HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Quarterfinal 5/6 Russia 4, Belarus 3

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2009, 04:20 AM
ICBM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Don't be foolish. By and large, every team took the best players they had access to.
Really? The Rangers lost in the first round this year, but no Gomez, Drury, Callahan, Dubinsky or Mara for Team USA. Why? Because they have chosen their group of youngsters to have a look at. They didn't need the vets. And Russians grab Ukranian Zherdev the moment he's free. According to your logic Team USA management are the foolish ones.

Old
05-09-2009, 04:24 AM
ChuckNorris

Send a message via ICQ to ChuckNorris Send a message via MSN to ChuckNorris
don't feed the troll

Old
05-09-2009, 04:33 AM
Washington Capitals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICBM View Post
You are missing the point here. Last time they were on top (1992) some people on the forum weren't even born yet. And are you jealous of Chech Republic?
As hard as I would like to I can't cause it doesn't exist.

Old
05-09-2009, 04:36 AM
ICBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckNorris View Post
don't feed the troll
"Soviet Sport" is more pleasant reading than my posts? I'll try to work on it for you. But we'll never agree on this matter as you actualy offer no arguments but just insults.

Old
05-09-2009, 05:10 AM
Zine

Quote:
Really? The Rangers lost in the first round this year, but no Gomez, Drury, Callahan, Dubinsky or Mara for Team USA. Why? Because they have chosen their group of youngsters to have a look at. They didn't need the vets. And Russians grab Ukranian Zherdev the moment he's free. According to your logic Team USA management are the foolish ones.
USA is really only the country this applies to......even at that they won't have many vets in 2010 as it is. All the Rangers players you mentioned aren't even locks for 2010 team.

Tell me, what vets did Sweden, Finland, Canada, Czechs overlook to give youngers experience?

Old
05-09-2009, 05:13 AM
ChuckNorris

Send a message via ICQ to ChuckNorris Send a message via MSN to ChuckNorris
Quote:
"Soviet Sport" is more pleasant reading than my posts? I'll try to work on it for you. But we'll never agree on this matter as you actualy offer no arguments but just insults.
Why to argue? Russia is in the final for the second straight year. That's fine for me. It's useless debate, when you talk about quantity of NHL players in the squad. Almost every top 6 team brought more NHLers than team Russia.

Old
05-09-2009, 05:35 AM
ICBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
USA is really only the country this applies to......even at that they won't have many vets in 2010 as it is. All the Rangers players you mentioned aren't even locks for 2010 team.

Tell me, what vets did Sweden, Finland, Canada, Czechs overlook to give youngers experience?
First of all, I think all of them are sure to play for the USA if healthy. All are very useful players. Great penalty killers.

Chechs: Spacek, Voracek, Hejda, Klesla, Hejduk, Dvorak, Kreps, Frolik, Vokoun, Hamrlik, Erat, Bonk, Holik, Roszival, etc

Canada: start with Calgary

Sweden: Naslund, Lundquist, ahh... all their stars only play in Olympics.

Finns: Lehtinen, Jokinen, Koivu bros, Backstrom, etc

I think its enough.

Old
05-09-2009, 05:57 AM
Zine

Quote:
First of all, I think all of them are sure to play for the USA if healthy. All are very useful players. Great penalty killers.

Chechs: Spacek, Voracek, Hejda, Klesla, Hejduk, Dvorak, Kreps, Frolik, Vokoun, Hamrlik, Erat, Bonk, Holik, Roszival, etc

I think its enough.

All these players were either injured or declined to participate.......or were simply not good enough (Frolik attended camp but was cut from Czech Republic).

Old
05-09-2009, 07:30 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
They made the finals because of "5 players from NHL". And Kovalchuk alone is worth the rest of the team. There are only two players on Russian team that are 25 years old and no younger players. This is a veteran team put together to get results at any cost. The rest of contenders are just testing their young players before the Olympics. Canadians, for instance, have 6 players that are 22 years old or younger, Swedes have 9 players 25 years old or younger. Even Belarus have 9 players younger than 25 years old. Russains put vets against younger and more inexperienced teams to win the meaningless WC title, but they will not succeed against talented Team Canada.
Radulov 22
Zherdev 24
Korneyev 24
kovalchuk 25
Grenbeskov 25
Perezogin 25
Kuryanov 25

and only 4 players older than 30 . Canada has 7 players older than 30 and Sweden 8 players,Checks got 10 and Finnland 12 players over than 30 years old!!! YOU failed once again! and to be honest it dosnt matter how old they are ,they all want to get a Gold medals!
PS> no need to show here your stupidy

Last edited by pouskin74*: 05-09-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old
05-09-2009, 07:34 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Who are those guys we don't know?
Kovalev,A.Markov,D.Markov,Volchenkov(he playede only one game),Tyutin,Afinogenov,Sussinsky,Kozlov,Koltsov,J ashin,Mihknov ...enough??

Old
05-09-2009, 07:41 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:

I think its enough.
Bonk !!!!!!!,Dvorak and Holik !!??? comedian Voracek??? Russians didnt want a Filatov as well so whats your point here??? old Naslund who is retired now?? why not Zubov for Russia?? you have no argument but just stupid comments. Belarus isnt in top 8 overall and thats the fact! get over it now

Old
05-09-2009, 07:55 AM
ICBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
Radulov 22
Zherdev 24
Korneyev 24
kovalchuk 25
Grenbeskov 25
Perezogin 25
Kuryanov 25

and only 4 players older than 30 . Canada has 7 players older than 30 and Sweden 8 players! and to be honest it dosnt matter how old they are ,they all want to get a Gold medals!
PS> no need to show here your stupidy

They are all getting either 25 or 26 this year. Point is: are they still prospects?

Old
05-09-2009, 07:58 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
They are all getting either 25 or 26 this year. Point is: are they still prospects?
it dosnt matter. this is a WC and not the place for joking. you sayd that Russians got old team but overall we can see that they arent older than others but have even younger team.

Old
05-09-2009, 08:15 AM
ICBM

Quote:
Kovalev,A.Markov,D.Markov,Volchenkov(he playede only one game),Tyutin,Afinogenov,Sussinsky,Kozlov,Koltsov,J ashin,Mihknov ...enough??
Kovalev is 36 and barely motivated to play for any team.

D. Markov retired from team Russia

A. Markov is injured

Afinogenov had awful season and is headed to KHL

Yashin - same as Kovalev, he wouldn't make any difference.

Kovalev is only real force in the list, very short list indeed, compared to USA and Canada.

Old
05-09-2009, 08:22 AM
ICBM

Quote:
Bonk !!!!!!!,Dvorak and Holik !!??? comedian Voracek??? Russians didnt want a Filatov as well so whats your point here??? old Naslund who is retired now?? why not Zubov for Russia?? you have no argument but just stupid comments. Belarus isnt in top 8 overall and thats the fact! get over it now

Tons of expression and all for nothing. You question some arguments and ignore others. Typical. Chechs are not good example here for you? Canada and USA are, and you cant argue with that.

Bonk, Dvorak and Holik are still better than Irgl, Rolinek and Vasicek. Naslund retired - indeed, but not Moller, Murray, Alfredsson, Lundquist, Sjostrom etc. Whats the point of all bla and insults? Lack of education? What Belarus have to do with all the abovementioned?

Old
05-09-2009, 08:33 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:

A. Markov is injured

Kovalev is only real force in the list, very short list indeed, compared to USA and Canada.
all this can be sayed about all other teams as well (your list above included)! so what was your point then??NHL players dosnt mean better players!! especially when talk about 3-4 liners. by the way D.Markov didnt retire but wasnt good enough for Bykov . there is a competition for spot in team YOU KNOW

Last edited by pouskin74*: 05-09-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old
05-09-2009, 08:38 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Tons of expression and all for nothing. You question some arguments and ignore others. Typical. Chechs are not good example here for you? Canada and USA are, and you cant argue with that.

Bonk, Dvorak and Holik are still better than Irgl, Rolinek and Vasicek. Naslund retired - indeed, but not Moller, Murray, Alfredsson, Lundquist, Sjostrom etc. Whats the point of all bla and insults? Lack of education? What Belarus have to do with all the abovementioned?
Bonk better than Vasicek or Irgl!!?? FUNSTATION continued . do you follow ice hockey at all?? Alfredson isnt motivated as well , Moller is a force?? he failed in this year WJC but you call him as a potential force .....expert so again whats you point here?? did i insult you??? sorry dude but all your arguments are nothing more or less than insulting because arent solid at all. i bet you can do better than this

Old
05-09-2009, 08:46 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:

A. Markov is injured

by the way that Afinogenov boy had a awful season but got 20 points in 48 games and your great Bonk had a 25 points in 66 games and even more superb player Holik had 9 points in 62 games . now i am going to laugh

Old
05-09-2009, 08:47 AM
ICBM

Quote:
all this can be sayed about all other teams as well (your list above included)! so what was your point then??NHL players dosnt mean better players!! especially when talk about 3-4 liners.
The point is simple. While teams like Canada and USA brought in considerable number of youngsters to audition them and give them experience, Russians opted for proved veterans. Their goal is to win the WC at any cost. Not that I blame them or care about them winning or losing in the meaningless WC. The Olympics will show who is the real champion. I just find this to be funny. And I know that this tendency was always there as I actually know several people involved. Its all politics there.

Old
05-09-2009, 08:51 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
The point is simple. While teams like Canada and USA brought in considerable number of youngsters to audition them and give them experience, Russians opted for proved veterans. Their goal is to win the WC at any cost. Not that I blame them or care about them winning or losing in the meaningless WC. The Olympics will show who is the real champion. I just find this to be funny. And I know that this tendency was always there as I actually know several people involved. Its all politics there.
you can take a look at poll and other threads and you can see what is the powerrankings for 2010 Olympics. Canada and Russia are 2 top spots. none can argue with that. that the reality. 24 and 25 years old guys are veterans ? that was insane statement !

Old
05-09-2009, 09:15 AM
ICBM

Quote:
you can take a look at poll and other threads and you can see what is the powerrankings for 2010 Olympics. Canada and Russia are 2 top spots. none can argue with that. that the reality. 24 and 25 years old guys are veterans ? that was insane statement !
And you are judging my mental abilities? The discussion was not about the strength of Russia or the odds of them winning in WC or Olympics, it was about their approach. Nothing more, nothing less. This team has no youngsters at all. All the mentioned players are quite experienced, they are not 19 years old Luke Schenn. You said it yourself that they dropped Filatov. Why? He'll be part of their team in the future without any doubt. It's just their policy. Canada have three 19, two 22 years old players. Its their policy. As simple as that.

Old
05-09-2009, 09:30 AM
MaxV

Quote:
You are missing the point here. Last time they were on top (1992) some people on the forum weren't even born yet. And are you jealous of Chech Republic?
It's Czech Republic, not Chech Republic.

Anyway, what's the argument? That Russia is the only country that cares about this tournament?

I HIGHLY doubt that is the case.

This tournament is big in every elite hockey country in Europe and all of them took roster selections seriously.

As far as Canada and USA are concerned, it's not as big there and they have taken some youngsters, but it's not like they've taken some kids from juniors. They've taken young players who are already contributing in the NHL.

Old
05-09-2009, 11:49 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
And you are judging my mental abilities? The discussion was not about the strength of Russia or the odds of them winning in WC or Olympics, it was about their approach. Nothing more, nothing less. This team has no youngsters at all. All the mentioned players are quite experienced, they are not 19 years old Luke Schenn. You said it yourself that they dropped Filatov. Why? He'll be part of their team in the future without any doubt. It's just their policy. Canada have three 19, two 22 years old players. Its their policy. As simple as that.
whats your problem here at all? Canadians have theyr own mind and head on the shoulders Russians as well. everyone has own rights on own team. thats not your bussines. but once again. that competition is a senior WC ! PS- there was only one 19 years old and one 20 years old players in Team Canada last year!other guys were all older than 24 years. at 2007 WC in Moscow only 2 guys under 21. other guys were very expierenced( mostly 27-28 years). so your point dosnt work at all.

Old
05-09-2009, 12:56 PM
ICBM

Problem here is that we view Team Russia in very different ways. I see a team full of career minor-leaguers that get big contracts in the KHL all the same. People that do not aspire to compete with the best in the game (that's playing in the NHL imo), and money is their only motivator. Some of them are NHL rejects, some never played a game in the league. But altogether they do not entertain me but disgust to a certain extent. Guys like Radulov who played patriotic card when he fled to Russia looking for bigger money is good example here.

We wont see most of them in the Olympics - and thats the only bright side. The young guys: Filatov, Kabanov, Kulemin are different, they are players not employees getting salaries for their work. They want to compete with best. They are the guys you can cheer for.

That's how I see it. But this is just me, you are entitled to your own opinions.

Old
05-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
This has gone way OT. Closed.

Closed Thread