HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposal New Jersey Vs Nashville

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-30-2009, 12:16 PM
  #1
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Proposal New Jersey Vs Nashville

I come in peace so don't go all crazy on my ass if you don't like my proposal. The Devils are in desperate need of a solid d-men to help out Paul Martin. We have alot of #3 and #4 d-men on our roster but that doesn't cut it. You guys have plenty of good d-men that are presently playing in the NHL and several good prospects that are waiting for a spot to shine. I think the main concern for Nashville would be the lack of depth up front, so here goes...


To Nashville

Nicklas Bergfors or Mattias Tedenby (Bergfors is NHL ready and Tedenby is a couple of years away)
Jay Pandolfo (has the same contract as Hamhuis and can help out the Preds on a playoff run)
1st round pick

Vs

To New Jersey

Dan Hamhuis (becomes UFA at the end of next year)
The rights for Alexander Radulov (is he coming back... who knows ?!?!?)


What do you think

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
  #2
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I come in peace so don't go all crazy on my ass if you don't like my proposal. The Devils are in desperate need of a solid d-men to help out Paul Martin. We have alot of #3 and #4 d-men on our roster but that doesn't cut it. You guys have plenty of good d-men that are presently playing in the NHL and several good prospects that are waiting for a spot to shine. I think the main concern for Nashville would be the lack of depth up front, so here goes...


To Nashville

Nicklas Bergfors or Mattias Tedenby (Bergfors is NHL ready and Tedenby is a couple of years away)
Jay Pandolfo (has the same contract as Hamhuis and can help out the Preds on a playoff run)
1st round pick

Vs

To New Jersey

Dan Hamhuis (becomes UFA at the end of next year)
The rights for Alexander Radulov (is he coming back... who knows ?!?!?)


What do you think
With the drafting of Colin Wilson, Ben Ryan, Ryan Thang, etc, etc, etc ... it seems the Predators are adding size throughout the roster, I'd probably do this trade based on the lone fact that it would free up a spot immediately for Jonathan Blum and Alexander Sulzer

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 12:56 PM
  #3
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,255
vCash: 500
I'd be interested.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:01 PM
  #4
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,607
vCash: 500
I'd do it.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
  #5
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,459
vCash: 500
As I said in the trade thread, this is a pretty big "no" from me.

No interest in Pandolfo whatsoever

I'd choose Tedenby over Bergfors

The first appeals to me only if it meant we could package something together to move up in the first and grab Kane, Schenn or MSP.

But...the idea of Radulov coming back probably makes it all moot.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:36 PM
  #6
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,903
vCash: 500
If I'm moving Hamhuis, I want a legit top six forward coming back. Of course I said the same thing with Zidlicky, so who knows.

I see no point in trading Radulov right now. We need to see how he feels about coming back. Trading him right now would be stupid. In a few months, he could be committed to the NHL thus making his value much higher.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 01:40 PM
  #7
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
If I'm moving Hamhuis, I want a legit top six forward coming back. Of course I said the same thing with Zidlicky, so who knows.
Well, Ryan Jones is not exactly a top 6 player but he got a lot of time there. But Nashville might draft one with the 2nd rounder they got. hamhuis is on the last year of his deal which lowers his value.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 03:36 PM
  #8
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Washington
Country: United States
Posts: 12,571
vCash: 500
I'm intrigued by the deal, but I would probably say no because I have zero interest in Pandolfo. How about somebody useful?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 03:51 PM
  #9
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'm intrigued by the deal, but I would probably say no because I have zero interest in Pandolfo. How about somebody useful?
Why not have Pandolfo in place of Ward?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 03:54 PM
  #10
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Washington
Country: United States
Posts: 12,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Why not have Pandolfo in place of Ward?
Because Ward can score goals. Pandolfo is an older, smaller, more expensive Smithson.

Jay is great along the boards, which is a nice asset when looking for a complimentary or role player, but we need someone with more pure skill, even if it's Ward.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 05:19 PM
  #11
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'm intrigued by the deal, but I would probably say no because I have zero interest in Pandolfo. How about somebody useful?
What about Zubrus ??? He's locked for another 4 seasons at 3.4M$ per.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2009, 09:24 PM
  #12
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Washington
Country: United States
Posts: 12,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
What about Zubrus ??? He's locked for another 4 seasons at 3.4M$ per.
That's a big leap in the right direction.

I would do it if we can re-sign Sullivan. If we can't, we'll need to hang on to Radulov, although that's a pretty tempting offer you've put together. We should be able to land a veteran blue liner at a similar salary to Hamhuis this summer who can hold down a spot on the second pairing while Blum, Sulzer, and Klein develop.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2009, 04:21 PM
  #13
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,844
vCash: 500
Poile would consider this if Hamhuis was definitely not going to resign. However, I think he will resign, so I would scrap this whole discussion.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 12:11 AM
  #14
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
What would a guy like Ryan Suter fetch from New Jersey ???

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 06:07 AM
  #15
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Washington
Country: United States
Posts: 12,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
What would a guy like Ryan Suter fetch from New Jersey ???
A lot. Let's just leave it at that.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 11:27 AM
  #16
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
A lot. Let's just leave it at that.
Ok, so i'll call Lou and you can call Paul Fenton (assistant Gm... couldn't find your GM on your site for some reason ?!?!?) for Zubrus, Bergfors, 1st round pick Vs Hamhuis and the rights to Radulov.

Thanks

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 11:52 AM
  #17
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
What would a guy like Ryan Suter fetch from New Jersey ???
you see that guy with the $ sign on the back of his jersey in your avatar ... start there

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2009, 05:56 PM
  #18
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
you see that guy with the $ sign on the back of his jersey in your avatar ... start there
LOL.... Ok, then let's forget about Suter and stick with the original offer. I understand that Suter is a great you d-men but to say that you''d consider trading him for Parise + is way off. Parise played the entire season with Zajac and Langenbrunner (not the most offensive gifted players) and still managed to be the 3rd best goal scorer of the NHL with 45 goals and the fifth best point producer of the league with 94 points. If Zach alone isn't worth Suter...

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 12:34 AM
  #19
Webersmashpuck
Registered User
 
Webersmashpuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spring Hill
Country: United States
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 500
Suter's value to us would make you have to overpay but we know hes not worth Parise. Its close but we would have to add something for it.

The Hamhuis deal is something very intriguing. I really dont want Zubrus or Pandalfo, they are marginally better if that than some of the guys already on the roster, and have a higher price tag.

How about

Hamhuis

for

Bergfors
2010 2nd that turns into a 1st if Hamhuis resigns.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 12:59 AM
  #20
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Washington
Country: United States
Posts: 12,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
LOL.... Ok, then let's forget about Suter and stick with the original offer. I understand that Suter is a great you d-men but to say that you''d consider trading him for Parise + is way off. Parise played the entire season with Zajac and Langenbrunner (not the most offensive gifted players) and still managed to be the 3rd best goal scorer of the NHL with 45 goals and the fifth best point producer of the league with 94 points. If Zach alone isn't worth Suter...
Well, I think Dave was being a tad hyperbolic, but his point is valid: Suter is a very valuable, if not critical part of our team, and his true value is probably too high for most teams to be serious about acquiring him.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 09:17 AM
  #21
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Suter's value to us would make you have to overpay but we know hes not worth Parise. Its close but we would have to add something for it.

The Hamhuis deal is something very intriguing. I really dont want Zubrus or Pandalfo, they are marginally better if that than some of the guys already on the roster, and have a higher price tag.

How about

Hamhuis

for

Bergfors
2010 2nd that turns into a 1st if Hamhuis resigns.
That would be a even better trade for New Jersey. We would keep our 1st round pick in this years draft (hopefully drafting defencement David Rundblad... we could pick as low as #22 or as high as #25) and not trade away a current player on our roster and if we do lose our 1st round pick in next years draft, it's no biggie cause this years draft is alot more deep then next years.

Works for me

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2009, 11:28 AM
  #22
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,459
vCash: 500
Bergfors is way too unproven for me to like that deal.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.