HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

GDT 5/3 • Switzerland 1, Sweden 4

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2009, 03:09 PM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kjell View Post
Bad teams can occasionally play well when they are ahead. Bad teams always play bad when they are behind.
I agree with you. It has nothing to do with mental weakness, it has something to do that we are way inferior than a team like Sweden. As somebody said, there are probably two of our guys who would find a place on the swedish team, one being Streit.

How do you want to win games if most of your team is much weaker than the opponent? Yeah, you may win some occasionally games but you never will win games when it matters, especially against big teams. Oh, and having a coach like Krueger does not help you either.

Old
05-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Swissfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kjell View Post
Bad teams can occasionally play well when they are ahead. Bad teams always play bad when they are behind.
Against Russia we gaved the first goal and then we scored 2 on PP. We keeped the game plan.

Against Latvia we have dominated the game, without results. I think this hitted our confidence.

Today it was our most important game, and we came with our worst effort. I don't think this could only be explained by "it's a bad team", sure we have not the same talents of others teams, but i cannot believe this is all we can give.

Why are we not able to bring our A game when it counts?

Old
05-03-2009, 03:44 PM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissfan79 View Post
Against Russia we gaved the first goal and then we scored 2 on PP. We keeped the game plan.

Against Latvia we have dominated the game, without results. I think this hitted our confidence.

Today it was our most important game, and we came with our worst effort. I don't think this could only be explained by "it's a bad team", sure we have not the same talents of others teams, but i cannot believe this is all we can give.

Why are we not able to bring our A game when it counts?
Maybe Sweden was simple better today?? It seems like you think Switzerland is better team than what it is. This was a important game for Sweden too and when it really matters the big teams usually wins. Switzerland wasn't good enough.

Old
05-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Swissfan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by STHLM View Post
Maybe Sweden was simple better today?? It seems like you think Switzerland is better team than what it is. This was a important game for Sweden too and when it really matters the big teams usually wins. Switzerland wasn't good enough.
I agree, as i said before, btw Sweden is better. But at least i thought we can compete. 8 shots in the first 2 periods??

Old
05-03-2009, 03:58 PM
STHLM*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissfan79 View Post
I agree, as i said before, btw Sweden is better. But at least i thought we can compete. 8 shots in the first 2 periods??

Yes, I expected a closer game. I agree on this. I expected OT.

Old
05-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Raymones

Kind of a boring game, but the win was dearly needed. Never got really exciting though.

Can anybody tell me why Strålman didn't get an assist for that beautiful breakaway pass to Persson on the last goal? If it was the NHL, he would have for sure.

According to me, he should have had one for passing it to Omark (who then passed it to Thörnberg who passed it back to Omark) on the third goal too.

Are there different rule for secondary assists at the international level?

Old
05-03-2009, 09:25 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

How was Anton Stralman overall in the game ?

Old
05-03-2009, 09:41 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
How was Anton Stralman overall in the game ?

Very good and very soft.

Old
05-04-2009, 02:41 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralldog View Post
Kind of a boring game, but the win was dearly needed. Never got really exciting though.

Can anybody tell me why Strålman didn't get an assist for that beautiful breakaway pass to Persson on the last goal? If it was the NHL, he would have for sure.

According to me, he should have had one for passing it to Omark (who then passed it to Thörnberg who passed it back to Omark) on the third goal too.

Are there different rule for secondary assists at the international level?
The rules are the same but NHL award ridicolous assists sometimes.

Old
05-04-2009, 04:00 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
The rules are the same but NHL award ridicolous assists sometimes.
Are they the same? Before if there was a rebound they only gave out 1 assist. If there was a give and go they also only awarded 1 assist (in int hockey).

Anyway, the NHL took a decision to always give out 2 assists if it wasn't a clear zero assist play.

Players had bonuses and the agents started becomming really aggressive towards the NHL to make sure their players were awarded with the pts. So instead of putting a ton of resourves and time into it, and create a million of thumbrules for every possible situation -- they started to give out 2 assist on every play.

Old
05-04-2009, 04:20 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Very good and very soft.
Why do you say he's soft, he's winning most battles out there.

Old
05-04-2009, 04:51 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Are they the same? Before if there was a rebound they only gave out 1 assist. If there was a give and go they also only awarded 1 assist (in int hockey).

Anyway, the NHL took a decision to always give out 2 assists if it wasn't a clear zero assist play.

Players had bonuses and the agents started becomming really aggressive towards the NHL to make sure their players were awarded with the pts. So instead of putting a ton of resourves and time into it, and create a million of thumbrules for every possible situation -- they started to give out 2 assist on every play.
Hmm I thought they changed it? Perhaps I remember something I read about it but I might be wrong. Sometimes I read things no one else has seen

Old
05-04-2009, 10:21 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Why do you say he's soft, he's winning most battles out there.

He never hits.

Old
05-05-2009, 02:32 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Hmm I thought they changed it? Perhaps I remember something I read about it but I might be wrong. Sometimes I read things no one else has seen
I know how that is...

You could definitly be right.

Closed Thread