HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cosom Hockey - Looking for 4 players

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2009, 05:03 PM
  #1
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Cosom Hockey - Looking for 4 players

***FOR MODO : Could you not move it please? I would like that everybody sees the thread please. I can't wait for 3 weeks so...just keep it there for some days. Thanks!


Hey guys!

I'm in a cosom hockey league and our team is looking for 4 players : 3 forwards and 1 d-man.

Before talking of the type of the league and stuff like that, I'm will tell you what we are looking for. In our league, we are in the C category (not elite play, but good hockey). So, if you can't shoot or can't pass or have 0 sense of hockey, don't apply haha! It's not that we don't want you, but we need some good players.

So, as for the 3 forwards, we are looking for any kind of players. We prefer speedy player because we need some and because it's a 3x3 league. The nets are small (like in any 3x3 league), so if you have a good shoot, it's pretty important! Anyway, for the forwards, like I said, we want speed, with good hockey sense...and most of all, a good attitude! We don't want cocky, selfish players.

As for the d-man, we are looking for a puck moving d-man who is good at D. That's all!

- So, the league is starting MAy 11th. Games are EACH MONDAY between 6 and 10 PM.
- The location is at Gym Dickson (2350 Dickson) in MONTREAL. It's a very great place! There are 2 rinks with 3x3 size.
- The price is 90$ for 12 games + playoffs.
***We are looking for bilingual players...but who can speak French mostly.

So, if you are interested, just PM me

EDIT : We need 2 forwards or 1 forward and 1 d-man.

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 05:36 PM
  #2
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,734
vCash: 500
i wonder why whenever someone posts about their team needing some players, they always are playing in the middle of butt **** nowhere in the east end???

i mean doesnt anybody play to where civilization resides?

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 05:53 PM
  #3
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,454
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Dickson is a sweet venue. I played a game there last season in my league. Which is the worst league ever.

Avoid cosom-hockey.com like the plague.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 06:43 PM
  #4
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Dickson is a sweet venue. I played a game there last season in my league. Which is the worst league ever.

Avoid cosom-hockey.com like the plague.
Yeah, I heard about cosom-hockey.com. I didn't know it was bad!

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 06:47 PM
  #5
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,454
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
Yeah, I heard about cosom-hockey.com. I didn't know it was bad!
I'll link Harry to this thread now so he can rant about how awful it is. I've done that enough in the past little while.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 06:48 PM
  #6
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I'll link Harry to this thread now so he can rant about how awful it is. I've done that enough in the past little while.
Haha, what an awful league. No refs to game, games canceled, game time changes the night before...

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 06:49 PM
  #7
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,454
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Haha, what an awful league. No refs to game, games canceled, game time changes the night before...
Not the rant I was hoping for, but it works.

Also, the guy running it is incompetent.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
  #8
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 500
which league is it? mondays is a good day for me, and it is close to my work, so i can play when im done at 5:45.

i need to practice some more, but id like to join a league this summer. i have decent skills good hockey sense and a crazy slapshot, but i doubt anyone allows slappers anyways

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 07:00 PM
  #9
thedoor81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Not the rant I was hoping for, but it works.

Also, the guy running it is incompetent.
Are you talking about TheGreat Eddy Nadeau?

thedoor81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 07:05 PM
  #10
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoor81 View Post
Are you talking about TheGreat Eddy Nadeau?
Yeah, Eddy Nadeau!

This guy contacts me by email to make some pub for his league haha!

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 07:15 PM
  #11
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,454
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
Yeah, Eddy Nadeau!

This guy contacts me by email to make some pub for his league haha!
ALLO CHER SAKUKOIVU2003! MERCI DE TA PARTICIPATION DANS LA LIGUE NSA! IL Y A UN TOURNOI A MALEPART CE DIMANCHE! CA COUTE $5,000 PAR EQUIPE! J'ESPERE DE TE VOIR! http://www.cosom-hockey.com/ EDDY NADEAU

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
  #12
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
ALLO CHER SAKUKOIVU2003! MERCI DE TA PARTICIPATION DANS LA LIGUE NSA! IL Y A UN TOURNOI A MALEPART CE DIMANCHE! CA COUTE $5,000 PAR EQUIPE! J'ESPERE DE TE VOIR! http://www.cosom-hockey.com/ EDDY NADEAU
Hahah!Exactly!

More, if I'm able to subscribe another team to his league, I have 200$ discount on my subscribtion haha!

Well..anyone else want to join my team?

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 09:04 PM
  #13
Ncrdrg
 
Ncrdrg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brossard, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
Well, Montreal isn't too far so if you're still looking for some players, I guess I could manage. I live on the south shore so I could come after work around 5. Is there any practice planned before starting next monday?
I can play both forward and defenseman. I always had a good sense for defensive hockey even if I played LW-RW all my life on ice hockey.
Do I need to buy any equipment or is everything given to us at the gym?

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2009, 10:33 PM
  #14
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
Well, Montreal isn't too far so if you're still looking for some players, I guess I could manage. I live on the south shore so I could come after work around 5. Is there any practice planned before starting next monday?
I can play both forward and defenseman. I always had a good sense for defensive hockey even if I played LW-RW all my life on ice hockey.
Do I need to buy any equipment or is everything given to us at the gym?
No need to buy equipment! Just have stick, gloves and pads (if you want) and you'll be ok! Don't need helmet or specific stick.

Best way to contact me is by PM!

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 01:07 AM
  #15
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,454
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
Hahah!Exactly!

More, if I'm able to subscribe another team to his league, I have 200$ discount on my subscribtion haha!

Well..anyone else want to join my team?
Haha, yeah, I definitely get those as well. You gotta wonder... does anyone actually take him up on these deals?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 07:32 AM
  #16
havok78
Registered User
 
havok78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
I find the pictures of him giving awards funny. Why does he charge 1$ for pictures(i just went on the site)

Thanks

havok78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 08:32 AM
  #17
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok78 View Post
I find the pictures of him giving awards funny. Why does he charge 1$ for pictures(i just went on the site)

Thanks
Haha! He just want to make money.

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 10:16 AM
  #18
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,454
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by havok78 View Post
I find the pictures of him giving awards funny. Why does he charge 1$ for pictures(i just went on the site)

Thanks
Bahahaha! No idea! They're taken with a digital camera, too. It makes no sense. League's a joke, as I said.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 11:13 AM
  #19
MasterD
Registered User
 
MasterD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
i wonder why whenever someone posts about their team needing some players, they always are playing in the middle of butt **** nowhere in the east end???

i mean doesnt anybody play to where civilization resides?
Seriously... I'm on the western north shore (Deux-Montagnes), and am available mondays, thursdays, fridays and wek-ends during evenings. Somehow, I can't find a league that's open during these evenings, and not at the other end of the montreal island! I used to go to a league on the corner of Papineau and Fleury, but my work schedule changed and I can't go anymore.. I mean, I'm ready to travel, but not that far.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 12:31 PM
  #20
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Is that the same league Harry got pwned in and then faked to be unconcious so he wouldn't have to face the guy?

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
  #21
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,454
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Is that the same league Harry got pwned in and then faked to be unconcious so he wouldn't have to face the guy?
yes.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
  #22
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Is that the same league Harry got pwned in and then faked to be unconcious so he wouldn't have to face the guy?
that sounds like a good story. more plz

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 05:27 PM
  #23
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Yeah..want to know more aobut this story haha

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 06:24 PM
  #24
DaHabMan
Registered User
 
DaHabMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
id be interested in the d-man positon but how long do the games last?

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2009, 06:31 PM
  #25
habs1988
Registered User
 
habs1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: I don't know
Posts: 2,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
id be interested in the d-man positon but how long do the games last?
2 periods x 22min each.

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.