Post Game Bruins vs. Canes, Game 4

Old
05-09-2009, 11:44 AM
HumBucker
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
It takes neither courage nor intelligence to cheer for a team only when that team wins. The true test of a fan's mettle is the same as it is for a player: Were you there when you were needed?- Ian Wilson
Right on.
I echo Black Eye's previous post as well.

HumBucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndonByers View Post
[/B]

Just a serious question. What do someone's amount of post have to do with anything?
It's an indication that he's not around the forum much, only to jump in when the Bruins are down, 3-1 and start throwing his weight around by attacking those who don't feel exactly as he does.

I have far more respect for those who are here through thick and thin- who post their views in the good times and the bad- positive or negative- than those who show up when the Bruins are on the brink and start yelling about how they have the right to whine and complain and blah blah blah.

But that's just me. Everyone has the right to do what they want, whether you're someone who tries to be as accountable as a fan as you want your Bruins players to be, or not. I fully acknowledge that not everyone feels like they owe it to their team to hold themselves to any standard. They just want to complain and rage about non-important things in the grand scheme.

I would remind you and Mr. ak47bruinsfanatic that I wasn't even talking to him, yet he took it upon himself to take a shot at me. Then, he gets upset when I fire back. Like I said- the Whaaambulance awaits.

Kirk- NEHJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:15 PM
ugotmybeef*

MUST STOP STAAL OR ELSE. Savard's the only dude that's showed up for this series.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:20 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
All I can say is I hope the Bruins lockerroom isn't as down and full of quit as this board. Again, game five will be tough, but if we win, the entire pressure switches back to Carolina.

We've seen how this group reacts when they are on the brink of elimination. They went into Montreal and stomped them game 5, and then game six kept on coming back. Difference this year is game 7 would be in our barn.

Until the team is eliminated, I would think they have done enough for us this year to have our undying support until the final buzzer, until we see them shaking hands with the opponent wishing them luck on the next series.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Right on, Lou. I'm with ya.

Anyway- my silver lining is that I worked my aggression and frustrations out at the gym today for two hours. I always lift harder and heavier when I'm angry!

Old
05-09-2009, 12:27 PM
DOGSTARMAN

Lou, Kirk, DKH, BE... it seems the weightlifters are the most die hard! Bring on the Whalers!!!

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:30 PM
iRONic™
You know; Merlot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
Lou, Kirk, DKH, BE... it seems the weightlifters are the most die hard! Bring on the Whalers!!!
Those cats don't make the most noise but they sure make the most sense. Funny how that works, innit...?

iRONic™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:38 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
>>I do...I give them $102 per ticket that I pay...so now its my job to motivate them to play hard...isnt that what million dollar salaries and pride are for? But now its my job.....great.

Yes, it is your job to cheer them on even when it looks bleak. Just like it is their job to find a way to beat a team that is spanking them. Everybody has to do something that is hard. Get it? So are you going to keep *****ing about it or are you going to step up?
i'm guessing he's gonna keep *****ing about it, cuz that's his "thing".

booing the team - that's genius. sometimes i wonder how people actually survive a day being so dumb.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 12:43 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak61driver View Post
its officially time for you to get your hurt feelings and put your energy into this team winning game 5
this reminds me of when josh gorges tried to fight bergeron

Old
05-09-2009, 12:47 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
All I can say is I hope the Bruins lockerroom isn't as down and full of quit as this board. Again, game five will be tough, but if we win, the entire pressure switches back to Carolina.

We've seen how this group reacts when they are on the brink of elimination. They went into Montreal and stomped them game 5, and then game six kept on coming back. Difference this year is game 7 would be in our barn.

Until the team is eliminated, I would think they have done enough for us this year to have our undying support until the final buzzer, until we see them shaking hands with the opponent wishing them luck on the next series.
good post, sir. aside from the wishing them luck

Old
05-09-2009, 12:50 PM
DOGSTARMAN

It is interesting to contrast the play of the Bruins with Chicago.

Two teams in similar situations: Rebuilding after years of chaos. Young teams with a plethora of young talent. First foray deep into the playoffs in a long while. Strong regular seasons with optimism for the playoffs.

I've been saying the Bruins are bumping up against inexperience and we just might have to be patient. But the Hawks are getting better results and it begs the question as to why since the teams have some similar attributes, on the surface at least.

The key differences:

1) The Hawks have a much better and more mobile defense. This is the most pronounced difference.

2) The Hawks have a better mix of forwards that fall into different categories. They've got a lot of young forwards, some small guys, a lot of talent and scoring. But they've also got some big bodies and some guys who get their noses dirty.

Chicago could also bow out this round. But they've been playing more inspired and desperate hockey in the playoffs (I've watched as many of their games as possible).

The real point of these observations is that they form the basis for how the Bruins need to be tweaked in the offseason. Making progress in both of those areas is what the doctor is prescribing right now.

Of course, all I really care about right now is WIN GAME 5. And go from there. We can do it!!!! Carlolina has everybody psyched out, they have become this red juggernaut that is smothering the Bruins. Not true. Good team, beatable like everybody else. They have lost 4 games in the playoffs so far. Ironically, the Bruins have lost only 3 in comparison. Of course - the wrong 3! But the Canes can be beaten. Find a way!!! I hope the crowd is insane Sunday night to will the boys to a win. Do your part!

Old
05-09-2009, 12:56 PM
gorskic
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to gorskic Send a message via Yahoo to gorskic
Quote:

Anyway- my silver lining is that I worked my aggression and frustrations out at the gym today for two hours. I always lift harder and heavier when I'm angry!

Tried that this morning. AC was busted and it got to be so muggy, I could hardly breathe. I was done after about an hour.

Anyway, I'm looking at this series and it's just a total mystery. Yes, the Canes have a great game plan and are executing well. But the Bruins just aren't showing up. At all. That much was evident even in game one. The only reason the B's won that is that the Canes didn't show up that night. Otherwise last night would have been Boston's swan song.

What's upsetting to me is not that the B's are in a 1-3 hole, but that they are rolling over and dying. *That* is the upsetting part.

05-09-2009, 01:01 PM
DOGSTARMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorskic View Post
Anyway, I'm looking at this series and it's just a total mystery. Yes, the Canes have a great game plan and are executing well. But the Bruins just aren't showing up. At all. That much was evident even in game one. The only reason the B's won that is that the Canes didn't show up that night. Otherwise last night would have been Boston's swan song.

What's upsetting to me is not that the B's are in a 1-3 hole, but that they are rolling over and dying. *That* is the upsetting part.
But there's another way to interpret it, I think. They are confused, frustrated, and their spirit is being broken. I don't believe that they are not trying, that they are not "showing up" and all that stuff people are saying. It's just not working and the other side of that is the confused play we see. Part of a good team beating you soundly is that they break you. That's what we're seeing.

It's urgent that the Bruins establish an early lead in Game 5. Not for all the trite reasons but just to get some confidence and mojo going (ala the 2nd period last night). A 2-0 lead can turn this series around and give them some relief from what's going on.

Old
05-09-2009, 01:04 PM
gorskic
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to gorskic Send a message via Yahoo to gorskic
Quote:
It's urgent that the Bruins establish an early lead in Game 5. Not for all the trite reasons but just to get some confidence and mojo going (ala the 2nd period last night). A 2-0 lead can turn this series around and give them some relief from what's going on.
I look at it the other way around. The thing the B's haven't done in any of the four games so far is to establish the box+1. They're just not doing it. Get back to basics and cover your own zone. Do that and you can start to get some breakouts. Do *that* and you can start to generate some offense.

(And I don't think they were "confused and frustrated" in Game 1, which IMO was just as bad but with a better result. They were also disorganized, sloppy, and played with little care.)

gorskic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 01:06 PM
LyndonByers

Quote:
It's an indication that he's not around the forum much, only to jump in when the Bruins are down, 3-1 and start throwing his weight around by attacking those who don't feel exactly as he does.

I have far more respect for those who are here through thick and thin- who post their views in the good times and the bad- positive or negative- than those who show up when the Bruins are on the brink and start yelling about how they have the right to whine and complain and blah blah blah.

But that's just me. Everyone has the right to do what they want, whether you're someone who tries to be as accountable as a fan as you want your Bruins players to be, or not. I fully acknowledge that not everyone feels like they owe it to their team to hold themselves to any standard. They just want to complain and rage about non-important things in the grand scheme.

I would remind you and Mr. ak47bruinsfanatic that I wasn't even talking to him, yet he took it upon himself to take a shot at me. Then, he gets upset when I fire back. Like I said- the Whaaambulance awaits.
Hey I am not questioning your response to him. I was just curious on the amount of post comment. I don't believe you can judge a fan's knowledge of the Bruins on the amount of post that they have & by your response it is evident that is not the way you meant it. Thx for taking the time to respond to me.

LyndonByers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 01:29 PM
DOGSTARMAN

Remember, things are never as bad as they seem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtR7z4KHnWY

Old
05-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Greyhounds

Quote:
Remember, things are never as bad as they seem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtR7z4KHnWY
Don't remind me of '79

Greyhounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 03:28 PM
WBC8

Quote:

Amazing how that works, isn't it? I actually chilled all day and just took a nap believe it or not. I'm very relaxed about tomorrow.

I also feel fine about this team. It's still a learning process for them, and it's refreshing to know that if wanted, Chia has this entire team back for another run next year (swap out Recchi for Sturm). No worries here really.

I just remember last year, going into game five in a similar spot, team not scoring, play being taken to them, and we against all odds extended it to seven. Seriously, I still think this team wins this series, we just need some confidence, which I think we get Sunday night.

Old
05-09-2009, 03:39 PM
WBC8

Quote:
It is interesting to contrast the play of the Bruins with Chicago.

Two teams in similar situations: Rebuilding after years of chaos. Young teams with a plethora of young talent. First foray deep into the playoffs in a long while. Strong regular seasons with optimism for the playoffs.

I've been saying the Bruins are bumping up against inexperience and we just might have to be patient. But the Hawks are getting better results and it begs the question as to why since the teams have some similar attributes, on the surface at least.

The key differences:

1) The Hawks have a much better and more mobile defense. This is the most pronounced difference.

2) The Hawks have a better mix of forwards that fall into different categories. They've got a lot of young forwards, some small guys, a lot of talent and scoring. But they've also got some big bodies and some guys who get their noses dirty.

Chicago could also bow out this round. But they've been playing more inspired and desperate hockey in the playoffs (I've watched as many of their games as possible).

The real point of these observations is that they form the basis for how the Bruins need to be tweaked in the offseason. Making progress in both of those areas is what the doctor is prescribing right now.

Of course, all I really care about right now is WIN GAME 5. And go from there. We can do it!!!! Carlolina has everybody psyched out, they have become this red juggernaut that is smothering the Bruins. Not true. Good team, beatable like everybody else. They have lost 4 games in the playoffs so far. Ironically, the Bruins have lost only 3 in comparison. Of course - the wrong 3! But the Canes can be beaten. Find a way!!! I hope the crowd is insane Sunday night to will the boys to a win. Do your part!
Great points. Chicago reminds me of the Canes and Lightning Cup winning teams to a degree. Chicago seems to have an extraordinary amount of confidence in their younger guys, which we seem to maybe not have as much of.

Their oldest defenseman is 29, Oldest forward 31, who plays fourth line (Pahlsson).

On the blueline, they have Campbell the offensive vet, but have youngsters Barker (22, who has been slow to develop but getting it all right now), Seabrook (23) another guy coming into his own, Keith (25) rounds out the top four. Very MOBILE guys. The last pair has Walker and Hjarlmasson who have been decent.

Up front they go with role playes like Bolland, Byfuglein, Burish, Eager, Ladd and Brouwer instead of veteran players like Recchi, Axelsson, Thornton and Yelle. I think that's the key sometimes....youthful enthusiasm and young legs...BUT ALSO GUYS WHO HAVE SOME GRIT IN THEIR GAME..

Their top 6 forwards are 27/20/27/22/20/23......that is freakin sick.

The only weakness our organization has seemed to have had is grooming mobile, NHL skilled defenseman. Hunwick is certainly a nice start..but it needs improvement.

Old
05-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Neely08

Quote:

I did the same this afternoon, while blasting my brain with the heaviest music I can tolerate. Left ear phone craps the bed on me half way through. Pantera in one ear, Gold's gym Britney Spears music in other, just brutal.

Still angry.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
I did the same this afternoon, while blasting my brain with the heaviest music I can tolerate. Pantera in one ear,

Still angry.
(Phil Anselmo in one ear, Dimebag, Rex and Vinnie in the other)
Revenge
I'm screaming revenge again
Wrong
I've been wrong for far too long
Been constantly so frustrated
I've moved mountains with less
When I channel my hate to productive
I don't find it hard to impress

Bones in traction
Hands break to hone raw energy
Bold and disastrous
My ears can't hear what you say to me

Hold your mouth for the war
Use it for what it's for
Speak the truth about me
Determined

I remember when I was a lieutenant platoon leader we used to blast Vulgar Display of Power through our tank's intercom system while doing live fire gunnery. Awesome.

Old
05-09-2009, 08:19 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
This is turning out to be a pretty big deal, and I think every team in the league wants their D to be more mobile and better able to move the puck. It'll be very difficult to get someone like that.

I thought Wideman was supposed to be that guy? 7.5 and 3.875 is a lot of money for guys that don't address that on D. And if Wideman is any indication, they'll have to trade Kessel or Bergeron for a project who might become serviceable down the road.

They'll probably just go with what they've got + Hunwick and a cheap veteran.

dafoomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 09:17 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
This is turning out to be a pretty big deal, and I think every team in the league wants their D to be more mobile and better able to move the puck. It'll be very difficult to get someone like that.

I thought Wideman was supposed to be that guy? 7.5 and 3.875 is a lot of money for guys that don't address that on D. And if Wideman is any indication, they'll have to trade Kessel or Bergeron for a project who might become serviceable down the road.

They'll probably just go with what they've got + Hunwick and a cheap veteran.
Has anyone actually seen Alexandrov play? I heard they were trying to sign and bring
him over to NA next year. Kid was considereed definite 1st round talent, was Capt of Russia Jr. team and has played a couple of years in KHL. Kirk, any news on this guy. Sounds like a dman we could use maybe next year.

Last edited by doakacola*: 05-09-2009 at 09:26 PM.
doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

I saw him at the WJC. He's kind of been the forgotten prospect because of the transfer issues with Russia.

He's a pretty good puck-mover- similar kind of skill level to Sergei Gonchar, but probably not as natural a shooter and not quite as good a skater (lacks that quick burst from a stop, but has good straight-line speed and very good lateral agility). Biggest issue with him right now is that a stiff breeze could knock him over. He's not all that tall- closer to 6-feet than his listed 6-1 or 6-2, and was maybe 170 pounds when I met him at the draft on his 18th birthday. He didn't speak a lick of English then, and I doubt he's learned any since, so he'll probably have some cultural transition challenges as well.

Still- a lot of upside. Go and look at how his offensive numbers have trended upward in that defensive Russian system; they compare favorably to Gonchar and Sergei Zubov when they were the same age in the same league. He's been playing at the top pro level there since he was 17, so he's got a lot of experience playing against men and is one of those high hockey IQ players who has the leadership intangibles to be more than the sum of his parts.

In other words, the Bruins could have an answer to their backline skill woes right under their own roof, but it's real hard to gauge where Alexandrov is until we see him competing in North America either in the AHL or NHL.

Last edited by Kirk- NEHJ: 05-09-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old
05-10-2009, 07:58 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:

lets hope you are not setting personal records tomorrow- atleast without the help of PED.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote