HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

White In Feud with Liddell's Trainer !

Old
05-08-2009, 02:42 PM
edmonton_ice

vCash: 500
White In Feud with Liddell's Trainer !

I thought this was interesting

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2009/05/08/white_hackleman/

Why do alot of people hate Dana White ? Is is because of success or is he a jerk ?

edmonton_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 03:21 PM
William H Bonney

White's a d-bag but he's right here.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 04:59 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
White's a d-bag but he's right here.
While Chuck does look like he's finished at this point, the issue here is whether White can tell a fighter "no, I won't let you fight for us anymore" while also keeping him under contract to prevent him from going to a rival organization. If Chuck truly still wants to fight (and to be honest, he can still probably hold his own against 90% of the LHWs out there -- all 4 of his recent losses are to top fighters), then it's not really fair for Dana to stop him from doing so.

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 05:16 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
While Chuck does look like he's finished at this point, the issue here is whether White can tell a fighter "no, I won't let you fight for us anymore" while also keeping him under contract to prevent him from going to a rival organization. If Chuck truly still wants to fight (and to be honest, he can still probably hold his own against 90% of the LHWs out there -- all 4 of his recent losses are to top fighters), then it's not really fair for Dana to stop him from doing so.
These are my thoughts as well. I don't even see why Dana doesn't have him fight Mark Coleman or someone his level for a retirement match. If doesn't want to though then he should damn well have to let Chuck out of his contract so he can fight elsewhere.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 07:18 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
I don't disagree with any of this but I was referring to what was said in the article. Basically that Hackleman wants Chuck to fight so he gets money because he's never developed/trained any other fighter of note.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote