HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking for a T-shirt

Old
05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.rosenrosen View Post
what that's awesome. i got this shirt for christmas pretty rad.
Just for curiosity... why 1972 on the shirt? Beginning of the BSB Era? 1973-74 was first Cup season, '72-73 was first Postseason win squad (vs Minny)... but many if not most players of the BSB Era were at least listed on '71-72 roster.

It just seems odd to me to select that year to put in Roman Numerals, unless that is the year that they determined the Bullies began to flex their muscles and cause mayhem... which I seem to recall being the pretty much the case.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:10 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersJunky View Post
Just for curiosity... why 1972 on the shirt? Beginning of the BSB Era? 1973-74 was first Cup season, '72-73 was first Postseason win squad (vs Minny)... but many if not most players of the BSB Era were at least listed on '71-72 roster.

It just seems odd to me to select that year to put in Roman Numerals, unless that is the year that they determined the Bullies began to flex their muscles and cause mayhem... which I seem to recall being the pretty much the case.
I feel like its kind of inappropriate to cite wikipedia here for some reason but according to Wikipedia you're right they did start being the Bullies in '72-73. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broad_S...2.E2.80.931976

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 11:36 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Did anyone get any of their orders in yet? This is taking a fairly long time to get everything in

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
I feel like its kind of inappropriate to cite wikipedia here for some reason but according to Wikipedia you're right they did start being the Bullies in '72-73. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broad_S...2.E2.80.931976
Since they have backed up my theory, I will gladly accept The Wiki here LOL.

Thanks.

I can now semi-officially state that I am aware of when the Bullies were born.

For the record, I began following them when they were a novelty on the Philadelphia sports scene, before Mr. Snider got his drawers in a snit and told Keith 'The Thief', "Make it happen"... I followed a majority of their first season in The Nam; reading my very late mailed Inky subscription, as they became Nomads without a home, clutching onto their Western Conference Championship... When I returned to Philly, I was hooked forever.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote