HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Karlsson: CHECK! hes signed

Old
05-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Captain Amazing

vCash: 500
I don't know if its been mentioned yet, but Karlsson seems to be a little light, and possibly out of shape.

Captain Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 12:51 AM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Amazing View Post
I don't know if its been mentioned yet, but Karlsson seems to be a little light, and possibly out of shape.
And that sun is bright eh?

KRM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Amazing View Post
Never heard of that

Oustide of the 3847 threads that talks about it... no, never

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Germz
4th liners ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
2010-2011 defense :

Kuba-Volchenkov
Phillips-Lee
Karlsson-Campoli OR Picard

Wiercioch is the next to graduate (if he ever does). Should he replace Phillips roster spot when he's ready?
To me, Wiercioch is still too much of an unknown. I've never actually seen him play. TMV might have a better idea, what with him being up on the NCAA and whatnot.

You're right to point out that Phillips will be a UFA after that season, but he has so much history here that I always imagined him falling to 3rd pairing before being let go.

There are two seasons of hockey to play before then, and I never like to try and figure things out that far in advance. The possibilities are endless. Maybe we'll luck into a true #1 somehow.

Germz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germz View Post
To me, Wiercioch is still too much of an unknown. I've never actually seen him play. TMV might have a better idea, what with him being up on the NCAA and whatnot.

You're right to point out that Phillips will be a UFA after that season, but he has so much history here that I always imagined him falling to 3rd pairing before being let go.

There are two seasons of hockey to play before then, and I never like to try and figure things out that far in advance. The possibilities are endless. Maybe we'll luck into a true #1 somehow.
Oh you're right, so many things can happen until then. This was more a projection or something because i have no idea of the future. But i also agree on Phillips. I see him take a home discount (around 2M$ and stay in Ottawa for a couple more years, until he retires). He would be a great 3rd pairing guy with leadership and experience, showing the way for the young ones.

If both Karlsson and Wiercioch make the team and if we keep Lee and Volchenkov, that's already 4 potential top-4 D-men. What are we doing with Kuba, Phillips, Campoli and Picard? We can't have 8 quality D-men... too bad

The good thing thing is that Kuba only have 1 year NTC, means we can trade him after to save cap space and open a roster spot. But, before doing that, we need to see how Karlsson, Lee, Campoli and Picard will progress...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote