HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Trading the Top 11 Immovable Contracts

Old
05-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Salvage21

vCash: 500
I would love Drury to Chicago for Campbell, but it would never happen.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
you mean overated ? yea 7 mill next year.. thats crazy
Was the joke that far over your head? I'd explain it to you, but I see where you're from and realize I'd have to be unemployed and trashed on cronic to make any sense to you.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 11:19 AM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
I would love Drury to Chicago for Campbell, but it would never happen.
You're right, the Rangers don't need more overpriced Dmen. The future on D for the Rangers is Staal, Girardi, DZ, Sang, Gilroy, and Sauer. This is also with the Rangers having an unmovable contract in Redden. I still think Rozi has some value and can be traded but if I'm wrong, you can add him to the list too.

coolbean04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 12:44 PM
embracedbias

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty2 View Post
I hope you're not asking a serious question...

Are you asking me if Thornton - Carter - Richards is better down the middle than Malkin - Crosby - Staal? I'm pretty confident that Richards - Carter - Giroux can keep up and compete with Malkin - Crosby - Staal, and even while Richards and Carter aren't as good offensively as Crosby and Malkin they are more solid defensively and Giroux is as good defensively as Staal while bringing more offensive potential. Thornton puts the Flyers over the top down the middle.

Gagne, Hartnell, Lupul/Knuble, and Giroux are quality top 6 wingers. Better than anything Pittsburgh has or will have.

Boston has a solid group of wingers obviously, but the Flyers are also very good on the outsides.

I'm confident in our offense. Our defense and goaltending is a whole other story.
Seriously? Thornton - Carter - Richards can compete with Malkin - Crosby - Staal quite easily, yes. I think you might be forgetting that Malkin and Crosby are 2 of the 3 best players in the league. Don't get me wrong, Richards is one of my favorite players... but take it easy on the homerism here man. Giroux is not as good defensively as Staal. That is ridiculous.

"Better than anything Pittsburgh has or will have."

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Its too bad that the 1st round loss didn't humble you at all.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
You're right, the Rangers don't need more overpriced Dmen. The future on D for the Rangers is Staal, Girardi, DZ, Sang, Gilroy, and Sauer.
So in essence, you're saying, its better to wait it out until Drury is an UFA, or until some other team agrees to be the dumping ground for him. But what if the fee for dumping is one of those future D-men you listed above?

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 02:37 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Seriously? Thornton - Carter - Richards can compete with Malkin - Crosby - Staal quite easily, yes. I think you might be forgetting that Malkin and Crosby are 2 of the 3 best players in the league. Don't get me wrong, Richards is one of my favorite players... but take it easy on the homerism here man. Giroux is not as good defensively as Staal. That is ridiculous.

"Better than anything Pittsburgh has or will have."

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Its too bad that the 1st round loss didn't humble you at all.
Take off those terrible powder blue glasses you're wearing for just one second. This is the scenario:

Penguins are relatively close to the cap ceiling. They're losing quite a few players to free agency, but Malkin and Staal together are getting raises that are equal in total to Briere's salary cap hit. That's adding $6.5m in salary without adding $6.5m in production. On top of that a lot of that money comes from Guerin, Fedotenko, and Sykora leaving you with only one of your top 6 wingers and about enough room offensively to choose to re-sign one of those three. On top of that you have defenders leaving (about $4.00m worth), but Goligoski needs a new contract and is coming off his ELC.

Basically if you thought Fedotenko and Satan were bad for top 6 wingers...if the Penguins don't move somebody it could be a long time before they have any kind of depth at the winger position. I can get more into depth with the Penguins' issues, but that's the basic gist of it.

Also:
-Richards - Carter - Giroux can compete with Crosby - Malkin - Staal. May not be better technically because of Malkin and Crosby's offensive production, but give it til the end of next year when Giroux has had a full season at the NHL level. Staal didn't even put up Lupul numbers this season.

-And yes Giroux is as good defensively as Staal. In fact Richards, Carter, and Giroux all are.

I'm not bitter at all. Those are the facts. It's not me who is being a homer.

twenty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 02:40 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsInsideOut View Post
I don't think Bergeron has that bad of a contract
no, bergeron, richards, lecavalier, and jovanovski will all be able to be moved... the players are good enough to warrant working a deal...

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 02:45 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora View Post
no, bergeron, richards, lecavalier, and jovanovski will all be able to be moved... the players are good enough to warrant working a deal...
But when it comes to Briere...$6.5m is far too much to pay for a point per game center...

Old
05-03-2009, 02:51 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
i don't think you get as much with briere than you do with those others..

but when philly trades briere for something great, save this post so you can pm me

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 03:18 PM
jessebelanger

Where do you get this idea that Briere is a point per game center?

I suppose he was a PPG when he was in the Q..

jessebelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Vitto79

I dont think Fischer is horrific and Lecavalier is a top player and tons of teams would want him

What teams have tons of cap space?

Montreal will and I could see them taking Gomez

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 03:57 PM
MountainGoat
Re-sign Jagr

Rolston should be on that list - 35 years old 3 more years at 5 mil

MountainGoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 04:12 PM
twenty2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessebelanger View Post

Since the lockout:

237 GP - 99 G - 151 A - 250 P - 1.05 PPG

Where do you get the idea that he's not...

Jesus christ.

Old
05-03-2009, 05:27 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
you mean overated ? yea 7 mill next year.. thats crazy
Can you name the 9 centers who face the other teams best and outscore them at an elite 1 goal every 9 games. Plus had .75 points per game or better the last two years. What do they make for the next 6 years.

Datsyuk---1.19PPG---6.7M---5years then UFA
S. Crosby---1.35PPG---8.6M---4years then UFA
E. Malkin---1.35PPG---8.7M---5Years Then UFA
J. Thorton---1.11PPG---7.2M---2Years then UFA
M. Richards---1.02---6.7M---6years still under contract.
E. Stall---.96---8.1M---6years then one more year at 9.5M
H. Sedin---.96---To be asking 6.5-7M next year.
J. carter---.84---5.25M next two years then RFA. Cha Ching
S. Horcoff---.78---5.5M next 6Years then UFA.

While most people do not apprecite horcoffs defensive intangibles these 9 centers beat the best.

There is a young man that will be part of the group next year.
Travis Zajac NJ RFA .76PPG Does jersey have 5M for him.

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 05:27 PM
phlocky

Quote:

I guess since you have just joined in February and have less than 300 posts that we should give you a break for either not being able to read or for not being able to do 30 seconds of research on the internet. But it's ok, keep speaking out the backside, many on here do. They love to make up stuff and honestly believe it to be fact in their little fantasy world.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 05:34 PM
jessebelanger

his stats..473 points in 591 games

2 of 11 seasons at a point per game

1 of 11 seasons at a point per game over more then 48 games

from a point total perspective, which is the focal point of your homerism, Briere looks like a Marc Savard-light, who is a cap hit of $5 million and isn't signed on for another 6 years.

Your defense of Briere's contract is laughable - there is no doubt he is a great player, and would be welcomed on most teams in the league. His contract, on the other hand, is an abomination - both in terms of salary and length.

I am not sure what your attachment is to his contract - it is not a shot at Briere that he is overpaid, nor is it a shot at the GM - the Flyers paid what they felt they needed to to secure Briere long term. However, the reality is that he is overpaid and signed on for way too long - this is a contract that is going to be very difficult to move.

jessebelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 05:36 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Horcoff's contract is horrible....what was Lowe thinking with that one?
See post #64. It will help you with your lack of understanding how to beat the other teams.

Old
05-03-2009, 05:38 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
So in essence, you're saying, its better to wait it out until Drury is an UFA, or until some other team agrees to be the dumping ground for him. But what if the fee for dumping is one of those future D-men you listed above?
I dont think Drury is the problem in NY. He is what he is, he does all the little things a team needs. Plus he only has 3 more years at this price, Gomez, Redden and Rozsival are more the problem.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 05:39 PM
oilerbear

Quote:

from a point total perspective, which is the focal point of your homerism, Briere looks like a Marc Savard-light, who is a cap hit of $5 million and isn't signed on for another 6 years.

Your defense of Briere's contract is laughable - there is no doubt he is a great player, and would be welcomed on most teams in the league. His contract, on the other hand, is an abomination - both in terms of salary and length.
Looking at point totals pre lockout is silly. Point totals in context of the current style of game has the only value.

Old
05-03-2009, 05:39 PM
NYR Viper

What about something like this?

Rozsival to Dallas for a 2nd 09 and 3rd '10

Gomez+Byers+3rd'10(Dallas) for Souray and Penner

Edmonton would save some cap space and the Rangers add some size and a point shot to replace Rozsival.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 05:46 PM
twenty2

Quote:

I am not sure what your attachment is to his contract - it is not a shot at Briere that he is overpaid, nor is it a shot at the GM - the Flyers paid what they felt they needed to to secure Briere long term. However, the reality is that he is overpaid and signed on for way too long - this is a contract that is going to be very difficult to move.
Your answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Looking at point totals pre lockout is silly. Point totals in context of the current style of game has the only value.
If calling Briere a point per game player makes me a homer then 99% of HF is homer towards the Flyers, even most of the Penguins fans.

Old
05-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
What about something like this?

Rozsival to Dallas for a 2nd 09 and 3rd '10

Gomez+Byers+3rd'10(Dallas) for Souray and Penner

Edmonton would save some cap space and the Rangers add some size and a point shot to replace Rozsival.
We can't afford Rozsival. You'll need to take salary back but the Stars don't have any salary they want to dump. Jackson won't take any long-term contracts at the moment considering the Stars young defense will become RFAs

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 11:57 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Briere is a quality player who earn's his money when healthy. He's going to be hard to trade because of those health problems compounded by a lengthy contract. But he's compelling enough that PHI will find a buyer. PHI will have take some lame contract back (just not as big a cap hit as DB) still giving them the flexibility to shore up some positions not as strong as their group of forwards. Thats' my official prediction

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 07:18 AM
mydnyte

how about Penner??

...I'll say this player is VERY tradeable, but Jordan Staal is overpaid!

Last edited by mydnyte: 05-04-2009 at 07:24 AM.
mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 08:04 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Yeah as much as I love watching DiPi play,that contract's an albatross(sp) with his recent injuries.
yeah def have to agree. IF he was healthy, or gets healthy for that matter, the contract could be very good...depending on his level of play. 4.5 per for an all-star caliber goalie isnt a bad deal...but he just hasnt played, therefore its been awful.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote