Notices

Eklund Warning... Phaneuf Rumour

Old
05-31-2009, 01:54 PM
GoFlames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
Lets just think about how stupid this proposal is for a second, and why it will never happen.

Phaneuf has more points in his career than Bouwmeester.

Phaneuf 4 years - 206 points
Bouwmeester 6 years - 204 points

Phaneuf - a career +16 player
Bouwmeester - career -27

Phaneuf - 65 goals in 323 games
Bouwmeester - 53 goals in 471 games

Phaneuf in his worst career year put up 47 points
Bouwmeester didnt even put up 47 points in his best career year
In fact Phenuf put up more points in his rookie year than Bouwmeester put up in his BEST career year. 49 points to 46 points.

Phaneuf is also two years younger than Bouwmeester.

Now, do you feel stupid?
Great post. I have this blue line fantasy that involves Phaneuf AND Jay Bo. I would be ticked if Phaneuf was traded...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Pardy Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
Id take Frolik for Phaneuf.
Are you serious?

Pardy Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
bam09

+/- is the most useless stat. I can make a case that Ovechkin has been better defensively than Crosby over the past 2 years using that logic.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 05:28 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Booth and Weiss would not be moved in this type of deal. Horton,there could be talks around him. His work ethic is a major issue but I don't see Horton being moved for a Dman. We are looking to add to our top six forwards,not take away.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2009, 05:30 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam09 View Post
I hope one of the assets is Frolik, Mathias, Ellerby or even Markstrom.
Not a chance. It's not like they are drooling over Dion's game.

Old
05-31-2009, 05:32 PM
CanadianPantherFan

A line of Stillman-Cam-Horton... I'd love to see. Langkow's name has been thrown around too as a centre is needed,but I prefer Cam seeing he is a UFA. too.

Old
05-31-2009, 05:38 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
One thing I know, Bouwmeester played incredible hockey when he came into Calgary. He put on a show. Was he showcasing himself?
He looks good on quality/"fast" ice. It might be simple as that. Living in Calgary,and Panthers being my team... I think that is a good assumption.

Old
06-01-2009, 12:54 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
He looks good on quality/"fast" ice. It might be simple as that. Living in Calgary,and Panthers being my team... I think that is a good assumption.
Well Jacques Martin is the new Habs coach. Interesting and might make all these trades past their best before date. I would hesitate a guess that JB will be a UFA and the Flames can sign him that way while keeping Phaneuf, the ultimate solution.

If so we would have a great back end (well defence at least)

Phaneuf - Bouwmeester
Regehr - Sarich
Giordano - Pardy
Negrin (possibly)

Move Vandermeer for picks and do not resign Aucoin or Leopold.

We are younger with an average age around 25 and faster (JB + Negrin > Aucoin - Leopold - Vandermeer).

That would be a mean back end.

Old
06-01-2009, 04:06 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Well Jacques Martin is the new Habs coach. Interesting and might make all these trades past their best before date. I would hesitate a guess that JB will be a UFA and the Flames can sign him that way while keeping Phaneuf, the ultimate solution.

If so we would have a great back end (well defence at least)

Phaneuf - Bouwmeester
Regehr - Sarich
Giordano - Pardy
Negrin (possibly)

Move Vandermeer for picks and do not resign Aucoin or Leopold.

We are younger with an average age around 25 and faster (JB + Negrin > Aucoin - Leopold - Vandermeer).

That would be a mean back end.
It's called a SALARY CAP. How can you afford Bou WITH Dion's bloated contract,and not address your top 6 after Cam leaves,Olli gone in a year or less and still no backup goalie plan? Teams are not going to just take the likes of Aucoin and Vandermeer's of the world off your hands for no picks or prospects in return which would further deplete your farm system. In closing, more pressure onto the shoulders of Moss/Boyd/Backlund/Glencross/Bourque etc...

Old
06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
It's called a SALARY CAP. How can you afford Bou WITH Dion's bloated contract,and not address your top 6 after Cam leaves,Olli gone in a year or less and still no backup goalie plan? Teams are not going to just take the likes of Aucoin and Vandermeer's of the world off your hands for no picks or prospects in return which would further deplete your farm system. In closing, more pressure onto the shoulders of Moss/Boyd/Backlund/Glencross/Bourque etc...
Aucoin is a UFA, Vandermeer can be traded for a low pick or sent to Abbotsford as Eriksson was this year. We can fir everyone in including Cammy if he signs a home team discount, if not there are lots of UFA's out there. Why would signging a UFA lead to a reduction in our prospects? I must be missing something.

Old
06-01-2009, 06:51 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFlames View Post
Aucoin is a UFA, Vandermeer can be traded for a low pick or sent to Abbotsford as Eriksson was this year. We can fir everyone in including Cammy if he signs a home team discount, if not there are lots of UFA's out there. Why would signging a UFA lead to a reduction in our prospects? I must be missing something.
Cam will NOT take a home team discount, Leafs or a team like Florida/CBJ. will throw the bucks at him. Aucoin a UFA. does help you guys,but who in their right mind would pay 2 mil. + for Vandermeer. Eriksson,Flames fans hate that guy...they would give him away for a bag of pucks if they could. If you try to deal a certain player as in a salary dump,a team will want a decent player out of your farm system. You did not answer my Olli or a really good backup goalie plan ? You can afford them,but not WITH Bou.

Old
06-01-2009, 06:54 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Cam will NOT take a home team discount, Leafs or a team like Florida/CBJ. will throw the bucks at him. Aucoin a UFA. does help you guys,but who in their right mind would pay 2 mil. + for Vandermeer. Eriksson,Flames fans hate that guy...they would give him away for a bag of pucks if they could. If you try to deal a certain player as in a salary dump,a team will want a decent player out of your farm system. You did not answer my Olli or a really good backup goalie plan ? You can afford them,but not WITH Bou.
Easy oh and Erkisson is a UFA. We can bring up Keetley for 0.5K as Irving needs more AHL time. Or we could sign a "legit" backup for 0.5-1.0 and keep Olli. If need be as much as I do not like this Langkow could be traded with our 20th pick to move up. He is a solid 2 way centre. There are always options and I laugh when people flop over backwards insisting the contrary or just chanting slogans and cliches.. bottom line Sutter has been seen to pull rabbtis out of a hat and I expect this will not cease all of a sudden.

Old
06-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
for someone living in Calgary you are very biased or undeducated (I'm guessing biased) when it comes to the Flames... the Flames had a top end offense last season before landing Jokinen... Jokinen is effectively the replacement for Cammalleri as they are likely to produce similar numbers... Bertuzzi's production on the 2nd line is almost replaced by Moss playing a full season in the top 6... Ideally it would be nice to land a top 6 forward but a step back in offense may be required to sure up the defense... I think you could see a lineup like this for the Flames next season if by some miracle the Flames could sign Bouwmeester as a UFA (I do not think he will be a Flame at all)

Rene Bourque ( $1,350,000 ) - Olli Jokinen ( $5,500,000 ) - Jarome Iginla ( $7,000,000 )
David Moss ( $1,300,000 ) - Daymond Langkow ( $4,500,000 ) - *Dustin Boyd ( $900,000 )
**Mikael Backlund ( $1,300,000 ) - Craig Conroy ( $1,050,000 ) - Curtis Glencross ( $1,200,000 )
Eric Nystrom ( $687,500 ) - *Warren Peters ( $500,000 ) - Brett Sutter ( $536,667 )
David Van der Gulik ( $487,500 )

Dion Phaneuf ( $6,500,000 ) - *Jay Bouwmeester ( $6,500,000 )
Robyn Regehr ( $4,020,000 ) - Cory Sarich ( $3,600,000 )
Mark Giordano ( $891,667 ) - Jim Vandermeer ( $2,300,000 )
*Adam Pardy ( $700,000 )

Miikka Kiprusoff ( $5,833,333 )
UFA Goaltender ( $650,000 )

* Estimated Salary
** Could be lower depending on the bonuses in his ELC

Estimated Cap Hit: $57,306,667 (drops under $57,000,000 with Van der Gulik or Sutter in Abbotsford)

I could see that roster scoring goal totals like this...

Jarome Iginla - 42 Goals
Olli Jokinen - 32 Goals
Daymond Langkow - 23 Goals
David Moss - 22 Goals
Rene Bourque - 20 Goals
Dion Phaneuf - 17 Goals
Dustin Boyd - 15 Goals
Curtis Glencross - 14 Goals
Craig Conroy - 12 Goals
Jay Bouwmeester - 12 Goals
Mikael Backlund - 8 Goals
Eric Nystrom - 6 Goals
Mark Giordano - 3 Goals
Robyn Regehr - 3 Goals
Cory Sarich - 2 Goals
Warren Peters - 2 Goals
Brett Sutter - 2 Goals
Adam Pardy - 1 Goals
Jim Vandermeer - 1 Goals
David Van Der Gulik - 1 Goals
-
Total = 238 Goals

if the Cap drops the Flames could conceivably move Langkow along with a pick for a slightly cheaper top 6 forward

Last edited by Lunatik*: 06-02-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2009, 01:21 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
for someone living in Calgary you are very biased or undeducated (I'm guessing biased) when it comes to the Flames... the Flames had a top end offense last season before landing Jokinen... Jokinen is effectively the replacement for Cammalleri as they are likely to produce similar numbers... Bertuzzi's production on the 2nd line is almost replaced by Moss playing a full season in the top 6... Ideally it would be nice to land a top 6 forward but a step back in offense may be required to sure up the defense... I think you could see a lineup like this for the Flames next season if by some miracle the Flames could sign Bouwmeester as a UFA (I do not think he will be a Flame at all)

Rene Bourque ( $1,350,000 ) - Olli Jokinen ( $5,500,000 ) - Jarome Iginla ( $7,000,000 )
David Moss ( $1,300,000 ) - Daymond Langkow ( $4,500,000 ) - *Dustin Boyd ( $900,000 )
**Mikael Backlund ( $1,300,000 ) - Craig Conroy ( $1,050,000 ) - Curtis Glencross ( $1,200,000 )
Eric Nystrom ( $687,500 ) - *Warren Peters ( $500,000 ) - Brett Sutter ( $536,667 )
David Van der Gulik ( $487,500 )

Dion Phaneuf ( $6,500,000 ) - *Jay Bouwmeester ( $6,500,000 )
Robyn Regehr ( $4,020,000 ) - Cory Sarich ( $3,600,000 )
Mark Giordano ( $891,667 ) - Jim Vandermeer ( $2,300,000 )
*Adam Pardy ( $700,000 )

Miikka Kiprusoff ( $5,833,333 )
UFA Goaltender ( $650,000 )

* Estimated Salary
** Could be lower depending on the bonuses in his ELC

Estimated Cap Hit: $57,306,667 (drops under $57,000,000 with Van der Gulik or Sutter in Abbotsford)

I could see that roster scoring goal totals like this...

Jarome Iginla - 42 Goals
Olli Jokinen - 32 Goals
Daymond Langkow - 23 Goals
David Moss - 22 Goals
Rene Bourque - 20 Goals
Dion Phaneuf - 17 Goals
Dustin Boyd - 15 Goals
Curtis Glencross - 14 Goals
Craig Conroy - 12 Goals
Jay Bouwmeester - 12 Goals
Mikael Backlund - 8 Goals
Eric Nystrom - 6 Goals
Mark Giordano - 3 Goals
Robyn Regehr - 3 Goals
Cory Sarich - 2 Goals
Warren Peters - 2 Goals
Brett Sutter - 2 Goals
Adam Pardy - 1 Goals
Jim Vandermeer - 1 Goals
David Van Der Gulik - 1 Goals
-
Total = 238 Goals

if the Cap drops the Flames could conceivably move Langkow along with a pick for a slightly cheaper top 6 forward
The bolded part is key imo