HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov Options

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2009, 02:46 PM
  #1
echlfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
Radulov Options

There sounds like it is a good chance that Radulov will be back with Nashville next season. I see why you would want to add a prolific scorer like Radulov, but at the cost of adding a trader and a cancer??


What about trying to trade Radulov to Edmonton for Hemsky? Hemsky is locked into a 4.1M avg over the next 3 years which will be cheaper in the long run compared to what Radulov could make next contract. If Legwand and Erat are making 4.5M you could expect Radulov to bring in at least 5M

Sullivan-Arnott-Dumont
Hemsky-Legwand-Erat
Ward-Wilson-Jones
Tootoo-Smithson-Belak
Hornqvist

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Beachemin
Klein-Blum

Rinne
McIntrye

Pretty sick looking squad there!!!

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 03:01 PM
  #2
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Tambellini isn't stupid enough to trade us his team's best forward and only serious scoring threat for Radulov.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
  #3
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
There sounds like it is a good chance that Radulov will be back with Nashville next season.
Where did you hear this? There has been nothing but speculation up to this point, as far as I know.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 07:39 PM
  #4
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
I see why you would want to add a prolific scorer like Radulov, but at the cost of adding a trader and a cancer?
In my opinion, I don't think the players on the team will care one bit adding a potential 25-30+ goal scorer to the forward list.

In my opinion, I don't think the front office will mind adding a potential 25-30+ goal scorer for $918,587.

Radulov coming back is likely the best chance the organization has at upgrading the forward lines this offseason.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 01:40 PM
  #5
echlfreak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
Stranger why don't you ask Dallas how Avery worked out? Another team cancer that sucked with him there and once he was gone improved alot

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 02:26 PM
  #6
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Stranger why don't you ask Dallas how Avery worked out? Another team cancer that sucked with him there and once he was gone improved alot
Avery was far from being Dallas' only problem. They had major defense and goaltending issues for almost the entire first half.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 02:49 PM
  #7
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Stranger why don't you ask Dallas how Avery worked out? Another team cancer that sucked with him there and once he was gone improved alot
And we were good without Radulov this year?

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 03:41 PM
  #8
Webersmashpuck
Registered User
 
Webersmashpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,124
vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
And we were good without Radulov this year?
When we had Sullivan yes, we were one of the better teams in the league.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 03:44 PM
  #9
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,922
vCash: 500
Radulov's mistakes can all be summed up to being young and dumb.

Avery goes out of his way to make enemies.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 04:01 PM
  #10
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
When we had Sullivan yes, we were one of the better teams in the league.
we were an average team this year, with the kids & with sullivan, I'd take Radulov back in a heartbeat

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 08:38 PM
  #11
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
The thing is, no one has proof that Radulov will be a cancer. Could he be, who knows; perhaps.

My opinion is that players realize that it is a business. And if the guys on our team want to win, they'll take an upgrade on the forward lines, because they probably realize that Radulov might be their only chance at upgrading our forwards. For the amount of points he may bring, his salary is amazing.

Look, I'm pissed at the guy for leaving us. But I'd take him back next year because we need his scoring and we will have a hard time being able to afford scoring upgrades imo.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 11:50 PM
  #12
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
The thing is, no one has proof that Radulov will be a cancer. Could he be, who knows; perhaps.

My opinion is that players realize that it is a business. And if the guys on our team want to win, they'll take an upgrade on the forward lines, because they probably realize that Radulov might be their only chance at upgrading our forwards. For the amount of points he may bring, his salary is amazing.

Look, I'm pissed at the guy for leaving us. But I'd take him back next year because we need his scoring and we will have a hard time being able to afford scoring upgrades imo.
agreed

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.