HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Jokerit 09-10

Old
10-17-2009, 09:16 AM
Finnpin

vCash: 500
As a Jokerit fan this has been a horrible season so far but I'm getting used to it.

Jokerit has 1 big problem:

1. Owner Harry "Hjallis" Harkimo

And why is that?

Hjallis can't think in long term, everything has to happen now. That has been the case for over 10 years...maybe if Aravirta don't get booted we can see some change in that department.

For the past 3 years with Canadian coaches the team really didn't have a game plan (european/finnish) so it might take time to get Ara's system inside of some players heads.

Every year after another half of the team changes.

Jokerit still doesn't have a full time fitness/physics coach because Hjallis doesn't believe in one. Look now how good to boys are doing in that department

The team really needs some confidence and a good center plus a good dman...and what does Hjallis' puppet Virmanen do? Signs loan contracts with some 4th line grinders.

Lots of players have to watch to the mirror a lot and think about their game and work ethic ...overpaid Tom Koivisto should put the mirror to his visor.

This is going to be a long season but luckily NHL gets more interest from me than the crappy SM-Liiga

Last edited by Finnpin: 10-17-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Finnpin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 08:35 AM
korben*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
This is going to be a long season
Yeah.

First we don´t play juniors at all. Max. was 1. Now, in best game we had 7 A-juniors... This is MY Jokerit

korben* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2009, 08:38 AM
korben*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
They should make the play-offs, yeah.
First reply to this thread.

We still might...

Old
11-03-2009, 04:43 AM
raystorm

This season has get a horrible start. We were logn time for last position. Now we are 13th and Saipa is 14th 1 point behind. Something must happen during the eht break. We need 2nd center. If we don't get 2nd center we could concentrate to avoid relegation games.

raystorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:32 AM
Korkki

Quote:
Originally Posted by raystorm View Post
We need 2nd center. If we don't get 2nd center we could concentrate to avoid relegation games.
You got Markku Tähtinen and most of the fans are already bashing him out. Hey 35 points last season, is that too few?

I think that Tähtinen and Rita would make a good tandem if they find a good hard working winger to them.

Korkki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 04:04 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korkki View Post
You got Markku Tähtinen and most of the fans are already bashing him out. Hey 35 points last season, is that too few?

I think that Tähtinen and Rita would make a good tandem if they find a good hard working winger to them.
The fans are just frustrated about the whole "show" and the bashing is more about the signing and the guys behind it not Tähtinen as a player.

I think Tähtinen will have enough energy in these 3 games and gets the full year contract. But I don't see him as the solution for a 2nd line center to a big club like Jokerit.

It's really hard to be a Jokerit-fan when the head office is full of

Old
11-04-2009, 06:45 AM
psycho_dad

Quote:
It's really hard to be a Jokerit-fan when the head office is full of
That's how I felt about Lukko office for a long time, before they started to do things differently.

I feel bad for Jokerit though, I don't mind them having problems, but this much problems is just too much considering the roster.

psycho_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 02:36 PM
korben*

I hope this Jokerit season will an example of how NOT TO build a team. Idea was splendid. Not too unexpectidly. They overcooked it

Lets give juniors some ice time! Yeah! And then expect "SuperB" win matches for MEN. Oh dear Have we completely ruined superior junior B-team of 2007 thats HEART was, and still is, JOKERIT?

edit: Some joke at Jatkoaika claims Manelius is concidering a move off. Yeah right. That is same like saying Waltteri Immonen concideres coachin ifk. If at age of 10, kid prefers 20km longer training trip. Read: 1-2 hours of free time. So that he can play for Jokerit instead of Vantaa. I strongly doupt he conciders moving to Hämeenlinna right now. To crush that joke completely. I add that he is university student in Helsinki...

Mark my words. He is our next "Waltteri Immonen"
Captain oh Captain!

Last edited by korben*: 11-04-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old
11-09-2009, 04:24 PM
korben*

What a nightmare Lets play juniors! Nine of them. Eight are injured. And that only non injured got H1N1 Well played

Geez. How can ALL junior be injured. That is not part of luck anymore. NINE injured. Oh come on! U20 coach, Jortikka, is guestoning this as well. Jokerit has about six U20 players. ALL of them are sidelined...FU ..

Old
11-11-2009, 01:45 PM
TampereenIlves

Send a message via MSN to TampereenIlves
Jokerit fairly smashed us in the 3rd period last night, I can't see you guys having a bad season All season, although this year is Rauman Lukko's for the taking, should be an interesting year for Jokerit, I'm far from a fan of theirs but they are always a team to respect on the ice

TampereenIlves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 03:56 AM
4rde

Even though Jokerit had very bad start to the season i believe they can turn it around, they have showed signs of good play in the recent games. I mean, team with guys like Pirnes, Hentunen and Bremberg (all time leading scorer for SEL) just cant suck for all season long. When we get closer and closer to the end of the regular season Jokerit will play better and better. Now that they added Brooks its a very solid team.

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 07:35 AM
WildHockey90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rde View Post
Even though Jokerit had very bad start to the season i believe they can turn it around, they have showed signs of good play in the recent games. I mean, team with guys like Pirnes, Hentunen and Bremberg (all time leading scorer for SEL) just cant suck for all season long. When we get closer and closer to the end of the regular season Jokerit will play better and better. Now that they added Brooks its a very solid team.
My thoughts exactly. I strongly believe that Jokerit will turn things around. Like 4rde stated, a team with players like that cant faulter for the whole season can they ? The addition of Alex Brooks and Markku Tähtinen has help solidify things IMO. Tähtinen especially looks to be linking up well with Jani Rita, who needs to pick up the general slack.

WildHockey90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Finnpin

The team might improve a little bit but the season seems to be over if your goal is to win it all.

It looks like that the summer practise sessions failed bad and the players look just lazy out there. Harkimo, maybe next season time to sign that physics-coach?

And I'm really disappointed at Aravirta's coaching...maybe the team learns to play the system next season if half of the team doesn't change again.

Bremberg and Brooks are the best players. What then when Bremberg leaves...who feeds Hentunen?

Tähtinen is improvement to the 2nd line when you compare him to Hauhtonen but a team like Jokerit shouldn't sign a player like Tähtinen in that role. I hope they kick him out and sign somebody with better potential but I think "Näillä mennään"

Old
11-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Finnpin

Headcoach Aravirta and assistant coach Törmänen got fired today.

This is not the solution when you think in long term...Hjallis should fire himself or atleast make a total cleaning in the head office department and totally stay out of the hockey operations. If this doesn't happen the sucking will continue...what's next... bankruptcy?

Edit.

Hannu Jortikka is the new head coach, contract till 2010/2011

Assistant will be Sami Ranta.

Last edited by Finnpin: 11-25-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old
11-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Jokerit Wasp

Quote:

Hannu Jortikka is the new head coach, contract till 2010/2011

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Latex*
DM is good

Hahahaa Can't get enough of this team

Latex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Big Money Wides

Send a message via AIM to Big Money Wides
Completely OT but I don't want to start a new thread. I'm trying to put together a t-shirt for Tuukka Rask, the B's goalie. I wanted it to say "The Kid" or "The Phenom" on the front in Finnish, since as I'm sure you all know he's from Finland.

We don't have many native Finns around here in Boston, and I don't trust Google Translate with something like this. Anyone here who can help, with either translation? I'd appreciate it.

Oh and I sometimes play as Jokerit in NHL 09, I love the logo.

Big Money Wides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 04:39 AM
Ruggero Rossi De Mio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr12487 View Post
Completely OT but I don't want to start a new thread. I'm trying to put together a t-shirt for Tuukka Rask, the B's goalie. I wanted it to say "The Kid" or "The Phenom" on the front in Finnish, since as I'm sure you all know he's from Finland.

We don't have many native Finns around here in Boston, and I don't trust Google Translate with something like this. Anyone here who can help, with either translation? I'd appreciate it.

Oh and I sometimes play as Jokerit in NHL 09, I love the logo.
Phenom = Ilmiö
Kid = Poika

I think those are the best fit.

Ruggero Rossi De Mio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Finnpin

Ilmiömäinen Rask = Phenomenal Rask

P.S. Feel free to post these as new threads...we don't have that many threads here in Finland-side anyway

Old
11-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Big Money Wides

Send a message via AIM to Big Money Wides
Thanks guys, I got a couple of other replies too that all said the same thing. Figures the day after I post this he loses for the first time in five games hahahaa...oh well.

Thanks again.

Big Money Wides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2009, 01:55 PM
Finnpin

Coach Hannu Jortikka has totally changed the Jokerit's game. There is emotion now and players try hard.

The style is still not pretty but so what, points count.

And owner Hjallis spent more money to sign rest of the season contract with the team's best player Fredrik Bremberg Very important signing.

Also tough dman Joe Rullier got a tryout contract.

Things are looking better.

Old
12-08-2009, 03:23 PM
TampereenIlves

Send a message via MSN to TampereenIlves
hats of the the jokers you are turning your season around, as an Ilves fan I shall enjoy playing against Jokipojat and TuTo when Sportti beat us in the play-out.... put a fork in this side of Tampere... Were done!

Jokerit will get a top 6 finnish but no medals this year, still a big improvement on the first half of the season well done

TampereenIlves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2009, 01:52 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampereenIlves View Post
Jokerit will get a top 6 finnish but no medals this year, still a big improvement on the first half of the season well done
Most likely but anything can happen in the playoffs. If we go healthy there who knows what might happen. Other teams should be scared!

Old
12-11-2009, 04:55 AM
4rde

After firing the coach and signing Jortikka, record in last 7 games 5-1-1

4rde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2009, 05:11 AM
No1Joker

Oh my god, rumours of Stapleton and Nylander(Eklund) coming to Jokerit.

No1Joker is offline   Reply With Quote