HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min-Col

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2009, 08:05 PM
  #1
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
Min-Col

To Avs: Josh Harding

To Min: Wojtek Wolski



Both young players, loads of potential, neither has reached it fully yet. Address needs for both teams. What do you think? This is assuming Harding gets signed to a contract either with the Avs right way, or before and then traded.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 08:21 PM
  #2
Red Alberks
Registered User
 
Red Alberks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
I like the idea, but I think Harding has a little more value than just Wolski since Harding is on his way to becoming a very very good #1 goalie. He would be the Wild's #1 if we hadn't found Backstrom.

Red Alberks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 08:25 PM
  #3
bigbadbruins1
Registered User
 
bigbadbruins1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,627
vCash: 500
well I feel like Min. might be more likely to do this, especially if Gaborik walks as a UFA.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 08:59 PM
  #4
AvalancheWarning
Registered User
 
AvalancheWarning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: DENVER
Country: United States
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AvalancheWarning Send a message via Yahoo to AvalancheWarning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alberks View Post
I like the idea, but I think Harding has a little more value than just Wolski since Harding is on his way to becoming a very very good #1 goalie. He would be the Wild's #1 if we hadn't found Backstrom.
Having Backstrom will only hurt you in trade talks for Harding IMO.

AvalancheWarning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 09:03 PM
  #5
PeterTheGreat
Registered User
 
PeterTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alberks View Post
I like the idea, but I think Harding has a little more value than just Wolski since Harding is on his way to becoming a very very good #1 goalie. He would be the Wild's #1 if we hadn't found Backstrom.
Thats a little unfair to say that, because we could just as easily say Wolski is on his way to becoming a very good 1st liner. Both have tremendous potential, neither has realized that potential yet. If anything, Wolski has proven more at the NHL level. He put up a 50, 48, and a 42 point season his first 3 years. His defensive play has really improved, and he's become one of our best PKing and defensive forwards.


Either way, it's an interesting proposal for both teams. If the Avs draft Duchene, it will allow them to explore the option of trading Wolski.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:21 AM
  #6
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13,990
vCash: 500
I think it is a very fair deal. But I am also an Avs fan, so I am a little biased.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM
  #7
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Thats a little unfair to say that, because we could just as easily say Wolski is on his way to becoming a very good 1st liner. Both have tremendous potential, neither has realized that potential yet. If anything, Wolski has proven more at the NHL level. He put up a 50, 48, and a 42 point season his first 3 years. His defensive play has really improved, and he's become one of our best PKing and defensive forwards.


Either way, it's an interesting proposal for both teams. If the Avs draft Duchene, it will allow them to explore the option of trading Wolski.
I think this is a good proposal for both teams - and the addition of Duchene would definitely make the loss of Wolski less damaging. Harding is a very good goalie prospect, but remeber he was 3-9-1 with Minny this year, and he has a 19-27-4-3 lifetime with Minny. He hasn't proven anything yet

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:31 PM
  #8
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I think this is a good proposal for both teams - and the addition of Duchene would definitely make the loss of Wolski less damaging. Harding is a very good goalie prospect, but remeber he was 3-9-1 with Minny this year, and he has a 19-27-4-3 lifetime with Minny. He hasn't proven anything yet
That's a pretty unfair assessment. You have to figure that, as the backup, Harding gets a lot of the back-to-back games. Those games are generally tougher for the team to win as a whole. Instead, look at his SV% (.920) and GAA (2.49). The real question should be: how much are those stats helped by Lemaire's tight system and how much are they reflective of Harding pure skill?

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:24 PM
  #9
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
That's a pretty unfair assessment. You have to figure that, as the backup, Harding gets a lot of the back-to-back games. Those games are generally tougher for the team to win as a whole. Instead, look at his SV% (.920) and GAA (2.49). The real question should be: how much are those stats helped by Lemaire's tight system and how much are they reflective of Harding pure skill?
yes they do play back to backs, but they also play against lower level competitors as well so that balances out

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:29 PM
  #10
Circulartheory
@danccchan
 
Circulartheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I think this is a good proposal for both teams - and the addition of Duchene would definitely make the loss of Wolski less damaging. Harding is a very good goalie prospect, but remeber he was 3-9-1 with Minny this year, and he has a 19-27-4-3 lifetime with Minny. He hasn't proven anything yet
Many of his 9 losses came from relieving Backstrom. So he was unfairly given the 'loss', which sucks for him

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:34 PM
  #11
Boondock
Registered User
 
Boondock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
Many of his 9 losses came from relieving Backstrom. So he was unfairly given the 'loss', which sucks for him
2 - 19 mins played loss to Ott ; 30 mins played loss to LA, all others were full games

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 05:20 PM
  #12
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts
 
DapperDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: place
Country: United States
Posts: 2,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
yes they do play back to backs, but they also play against lower level competitors as well so that balances out
I do believe you are talking out of your ass now

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 02:47 PM
  #13
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,969
vCash: 500
One of the better proposals I've seen on here for a while.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
  #14
NOTENOUGHBREWER
Registered User
 
NOTENOUGHBREWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
I do believe you are talking out of your ass now
He meant in general, backups will play the second half of back to backs and against weaker teams to give the starter a rest.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
  #15
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,146
vCash: 500
I think I've seen this proposal before.... many times lol. It seems to pop up once a month.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 07:07 PM
  #16
Ensane
EL GUAPO
 
Ensane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 15,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
2 - 19 mins played loss to Ott ; 30 mins played loss to LA, all others were full games
And both times he became the goaltender of record, so there was nothing "unfair" about both losses being attributed to him.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 08:22 PM
  #17
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus
 
Zubrus Coffee Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cobourg, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,387
vCash: 500
this works for both teams.......am i on the right website?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
  #18
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,581
vCash: 500
I'm here to agree with everybody. Great trade I think. Duchene or whomever they get should relieve the pain of losing Wolski. Minnesota doesn't hurt from this at all.

Ideal trade I think.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:21 AM
  #19
Goulet17
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
I would rather retain Wolski.

Goaltending prospects are, to bother a tired phrase, a "dime a dozen" at this point in time.

Wolski has shown tantalizing elite top-6 potential at times in his career. He may never reach that status, it is a crapshoot, but I would rather take my chances on a player that has shown more on the NHL level.

Goaltending prospects are very difficult to accurately evaluate IMO. It is akin to evaluating a quarterback for the NFL, too many intangibles exist to evaluate properly.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:29 AM
  #20
Oblivion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 500
I think there is value in this proposal and its relatively realistic. I could this trade actually going down. I think both players have similar value and they both address a need for both teams.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:55 AM
  #21
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
 
Marlowe Syn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the grift
Country: United States
Posts: 1,354
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I would rather retain Wolski.

Goaltending prospects are, to bother a tired phrase, a "dime a dozen" at this point in time.

Wolski has shown tantalizing elite top-6 potential at times in his career. He may never reach that status, it is a crapshoot, but I would rather take my chances on a player that has shown more on the NHL level.

Goaltending prospects are very difficult to accurately evaluate IMO. It is akin to evaluating a quarterback for the NFL, too many intangibles exist to evaluate properly.
I disagree with the bolded statement, to a point. I do agree that there are a lot of good young goaltenders out there. But not many teams are going to be as willing to deal them like Minnesota presumably is. I think this is a perfect trade for both teams. Like stated, it fills needs for both teams.
I don't think it'll happen though. Aside from last season Colorado still has an excellent winning tradition and will probably parlay that rep into getting a Fernandez or Khabibulin via free agency at a reasonable price. Why give up a solid top six forward if you don't have to?

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:08 AM
  #22
Lainey
Registered User
 
Lainey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
To Avs: Josh Harding

To Min: Wojtek Wolski



Both young players, loads of potential, neither has reached it fully yet. Address needs for both teams. What do you think? This is assuming Harding gets signed to a contract either with the Avs right way, or before and then traded.
As a CBJ fan, I don't want to see this trade happen because I think it makes both teams better, and both teams have been lethal against my club for some time (but no the Avs this year, mwahaha).

Seriously though, it looks like a pretty fair trade, maybe a Colorado makes out a little better, Harding sure looks like a number one goalie.

Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:25 AM
  #23
Pioneer13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Como
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
In a heartbeat. Both teams get better. Done deal.

Pioneer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:14 PM
  #24
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
That's a pretty unfair assessment. You have to figure that, as the backup, Harding gets a lot of the back-to-back games. Those games are generally tougher for the team to win as a whole. Instead, look at his SV% (.920) and GAA (2.49). The real question should be: how much are those stats helped by Lemaire's tight system and how much are they reflective of Harding pure skill?
his stats were similar to Backstrom's, except he got jack squat for goal support.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
  #25
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
If the Avs really want Harding they should just sign him to an offer sheet.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.