HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek a 6 million dollar man?An assistant GM thinks so.

Old
05-07-2009, 08:21 AM
CanadienErrant*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
He's not even close to being worth 6 million. We raked him over the coals this year and he was underpaid (by league standards). Imagine what will happen next year if we overpay him and he sucks that bad again, which I bet he will.

He was a much different player after the Lucic fight. Maybe he was injured, who cares. He crumbled in the last game, and only wanted to get back at Lucy, which he failed miserably at. His puck-handling (which was not injury effected) was unbelievably bad ALL year. He was even able to make Markov look bad.

If we could get him at 3-4 Million ... great. Otherwise let a team overpay him, we'll be fine. I wanted to trade him at the deadline.

And he will become a great number 3 d-man and a leader on a Stanley Cup winning team...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 08:21 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
So the Islanders are advertising their bid already? Nice...
Streit and Komisarek are gonna destroy the habs next year !

Old
05-07-2009, 08:22 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
6 mill????? A YEAR????

He isn't worth that amount for 2 years!!!! If we sign him for more than 3-3.5, I am gonna cry. More than 4.5 and I say let him go.
Ryder: 4 million a year ...
Streit: 4 million a year

Old
05-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Habsfan18

I'd like to have him back, but he's not worth any more than 4 million.

I'd give him a 4 year/16mill deal.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 08:34 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
And he will become a great number 3 d-man and a leader on a Stanley Cup winning team...
A team paying 6 mil for a defensive d-man may not even make the playoffs.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Maverik

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/sort.php?pos=D&type=none

Not sure I can post this, edit if I can't.

Look at the salaries. The first strictly defensive D you can find in that list is Hamrlik at 5.5. Komisarek should only get that money on his next contract if he performs.

I still predict someone stupid will sign him for over 5 millions

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Says that an assistant GM sees Komisarek as a 6 million dollar man. Also says his value might be lower because of his last season, but it means he won't get anything less than 5 million. At this price, let him go...or trade his rights?

Mike Komisarek showed this season that he is NOT worth $6 million dollars!!!

Komi had a fair season at best. After he came back from his injury, he wasn't the same rock-solid defencemen he was before.

I wouldn't give Komisarek any more than $3.5 million a season. He doesn't contribute any offence at all....and if he plays like he did for the second half of the season....he definitely isn't worth more than $3.5 million.

If he wants more than $4 million a season from the Habs, I say lt him walk and focus on Bowmeester or some other free agent defencemen. If we are going to pay $6 million a season for a defencemen, he better score 15 goals and get 30-40 assists at least. Markov scored more points than that and he is only making 5.75 a season.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:25 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Ryder: 4 million a year ...
Streit: 4 million a year
Puh-leeze. If Ryder had been signed for 4 million and produced "only" 27 goals, people here would be throwing him under the bus and calling for Gainey's resignation over the overpayment of such an useless contributor. After all, they were a lot harsher on Ryder after he scored 30 goals on a lot less money.

Streit has blossomed on the Isles, but I'm still not convinced he's worth 4 million a year, either.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:26 AM
marchabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Puh-leeze. If Ryder had been signed for 4 million and produced "only" 27 goals, people here would be throwing him under the bus and calling for Gainey's resignation over the overpayment of such an useless contributor. After all, they were a lot harsher on Ryder after he scored 30 goals on a lot less money.

Streit has blossomed on the Isles, but I'm still not convinced he's worth 4 million a year, either.
euh no kostitsyn is signed for 3.25 I think and he had 23...some start to question him but thats it

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:27 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
There is no way he should be making more then 4 million
Simple as that

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
heatley_fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Seeing that your name is MathMan, I'm sure you appreciate numbers:

7th in goals for defensemen with 14
9th in assists for defensemen with 40
7th in points for defensemenn with 56
4th in points per game for defensemen with 0.76
9th in TOI for defensemen with 25:13/game
5th in takeaways for defensemen with 51
Was +6 on the worst team in the league

I don't know about you but I don't see how those numbers aren't worth 4 million a year.

heatley_fan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:31 AM
redmachine54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
http://www.nhlnumbers.com/sort.php?pos=D&type=none

Not sure I can post this, edit if I can't.

Look at the salaries. The first strictly defensive D you can find in that list is Hamrlik at 5.5. Komisarek should only get that money on his next contract if he performs.

I still predict someone stupid will sign him for over 5 millions
Well, I wouldn't consider Hamrlik strictly defensive; he put up the similar numbers to Coburn in Philly, and I don't think too many people consider Coburn to be a defensive d-man. Hamrlik can also play on the powerplay, whereas many defensive d-men can't / don't.

IMO, Hannan's the first defensive d-man that I can see; he logged minimal powerplay ice-time and is a generally more defense-first player. He's making 4.5. The other defensive d-men all go down from there.

Good thing the guy kept himself anonymous, though, because this is blatant tampering.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I'd give him a 4 year/16mill deal.
I agree. Let's see if Mike prefers going home for more money or potentially being our next captain..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

At $5M, I'm thinking, jeez, Komisarek didn't play well enough that you could say he earned it, but then at the same time, what does it cost you to get even a generic top-4 defender to fill his spot? $4M+ on the crazy open UFA market? Jeff Finger got $3.5M. So what the heck, for an extra paltry $1M or so beyond what I think he's worth, I bite the bullet and sign him anyway. Preferably long before July 1st, of course. You never know what's going to happen on July 1st, and if you reach that date needing to sign *two* top-4 defensemen to make your team better, then you're probably screwed. So $5M, ouch, okay, Komi meet your new defense coach Larry Robinson, and let's see you earn that money next year.

At $6M, though, that "paltry" $1M extra starts to take on a different meaning. I think he's worth $4M. I'd give him the paltry $1M more just to secure the asset amidst with the UFA craziness looming. But at $6M... well now I'm thinking if I just spent a paltry $1M more than that, I might have a top-line star player of some sort instead of Komisarek.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
euh no kostitsyn is signed for 3.25 I think and he had 23...some start to question him but thats it
Are you sure about that ? Want me to link you to all the "media experts" and threads that keep asking for the brothers K to be traded or simply kicked out ? Gagnon said just 3 days ago they are "a cancer in the room" and that their teammates want them out.

That's the best proof actually. If Ryder had the same performance with the Habs for 4 million as with the Bruins - he would be crucified and "the most useless and overpaid 27 goal scorer in the NHL".

And imagine after a -3 performance in a Playoff game against the Canes....Tar and feathers.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:04 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I'm almost 99% positive that if Komisarek signs a big contract with another team, he'll become amazing, even start putting up offensive numbers, and everyone will be *****ing at Gainey for not keeping him. He had a bad year but he has potential to be very, very good and he's still young for a defenceman.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:26 PM
AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I'm almost 99% positive that if Komisarek signs a big contract with another team, he'll become amazing, even start putting up offensive numbers, and everyone will be *****ing at Gainey for not keeping him. He had a bad year but he has potential to be very, very good and he's still young for a defenceman.
So what are you saying? that we should give him a Neidermayer-esque contract on the off chance that he becomes something?

Komisarek will never put up numbers. He is simply not good enough with the puck. With his skill set (shot blocking and hitting), he will do real well as an NHLer. However, I just happen to think that his skill set is overrated and not really necessary.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
euuhhh..no.

Where have you been living for the past months??

There isn't one french media outlet that wants the Kost broz to stay in Mtl.

Like someone else posted in this thread, Francois Gagnon a few days ago said they were cancer in the room.
A.Kost I'd be extremely surprised if he even talks in the room. The man is very much like Markov and keeps to himself. So, I have strong doubts as to how he could be a cancer.
S.Kost seems like the one with an attitude, but he spent most of the year in AHL so I doubt he can be as big a cancer to influence the Habs all the way from Hamilton.

Francois Gagnon, loves to talk about problems in the room though. 2years ago, it was Kovalev the cancer in the room. Last year, it was the room being to small for Koivu and Kovalev. This year, it's the Kost broz.
This guy is so full of crap it's not even funny.

I know your skeptical of the news, but I suggest you watch to them to see how much love the Kost broz are getting.

Last edited by Kriss E: 05-07-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
There's little doubts here that Komisarek has the potential to be a very mean Dman, a la Stevens.
But he'll need some guidance, and not by Markov.
I think a guy like Komi would benefit greatly from a Defense coach.

I wouldn't put money on him developing a good offensive side though.

Old
05-07-2009, 01:18 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
There is no way he should be making more then 4 million
Simple as that
He shouldn't but he will.... and not in Montreal.

Adios Mike !

Old
05-07-2009, 01:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
S.Kost seems like the one with an attitude, but he spent most of the year in AHL so I doubt he can be as big a cancer to influence the Habs all the way from Hamilton.
Kostitsyn spent most of the year with the Habs, he played 16 games with Hamilton, so he was there 5 weeks or so. He played 56 games in the NHL this year. Not saying anything about being a cancer cause I don't pay any attention to Gagnon.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlloveslucic View Post
Kostitsyn spent most of the year with the Habs, he played 16 games with Hamilton, so he was there 5 weeks or so. He played 56 games in the NHL this year. Not saying anything about being a cancer cause I don't pay any attention to Gagnon.
Ok..so 2/3rdish of the season then.

Bottom line is, he was here at the beginning of the year when things were going good. After, it all went to the crapper and I have strong doubts that the young Kostitsyn with just a little 100Games of experience is the big cancer.

I know you weren't saying he was, just wanted to throw that in there as well.

Old
05-07-2009, 01:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Ok..so 2/3rdish of the season then.

Bottom line is, he was here at the beginning of the year when things were going good. After, it all went to the crapper and I have strong doubts that the young Kostitsyn with just a little 100Games of experience is the big cancer.

I know you weren't saying he was, just wanted to throw that in there as well.
Not really, put it this way, out of 7 months (october to april) Kostitsyn was in Hamilton for about 1 month out of 7, now my math may be off but no way that's 2/3rd's.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Riverboat Gambler

Quote:

I wouldn't put money on him developing a good offensive side though.
Agreed... Can't see it... he's shown very little offense and after this year I wonder if Big Mike is tapped out in terms of hockey smarts.

It's unbelievable that he can not for the life of him get a shot through and on net. I've never seen the guy take a wrist shot and his wind-up is easier to read than an Archie Comic. I think by the end of the year coaches had him firing the puck in the corner if he felt pressure, at least he can think fast enough to do that as a contingency plan.

Last edited by Riverboat Gambler: 05-07-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I don't want to lose Komisarek.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote