Eklund Warning... Phaneuf Rumour

Old
05-29-2009, 09:48 PM
TnT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
They are rumours. Jesus christ.

As I said, his sources tell him what is going on.

Eklund was right about Jokinen coming to Calgary for a while, he always had Sutter going after him. Was it a coincidence we finally got him at the deadline?

It's not far fetched that some GMs inquire on players, and that GM B says what the price is. The sources just tell him what is being discussed.

Mod-edit: deleted.
I usually disagree with your posts...but I'm not vocal about it because you're entitled to your opinion. But I agree with this, the guy just reports rumours he hears, doesn't mean it will happen.

Last edited by Snoil11: 05-30-2009 at 05:13 AM. Reason: qep
TnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
I would say worse, because he literally makes stuff up out of the blue.
evidence? you can't just go and make allegations without proof... read what his rating mean... he reports everything he is told... he admits that... of course most aren't going to happen

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Gold Pads*
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

[QUOTE=jeremywilhelm;19732762
Incorrect Rumors since January 2008: 457
Correct Rumors since January 2008: 15
Success Rate since January 2008: 3.1%[/QUOTE]

What's an incorrect rumor? You seem to be having trouble understanding that when he sais he's hearing that something is being discussed, that is not him saying that something is going to happen. It means it's being discussed. And he gets 3.1% right? That's a great display of how he only tells us about the ones that could happen.

If he told us about every player being talked about to every team all year, we'd get about 10,000 reports per season and maybe 0.01% would happen. You've got to understand what your looking at when you see things like this. The fact is, he does have good NHL sources now, even if he lied about his personal profile in the past when he was pushing his anonymous angle more.

By now we all know who he is, and I've seen him on Sportsnet, I've seen him talking to 'legit' reporters, seen him at the last several drafts, with the press core....he has sources. He only looks like an idiot when someones takes every *discussion* he reports and tries to say he's reporting something as a sure thing.

Gold Pads* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 10:56 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
They are rumours. Jesus christ.

As I said, his sources tell him what is going on.

Eklund was right about Jokinen coming to Calgary for a while, he always had Sutter going after him. Was it a coincidence we finally got him at the deadline?

It's not far fetched that some GMs inquire on players, and that GM B says what the price is. The sources just tell him what is being discussed.

But some of you retards think, he is reporting what will happen.
I agree. Don't really understand all the hate that Eklund gets. He has sources there is no doubt about that and he just reports what he hears. It's interesting to read and you have to take it for what it is. And quite frankly if you don't like it then don't bother reading it or don't bother posting in threads that involve an Eklund rumour. Pretty simple to me.

As for the rumour today:

Quote:
Phaneuf PLUS to Florida for Jay Bouwmeester's rights.
So now it's Phaneuf and whatever for the right's of Bouwmeester? Two weeks ago wasn't it the other way around? Don't see why a few weeks would dimish Dion's value where now we are adding on. Just don't see it happening. Phaneuf is going nowhere.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 11:00 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
I agree. Don't really understand all the hate that Eklund gets. He has sources there is no doubt about that and he just reports what he hears. It's interesting to read and you have to take it for what it is. And quite frankly if you don't like it then don't bother reading it or don't bother posting in threads that involve an Eklund rumour. Pretty simple to me.

As for the rumour today:

So now it's Phaneuf and whatever for the right's of Bouwmeester? Two weeks ago wasn't it the other way around? Don't see why a few weeks would dimish Dion's value where now we are adding on. Just don't see it happening. Phaneuf is going nowhere.
The only remotely possible thign IF this is reality is a salary dump for the other... I want Phaneuf to stay

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 11:03 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
The only remotely possible thign IF this is reality is a salary dump for the other... I want Phaneuf to stay
Still don't see it. If we need to dump salary then Sutter will find another way to do it. I truly believe Sutter has no intentions of trading Phaneuf anytime soon.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2009, 11:07 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan12 View Post
Still don't see it. If we need to dump salary then Sutter will find another way to do it. I truly believe Sutter has no intentions of trading Phaneuf anytime soon.
Oh not dumping Dion's salary I meant the other plaeyrs part.... Phaneuf is blue chip and I beleive he will not be moving.

Old
05-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Gold Pads*
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

Quote:
This is kind of what I thought about it. I'm sure there is more coming back. Sutter's no fool. But if we can loose a couple sluff salaries in the deal and bring back other parts, I'm all for it. So yeah, I'm thinking salary dump but more legit value could be going too. All depends on what's coming back, of course.

Gold Pads* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 11:28 AM
abracanada

One thing I know, Bouwmeester played incredible hockey when he came into Calgary. He put on a show. Was he showcasing himself?

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Flames 1st pick

Trade Phaneuf for a top 5 pick AND sign JayB.

If Sutter can do that, I promise not complain on him ever again. And make him the Flames GM for life but of course I have no power to do that.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
Trade Phaneuf for a top 5 pick AND sign JayB.

If Sutter can do that, I promise not complain on him ever again. And make him the Flames GM for life but of course I have no power to do that.
Who do you want to draft with that top-5 pick? Do you want to start a rebuild with that pick or do you believe a top-5 pick in this year's draft would improve the Flames' roster immediately?

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
my first trade proposal. You'll be glad to know I didn't run it through NHL09 first. I'm really not sure what the value is of some of the florida players. Flame away. I can take your hate.

If Bouwmeester signs with calgary after his rights being moved..
EDIT: Just took a look at Floridas cap situation, so I doubt these would work.

To Florida
Phaneuf
To Calgary
Bouwmeester rights
Pick or prospect
These arent my final proposals, gonna keep messing around with them

The pick or prospect is just to balance it out. If Phaneuf is moved, they have a #1 Franchise D-man locked down for several years. My reasoning for the pick is that they give up their top d-man who doesn't want to sign with florida, and recieve another one who's already signed. While the swap would somewhat balance out for Calgary if they removed the pick, Florida gains.

If he doesn;t resign

To Florida
Phaneuf

To Calgary
One of the following:Repik, Ellerby, Matthias
Ballard
Pick, depending on which players would be moved.

Last edited by Skobel24: 05-30-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 03:04 PM
GoFlames

The only way I see this far fetched deal go through which Eklund has e4 whatever that means is for Sutter to dump salary the other way. Would Florida want Olli, think that answer is obvious. Then a Langkow, Vandermeer etc... perhaps.

Old
05-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Quote:
The only way I see this far fetched deal go through which Eklund has e4 whatever that means is for Sutter to dump salary the other way. Would Florida want Olli, think that answer is obvious. Then a Langkow, Vandermeer etc... perhaps.
Refresh my memory. Why did Florida trade JokinenÉ

Last edited by Snoil11: 05-30-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: OT/Problem solved
Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 05:21 PM
bam09

Ballard will be out of the question. Him and Phaneuf would be the first pairing, and Panthers fans are drooling over that.

But I would one of: Mathias, Frolik, Markstrom, Ellerby or their first coming our way.

And if we do keep our pick this year, and get theirs, we need to trade up. An impact player that we can stick on our top 6 immediately at a rookie contract will be great.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2009, 07:40 PM
GoFlames

Oh Ballard would be great, or Frolik. Either way we would get tons back for Phaneuf. I would also not mind switching first round picks so the Flames should they want to trade up have to release less to do so.

Old
05-30-2009, 07:41 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel55 View Post
Refresh my memory. Why did Florida trade JokinenÉ

LOL I was sarcastic

Old
05-31-2009, 03:59 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Who do you want to draft with that top-5 pick? Do you want to start a rebuild with that pick or do you believe a top-5 pick in this year's draft would improve the Flames' roster immediately?
My point is JayB more than replaced Phaneuf and the Flames get a free top 5 pick.

Old
05-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

Don't waste your time reading proposals that include Booth, Frolik or Markström because it's just not going to happen. They pretty much are our future.

This "Bo-Phaneuf" deal won't happen.

Panthers607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 09:43 AM
jeremywilhelm

Wow, you guys seriously over-rate Bouwmeester. The guy dissapeared for the last quarter of the season and was probably the number one reason the Panthers fell out of playoff contention.

jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 11:24 AM
jeremywilhelm

Lets just think about how stupid this proposal is for a second, and why it will never happen.

Phaneuf has more points in his career than Bouwmeester.

Phaneuf 4 years - 206 points
Bouwmeester 6 years - 204 points

Phaneuf - a career +16 player
Bouwmeester - career -27

Phaneuf - 65 goals in 323 games
Bouwmeester - 53 goals in 471 games

Phaneuf in his worst career year put up 47 points
Bouwmeester didnt even put up 47 points in his best career year
In fact Phenuf put up more points in his rookie year than Bouwmeester put up in his BEST career year. 49 points to 46 points.

Phaneuf is also two years younger than Bouwmeester.

Now, do you feel stupid?

Old
05-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
Lets just think about how stupid this proposal is for a second, and why it will never happen.

Phaneuf has more points in his career than Bouwmeester.

Phaneuf 4 years - 206 points
Bouwmeester 6 years - 204 points

Phaneuf - a career +16 player
Bouwmeester - career -27

Phaneuf - 65 goals in 323 games
Bouwmeester - 53 goals in 471 games

Phaneuf in his worst career year put up 47 points
Bouwmeester didnt even put up 47 points in his best career year
In fact Phenuf put up more points in his rookie year than Bouwmeester put up in his BEST career year. 49 points to 46 points.

Phaneuf is also two years younger than Bouwmeester.

Now, do you feel stupid?
Did you watch Phaneuf last year? There is more than put up points for a dman, otherwise Bryan McCabe would be a Norris contender.

The suggestion is to trade Phaneuf for a top pick AND use the money to sign JayB. Under that situation, it's a good trade off for the Flames.

Finally, unless Phaneuf learns how to play defense, I rather have JayB. Phaneuf was horrible defensively, unless he fixes that soon, nobody is going to want to touch him with that contract he has.

Old
05-31-2009, 12:18 PM
jeremywilhelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
Did you watch Phaneuf last year? There is more than put up points for a dman, otherwise Bryan McCabe would be a Norris contender.

The suggestion is to trade Phaneuf for a top pick AND use the money to sign JayB. Under that situation, it's a good trade off for the Flames.

Finally, unless Phaneuf learns how to play defense, I rather have JayB. Phaneuf was horrible defensively, unless he fixes that soon, nobody is going to want to touch him with that contract he has.
Did you watch Bouwmeester this year, yeah, at times he looked great, other times the guy made mistakes as stupid or more so than Phaneuf. Florida did not make the playoffs because Bouwmeester dissapeared for the last month of the regular season. Plus/minus is a flawed stat, but Bouwmeester was on the ice for more goals against than goals produced. This cant happen when you are on the ice for 30 minutes a game. (Bouwmeester has 2 more years and 138 more games of experience than Phaneuf, and has never helped his team into the playoffs, and has only once had a significant + year, whoopie)

The guy is no better than Phaneuf, you gotta take of the grass is greener goggles.

Old
05-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Wyrm

Bouwmeester to the Canucks after July 1.

Wyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Grannys

Id take Frolik for Phaneuf.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote