HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.)

Closed Thread

Old
07-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Kamzik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
Juraj Mikus has been invited to the LA Kings training camp.
Yes, thanks for the update. We didn't really mention it in this thread as Juraj Mikus is no longer part of Slovak youth hockey really as he hasn't been junior aged for a couple years now.

As was mentioned by Slovakiaforever, the chances that Mikus makes the Kings is remote. It has happened before, I think Lubomir Sekeras made the Minnesota Wild in similar circumstances, but realistically we are going to see Mikus play in the SM-Liiga with TPS Turku.

Old
07-10-2009, 04:04 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
Yes, thanks for the update. We didn't really mention it in this thread as Juraj Mikus is no longer part of Slovak youth hockey really as he hasn't been junior aged for a couple years now.

As was mentioned by Slovakiaforever, the chances that Mikus makes the Kings is remote. It has happened before, I think Lubomir Sekeras made the Minnesota Wild in similar circumstances, but realistically we are going to see Mikus play in the SM-Liiga with TPS Turku.
Sekeras, that was actually after the 2000 worlds and there was one player who made the NHL and was more succesful and still is there- Lubo Visnovsky. Though they were both drafted. The same about Visnovsky´s D partner from Slovan Peter Podhradsky, but he never made the Ducks roster, also because of an injury during an exhibition game where he broke his foot, I think it was something that involved Rob Blake.

Old
07-10-2009, 04:37 AM
slovakiasnextone

U20 Team Training camp, Puchov (23.-31.7.) + U20 Summer Hockey challenge, Puchov (4.-9. August)

Roster:
Goalies:
Matej Kristín (HKm Zvolen) -90
Marek Čiliak (Kometa Brno/ČR) -90

D-men:
Richard Vojsovič (HK ŠKP Poprad) -90
Dávid Árvay (HC Nitra) -90
Tomáš Daniška (HC Nitra) -91
Peter Slimák (HC Kosice) -90
Michal Pichnarčík (HC Kosice) -late 90
Martin Marinčin (HC Košice) -92
Martin Štajnoch (MŠHK Prievidza) -90
Tomáš Devečka (MHK 32 Liptovský Mikuláš) -late 90
Michal Šiška (HKM Zvolen) -90
Henrich Jaborník (HK 36 Skalica) -91
Tomáš Staňo (Dukla Trenčín) -91
Adam Jánošík (HC Liberec/CZE) -92

Forwards:
Samuel Mlynarovič (HK ŠKP Poprad) -90
Michael Vandas (HK ŠKP Poprad) -91
Maroš Grošaft (HC Nitra) -90
Martin Uhnák (HK Nitra) -90
Libor Hudáček (HC Slovan Bratislava) -90
Tomáš Sýkora (HC 05´ Banska Bystrica) -90
Ján Sýkora (HC 05´ Banska Bystrica) -90
Juraj Petro (HC 05´Banská Bystrica) -late 91
Martin Bakoš (HC Slovan Bratislava) -90
Marek Lisoň (HC Slovan Bratislava) -90
Andrej Kudrna (Vancouver Giants/WHL) -91
Ivan Jankovič (HK 36 Skalica) -90
Jakub Gašparovič (Dukla Trenčín) -90
Andrej Šťastný (Dukla Trenčín) -91
Tomáš Hričina (HC Košice) -90
Tomáš Jurčo (HC Košice) - late 92
Radoslav Illo (Tri City Storm /USHL) -90
František Gerhát (HC Litvínov/CZE) -90
Juraj Majdan (HC Litvínov/CZE) -91

Substitutes:
Tomáš Halász (Košice) -90
Matúš Rais (Nitra) - late 90
Lukáš Matejka (MHC Martin) -90
Peter Šišovský (MHC Martin) -91
Marek Hrivík (Žilina) -91
Tomáš Pék (Slovan Bratislava) -91
Jozef Kentoš (Ústí n. Labem/CZE) -91
Dalibor Bortňák (Kamloops Blazers/WHL) -91

Schedule:
29.7. Exhibition game: Slovakia U20- Mhk 32 Liptovsky Mikulas

U20 Summer Hockey Challenge:
4. August : Slovakia U20 - Switzerland U20
5. August : Slovakia U20 - Czech republic U20
7. August : Slovakia U20 - Germany U20
9. August : Slovakia U20 - Finland U20

Just a few notes: Some players have been omitted, because this is primarly to test players for the U20 team that will play the Extraliga (so no reason to include those that will be playing elsewhere) and also to test some of the 1991 and 1992 born players. It´s also interesting to note that the tournament was originally supposed to be a 4 country tourney, but the Finns have expressed their desire to play us more often after the WJC´s,so that´s why they´re in now as well, that´s at least what the U20 team GM claims.

Goaltender training camps in Puchov:

SVK U20, SVK U18, 25.-27.7.
Slovakia U20:
Tomáš Halász (HC Košice)
Juraj Hollý (KLH Chomutov/CZE)
Tomáš Pék (HC Slovan Bratislava)

Slovakia U18:
Juraj Šimboch (HC Nitra)
Martin Labuda (HC Nitra)
Filip Orčík (HC Slovan Bratislava)
Dominik Riečický (HC Košice)
Viktor Bryja (MHC Martin)

SVK U17, SVK U16, 27.-29.7.
Slovakia U17:
Adam Nagy (Dukla Trenčín)
Patrik Rybár (HK 36 Skalica),
Jakub Paulík (HK ŠKP Poprad)
Juraj Sedlačko (HK ŠKP Poprad)
Pavol Borko (Mládež Michalovce)
Matúš Melicherčík (HKm Zvolen)
Substitute: Richard Čiliak (Hkm Zvolen)

Slovakia U16:
Mirolav Lisý (MHK 32 L. Mikuláš)
Richard Sabol (P.H.K. Prešov)
Matúš Porubský (HK Ružinov 99 Bratislava)
Alexander Laštiak (HC 05 Banská Bystrica)
Petrik Romančík (HK 36 Skalica)
Roman Petrík (HKm Zvolen)
Substitute: Kristián Kelčík (Ružomberok)

Old
07-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Kamzik

Hmmm, it is strange to me that Adam Lapšanský would not be included. I realize he has been a disappointment, but he is still surely better than some of those names listed on the U20.

Old
07-10-2009, 12:48 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Hmmm, it is strange to me that Adam Lapšanský would not be included. I realize he has been a disappointment, but he is still surely better than some of those names listed on the U20.
Putting together Mikes´ words and some things said by fans from Poprad, I can somehow get why he isn´t included, I´ll write you a PM on that. Also, he´ll play in Poprad next year, that also might be a reason.

Old
07-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Kamzik

Jaroslav Janus said today his priority is to play in North America. He also said he doesn't wish to return to the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League. So that doesn't leave many options. I guess the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) or the Augusta Lynx (ECHL) are possible destinations. I guess in the system competing with Janus is Antero Niittymaki, Karri Ramo, Mike Smith, Dustin Tokarski, Michael Zador, and Riku Helenius.

Janus took part in the "young guns" game as his white team lost 5-2 to Vladimir Mihalik's black team. Presov born Juraj Simek also played in that game.

Old
07-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Kamzik

Kitchener Rangers representatives were at the Detroit development camp to visit Tomas Tatar and try to convince him to come play. They also brought him a monogrammed Reebok bag with "Tatar #19" and a Rangers logo on each side. This gift seemed to please Tomas very much. No official word yet on where he will play next season, Zvolen, Kitchener, or Grand Rapids.

Those at the development camp have said Tomas has stood out for his ability to go to the net, and was very proficient at skill drills navigating around tyres.

Last edited by Kamzik: 07-14-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old
07-15-2009, 01:33 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Jaroslav Janus said today his priority is to play in North America. He also said he doesn't wish to return to the Erie Otters of the Ontario Hockey League. So that doesn't leave many options. I guess the Norfolk Admirals (AHL) or the Augusta Lynx (ECHL) are possible destinations. I guess in the system competing with Janus is Antero Niittymaki, Karri Ramo, Mike Smith, Dustin Tokarski, Michael Zador, and Riku Helenius.

Janus took part in the "young guns" game as his white team lost 5-2 to Vladimir Mihalik's black team. Presov born Juraj Simek also played in that game.
I wouldn´t really put Janus in one pot with Smith and Niity.
It will be real ard for Jaro to get at least the No.2 job in Norfolk.

Any opinions on Mihalik and whether he could finally make it this year?

Quote:
Kitchener Rangers representatives were at the Detroit development camp to visit Tomas Tatar and try to convince him to come play. They also brought him a monogrammed Reebok bag with "Tatar #19" and a Rangers logo on each side. This gift seemed to please Tomas very much. No official word yet on where he will play next season, Zvolen, Kitchener, or Grand Rapids.

Those at the development camp have said Tomas has stood out for his ability to go to the net, and was very proficient at skill drills navigating around tyres.
It won´t be Grand Rapids.

Meanwhile Juraj Mikus, the forward seemed rather disappointing in Kings camp for the most part except day three, here:

Quote:
84 – Juraj Mikus
Hyped up Slovak forward had a lot of people asking about him; considering the impressive numbers he put up, it’s understandable. Unfortunately, he was painfully underwhelming the first two days, doing very little to stand out over all the younger players. Finally, on day 3, he decided he would show his stuff. He had a fifth gear, catching up to the puck even though the defender had a 10 foot head start on him. He played the body, he protected the puck by weaving it around the opposition, and he created a good scoring chance. In practice, he stickhandled as if he was in a phone booth right in front of Bernier before finally putting the puck in. He showed that dynamic ability which was nice to see, but leads one to question just how much he’ll disappear.

Likelihood to make the NHL: 30%. If he gets more consistent, he will definitely earn a contract. If he doesn’t, he can keep lighting it up in the Slovak league under Palffy’s shadow.

If he makes the NHL he would be a: top 6 forward. He was the most creative forward here, with impressive skills to keep up with his creativity. He has no business (and I’m sure no interest) in being a bottom 6 forward.
Credit goes to KingsPawn of lgkings.com/hfboards.

And here a tidbid on the other Mikus from Leafs development camp:

Quote:
Juraj Mikus, Dukla Trencin (Slovak)
“Similar to Lacroix, he is tall but skinny. Decent puck skills, needs to put it all together though. A year with the Marlies would do wonders for his confidence. Bit of a wildcard in terms of career potential at this point.”
Source

Old
07-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Any opinions on Mihalik and whether he could finally make it this year?
It seems harder this year than last. Tampa has added Mattias Ohlund, Matt Walker, Victor Hedman, and Kurtis Foster. Plus Andrej Meszaros is back from injury and Matt Smaby is probably ready for the NHL now. But who knows, the season is long and injuries always happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
It won´t be Grand Rapids [for Tatar].
Of course you are right. That being said, Detroit must replace forwards Mikael Samuelsson, Tomas Kopecky, Jiri Hudler, and Marian Hossa. Guys like Ville Leino, Justin Abdelkader, Darren Helm, and Derek Meech will move up and their spots on Grand Rapids will be open. It will be the Kitchener Rangers or HKm Zvolen for Tatar though.

Old
07-15-2009, 03:13 PM
wings5

Henrich Jabornik has really impressive stats for a defenceman. Who are some of the best players at each position?

So they will have another camp after this with CHL Slovaks and slovaks playing elsewhere?

Last edited by wings5: 07-15-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old
07-15-2009, 03:53 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Henrich Jabornik has really impressive stats for a defenceman. Who are some of the best players at each position?
You can´t really take stats from Slovak U18/U20 leagues very seriously.

Kristin should be the No.1 goalie. Between the D-man there is Stajnoch, who´s been on the team last season already and also Siska was at the WJC last year and is comming back go home from the WHL, I think they´ll get the big minutes at the WJC. Between the younger guys, Martin Marincin is our top prospect for the 2010 draft and might go fairly high. Between forwards there is late 92 born Jurco who was a PPG player in the U20 league as an 15/16 year old, but he´ll most probably will be in the Q next year and as I don´t think he´ll be given a major role there as a rookie, he probably won´t make it to the WJC this year, but who knows. Then there´s Illo(drafted by Anaheim in the 5th round this year), who was our top forward at the Tyumen tournament in April, but he´s going back to the USHL, but will probably make it to the WJC. From those who´ll actually be playing in Slovakia during the season there is Jakub Gasparovic, who scored 3 shorthanded goals in 57 seconds in an U20 league game and in his short stint with the U20 Slovakia team he scored 11 points in 11 games. Also there is Martin Uhnak, who´ll be in his third season with the U20 team and it´s very probable that he´ll be the captain as he already had the C after the return from the WJC last year and it has kinda become a tradition to have a guy from Nitra wear the C.

Old
07-15-2009, 04:33 PM
slovakiasnextone

Here is the shedule for the U20 team in Extraliga, I´ll update it with scores after every game.

Prior to the WJC
ROUND 1 11.9. L. Mikuláš - SVK U20 4:2 (0:1,0:1,4:0) L
ROUND 2 13.9. SVK U20 - Slovan
ROUND 3 15.9. Zvolen - SVK U20
ROUND 4 18.9. SVK U2O- Skalica
ROUND 5 20.9. Martin- SVKU20
ROUND 6 25.9. SVK U20- Kosice
ROUND 7 27.9. Zilina- SVK U20
ROUND 8 2.1O. SVK U20- Nitra
ROUND 9 4.10. Trencin- SVK U20
ROUND 1O 6.1O. SVK U20- Banska Bystrica
ROUND 11 9.10. SNV- SVK U20
ROUND 12 11.10. FREE
ROUND 13 16.10. SVK U20- Poprad
ROUND 14 18.10. SVK U2O- L.Mikulas
ROUND 15 23.10. Slovan- SVK U20
ROUND 16 25.10. SVK U20- Zvolen
ROUND 17 27.10. Skalica- SVK U20
ROUND 18 30.10. SVK U20- Martin
ROUND 19 1.11. Kosice- SVK U2O
ROUND 20 13.11. SVK U20- Zilina
ROUND 21 15.11. Nitra- SVK U20
ROUND 22 17.11. SVK U20- Trencin
ROUND 23 20.11. B.Bystrica- SVK U20
ROUND 24 22.11. SVK U20- SNV
ROUND 25 27.11. FREE

After WJC
ROUND 40 29.1. SVK U20- L.Mikulas
ROUND 41 31.1. SVK U20- Slovan
ROUND 42 5.2. SVK U20- Zvolen
ROUND 43 7.2. SVK U20- Skalica
ROUND 44 12.2. SVK U20- Martin
ROUND 45 14.2. SVK U20- Kosice
ROUND 46 19.2. SVK U20- Zilina
ROUND 47 21.2. SVK U20- Nitra
ROUND 48 26.2. SVK U20- Trencin
ROUND 49 28.2. SVK U20- B. Bystrica
ROUND 50 5.3. SVK U20- SNV
ROUND 51 7.3. FREE
ROUND 52 9.3. SVK U20- Poprad

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 09-13-2009 at 07:31 AM.
Old
07-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Kamzik

Also perhaps of interest, dates of Kitchener Rangers versus Windsor Spitfires (Tatar versus Panik). [The two cities are 300 km apart].

Fri, Nov 6 2009 Kitchener Rangers vs. Windsor Spitfires 7:30 PM
Sun, Dec 13 2009 Kitchener Rangers @ Windsor Spitfires 2:00 PM
Fri, Jan 22 2010 Kitchener Rangers vs. Windsor Spitfires 7:30 PM
Thu, Feb 11 2010 Kitchener Rangers @ Windsor Spitfires 7:05 PM

Old
07-16-2009, 08:34 PM
wings5

Quote:
Also perhaps of interest, dates of Kitchener Rangers versus Windsor Spitfires (Tatar versus Panik). [The two cities are 300 km apart].

Fri, Nov 6 2009 Kitchener Rangers vs. Windsor Spitfires 7:30 PM
Sun, Dec 13 2009 Kitchener Rangers @ Windsor Spitfires 2:00 PM
Fri, Jan 22 2010 Kitchener Rangers vs. Windsor Spitfires 7:30 PM
Thu, Feb 11 2010 Kitchener Rangers @ Windsor Spitfires 7:05 PM
Do you actually live in Slovakia or are you a Slovak Canadian, you said you would attend some of these games?

Last edited by wings5: 07-16-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old
07-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Do you actually live in Slovakia or are you a Slovak Canadian, you said you would attend some of these games?
Quebec born, hold citizenship and vote in both, learned Slovak at a young age, grandfather was involved in 1.liga. Will certainly go to at least two of those games, there is also a good chance I'll be in Sask for the WJCU20. Worth pointing out T.T has not confirmed he will wear #19 for the K.Rangers, might play for Zvolen.

Old
07-17-2009, 03:52 AM
vlady

Quote:
Quebec born, hold citizenship and vote in both, learned Slovak at a young age, grandfather was involved in 1.liga. Will certainly go to at least two of those games, there is also a good chance I'll be in Sask for the WJCU20. Worth pointing out T.T has not confirmed he will wear #19 for the K.Rangers, might play for Zvolen.
It is a tough decision for Tatar. I would recommend him to stay in Extraliga. Marian Gaborik also came to the NHL from extraliga. I think playing pro hockey in Slovakia is better than junior hockey in Canada.

Old
07-17-2009, 06:14 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
It is a tough decision for Tatar. I would recommend him to stay in Extraliga. Marian Gaborik also came to the NHL from extraliga. I think playing pro hockey in Slovakia is better than junior hockey in Canada.
Sadly, I believe that he´s already decided for the CHL, it pretty much comes to the fact whether Zvolen is willing to come to an agreement with Kitchener now as his contract with Zvolen is still valid, but I´d say the probability that Zvolen will do something to make him stay is very very low........

Old
07-17-2009, 03:15 PM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Gaborik issue was different. He was a ministar of extrliga, when he was 17, he was first pick of Minnesota and he immediately played in NHL. Gaborik was supertalent, Tatar is just talent. That is different. Tatar haven´t skills to NHL team in 18 like Gaborik.

And I have one question about Martin ReWay. Is he going to play for Slovak national team? He is Prague born player and he moved with his parent to Slovakia only few months ago.

Old
07-17-2009, 03:33 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashersfanSVK View Post
Gaborik issue was different. He was a ministar of extrliga, when he was 17, he was first pick of Minnesota and he immediately played in NHL. Gaborik was supertalent, Tatar is just talent. That is different. Tatar haven´t skills to NHL team in 18 like Gaborik.

And I have one question about Martin ReWay. Is he going to play for Slovak national team? He is Prague born player and he moved with his parent to Slovakia only few months ago.
Exactly, Tatar is nowhere near as good as Gaborik was when he left and therefore I believe that Extraliga still has something to give him,it´s not like he was a star in the league last year, so why go back to juniors?

I´m not really sure about ReWay, I only know that he played for the Slovakia West team in the 95 tourney in Prague, but I don´t really know of his intentions and even if he wanted to play for Slovakia he´d have to play in Slovak leagues for 3 years. Anyway I hope that the U16 coach will at least have a look at Torok and Koys.

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 07-17-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old
07-17-2009, 04:14 PM
slovakiasnextone

National Junior Teams 2009/2010 Shedule

Slovakia U20
4.-9.8. U20 Summer Hockey Challenge (Slovakia, Czech republic, Finland, Germany, Switzerland)
20.-21.8. Tatransky pohar (Tatra Cup) (Poprad, Slovakia U20, Cracovia Kraków, HC Vitkovice Steel)
4.-8.11. U20 4 Nations Tournament (Slovakia, Switzerland, Norway, Germany)
21.12. Slovakia- Austria (Exhibition game before WJC)
23.12. Slovakia- Finland (Exhibition game before WJC)
26.12.-5.1. WJC

Slovakia U18
9.8. Slovakia- Canada
11.-15.8. Ivan Hlinka Memorial (Piestany group- Slovakia, Finland, Russia, USA)
November 4 Nations Tourney (Belarus, Denmark, Germany, Slovakia)
26.-30.12. 5 Nations Tourney (Switzerland, Czech republic, Finland, Slovakia, Germany)
11.-13.2. Vladimir Dzurilla Tourney (Slovakia, Germany, Switzerland, USA U17)
April Exhibition games before WC U18
WC U17 (Slovakia, Russia, Finland, Czech republic, Latvia)

Slovakia U17
18.-22.8. 5 Nations Tourney (Germany, Czech republic, Switzerland, Slovakia, USA)
5.-7.11. 4 Nations Tournament (Slovakia, Russia, Switzerland, USA)
28.-29.12. 2x Slovakia- Germany
February 4 Nations Tournament (Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, Slovakia)

Slovakia U16
21.-23.8. Vysegrad Tourney (Hungary U18, Poland U18, Czech republic U16, Slovakia U16)
5.-8.11. 4 Nations Tourney (Czech republic, Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia)
December 4 Nations Tourney (Switzerland, Finland, Germany, Slovakia)
February 4 Teams Tourney (Switzerland A, Switzerland B, Slovakia A, Slovakia B)
April 3x Czech republic- Slovakia

Old
07-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Kamzik

Interesting that SVK is not part of the U17 World Hockey Challenge.

Old
07-18-2009, 02:04 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Kamzik: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...50/la_id/1.htm

Quote:
The 2010 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge will include 10 teams – five regional Canadian entries (Pacific, West, Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic) – and five international teams. The first three international teams have been confirmed – Finland, Russia and the United States. The remaining two teams will be announced at a later date.
But Slovakia probably won´t play on WHC. Two matches between 28th and 29th December are answer (becouse WHC starts on 29th December)

Old
07-18-2009, 02:34 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Kamzik: http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...50/la_id/1.htm

But Slovakia probably won´t play on WHC. Two matches between 28th and 29th December are answer (becouse WHC starts on 29th December)
Here http://www.hokejportal.sk/index.php?...lanok_id=21283

I have a feeling that either we weren´t invited to the WHC this year or it is some kind of mismanagment by SZLH once again....

Old
07-20-2009, 03:50 AM
vlady

Quote:

Ofcourse I know Tatar is not Gaborik. But in a couple of years he could be NHL ready and I believe playing senior hockey will prepare him better than junior hockey. he could still end up as Zagrapan or many others who played in the CHL

Old
07-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
Ofcourse I know Tatar is not Gaborik. But in a couple of years he could be NHL ready and I believe playing senior hockey will prepare him better than junior hockey. he could still end up as Zagrapan or many others who played in the CHL
I still believe in Zagrapan. I think he will eventually do well in the KHL. It is also worth pointing out some Slovaks do very well in the CHL. Former OHL star Andrej Sekera signed today with Buffalo for more money than I will make my entire lifetime.

Closed Thread