HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey back in Quebec City

Old
05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Is it that much? I found online that Quebec City is about 492K so Levis is over 600K?

Edit:

OK I found this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population which is from 2006 and there is no way Quebec City is 1.1M.

This list says about 717K http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population for the metropolitain area.
This was being debated on the "Could Montreal support another team thread". This wiki page shows different info :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_City_Area

1.1m is for the regions of Capitale Nationale (awful name ) and Chaudiere Appalache.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I am guessing this is a joke as it has to be...I mean you cannot compare the Olympics to a privatly owned sports team.
Like the Expos?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Ever wonder if the problem with the Habs is that the whole effin province can only but love them cuz thats the only team they can root for, and by consequence thats the only team that all the quebec sports media in quebec can talk about? (Yes Alouettes....but not even close)

Do you think that if Quebec had a team it would take pressure off the Habs in terms of media/fan scrutiny? Do you think that a local rivalry would be good for the habs?
Normally, I don't mention politics here but I think it would be the best thing to ever happen for the Partie Quebecois.

That's all I'm going to say about that.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 08:46 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Like the Expos?
The Stadium was not built for the Expos now was it.....

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2009, 10:16 PM
bodybreak
We're Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs88 View Post
i think there would be nothing but positives. move a team like tbay over here..then you already have the french connection and the team will take off. the bandwagon fans for the habs will now be fans of the NEW Quebec team because they have Lecalvier and the true habs fans won't have to deal with the default fans who only cheer because they feel they have too
Hate to break it to you, but the Lightning are coming to Winnipeg in September, for a pre-season date with the Oilers. What they don't know however, is that we're actually going to add some chlorophyl to their post-game towels, and kidnap them, forcing the team to move to Winnipeg FOREVER!!!!

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote