HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Changes need to be made now...

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2004, 03:36 AM
Kingz4life

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Changes need to be made now...

Ok, obviously we can't afford to lose to many more games the rest of the season. We have to make some changes. I don't know how AM is reacting to this situation, but I hope he starts yelling at our players and fire them up. I think the first change we have to make is putting Checkmanek in goal. He needs a chance to prove himself and we have to give it to him especially, now that Huet has hit the wall like he always does. He's just not a # 1 goalie yet. We have to shake up our lines even more now. I also think we might need to change our D-pairings. Bottom line is AM needs to make decisions and he needs to make them fast. I trust he will make the right choices. I'm not giving up on this team, in fact I wont give up until we are mathamatically eliminated from playoff contention. It's time to start showing how much we want it. :mad: A win against the Oilers will be a great start.
P.S. If we score the first goal we better do anything we can to score the second one also.(even if we have to pull the goalie )Seriuosly, if we had scored the second goal in any of these games we couldve won easily.

Last edited by Kingz4life: 03-22-2004 at 05:09 PM.
Old
03-22-2004, 03:53 AM
Mindcircus

I agree that we put in Cechmanek for a string of games if not for the rest of the season. We already know what Huet can or cannot do at this point. He doesn't have much else to prove to us fans. Cechmanek on the other hand is playing for his King career at this point. If he does well... you'll probably see him back next year. If he stinks it up and doesn't shed the rust, we'll be starting someone new in net if there's a next season.

If we lose tomorrow against the Oilers then i see our post season hopes dead. I've been trying to be optimistic through these last 3 loses in a row but 4 straight loses for me is too hard to swallow.

We've been talking about the offseason a lot the past few days and they have been great great reads. I say we ship off Cammy in a package deal since he's been treated like crap and get a new goalie like Biron, or Garon. We trade some of our kids and some trash on our big club to Buffalo for Satan. We then sign Palffy to a long term deal, only if he promises to play a full healthy season. Deadmarsh finds his brain in a gutter near San Francisco and realizes that his concussion is gone and will play. Allison finds his brain in a drainage ditch in Oakland but can't reach it so he remains on the NA list.

Some stuff to swallow i know, some mild comedy as well, and some critisism to come but i don't care. I know i'm not exactly detailed in my offseason moves but hopefully you get the point.

Old
03-22-2004, 04:08 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
I agree that we put in Cechmanek for a string of games if not for the rest of the season. We already know what Huet can or cannot do at this point. He doesn't have much else to prove to us fans. Cechmanek on the other hand is playing for his King career at this point. If he does well... you'll probably see him back next year. If he stinks it up and doesn't shed the rust, we'll be starting someone new in net if there's a next season.

If we lose tomorrow against the Oilers then i see our post season hopes dead. I've been trying to be optimistic through these last 3 loses in a row but 4 straight loses for me is too hard to swallow.

We've been talking about the offseason a lot the past few days and they have been great great reads. I say we ship off Cammy in a package deal since he's been treated like crap and get a new goalie like Biron, or Garon. We trade some of our kids and some trash on our big club to Buffalo for Satan. We then sign Palffy to a long term deal, only if he promises to play a full healthy season. Deadmarsh finds his brain in a gutter near San Francisco and realizes that his concussion is gone and will play. Allison finds his brain in a drainage ditch in Oakland but can't reach it so he remains on the NA list.

Some stuff to swallow i know, some mild comedy as well, and some critisism to come but i don't care. I know i'm not exactly detailed in my offseason moves but hopefully you get the point.
I really dont want to talk abou the offseason, but i will touch on it a little. We can't trade Camms, because we already traded Aulin. We have to re-sign Palffy. We have to wait and see what happens with Allison and Deader. Thats all I want to say about the offseason at this time. I have to see what Chechmanek does in his next game, before I would want him to finish the season our # 1 goalie.

Old
03-22-2004, 09:47 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus
If we lose tomorrow against the Oilers then i see our post season hopes dead.

Yeah, they're dead. The Kings would still have a game in hand on Edmonton and only 3 points behind them, plus the Kings get to play them again. If you say they're dead if they lose this game then you're already not being optimistic

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Mindcircus

There's nothing optimistic about a 4 game losing streak at the end of an NHL season.

Old
03-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Mindcircus

I was a little harsh in saying that our playoff hopes are dead if we lose today. I'll give you that much, but that doesn't mean we're not in a terrible situation. I'll retract what i said if that's allowed and say our chances would be bleak if we lose.

To shed some more light on the matter...

If we lose tonight we'll be 3 points back of the 9th place team, which will be Edmonton. We won't have that one game edge on the Blues or Preds anymore because they are idle tonight. We would still be 2 points back of the Blues and 3 points back of the Preds. We don't have the tie breaker with any of those teams. All of the teams in front of us are playing arguably their best hockey of the year.

If we win tonight we would be tied with the Blues for the 8th spot with no game in hand. We'd be 3 points up on the hot 9th place team in Edmonton. We'd be in a much more desirable situation if we win tonight basically. We'd maybe get some renewed confidence with this win and maybe put a nice string of games together for the last 7. I said a while ago that we can't lose more than 4 games the rest of the way. Well we've lost 3 already. I'll stretch it now to 2 more games we can lose and maybe still get in. If we lose tonight... chances aren't good that we'll go 6-1 the rest of the way.

I've been optimistic all the way... but there's a fine line between optimism and blindness. I'm starting to need my glasses if you know what i mean...

GO KINGS!!

Last edited by Mindcircus: 03-22-2004 at 09:32 PM.
Old
03-22-2004, 06:37 PM
punchy1

I am fence sitting on this whole optomistic issue. I am a realist first. I have called us (prior to the trade deadline) to earn between 86 and 89 points depending. That was with 23 games remaining. I stand by that. I looked at our schedule back then, and almost to a T I were right. The only game I guessed we would do better than we did against were the Habs. I had us with a tie on that one. So, IF we do what I pegged us to, tonight will be TIE for us. The next time we play them will be a win. (variables that are effecting my opinion is us getting Carter and Andy losing his bloody mind even further on line combos)

I am on the fence on the optomism VS realism bit about us for the reason that Andy has made a MASSIVE mistake and I don't know how it will effect us.

Consistency and familiarity is what makes a top six fire. Consistent ice time and knowing your line mates (chemistry).

Andy, took a team that were astonishing everyone and not only made DRASTIC changes to the actual players we dress for each game but, also made changes to who they play with.

In the case of Straka, it makes sense that you try him for three or four games back with Frolov/Stumpel. With Barney, he is young and while very effective, he can play on the Pirnes line as it is a checking line and Pirnes is brilliant at speed and a fine passer. He would get to move and develope. IF Staka don't work, putting him with Pirnes and Barney with F/S is a good thing for all.

Carter on the Avery/Ebell line, fine. It is clear that A/L are the dynamic forces on that line and you can plug in Carter or Cowan if you like and see what is what. If nothing happens (which it did, Carter has had one good game as King and it was there) then you move Carter back a line with Barney/Straka depending.

Andy, has decided to mess about with EVERY LINE. He has placed the following,

Frolov/Pirnes/Barney (pre season, sure give em a go but when Frolov is on a productive line WHY MESS ABOUT)

Luc/Army/Belanger (or) Klatt (again there is simply NO REASON for ebell to be on the team at this point)

Straka/Stumpel/Carter (OK, maybe this would be a good line...THREE YEARS AGO. Maybe it is today as well. Who knows, but, with Stumpel and Frolov playing right well together, WHY MESS ABOUT NOW? He don't like Stumpels production but, HE is the one who is forcing Stumpel to be a #1 Center. A position that the universe knows he isn't up for)

Avery/Ebelltheuseless/Lappy (OK, No doubt I reckon that Avery and Lappy are brilliant and I hope we pick up Lappy again due to the way these two play together, but, Belanger will get his additional 3 to 5 minutes of ice time for some reason only known to Andy and God and will again, be a minus at the end of the night. NO reason for him to be there when Cowan is SIGNIFICANTLY better)

Still, line juggling happens with everyone. Here is why it is a massive mistake. We were doing grand before he started horsing about with the lines. IF IF IF a player isn't producing, you don't RIP APART the lines that ARE working to get him back on his pegs.

The one thing Allison were dead on about were when he said "I don't see why Andy won't leave our line together, it is a geat line" and "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" in regards to that situation. Not Andy, he refuses to leave lines that are productive alone and we are seeing a team fall apart as a result. Not Huets fault, Not Romans fault, ANDYS FAULT.

If I were him which admittedly, thank god for all I am not because I would make a propper mess of things but, if I were, I would go back to what our lines were before he started messing about with them and make the players who have come back from injury earn their spots back by playing on the back lines and getting the occasional shift with their former line mates.

I would bench Ebell and also, Modry. I would keep Miller/Matty together as Miller has shown his self to have lost his game and only plays alright when paired with him.

I would keep Dempsey/Gleason together as I see Dempsey as only slightly better than Modry and Gleason plays stay at home D. So far, ND has done nothing to impress me and if anything, he seems to be out of position more often than not.

Corvo/Vis have played well together and since Vis is a right smart defencive D he can help tutor Corvo along. Good habbits to learn for Joe.

I also would pick my goalie and stick with him the rest of the way regardless of the outcome. If you start Roman and he looks shakey for two goals, yank him. Do the same again the next night.

Lines,

Luc/Army/Klatt

Frolov/Stumpel/Straka (Barney a few shifts if I see Straka floating)

Carter/Avery/Lappy (Cowan a few shifts if Carter sucks)

Cowan/Pirnes/Barney.

Easy Peasy. Sitting are Ebell who has just been bloody awful. I hate to say it as he were one of my favorites but he is lazy in his end and simply awful this year. He is ONLY interested in scoring. Modry for one game. Send him back in, if he doesn't play better in his own end, Swap him with Dempsey for a game. Use them two as rotating defencemen the rest of the way.

PP

Luc/Army/Barney
Frolov/Stumpel(Avery)/Klatt(Straka) *give Avery a few looks centering the PP, he moves with speed and is dead anchored in front of the net. Straka to give it a different look once in awhile.

PK
Frolov/Pirnes
Avery/Klatt

IF I, IF I WERE KING!!!!!!

Last edited by punchy1: 03-22-2004 at 06:40 PM.
Old
03-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Fat Elvis

Well said Punchy, short and sweet to the point.

Old
03-22-2004, 10:44 PM
punchy1

Cheers mate. I had allot more to say but edited myself down. Nothing I hate more than reading one of our posts here where they end up looking clueless because they wanted to keep things short and were unable to make their point.

I may be long winded but, in the end, you know where I stand on the subject.

(imagine how long it would have been if I had left it alone!)

Closed Thread