, bud?
Since when does "good skater" equal "one of the best in the league?" He's a good skater for his size. Sharp is better.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 01:47 PM
shadow1

What an absolutely godawful proposal.

Chicago gives up their best goal scorer and a guy who's on the brink of becoming a premier power forward, and in return receive a ******* 3rd liner and a guy Pittsburgh must be kicking themselves about for drafting before Toews.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 02:05 PM
AC Le Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Since when does "good skater" equal "one of the best in the league?" He's a good skater for his size. Sharp is better.
Sharp is better? Homer

AC Le Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 04:32 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post

Chicago gives up their best goal scorer and a guy who's on the brink of becoming a premier power forward, and in return receive a ******* 3rd liner and a guy Pittsburgh must be kicking themselves about for drafting before Toews.
I'm pretty sure Pens are fine with there choice,its a marathon not a sprint.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post

While I agree the Hawks don't do the deal - I don't see either Ladd or Buff as a "premier power forward", and Staal would fit in awfully nice on the team if they can't resign Sammi Pahlsson.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 09:28 PM
tooocoool

staal + 2nd vs bolland + beach
this is fair

tooocoool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 09:48 PM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooocoool View Post
staal + 2nd vs bolland + beach
this is fair
Why does Chicago do this? The upgrade from Bolland to Staal is not worth Beach. The late 2nd is meaningless.

The disrespect shown Bolland here is amazing.

I think this earlier post pretty much covers it.

""""If the Hawks feel Beach is ready they may move a forward to make room. My guess is that will most likely be either Ladd or Brouwer.
I also think they wait a bit before pulling the trigger to make sure they can sign Pahlsson. If they can't they will be in the market for a 3rd line center making 2 mill or less.""""

That of course is dependent on Havlat resigning which the press clippings I have been reading say will happen with some kind of Zetterberg type deal with lots of extra years added (that the players retires for) to lower the cap hit. Tallon wants him back and Havlat is said to be willing to "work" to make it happen.
If however Havlat leaves I don't see Chicago moving a forward at all while simply adding Beach, Skille or Makarov (whoever wins the battle in camp).

This is crazy though. In the last year at least once a month there have been Staal to Chicago threads all started by Pittsburgh fans then they all claim how great he is. On this thread he is pegged as a #1. If this is in fact true then move Malkin or Crosby to solve your winger problem.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 06:27 AM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevard View Post
Why does Chicago do this? The upgrade from Bolland to Staal is not worth Beach. The late 2nd is meaningless.

The disrespect shown Bolland here is amazing.

I think this earlier post pretty much covers it.

""""If the Hawks feel Beach is ready they may move a forward to make room. My guess is that will most likely be either Ladd or Brouwer.
I also think they wait a bit before pulling the trigger to make sure they can sign Pahlsson. If they can't they will be in the market for a 3rd line center making 2 mill or less.""""

That of course is dependent on Havlat resigning which the press clippings I have been reading say will happen with some kind of Zetterberg type deal with lots of extra years added (that the players retires for) to lower the cap hit. Tallon wants him back and Havlat is said to be willing to "work" to make it happen.
If however Havlat leaves I don't see Chicago moving a forward at all while simply adding Beach, Skille or Makarov (whoever wins the battle in camp).

This is crazy though. In the last year at least once a month there have been Staal to Chicago threads all started by Pittsburgh fans then they all claim how great he is. On this thread he is pegged as a #1. If this is in fact true then move Malkin or Crosby to solve your winger problem.
That is a lie there have been a few Staal to Chicago threads started by Chicago fans.To be honest this has been the worse thread so far,previously we got much closer to the value in the other threads.

wej20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2009, 07:29 AM
brevard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
That is a lie there have been a few Staal to Chicago threads started by Chicago fans.To be honest this has been the worse thread so far,previously we got much closer to the value in the other threads.
Therein lies the problem. People here think if you match up player(s) from one team with player(s) from another and find they are about equal value then it is a good trade.
There is no need for Staal in Chicago, the Hawks have someone doing the job he would do about as well as he would do it. Why in the world would they move a 30 goal scoring winger to get another one of what they already have.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote