HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

East Semi-Finals|Game 2|"Star Wars ep.2"|Pittsburgh Penguins @ Washington Capitals

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Syrinx
Heh...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by spizzle420 View Post
since I was ridiculously beaten down by 'the man' and can no longer make threads, i'm asking you fellow pens fans what you think i should do tonight.... concerning wearing or not wearing my pens jersey

i bought it before last year's cup finals, wore it for that series, 1 game in december vs mtl (loss), and last game vs wsh

it has a 2-6 record, both wins vs detroit, 1 of them that amazing 3 ot game.... but it also comes with ozzy's first 2 shutouts of the series...

I did not have the jersey with me during the season

do I show faith or give into superstition and not wear it?
I have a hunch that what you wear doesn't have much effect on the outcome of the game. For every action you take, there is an equal and opposite action in Washington and they nullify each other.

Old
05-04-2009, 12:07 PM
LeTANGled58

vCash: 500
Lets hope the pens can steal a win in Washington tonight like this bird just did.

Old
05-04-2009, 12:18 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

What am I suppose to do with all this life between hockey?

Old
05-04-2009, 01:14 PM
CamachoNYR

Whattup boys, Rangers fan here, I come in peace. I jumped on the Pens bandwagon the second the Caps knocked out my Blueshirts. You guys definitely have the juggernaut offense and solid blue line to destroy the Caps. Game 1 was a fluke, Crosby should have buried that wide open net and it would have changed the whole dynamic of the game. Best of luck tonight! Please silence those annoying Caps fans, by far the most b.s. fans in hockey, they didn't exist 2 years ago...

Old
05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Jag68Sid87

Three other series were evened up at 1-1, we need that trend to continue to make it a perfect 4-4.

Score early again, play a little more desperate, get timely goals and saves, and attack the Caps defense continuously. If we do those things, we should come home even up in this series.

Old
05-04-2009, 01:21 PM
WVP

I'd like to see some punishing forechecking tonight (Kunitz, Cooke etc). And a PP goal would be nice.

Old
05-04-2009, 01:49 PM
The Old Master

the cookies (separated) and ice have been delivered! i've done my part now if the pens can start pounding some people....the caps will wilt and fade away.

Old
05-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Til the End of Time

I have an absolutely horrible feeling about the game tonight.

I don't know why. I think I'll be wrong, but you never know.

Hopefully I don't get hit by a car or something instead.

Old
05-04-2009, 02:09 PM
ZapRowsdower13
FROstige Worldwide!

Send a message via AIM to ZapRowsdower13
Quote:
Originally Posted by spizzle420 View Post
since I was ridiculously beaten down by 'the man' and can no longer make threads, i'm asking you fellow pens fans what you think i should do tonight.... concerning wearing or not wearing my pens jersey
1. What in the world did you do?

2. Do you have any idea how funny your post would have been had you said '...concerning wearing or not wearing my pants.' Childish yes, funny....very much so.

3. To respond to the rest of your post wear what makes you feel like the team will win. If in your own mind you belive you're doing something more then by all means do it. That's how I've always seen it. I know no matter what I do during a particular game day it won't actually help the team play better but hey it makes for some good fun and helps to take off some of the pressure waiting for the game to start. So wear it up my man...wear it up.

Great GDT Cadow...love the videos. That Cookie Monster is a crazy one, makes me think of the bit they had on Family Guy with Cookie Monster, ha ha.

Good to see someone put up the Cookie Bunny pic along with a new one...but here's another addition.

Let's Go Pens!

Old
05-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

What do you guys think, is this pretty much a must win-game for the Pens?

Old
05-04-2009, 02:51 PM
gsx capsfan

Send a message via AIM to gsx capsfan Send a message via Yahoo to gsx capsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aislephive View Post
What do you guys think, is this pretty much a must win-game for the Pens?
Are you serious? Not trying to troll here, but a game 2 is not a must win situation.

I remember the playoff series of the 90's, Washington always came out early and got the series lead. Even two 3 - 1 leads, only to lose them. I don't care that the teams are different, history is a b*tch.

I wont feel threatened by the Pens when the series is over.

Old
05-04-2009, 02:53 PM
pucks1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Master View Post
the cookies (separated) and ice have been delivered! i've done my part now if the pens can start pounding some people....the caps will wilt and fade away.
I second this- Coming out hitting sets the tone for the game - would love to see Ovie get caught with a big hit early- but thats easier said that done.

Old
05-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Pens win, 5-2.

Malkin and Crosby both light it up, and Guerin gets a PP goal.

Old
05-04-2009, 03:11 PM
shoplifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsx capsfan View Post
Are you serious? Not trying to troll here, but a game 2 is not a must win situation.

I remember the playoff series of the 90's, Washington always came out early and got the series lead. Even two 3 - 1 leads, only to lose them. I don't care that the teams are different, history is a b*tch.

Gee... I hope its not only me, but I think every game is a 'must win'.

Old
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
WVP

This is merely a "borderline" must-win.

2 from Malkin, 1 from Kunitz, Crosby with 3 assists. 3-2 good guys.

Old
05-04-2009, 03:21 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsx capsfan View Post

I think for the Penguins it is... Caps it isn't. There is a lot of pressure coming back home needing both games. We are one bad bounce from really walking a thin line in this series. You have to think one game will be taken over by Ovy & Semin as well... so yea.. tonight is a must win

However, if we do end up winning tonight, I feel this series will go 7.

Edit: Is there any news for the lineup tonight? I really hope Geno gets some help because we need his goal scoring in this series.

Old
05-04-2009, 03:22 PM
NutCracker

I really hope we win this but I think it's not end of the world if we lose.. Caps didn't look impressive at all in game 1

Crosby will have a big game today, 2+0 at least.

Geno should raise his game to another level though

Old
05-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Killiecrankie*

Watching the second round, it is easily apparant the the Penguins and the Capitals are the two worst teams left in the playoffs. The Caps are completely top heavy and lack defense and grinder depth.

The Penguins have excellent bottom two lines, good goal keeping, but have a porous blueline and the weakest set of top six wingers that made the top 16 to begin with. Our offense is so inconsistent because we have zero wingers for our superstars. Watching Geno skate around with Fedex and Sykora is criminally negligence by Ray Shero.

Kunitz is merely a good support player. Guerin is horrendous, he is just not able to get where he needs to be on the ice, no wheels left.

Our defense has more holes than swiss cheese. If Gonchar doesn't regain the form of last spring we have no hope of winning this playoff series let alone challenging for a championship.

That being said, we SHOULD beat the Capitals and now is far from a time to panic, and I am not going to look ahead, but we should all be happy we have hockey to watch once again in May and enjoy every game.

Old
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Mr Wu

Here's to Crosby and Malkin dominating like we know they can.

Old
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
shoplifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culloden View Post
Watching the second round, it is easily apparant the the Penguins and the Capitals are the two worst teams left in the playoffs. The Caps are completely top heavy and lack defense and grinder depth.

The Penguins have excellent bottom two lines, good goal keeping, but have a porous blueline and the weakest set of top six wingers that made the top 16 to begin with. Our offense is so inconsistent because we have zero wingers for our superstars. Watching Geno skate around with Fedex and Sykora is criminally negligence by Ray Shero.

Kunitz is merely a good support player. Guerin is horrendous, he is just not able to get where he needs to be on the ice, no wheels left.

Our defense has more holes than swiss cheese. If Gonchar doesn't regain the form of last spring we have no hope of winning this playoff series let alone challenging for a championship.

That being said, we SHOULD beat the Capitals and now is far from a time to panic, and I am not going to look ahead, but we should all be happy we have hockey to watch once again in May and enjoy every game.
Are you trying to last years play-offs were more enjoyable? Because I agree with you if that is what you're saying

Old
05-04-2009, 03:29 PM
NutCracker

Quote:
Watching the second round, it is easily apparant the the Penguins and the Capitals are the two worst teams left in the playoffs.
Imo Anaheim and Chicago are worse than Pens. Vancouver is pretty much at the same level as Pens

Oh and Capitals are worse too. They suck big time

Or did you mean Eastern Conf only?

Old
05-04-2009, 03:31 PM
WVP

I'd say Detroit and Boston are the only two that are "clearly" better than us. There's not too much separation among the other six teams IMO.

Old
05-04-2009, 03:32 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:

I absolutely disagree. We could make a series of it with every team left in the playoffs minus Detroit. Detroit plays a style of game that shuts our north/south hockey down and I think they'd destroy us in 4 or 5 if we played them again in the finals.

I just worry that Bylsma isn't great at in-game adjustments and I think against Detroit you need to approach them differently. Anaheim has figured out a way to have backside support to break Detroit's strong side pressure. I'll worry about breaking that down if by some small chance the rematch actually happens. Right now we are 3 games from exiting the playoffs though...

I digress .. but even Washington could make it a series as long as Varlamov continues to play the way he does. You can't keep Ovy & Semin off the scoreboard every night so he could truly snag a few games away from any opponent.

Old
05-04-2009, 03:32 PM
psu711

LETS DO IT!!!!

Go pens

Old
05-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Killiecrankie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutCracker View Post
Imo Anaheim and Chicago are worse than Pens. Vancouver is pretty much at the same level as Pens

Oh and Capitals are worse too. They suck big time

Or did you ment Eastern Conf only?
That is asinine, the Ducks are probably the best team of the bunch right now. If they had just a little more secondary scoring they would be the hands on favorite. Look at the Ducks blueline: Pronger, Niedermier, Whitney, Beaucheman(spelling), Wisniewski, and Brookbank. That is the most impressive blueline that I have ever personally seen, in fact it is stronger than their cup run. Other than Gonchar, and perhaps Orpik, noone on the penguins defense would be able to take Brookbanks spot. Thats how horrible our defense is.

The Ducks are good.

Chicago has more offensive firepower than any of the teams left; they have three lines that can score. In addition that have two excellent young defenders. Two good goalies, a good coach. They have it all

Van has a solid veteran mix of two way forwards, perhaps the best goalie on the planet, AND a solid defense. Again, if they played in the East they would be the clear cut favorite.

All four teams left out west are capable of beating the Eastern teams, and most likely with ease.

You guys are nuts if you do not see how strong the west especially is. Doesn't mean they will win the cup, but smart money goes on whoever comes out of the western conference to win the cup.

Closed Thread