HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.)

Closed Thread

Old
08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
zorz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
I don´t think this is Trasherfans´ source, but it´s here as well:
http://sk-sk.facebook.com/pages/Mart...82288938475952

Look at Sunday 16:42

But then later it sounds like he´s planning to suit up for SVK in Switzerland next week, but that means nothing, I think we´ll have to wait until U18 WC to know for sure, tbh it sounds like he isn´t sure himself yet....
Thx. But I thing he'll decide sooner than just before WC. He probably knows it would be better for his position in the team to play some international games with the Czech team before the tournament itself. (if that's what he wants)

Old
08-24-2011, 02:53 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Thx. But I thing he'll decide sooner than just before WC. He probably knows it would be better for his position in the team to play some international games with the Czech team before the tournament itself. (if that's what he wants)
You´re welcome. Yes, however playing games for CZE that aren´t a part of any IIHF licensed tournament doesn´t bind him to play CZE just as having played for Slovakia so far doesn´t bind him to represent Slovakia. Until the moment he plays in the U18 WC he will remain eligible for both countries, so you can´t say anything 100%. Especially if we´re talking about a kid who´d not so long ago let it slip that he´d only ever play for Slovakia on the same site where he´s now saying he´ll probably play for the Czechs.

Old
08-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Indian

I think what zorz tried to say was that it would be better for Reway to play with czechs at least once before the U18 WJC in terms that it would make his chances higher for making the team.

Old
08-24-2011, 04:24 PM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
I think what zorz tried to say was that it would be better for Reway to play with czechs at least once before the U18 WJC in terms that it would make his chances higher for making the team.
This, plus it would be little bit unfair for the players who would be a part of the U18 NT whole season but at U18 World Champs they would be replaced by a player who has never been a part of the Czech NT.

It seems like Slovak coaches realised they could lose Martin (as he mentionied he was considering) so they gave him a chance to play at that tourney in Switzerland. On the other hand, hopefully, he will not negotiate participation in the national team in this way in the future.

Old
08-25-2011, 01:59 AM
alko

What i heard about Reway, i think, Slovak national team can live without him. It will be even better. Nobody want to have some disturbing element in his team. And Reway has a lot to offer from this side.

Old
08-27-2011, 06:38 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
What i heard about Reway, i think, Slovak national team can live without him. It will be even better. Nobody want to have some disturbing element in his team. And Reway has a lot to offer from this side.
It´s easy to believe everything that is written in the internet and even easier to judge someone just based on that without knowing anything for sure, having all second hand information. As far as I know all of what you probably have heard is JPP. And I would doubt the second part of your statement even if all of it was true, we´re in a situation where we can´t allow ourselves to lose such a great talent, especially when he´s still young and he can mature and change his behavior.

One problem that he´ll probably have soon though is his size, I think he´s only 170 cm, which is extremely small for a hockey player, hopefully he hits a growing spurt soon.

Anyway, there have been some changes to the final roster of the U18 team traveling to Switzerland- no Torok , however the 1995 born goalie Juraj Halo is there and maybe some others I haven´t noticed.

Results so far:

Slovakia U18- EV Zug U20 5-1
Kolena 2x, Gríger, Mančák, Šohajda

Slovakia U18- Sparta Praha U20 4-2
Reway 2x, Horanský, Predajniansky

Old
08-27-2011, 10:31 AM
slovakiasnextone

Slovakia U18- Dukla Trenčín U20 2-3 SO
Reway, Gríger

The U18 team will play Kloten Flyers U20 in the finals tomorrow in a rematch of their first game....

Old
08-28-2011, 09:15 AM
slovakiasnextone

The U18 team beat Kloten Flyers to win the tournament 3-1. Goals by Štracuh and Koyš. It was the 1st game with the U18 team for Koyš in the tournament as he played for Dukla Trenčín U20 in their games so far.

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 08-28-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old
08-31-2011, 01:09 AM
alko

Quote:
It´s easy to believe everything that is written in the internet and even easier to judge someone just based on that without knowing anything for sure, having all second hand information. As far as I know all of what you probably have heard is JPP.
I can say it is a pretty good source.

Old
09-01-2011, 03:20 AM
ThrashersfanSVK
@Jakub_Homola

I have pretty reliable source, too. But I do not care. I don't idealize hockey players and de facto Reway does almost everything what his teammates and his peers do. There is just little difference - as Reway is a big hockey talent, his behavior is more under the spotlight than the behavior of his teammates, who are not so talented.

Old
09-05-2011, 09:19 AM
slovakiasnextone

Marek Tvrdoň played his first game since his injury on Saturday and finished with 2G+1A in a 6-3 Giants win over Blazers. Good to see that he doesn´t seem to be affected by the injury. Hopefully he keeps it up during the season.

Old
09-06-2011, 02:32 AM
alko

Quote:
Marek Tvrdoň played his first game since his injury on Saturday and finished with 2G+1A in a 6-3 Giants win over Blazers. Good to see that he doesn´t seem to be affected by the injury. Hopefully he keeps it up during the season.

exactly. The season will show, how good is he.

Old
09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
slovakiasnextone

The U20 team won their first 1.liga game against HK Púchov 5-1, they outshot the opponent 47:19, Tomáš Zigo scored two goals as did the player with #38 Pavol Demitra´s nephew Martin Jakúbek.

Old
09-11-2011, 02:20 PM
slovakiasnextone

Since the major junior season is starting, here a list of all Slovak players who will play in WHL, OHL and QMJHL this year.

WHL
D Martin Gernát 1993 Edmonton Oil Kings
D Martin Marinčin 1992 Prince George Cougars
F Bruno Mráz 1993 Brandon Wheat Kings
F Vladimír Dolník 1993 Everett Silvertips
F Filip Vaško 1993 Kelowna Rockets
F Juraj Bezúch 1993 Lethbridge Hurricanes
F Marek Tvrdoň 1993 Vancouver Giants

OHL
D Michal Čajkovský 1992 Ottawa 67´s
D Peter Čerešňák 1993 Peterborough Petes

QMJHL
D Adam Jánošík 1992 Gatineau Olympiques
F Lukáš Cingel 1992 Baie-Comeau Drakkar
F Marek Hrivk 1991 Moncton Wildcats
F Tomáš Jurčo 1992 Sain John Sea Dogs

Old
09-12-2011, 03:19 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

An update on Gernat for you guys:

He looked pretty good in Oil Kings camp. Will skate with surefire first round pick (and potential top-5 pick) Griffin Reinhart to start the season. He seemed to be smooth on his skates and had a strong outlet pass. I think, should that pairing remain together, he'll put up some numbers this year. He played his first game in the Canucks rookie tournament and scored a goal.

Marincin, by the way, dominated that game from the blue-line. A few more games like that and he'll probably play his way onto the AHL team instead of returning to the Prince George Cougars.

Old
09-12-2011, 03:38 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
An update on Gernat for you guys:

He looked pretty good in Oil Kings camp. Will skate with surefire first round pick (and potential top-5 pick) Griffin Reinhart to start the season. He seemed to be smooth on his skates and had a strong outlet pass. I think, should that pairing remain together, he'll put up some numbers this year. He played his first game in the Canucks rookie tournament and scored a goal.

Marincin, by the way, dominated that game from the blue-line. A few more games like that and he'll probably play his way onto the AHL team instead of returning to the Prince George Cougars.
Thanks for the great update! Would be fun to see those two paired during the 2012 WJC!

Btw do you happen to know why Milan Kytnár didn´t play yesterday for the Oilers? Injury?

Old
09-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Btw do you happen to know why Milan Kytnár didn´t play yesterday for the Oilers? Injury?
Kytnar has an injured ankle and is unable to skate.

Old
09-12-2011, 05:16 AM
SK13
Mo'Linguish

Quote:
Thanks for the great update! Would be fun to see those two paired during the 2012 WJC!

Kytnar suffered a minor injury while practicing earlier this week. Don't know if he'll play in this tournament. I was looking forward to seeing him after he put up 10 points in his last 7 regular season AHL games last year, though.

Old
09-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Czechexpert

[QUOTE=slovakiasnextone;36627063]Thanks for the great update! Would be fun to see those two paired during the 2012 WJC!
/QUOTE]

They played together in August in Strakonice at Four nation U-20.

Old
09-15-2011, 10:07 AM
slovakiasnextone

Thanks for the info, czechexpert, didn´t know that...

Just for fun the twitter sites´ of some of our prospects:
Tomáš Jurčo: http://twitter.com/#!/jurky13
Martin Gernát: http://twitter.com/#!/MartyGernat
Martin Marinčin: http://twitter.com/#!/MartinMarincin

Old
09-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

Guys, what's up with Radovan Puliš? I heard, he was in pre-season camp of HKM Zvolen and he's under contract there, but he isn't in the roster of their Extraliga team... Back in the days scouts considered him to be first round talent, then he injured and nowadays it looks like he has slowly disappeared.

Old
09-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

double post

Old
09-18-2011, 09:33 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
Guys, what's up with Radovan Puliš? I heard, he was in pre-season camp of HKM Zvolen and he's under contract there, but he isn't in the roster of their Extraliga team... Back in the days scouts considered him to be first round talent, then he injured and nowadays it looks like he has slowly disappeared.
Well, missing pretty much two whole seasons of hockey at 17-18 will do that to you. He´s not on the roster on SZĽH, but Zvolen still has him on their roster on their website, so I don´t know whether he´s still there for sure.

Old
09-18-2011, 09:42 AM
Krotak
is the Legend

Maybe he'll play for their U20 team?

Old
09-18-2011, 09:50 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
Maybe he'll play for their U20 team?
He´s not on the U20 roster either. But neither is Tomáš Torok, who´s supposed to play for them, but supposedly is injured, so it might the same with Puliš as well. Also Zvolen might have loaned him out to some 1.liga team or he just didn´t play in the first game of the season and will play later.

Closed Thread