HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

THE Overtime Winner - Game 3 Post Game and Continued Discussion

Old
05-07-2009, 12:23 AM
SludgeFactory

vCash: 500
RIGHT FUGGIN ON!!! I was at work but was still able to catch most of the game, What a win. congrats boys, high fives and clinked glass all around wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooo

SludgeFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post
There have been too many times on this board where praising one comes off as dissing the other, and I don't mean to contribute to that either.

On this night I just cannot understand why there's even a discussion.
Crosby had dashes every bit as impressive as Malkin's tonight, not to mention his getting up from a huge hit to dominate play, and when he lost his helmet and still embarrassed the Caps along the boards. Then there's his aggressive checking in his own end.

He was a juggernaut out there, at both ends of the ice.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:34 AM
ComplianceBuyout

Gina helped us a lot too, from the main GDT

ComplianceBuyout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by G60time View Post

If I ever see her in person, I'm going to start a fight with her just so she'll kick my ass.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Bylsmagic

main board GDT is

Bylsmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:00 AM
trilobyte

I hope the Penguins take it to them hard again. That's the way to beat the Caps, don't let them take it to you!

Offense....offense....offense.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Norbert

Hi guys, I came back to check the score after youth group made me miss the most epic third period and ot ever, apparently...

But the thread made me feel like I was there. Some thoughts:

1) lol at the letang bashing followed by the miracle. good on em.

2) Malkin on his way to becoming a presence in the series is great news.

3) **** you, shinoix and captain crappants.

And, I know this has already been posted, but:

PEANUT BUTTER JELLYPEANUT BUTTER JELLYPEANUT BUTTER JELLYPEANUT BUTTER JELLY

Norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 01:37 AM
ComplianceBuyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
If I ever see her in person, I'm going to start a fight with her just so she'll kick my ass.
I would feel in heaven passing out in one of her triangle chokes

ComplianceBuyout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:07 AM
Malkin4Top6Wingerz
Can you like, shutup

Damnit, I'm trying to watch the Boudreau press conference on the Caps.TV site and the NHL homepage but for each 40 seconds in it keeps resetting. All the other videos work flawlessly. Sigh, I really wanted to hear his whining because the beginning did not dissapoint.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Letang fan 58
No More Fleury

What a great game. I still dont think Varlamov can keep this up forever, he's gonna have a bad game soon. Malkin was an absolute monster tonight. Letang getting unreal chances time after time and finally puts one in the back of the net, hopefully this helps his confidence. Staal has to hit the net with his shots and come through with a goal soon because although hes in a defensive role someone who is getting that kind of chances needs to stick one in once in a while.

Letang fan 58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Pick87your71Poison

Quote:
Originally Posted by aislephive View Post
Damnit, I'm trying to watch the Boudreau press conference on the Caps.TV site and the NHL homepage but for each 40 seconds in it keeps resetting. All the other videos work flawlessly. Sigh, I really wanted to hear his whining because the beginning did not dissapoint.
Yeah, I had the same problem. It's quite upsetting cause you know the entire thing would be amusing. At least he didn't let us down in those 40 seconds.

Pick87your71Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:28 AM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aislephive View Post
I'll sum it up.

Crosby whines and dives!

Refs fix games for the Pens!

If we did not go to the box every second we would have had 80 shots, and allowed 6.

We were the better team.

Penguins need to worry about their future, aslong as they got Crosby they cannot afford anyone else!

*crys*

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 02:34 AM
66-29-33

Something is wrong with the Pens website...i am trying to watch coach B's presser and it had 2 running, i pause the only 1 that i have running, and there is an invisible page somewhere or something, the paused video is paused but you hear coach B talking.

Old
05-07-2009, 02:56 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Something is wrong with the Pens website...i am trying to watch coach B's presser and it had 2 running, i pause the only 1 that i have running, and there is an invisible page somewhere or something, the paused video is paused but you hear coach B talking.
When that happens you will typically without knowing it have activated one of the clips shown beneath the clip are trying to run. When the same happened to me earlier, I just clicked once on the image of the unwanted video that was running in the background, and it stopped.
But its a real annoying glitch, I agree.

As for that discussion.... it cannot end well, so I will leave it with the passing shot that I was much more impressed with Crosby's performance than the arguments made to vault him to Pen of the match .

"ZOMG, he beat pylons on the board WITHOUT HIS HELMET ON!!! He was hit hard and he didn't wither and die!!!" .

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 03:10 AM
66-29-33

I love that the Pens won, why? my work is about as bad as HF boards when it comes to my team. I also got some really obnoxious people working there, one is a bandwagon Caps fan. You never heard a peep from him about the Caps, not one, and he's always talking hockey..his Canucks. I call him a bandwagon fan and he's naming people from the Bondra days. I called him a bandwagon fan again today. The guy's getting on my nerves! and he's in his 40's saying it's "being competitive". He used to be pro Crosby, all up in his grill saying how good he is, now he's anti Crosby and loves Ovy so much. I told him at work that Ovechkin is turning into a whiner lately, and he says "no you are the whiner" LOL!!! He looks at my like i'm an idiot saying Pens are gonna win game 3. It's gonna be an AWESOME day at work in 10 hours!!!!!

People are calling me a bandwagon hockey fan at my work, saying i am only a fan because Pens are good, and because of Crosby. Makes me wanna quit hearing the word "bandwagon" after all the support i've gave them since i became a fan in 1995.

Old
05-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Riggs
Kaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by There's only one 66 View Post
ZOMG, he beat pylons on the board WITHOUT HIS HELMET ON!!!

If Geno lost his helmet once during that game the statue in front of the new arena would be of him.

Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Kegger

Credit to the Penguins, they came back home and did what they had to do...and that was not to go down 3-0 in the series. Sure has been exciting with all the games being decided by one goal.

Sure Boudreau and Ovechkin are overstating the penalty calls a bit, but they are working the ref's the same way Cooke and Bylsma were working the ref's after the last game. I see no difference between the two teams tactics. Chill out guys, unfortunately its part of the mental game...

Looking forward to Friday.

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 07:43 AM
mrzeigler
Geno and Juss '13

great game to be at. First time this postseason the crowd matched last year's intensity.

mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 07:47 AM

It started out really sloppy but that was a great game by the Pens. Hard work at getting to loose pucks and really good net/ slot presence. It was also good to see the Pens press the issue and drive to the net with the puck. It forced the Caps into PIM trouble. When the Pens have that buzz about them they just build off of it... they just need a way to make it bleed into the next shift and keep it roling.

I don't see them getting much mention but RFed had a great game and Satan played well too. It was Feds play early in the game that got Malkin going IMO. Kunitz isn't finishing but I like his active game and how he rocks the D.

Varlly's rebound control is really bad. The Pens really need to hit the net more than pick corners on him. More shots from the middle of the ice would be good too.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 07:52 AM
NastyNick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegger View Post
Sure Boudreau and Ovechkin are overstating the penalty calls a bit, but they are working the ref's the same way Cooke and Bylsma were working the ref's after the last game. I see no difference between the two teams tactics. Chill out guys, unfortunately its part of the mental game...
One team provides video and individual incidents to observe and debate, but ultimately calls the officiating acceptable.

The other team calls the refs a joke and makes vague references to various infractions.

Theres a right way and a wrong way to handle the officiating. The Pens approach probably helped them in getting a call or two tonight. The caps approach will probably hurt them in game 4.

NastyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 08:00 AM
psu711

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPenalty View Post
One team provides video and individual incidents to observe and debate, but ultimately calls the officiating acceptable.

The other team calls the refs a joke and makes vague references to various infractions.

Theres a right way and a wrong way to handle the officiating. The Pens approach probably helped them in getting a call or two tonight. The caps approach will probably hurt them in game 4.
I am so glad our coach took the high road when asked about the OBS call with 2:30 to play in the 3rd period of a 2-1 playoff game... I think the vast magority of coaches in this league would have went ape **** about the refs for making a borderline call there. He handled it perfectly.

psu711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 08:40 AM
PenguinGuru*

Quote:
Originally Posted by psu711 View Post
I am so glad our coach took the high road when asked about the OBS call with 2:30 to play in the 3rd period of a 2-1 playoff game... I think the vast magority of coaches in this league would have went ape **** about the refs for making a borderline call there. He handled it perfectly.
he shows unyeilding faith in the teams PK. I like that about him

PenguinGuru* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
I love that the Pens won, why? my work is about as bad as HF boards when it comes to my team. I also got some really obnoxious people working there, one is a bandwagon Caps fan. You never heard a peep from him about the Caps, not one, and he's always talking hockey..his Canucks. I call him a bandwagon fan and he's naming people from the Bondra days. I called him a bandwagon fan again today. The guy's getting on my nerves! and he's in his 40's saying it's "being competitive". He used to be pro Crosby, all up in his grill saying how good he is, now he's anti Crosby and loves Ovy so much. I told him at work that Ovechkin is turning into a whiner lately, and he says "no you are the whiner" LOL!!! He looks at my like i'm an idiot saying Pens are gonna win game 3. It's gonna be an AWESOME day at work in 10 hours!!!!!

People are calling me a bandwagon hockey fan at my work, saying i am only a fan because Pens are good, and because of Crosby. Makes me wanna quit hearing the word "bandwagon" after all the support i've gave them since i became a fan in 1995.

Who the cares what the others think,I live in Montreal and when I tell people I'm a Pens fan they are quick to say since when last year or since they drafted Sid? Screw them all

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 08:54 AM
DockEllisExperience

Quote:
Originally Posted by G60time View Post

who's that?

DockEllisExperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by psu711 View Post
I too am glad because there was nothing to say about that penalty. It was a bad bad penalty by Dupuis, who is currently providing the team with nothing. I hope we sit Dupuis down the next game and give Sykora another crack. Satan has earned his spot, imo. He's doing a good job of hustling and backchecking and even creating a little offense in the Caps end.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote