Notices

Interesting Discussion - BOS vs DET

Old
05-03-2009, 05:59 PM
howaryuh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
The west is just a crazy physical war, I don`t know why, but I just can`t see the Nucks going to the finals, they had a relatively easy first round series but...I just don`t like their inability to bury teams when ahead, holding a lead against a team like St. Louis is much different than doing the same against the Hawks.

I am in a pool, a terribly disorganized one and a pool with absolutely no rhyme or reason. On trade deadline day, 20 of us get together, pick a) our players for the playoffs for our team, this despite not knowing 100% which teams make it, and b) Cup finalists for whom you receive a bonus 50 pts(again, no rhyme or reason for the number) for picking the cup finalists.

Being biased and believing that this Bruin team is just plain deeper than any other team in the East and more importantly the most defensively sound, I picked them in the East.

In the West, I picked the Hawks, why?? I just thought, having watched them play all year, that they have this attitude that they believe they truly belong in the conversation when talk of Cup finalists take place. They do not display at all that they are intimidated and awstruck at the fact it`s playoff time and they have limited playoff tested players. I don`t know, so far so good for me, I just think that the Hawks will not be nearly as physically beat up as either the Wings or the Ducks, I think they have so many young legs that stamina won`t be a question mark, and I think they have enough fire power to do exactly what they have done, come back in any game just when you thought it was over.

I, like many others, admire the Wings, it`s an organization who does it right, from top to bottom, they are deep, they are tough and gritty for a team who isn`t full of scrappers in the true sense, but I also think, this is the year for one of the younger teams to come to the forefront and make some very serious noise. In the East, the B`s not the Caps will be our representatives, and in the West, I am still sticking with the Hawks, what a blast of a team to watch.
The reasoning behind the Canucks being my choice is the twins and Luongo, but what did they do last night? I do like watching the Hawks, exciting brand of hockey they play, right on the edge with lots of speed and excellent plays. The West is tough.
And agree, the Wings organization is a model to take note of. In some ways I think Chia looks to what they do as he plans things out. Reminds of the Peterborough Petes some time ago in the OHL, consistently having good seasons, producing good players and looking at things with more than just a business perspective. Many OHL teams tried to emulate that.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote