Previous Meetings this year: (1-1-1-0) Last Game:Mar 19th, 2004 - Habs 1, Devils 1
Gentlemen, start your engines !The second game of the back to back Devils/habs serie Faceoffs tonight. Garon stole the show in East Rutherford and Theodore will have the task to do exactly the same. Brodeur will want to get his 400th win in his hometown and the habs will have much to do stop him from doing so. I'll just give you some advice for tonight's game... Buy some beer, order pizza, and follow the game with the corner of the eye while concentrating on the beer... The game might be quite long, The goalies quite good, and the score quite low...
the habs still are sitting 2 points back of the devils, both battling for the 6th spot on the eastern's conference ranking.
News, notes and Quotes:
- The habs are on an impressive streak of 10 wins in 13 games (including 1 OTL and a tie.).
- Beginning a four-game road trip, the Devils are looking to extend their unbeaten streak to four games.
- Yesterday's 3 stars: Mathieu Garon, Jay Pandolfo, Martin Brodeur
- Do you guys know why Brodeur wasn't in the net against the pens? well simply because New Jersey wanted him to get his 400th win against his hometown club... he failed to do that yesterday and i hope he fails tonight as well.
- For the devils, Niedermayer and Martin played for a combined 60 mn.
- all the habs' defensemen played for more than 20 mn each except Dykhuis who played for 12mn.
- Komisarek played a great game. He is becoming a very solid defenseman but yet with some little mistakes that i believe will soon fade.
- Garon was simply magic yesterday as he robbed some goals.
- the posts did their share of goaltending especially during the end of the game.
- Brisebois is expected to miss tonight's game as well because of lingering groin issues
- Our dear Sheldon was back in the line up after missing 17 games, he played for 25 mn.
- Theodore will be back in front of the nets.
- Brodeur said of Garon: ``He played well the whole game and made some incredible saves. He got a little lucky at the end with a post. That's the way it goes. You don't expect to clinch every time on the first try.''
- and his counterpart said of Brodeur:``Playing against Marty Brodeur, you're not allowed to make any mistakes because he's not going to give up many goals''
- P. Brisebois D
-March 16th, 2004. - Groin - Day to day
Great work as per usual... though can i ask you a question...???? when do you sleep???? hahahaha
as for tonites game... its a W for the Habs... we've tried them, we've tested them, they now shall be found wanting!!!!!!
I gotta agree... great GDTs always! I will go so far as to say 4-2 Montreal (with an empty netter). Looks like we have the "real" lineup in, which should mean some goals. The last one was a goodie, and this should be better! I'd love to be in Montreal right now (I WAS there 3 weeks ago, and boy is that a fun city...) so I could go to the game.
I don't know what game NJ is playing but it certainly isn't hockey. God I hate them. The fact that they are permitted to win disgusts me. I would rather watch the Habs lose 3-1 in a good game than this horsepoop from NJ. Why I ask, Why!!!?