HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best Burgers In Vancouver?

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2009, 06:48 PM
LongRoad

vCash: 500
Chalk up another one for Spitz on Main Street (@26th or 27th I think).

Old
05-01-2009, 06:49 PM
YogiCanucks

You know, I have to say it Wendy's burgers aren't to shabby either. One of the few, Fastfood Chains I'd actually like to get a burger from.

Old
05-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Taco Fingerhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonisticAltruism View Post
Best I've ever had was at Feenie's. $15 with fries and for another $30 you could add foie gras. Not that I could've afforded that! Too bad he it tanked with Lumiere.

Vera's is decent... I keep wanting to go to Moderne Burger but it seems perpetually under construction - I assume it actually is open these days?
I rocked the Foie Gras Feenieburger once. I felt like a pimp eating a $50 burger.

Old
05-01-2009, 07:03 PM
The Jester

I went to Moderne Burger and thought it was a solid burger, but nothing spectacular in my opinion. I thought it was about as good as Vera's and whitespot (both of which are also solid). I personally thought the shakes at Moderne Burger were better than the burger itself. Another solid but not spectacular burger is at the Red Onion near 41st and Arbutus I believe (although the hot dog there is much better).

I personally prefer gourmet burgers and so I really enjoyed Feenie's burger and thought it was the best I have had in Vancouver. This was all before the restaurant changed chefs so I am not sure as to how good it is anymore.

The overall best burger I had was in New York City however. Some guy who is a steak house owner opens up a burger shack in the park during the summer. The lineups can be about an hour long, but the burgers are to die for. So if you ever go to NYC, keep that in mind

Old
05-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Wayne Maki

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
I personally prefer gourmet burgers and so I really enjoyed Feenie's burger and thought it was the best I have had in Vancouver. This was all before the restaurant changed chefs so I am not sure as to how good it is anymore.
Feenie's was great. I went to db the second day it opened and had their burger. It wasn't my favourite. The patty is about three inches tall and stuffed with truffles and fois gras.

Old
05-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

lol, I saw this thread and thought I'd be the only one to suggest Modern Burger...

Modern Burger is WAY better than Vera's or Fat Burger.

Old
05-01-2009, 07:28 PM
brianp

"You can't Beat Vera's Meat"

Old
05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
I went to Moderne Burger and thought it was a solid burger, but nothing spectacular in my opinion. I thought it was about as good as Vera's and whitespot (both of which are also solid). I personally thought the shakes at Moderne Burger were better than the burger itself. Another solid but not spectacular burger is at the Red Onion near 41st and Arbutus I believe (although the hot dog there is much better).

The overall best burger I had was in New York City however. Some guy who is a steak house owner opens up a burger shack in the park during the summer. The lineups can be about an hour long, but the burgers are to die for. So if you ever go to NYC, keep that in mind
41st and eastside of west boulevard.

Old
05-01-2009, 07:47 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

1. Vera's
2. Burger Heaven in New Westminster
3. Go to any small cafe owned by an Asian family and they'll give you an amazing burger. I'm serious - I've never had a bad burger made by an Asian-family-owned cafe. It's a bulletproof last ditch effort.

edit: I'm the only one to mention Burger Heaven? What the hell!

Old
05-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Heske_44

Red Robin does make a mean burger outside of fast food and I will loop Triple O's/White Spot into a fast food burger.

Old
05-01-2009, 07:52 PM
bipolarhabfan

My favs have always been White Spot and Red Robin. I have also tried the beef burger at Burgers Etc. on Gilmore and Hastings and was not too impressed

Have to try Veras and Moderne in the near future for sure with the all the positive reviews in this thread.

Old
05-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Tb0ne

Send a message via MSN to Tb0ne
Quite a few people swear by this burger joint on West Broadway, not far from the Granville intersection (Moderne Burger? sorry I can't remember the exact name). I had the Canucks burger there and while it was decent I've had far far better. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing?

If you're ever on the Sunshine Coast (Gibsons specifically) try Pack Rat Louie's Bacon Burger, while I'm not sure if it is as good as it used to be there was a time when it was easily the best burger I had eaten at a restaurant (I have my own recipe now that kills any restaurant burger I've had).

Last edited by Tb0ne: 05-01-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old
05-01-2009, 08:03 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Moderne Burger for sure. The problem is that it has been periodically closed for months at a time. Now that they've expanded and taken over the unit next door, I'd expect fewer closures.

Vera's and White Spot are good alternatives.

Old
05-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Heske_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Moderne Burger for sure. The problem is that it has been periodically closed for months at a time. Now that they've expanded and taken over the unit next door, I'd expect fewer closures.

Vera's and White Spot are good alternatives.

Why are they closed so often? For a restaurant to do that so often that normally would raise some red flags about eating there let alone crowning the champ.

Just curious...

Old
05-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Hollywood Burrows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heske_44 View Post
Why are they closed so often? For a restaurant to do that so often that normal would raise some red flags about eating there let alone crowning the champ.

Just curious...
It was only closed because they were expanding it, they doubled the size of the store and it was a major operation. I've eaten there a bunch and it's a clean, well run place. Definitely a superior burger.

Old
05-01-2009, 08:29 PM
LeftCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity Millionaires View Post
I, too live 10 minutes away from there . . . I wonder how often I see you rolling through the neighbourhood?

Vera's is great.

Splitz Grill on Main is also supposed to dominate the Burger competition, though i have yet to eat there.
Splitz is great - on Main Street next to Sawazdee. They also have their original location in Whistler.

Vera's is also very good.

Old
05-01-2009, 09:00 PM
YogiCanucks

I'd say Dominoes has the best delivery pizza.......... wut?

Old
05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
CallMeJerry

I heard a lot of hype on Moderne Burger. When I finally went it was disappointing as hell. The burger had NO SEASONING. At all. You season food. It's one of the basics of cooking. If people like that more power to them but to those who enjoy flavour when eating, stay away. The 50's decor is great but...

Feenie's was great. Since Feenie went to Cactus Club, "The Burger" at Cactus Club is basically the Feenie Burger.

The burger at Hamilton Street Grill is outstanding. It's a steakhouse and they grind the meat on premises.

But I'm a BC boy, so you can't beat the White Spot burger - Monty Mushroom for me but as long as there's plenty of triple O, you can't go wrong. Note: I don't mean that fast food version "Triple O's", I mean the real "White Spot".

Old
05-01-2009, 09:39 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJerry View Post
I heard a lot of hype on Moderne Burger. When I finally went it was disappointing as hell. The burger had NO SEASONING. At all. You season food. It's one of the basics of cooking. If people like that more power to them but to those who enjoy flavour when eating, stay away. The 50's decor is great but...

Feenie's was great. Since Feenie went to Cactus Club, "The Burger" at Cactus Club is basically the Feenie Burger.

The burger at Hamilton Street Grill is outstanding. It's a steakhouse and they grind the meat on premises.

But I'm a BC boy, so you can't beat the White Spot burger - Monty Mushroom for me but as long as there's plenty of triple O, you can't go wrong. Note: I don't mean that fast food version "Triple O's", I mean the real "White Spot".
Didn't think I'd ever see people so fired up about Burgers. BUT I LOVE IT!! White Spot can take it to the house with enough Triple O.

Old
05-01-2009, 09:54 PM
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJerry View Post

I felt somewhat this way with Modern Burger as well. Still thought it was solid, but like I said earlier, nothing spectacular. Another burger place I enjoyed is Burger's Etc on Hastings near Gilmore.

Old
05-01-2009, 09:55 PM
dittohead

Vera's is great. I love Red Robin's and White Spot/Triple O's as more fast food alternatives.

But.... the best unfortunately is not in Vancouver. The best burger I have ever had was the Cheeseburger in Paradise from Margaritaville in Las Vegas. For anyone one who has the opportunity to try one I strongly recommend it.

Old
05-01-2009, 10:00 PM
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dittohead View Post
Vera's is great. I love Red Robin's and White Spot/Triple O's as more fast food alternatives.

But.... the best unfortunately is not in Vancouver. The best burger I have ever had was the Cheeseburger in Paradise from Margaritaville in Las Vegas. For anyone one who has the opportunity to try one I strongly recommend it.
Is that place good? I go to Vegas a lot and pass by Margaritaville walking back to my hotel all the time, but never had a meal there. I have had some great burgers in Vegas (and the food in general down there is fantastic). Burger Bar in Mandalay Bay I really liked. You get your choice of meat (angus steak, kobe beef etc) and huge selection of topping including expensive ones like lobster tails and truffles. Burger Brasserie in the Paris is solid as well although I thought the Burger Bar was better overall (Burger Brasserie had better homemade buns though). The best burger I had though was at Emeril's Table 10 in the Palazzo. Fairly priced at lunch and comes with some very good fries.

Old
05-01-2009, 10:05 PM
VanCity Millionaires

vCash: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
There are quite a few wheelchairers around here.
I guess I better start asking them all "do you moderate and execute online posters as a hobby".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
1. Vera's
2. Burger Heaven in New Westminster
3. Go to any small cafe owned by an Asian family and they'll give you an amazing burger. I'm serious - I've never had a bad burger made by an Asian-family-owned cafe. It's a bulletproof last ditch effort.

edit: I'm the only one to mention Burger Heaven? What the hell!
I totally forgot about his place. When I was young, and lived in New West, this place was definately a favourite. But now, just too far to go . . .

Old
05-01-2009, 10:08 PM
ChemicalHansen

Send a message via Skype™ to ChemicalHansen
Does anyone know of any restaurant that serves burgers and delivers?

Yes, the power of suggestion in this thread affected me.

Old
05-01-2009, 10:10 PM
YogiCanucks

I think Fresh Beef is a VERY underrated part of a burger... surprisingly.

Closed Thread