HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min-Col

Old
05-06-2009, 08:05 PM
PeterTheGreat

vCash: 500
Min-Col

To Avs: Josh Harding

To Min: Wojtek Wolski

Both young players, loads of potential, neither has reached it fully yet. Address needs for both teams. What do you think? This is assuming Harding gets signed to a contract either with the Avs right way, or before and then traded.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Red Alberks

I like the idea, but I think Harding has a little more value than just Wolski since Harding is on his way to becoming a very very good #1 goalie. He would be the Wild's #1 if we hadn't found Backstrom.

Red Alberks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 08:25 PM
bigbadbruins1

well I feel like Min. might be more likely to do this, especially if Gaborik walks as a UFA.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 08:59 PM
AvalancheWarning

Send a message via MSN to AvalancheWarning Send a message via Yahoo to AvalancheWarning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alberks View Post
I like the idea, but I think Harding has a little more value than just Wolski since Harding is on his way to becoming a very very good #1 goalie. He would be the Wild's #1 if we hadn't found Backstrom.
Having Backstrom will only hurt you in trade talks for Harding IMO.

AvalancheWarning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2009, 09:03 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alberks View Post
Thats a little unfair to say that, because we could just as easily say Wolski is on his way to becoming a very good 1st liner. Both have tremendous potential, neither has realized that potential yet. If anything, Wolski has proven more at the NHL level. He put up a 50, 48, and a 42 point season his first 3 years. His defensive play has really improved, and he's become one of our best PKing and defensive forwards.

Either way, it's an interesting proposal for both teams. If the Avs draft Duchene, it will allow them to explore the option of trading Wolski.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:21 AM
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy

I think it is a very fair deal. But I am also an Avs fan, so I am a little biased.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Thats a little unfair to say that, because we could just as easily say Wolski is on his way to becoming a very good 1st liner. Both have tremendous potential, neither has realized that potential yet. If anything, Wolski has proven more at the NHL level. He put up a 50, 48, and a 42 point season his first 3 years. His defensive play has really improved, and he's become one of our best PKing and defensive forwards.

Either way, it's an interesting proposal for both teams. If the Avs draft Duchene, it will allow them to explore the option of trading Wolski.
I think this is a good proposal for both teams - and the addition of Duchene would definitely make the loss of Wolski less damaging. Harding is a very good goalie prospect, but remeber he was 3-9-1 with Minny this year, and he has a 19-27-4-3 lifetime with Minny. He hasn't proven anything yet

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:31 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I think this is a good proposal for both teams - and the addition of Duchene would definitely make the loss of Wolski less damaging. Harding is a very good goalie prospect, but remeber he was 3-9-1 with Minny this year, and he has a 19-27-4-3 lifetime with Minny. He hasn't proven anything yet
That's a pretty unfair assessment. You have to figure that, as the backup, Harding gets a lot of the back-to-back games. Those games are generally tougher for the team to win as a whole. Instead, look at his SV% (.920) and GAA (2.49). The real question should be: how much are those stats helped by Lemaire's tight system and how much are they reflective of Harding pure skill?

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
That's a pretty unfair assessment. You have to figure that, as the backup, Harding gets a lot of the back-to-back games. Those games are generally tougher for the team to win as a whole. Instead, look at his SV% (.920) and GAA (2.49). The real question should be: how much are those stats helped by Lemaire's tight system and how much are they reflective of Harding pure skill?
yes they do play back to backs, but they also play against lower level competitors as well so that balances out

Old
05-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

Quote:
Many of his 9 losses came from relieving Backstrom. So he was unfairly given the 'loss', which sucks for him

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircularTheory View Post
Many of his 9 losses came from relieving Backstrom. So he was unfairly given the 'loss', which sucks for him
2 - 19 mins played loss to Ott ; 30 mins played loss to LA, all others were full games

Old
05-07-2009, 05:20 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
yes they do play back to backs, but they also play against lower level competitors as well so that balances out
I do believe you are talking out of your ass now

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Surly Furious

One of the better proposals I've seen on here for a while.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
I do believe you are talking out of your ass now
He meant in general, backups will play the second half of back to backs and against weaker teams to give the starter a rest.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

I think I've seen this proposal before.... many times lol. It seems to pop up once a month.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
2 - 19 mins played loss to Ott ; 30 mins played loss to LA, all others were full games
And both times he became the goaltender of record, so there was nothing "unfair" about both losses being attributed to him.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

this works for both teams.......am i on the right website?

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Garbage Goal

I'm here to agree with everybody. Great trade I think. Duchene or whomever they get should relieve the pain of losing Wolski. Minnesota doesn't hurt from this at all.

Ideal trade I think.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Goulet17

I would rather retain Wolski.

Goaltending prospects are, to bother a tired phrase, a "dime a dozen" at this point in time.

Wolski has shown tantalizing elite top-6 potential at times in his career. He may never reach that status, it is a crapshoot, but I would rather take my chances on a player that has shown more on the NHL level.

Goaltending prospects are very difficult to accurately evaluate IMO. It is akin to evaluating a quarterback for the NFL, too many intangibles exist to evaluate properly.

Goulet17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Oblivion

I think there is value in this proposal and its relatively realistic. I could this trade actually going down. I think both players have similar value and they both address a need for both teams.

Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
I would rather retain Wolski.

Goaltending prospects are, to bother a tired phrase, a "dime a dozen" at this point in time.

Wolski has shown tantalizing elite top-6 potential at times in his career. He may never reach that status, it is a crapshoot, but I would rather take my chances on a player that has shown more on the NHL level.

Goaltending prospects are very difficult to accurately evaluate IMO. It is akin to evaluating a quarterback for the NFL, too many intangibles exist to evaluate properly.
I disagree with the bolded statement, to a point. I do agree that there are a lot of good young goaltenders out there. But not many teams are going to be as willing to deal them like Minnesota presumably is. I think this is a perfect trade for both teams. Like stated, it fills needs for both teams.
I don't think it'll happen though. Aside from last season Colorado still has an excellent winning tradition and will probably parlay that rep into getting a Fernandez or Khabibulin via free agency at a reasonable price. Why give up a solid top six forward if you don't have to?

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Lainey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
To Avs: Josh Harding

To Min: Wojtek Wolski

Both young players, loads of potential, neither has reached it fully yet. Address needs for both teams. What do you think? This is assuming Harding gets signed to a contract either with the Avs right way, or before and then traded.
As a CBJ fan, I don't want to see this trade happen because I think it makes both teams better, and both teams have been lethal against my club for some time (but no the Avs this year, mwahaha).

Seriously though, it looks like a pretty fair trade, maybe a Colorado makes out a little better, Harding sure looks like a number one goalie.

Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Pioneer13

In a heartbeat. Both teams get better. Done deal.

Pioneer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:14 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
his stats were similar to Backstrom's, except he got jack squat for goal support.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

If the Avs really want Harding they should just sign him to an offer sheet.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote