HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.)

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2011, 02:30 AM
alko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
He´s not on the U20 roster either. But neither is Tomáš Torok, who´s supposed to play for them, but supposedly is injured, so it might the same with Puliš as well. Also Zvolen might have loaned him out to some 1.liga team or he just didn´t play in the first game of the season and will play later.

Maybe MHL will be his solution... Otherweise some 1. league team. He must take some game practice...

Old
09-19-2011, 04:16 AM
croAVSfan*

croatian prospect Mislav Rosandic countinues where he left last season. In first 4 games he has 7 points and +10. He plays for Dubnica U18 team in Extraleague

Old
09-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Indian

Another 95 starts to shine. After a solid last season in the U18 league for 23+15 in 38 games, Dávid Šoltés is 6+5 in 4 games and sits on top of the U20 scoring ladder.
But a remarkable stunt has pulled 96 born Juraj Šiška from Nitra. He scored 2 goals and added 5 assists in 5 games in the U20 league. So after two great dmen in Sloboda and Bobos, there seems to be a great forward in making.

Old
09-19-2011, 08:08 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Another 95 starts to shine. After a solid last season in the U18 league for 23+15 in 38 games, Dávid Šoltés is 6+5 in 4 games and sits on top of the U20 scoring ladder.
But a remarkable stunt has pulled 96 born Juraj Šiška from Nitra. He scored 2 goals and added 5 assists in 5 games in the U20 league. So after two great dmen in Sloboda and Bobos, there seems to be a great forward in making.
Any idea about what´s up with Sloboda? It seems he hasn´t played a game yet and I couldn´t find him on Skalica´s U18/U20 rosters on SZĽH website.

Also, while the junior season has already started in Sweden, Matej Paulovič hasn´t played yet either.

Old
09-19-2011, 09:36 AM
Indian

Well no idea about Sloboda, but I read an interview with Paulovic where he said he will miss the first games because he will be back in Slovakia to sort things out at school. He will have a custom learning plan and will also attend a school in Sweden too, but he will learn only the language as a preparation for next year which suggest he plans on staying.

Last edited by Indian: 09-19-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old
09-20-2011, 02:44 AM
alko

Quote:
Isnt Siska also a defenseman?

Old
09-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Indian

Yes, there is a '90 born dman Michal Šiška playing for Zvolen.

Old
09-21-2011, 03:41 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Well no idea about Sloboda, but I read an interview with Paulovic where he said he will miss the first games because he will be back in Slovakia to sort things out at school. He will have a custom learning plan and will also attend a school in Sweden too, but he will learn only the language as a preparation for next year which suggest he plans on staying.
You know, I actually remember reading that interview, must have missed that part, haha....

Old
09-23-2011, 09:38 AM
slovakiasnextone

hokej.sk has a very interesting interview with Ernest Bokroš about youth hockey: http://www.hokej.sk/extraliga/clanok...ec_povrazu.htm

Old
09-24-2011, 02:11 AM
zorz

Reway with a good start in ELSD, 6+8 in 5 games.

Old
09-25-2011, 10:29 PM
SK13
V-Triggered

vCash: 50
Gernat's WHL debut was pretty solid. 1+1 on the night, was named the second star in a 4-3 loss.

I didn't see the game but a friend of mine was in Red Deer, said he was the best defenseman for either team. High praise considering Mark Pysyk (2010 first round pick), Alex Petrovic (2010 second round pick), Griffin Reinhart (projected 2011 first round pick) and Matt Dumba (projected 2011 first round pick) were all playing.

Old
09-26-2011, 08:19 AM
slovakiasnextone

Peter Čerešňák was also 1+1 in his OHL debut yesterday.

Old
09-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Krotak
is the Legend

A thing of beauty = Radoslav Bural from MSHK Prievidza in second tier league in Slovakia :

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp13201

Old
09-30-2011, 02:45 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotak View Post
A thing of beauty = Radoslav Bural from MSHK Prievidza in second tier league in Slovakia :

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp13201
Shouldn´t it be third tier league really? They play in 2.liga, which is the third highest (or basically the lowest) nationwide hockey league.

Also, another nice Grandlundesque goal from Richard Mráz from Vlci of the MHL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fxq44Nf2dI

In other news Martin Gernát is having a rocket start in the WHL, another 1+1 for him in his second game and he currently leads the Oil Kings in points.

Old
10-01-2011, 04:27 AM
slovakiasnextone

Another 1+1 game for Martin Gernát, LOL

Old
10-01-2011, 11:33 AM
wings5

Quote:
Another 1+1 game for Martin Gernát, LOL
Marincin now Gernat, looking good. Lol do you guys have another huge lanky D-man project, like a 94 born to come over to the WHL next year and dominate?

Old
10-01-2011, 01:09 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Marincin now Gernat, looking good. Lol do you guys have another huge lanky D-man project, like a 94 born to come over to the WHL next year and dominate?
Well, no 94 AFAIK, but there´s Martin Boboš (1995) http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=108211 and what makes him even more interesting is the fact that he is growing up with the club that produced Marinčin and were Gernát was drafted from (originally from Prešov, but spent most of his last two seasons in Košice). Košice is currently the best junior programme in Slovakia (Wings prospect Tomáš Jurčo is also their product), so there´s a chance he might follow the path of Marinčin and Gernát, he´s got the first name too, that would be kinda epic....

Also, there´s Adrián Sloboda (1996) http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=108857 from Skalica, though he can´t really be decribed as as huge. He played in the U18 Extraliga last year and played for the 1995 NT as an undeager. czechexpert mentioned that he found him to be the most impressive Slovakia player during a SVK-CZE U16 game that he attended at the end of last season earlier in this thread. It seems that he was injured recently because he didn´t play any games until today.

czechexpert´s gotta be really proud of himself righ now thoug, he´s been raving about Marinčin long before anyone else, but even more impressively he´s been touting the guy that nobody seemed to know about in Gernát as well long before the draft. I imagine the Oilers scouting staff is pretty happy with themselves right now as well.

Old
10-01-2011, 01:30 PM
Indian

Well these days are really good for hockey fans from Košice and I'm proud to be one as well. After Jurčo, Marinčin and Gernát there are couple of interesting prospects in making. For instance Filip Vaško went to play for Kelowna Rockets. And of course there is the 95 class and players such as Dávid Šoltés, Martin Boboš and a goalie Dávid Okoličány. And there is more because one name caught my eye Radovan Bondra. He is just 14 years old playing in the U18 and has 2+2 in 7 games already. Btw I don't believe there is any connection to Peter.

Old
10-01-2011, 01:46 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Well these days are really good for hockey fans from Košice and I'm proud to be one as well. After Jurčo, Marinčin and Gernát there are couple of interesting prospects in making. For instance Filip Vaško went to play for Kelowna Rockets. And of course there is the 95 class and players such as Dávid Šoltés, Martin Boboš and a goalie Dávid Okoličány. And there is more because one name caught my eye Radovan Bondra. He is just 14 years old playing in the U18 and has 2+2 in 7 games already. Btw I don't believe there is any connection to Peter.
Ahh, well it´s hard work finally bearing fruit. But you know until now with the 1990s kid Košice´s track record of bringing up NHL talents hasn´t been the greatest compared to other big Slovak clubs. So it´s good to see them finally doing so well. Though they still have a lot of work to do when it comes to giving their youngsters a chance with the big team. This season seems to be an improvement, but ....

As for Bondra, I registered his name already some time ago back when he played for Trebišov´s youth teams, already in 2009/2010 he had a bunch of points in the ŠHT9 league in two games, but then he only played for ŠHT8 in 2010/2011, so it´s good to see that he made the jump to Košice and to the U18 league. AFAIK the only other 1997 forward who´s making his presence felt more in the U18 league is Bystrica´s Peter Valent.

EDIT: As for the Peter connection, I´ve heard that they were very distant family, but thatś a very unverified source of info....

Old
10-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Well, no 94 AFAIK, but there´s Martin Boboš (1995) http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=108211 and what makes him even more interesting is the fact that he is growing up with the club that produced Marinčin and were Gernát was drafted from (originally from Prešov, but spent most of his last two seasons in Košice). Košice is currently the best junior programme in Slovakia (Wings prospect Tomáš Jurčo is also their product), so there´s a chance he might follow the path of Marinčin and Gernát, he´s got the first name too, that would be kinda epic....

Also, there´s Adrián Sloboda (1996) http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=108857 from Skalica, though he can´t really be decribed as as huge. He played in the U18 Extraliga last year and played for the 1995 NT as an undeager. czechexpert mentioned that he found him to be the most impressive Slovakia player during a SVK-CZE U16 game that he attended at the end of last season earlier in this thread. It seems that he was injured recently because he didn´t play any games until today.

czechexpert´s gotta be really proud of himself righ now thoug, he´s been raving about Marinčin long before anyone else, but even more impressively he´s been touting the guy that nobody seemed to know about in Gernát as well long before the draft. I imagine the Oilers scouting staff is pretty happy with themselves right now as well.
Bobos could be another interesting big Slovakian D.
In Soltes case, skating is weakness.

Old
10-02-2011, 03:14 AM
alko

Quote:

Sloboda should be a top prospect. Some junior teams from CHL wanted showed a big interess.

Old
10-02-2011, 03:28 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
Sloboda should be a top prospect. Some junior teams from CHL wanted showed a big interess.
Really? He can´t even be drafted into the CHL until 2013....

Old
10-03-2011, 04:45 AM
slovakiasnextone

I know it´s still early in the season, but what would your roster for the U20 WJC look like?

In goal I guess it´s pretty much a done thing that it will be Dominik Riečický and Juraj Šimboch with some 93/94 born goalie who won´t even get to warm the bench.

The D isn´t that hard to figure either, I guess the top 4 could look like this:
Marinčin-Gernát
Jánošík- Čerešňák

Michal Čajkovský could also get on the roster, the other D-men will come from HK Orange and I have no idea which ones will be picked tbh.

The biggest issue will probably be offense as we have lost Pánik and someone like Jurčo for example will have to step up big time. From the NA guys I guess so far only Jurčo and Tvrdoň are locks to make it. From the other forwards so far only Lukáš Cingel is doing well in the CHL, but it´s still very early for the CHL rookies. Hopefully some of the dub forwards will step up eventually.

There also is a bunch of forwards this year who play with their Extraliga teams instead of going to the HK Orange team:
F Filip Nemček HC 05 Banská Bystrica 1993 7GP 1G 0A 1PTS
F Matúš Chovan HC Košice 1992 7GP 2G 1A 3PTS
F Michal Murček MHC Martin 1992 7GP 1G 2A 3PTS
F Tomáš Mikúš HK 36 Skalica 1993 7GP 0G 0A 0PTS
F Marko Daňo Dukla Trenčín 1994 6GP 2G 1A 3PTS

It´s hard to judge what the final roster will look like because of all the changes with a new coach (with Mikeš we already knew how many home/NA guys would probably be there) and also with the HK Orange guys spliting time between Extraliga/1.liga. Tbh haven´t really followed them closely, but it seems that only Matej Bene and Martin Jakúbek have done well so far from the forwards offensively.

Anyway what we need to do is beat Latvia and we have another key game against Switzerland. I think that the Swiss will probably be better offensively (though Nino will be in the NHL, there still is Bärtschi and now Bertaggia etc.), but we could have the upper hand on deffense especially if Gernát continues his surprising play so far and if we avoid unnecessary suspensions in games that we have lost before we started playing them coughMarinčincough. Switzerland has also lost Conz, but I´m sure they have some great younger goalie up their sleeve, who will stop 40+ shots day in and day out.

The thing I´m really worried about is the offense- will there be some guys/s who will step up and perform in clutch moments like Tatar and Pánik recently? Jurčo has a bit of a reputation of one in the Q, so hopefully he can bring it to the WJCs as well....

Old
10-03-2011, 08:48 AM
Indian

I assume we all would agree on the goalies and defense with a few open spots there. I think Marinčin, Gernát, Jánošík, Čerešňák are locks and I would take Čajkovský as well. In the Orange 20 you have Trška whom I believe Tomko will take and there are also Kuráli and Bajaník with NA experience. However any d-men within the oranges has a chance depending on his performance because none of them is really better than the other. And maybe there are some eligible d-men playing with their clubs who I missed.
On the offense, well that will be certainly interesting because after Jurčo and Tvrdoň there is a gap. My predictions would be Bene, Zigo, Fujerík and Šimčák or maybe Daňo as centers. On the wings Murček, Matoušek, Jakúbek, Chovan.

Riečický-Šimboch

Tvrdoň-Bene-Jurčo
Cingeľ-Zigo-Matoušek
Murček-Daňo-Chovan
Lamper/Hinďoš-Fujerík/Kalináč-Jakúbek

Marinčin-Gernát
Jánošík-Čerešňák
Čajkovský-Trška
Bajaník

Old
10-03-2011, 09:26 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

guys,

What about Richard Mraz, 93, from Tatranski Vlci (MHL)? He is best scorer of a team so far. We will see how he will continue. Btw there is interview of him

Closed Thread