Old
05-08-2009, 09:22 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoSturm16 View Post
No sadly I think there 0-21 lifetime
Well, if I had a positive bone left in my body I'd say it sounds like we are due.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:23 PM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey24 View Post
yeah he's not a vezina finalist/lock to win or anything............

seriously people, if you are looking to blame thomas for these losses get your head checked.
For sure Thomas is not the only one to be blamed but he is playing his part right now, along with the whole rest of the team, expect maybe two or three players.

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schmautzie
Dave est magané

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cids View Post
I noticed with a 1 goal lead the Canes were still pressuring us in our end with 3 men in deep. PRESSURE. If that was us, we'd send one guy in to skate around the net and chase while the other 4 sit at center ice waiting.
Excellent observation. That's what's killing the B's. The defense is just not getting a chance to make a play due to the extreme pressure. Chara has been brutal and Montador has been awful.

Schmautzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Elliot Williams

I can't afford two more rounds. But I'll be there Sunday night. If the Bruins can win, at least they will regain their lost dignity and should some respect from the fans.

Elliot Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DaStinger
Clode Changed!

vCash: 477
Send a message via MSN to DaStinger
I'm shaving, it can't get any worse.

DaStinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
C77

I'm depressed now

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Choate51

Well, if Sunday is the last game this season was still a success. Going into this season this is about as far as I expected this team to go. Tonight's game was so frustrating, the Bruins didn't play their game, I blame the entire organization. What happened to the offense?

Choate51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DNice23

There is no doubt in my mind...and I have watched this Canes team quite a lot....they are on drugs. This is the differnce in the series. The Bruins have not had to deal with an amped-up team like this all year. It's more than the "crowd effect". They are clearly taking something. I'm not kidding at all. This has been evident to me since game 2. I see no chance of this reversing in game 5. It's difficult to watch. Their scrubs are playing better than our all-stars x10. It's not natural, and I am not joking.

DNice23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
I didn't say he played great. If you read my post I said it's complete BS that people are putting the blame solely on him. Tonight is the only time in the entire SERIES (save for the OT loss) that he's let in more than 2 in regulation. That's pretty much all you can hope for from your goalie. You cannot expect him to steal games ALA Brodeur or Lundvquist especially when he's been playing for a team who was very offensively capable.

Not saying he doesn't let in some soft goals. he does. but so did every other goalie in we've faces and in all the other series. It happens.

But our problem wasn't Thomas. Until the last 4min of this game he's kept us in every. single. playoff game. That's what his job is and he did it well.

You know who didn't do their Job? the offense. They shut the door after game 1. You can't expect Timmy to be the one picking up the slack the past 3 offensively challenged games. You can't.

Thomas just looked like he gave up on the Staal goal. But who could blame him when everyone in front of him just gave up on the game and just let him out to dry.
Problem isn't close to being Thomas.

Claude and the Bruins are being taken down by hard work and the inability to adapt to a 2 man forecheck. If you can't impose your system, then you have to adapt. The B's aren't.

That includes the offense. Although, turn those hit posts into goals, give anyone other than Axe a break away chance. And, we walk out of there with a win.

Call on Chara was pivotal.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheKraken31

I feel that the Bruins owe me $20 after that performance for the 2 remotes that are somehow in pieces in my apartment now, and then maybe a little more for the hole in the wall right above the remote pieces.

Well, still below my last season total. But closing in on it.

TheKraken31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GahdenRinkRat
Bruins' Den Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritoftheBruins View Post
Best thing about home ice advantage...your never out of the series...don't quit on the team guys. Mad yeah, but don't quit on them. Can't wait until Sunday night...
I will be there next to the bench on Sunday as usual. I haven't "quit on" them, but am an intelligent fan who has to judge the team on how they've played this series, and honestly rate their chances to come back based on their play--really don't need to expound on that.
I will cheer them on Sunday (I will NEVER boo my Bruins), but also expect that I am saying "goodbye" to this year's team and to some of my long time favorites(Axey) who likely will not be signed next year.
All that said, I was at Fenway for Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS--felt like ***when I left the park that night...and: look what happened!
Please boys: make me get my hope back on Sunday!

GahdenRinkRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

The canes seem to to want to win more...this is the mid-late season slump all over again. I was hoping that it would not happen again, but alas...here we are.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ak61driver

what series are you watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleculprit View Post
I don't think the B's are playing as bad as everyone thinks. Give the Cane's some credit. They are taking the Bruins to school. All over the ice. Every position.

Their defense is sick. Everything we do is on the outside. No second chances whatsoever. Tough team. Better team.
Last 3 games we have been beat soundly. We can wish for the B's all we want, but now they suck. History is not kind to hockey teans down 3-1. Its not baseball after all. Right now we are playing as bad as everyone thinks - to not try and punish the Canes after the games decided ( down 4-1) tells me and anyone who has watched years of playoff hockey this team is done.

ak61driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
neelyforpresident

Jack needs to shut the **** up with his stupid ******* stats. Last game it was "the team who has scored the first goal has won each game" today it was " the team who has won the 2nd period has ended up winning the game". Jack, maybe you need to shut the **** up......sorry, kinda upset.

neelyforpresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pugnax

I can't blame Thomas for the loss, but he was mediocre when he needed to be excellent.

I wouldn't say the officialting has been horrible because the calls against Carolina were pretty marginal too. The fact is they called this game very tightly which is a disadvantage to the Bruins. Compare how many post-whistle scrums occurred in the previous series without penalities being called. In that situation, the Bruins can play looser and on edge. It doesn't help that their PK picked a lousy time to go soft (66.7%).

I know it's not over, especially in light of last year's comeback. But right now the Hurricanes are clearly in another class. Something has to drastically change for the Bruins to have any chance at all.

Pugnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Or maybe the Bruins just overacheived in the regular season where the night in and night out tempo wasn't anywhere near the play-offs?

This is still only year two of the three year plan....Sometimes you need to hit a few bumps....unless you're Carolina and just win the damn Cup immediately
I think that might be what happened this season. Everyone had the B's pegged as a middle of the pack playoff team, but they overachieved in November and December. There were signs of this team not ready for winning it all from January to March, and it's evident in this round.

To Everyone else:
Sure, this blows, but what are you going to do? This team not only still has a chance to come back, but they have a core that is intact for another season, so it's not all gloom and doom. Call me an idiot or a homer, but what's the point of cheering for a team when you think they are going to lose all the time? There's no fun in that, and it only ruins your health (both physically and mentally). Sure, this series may be over, but are people really going to give up on next season already?

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
that was the same call.
yes I actually ment to put them together and 5. was supposed to be about making CJ stop the matching and let the guys play. I am so made and too many beers in to think/type stright.

Scotto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:25 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pblc View Post
I'm not trying to be an ******* when I say this, as I really enjoy reading your posts and think you're a great poster........but really? What have the Bruins done that would make you think that they have any chance to come back? And I really am not being facetious or sarcastic here.....I am completely serious.
Game five at home....our players have alot of pride in that lockeroom....and momentum can shift game by game...Plus, they'll reflect back on that Habs series last year as a rallying point...and tonight was rock bottom for a very good team. Again, I feel if Thomas stops that puck less then 5 minutes in, I truly believe it's a different game with a different result.

I just truly feel we're winning this series....

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Heisenberg77

I'm still in shock. Why and how the hell is this happening.

This is why when people always say I'll see the Bruins win a Cup in my life I always say, "no they won't, because life just isn't that good". And once again, we prove my point. This team winning a Cup would be the happiest moment in my life to this point, since I'm only 24. Not exaggerating either. Happiest moment. And again, I'm a realist, life just is not that good. I will never see it.

Heisenberg77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cat400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmautzie View Post
I would not be surprised if he were traded. He's just doesn't have that grit needed for playoff hockey.
There is a good chance that he is playing hurt. If he is hurt, the Bruins would be better served if he was taken out of the line-up and Sobotka inserted.
Wheeler needs to be sat as he is looking like an over-matched rookie.

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hamilton Brian

By the time it was 3 to 1, there should have been red bleeding all over the ice. WHo the **** cares if you score at that point? Make it ****ing hurt.

We lose Sunday I have at least $500 worth of Bruins memo that I will burn away. It's the only way to exorcise this ****.

Hamilton Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:26 PM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

time for another round of hugs

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GahdenRinkRat View Post
I will be there next to the bench on Sunday as usual. I haven't "quit on" them, but am an intelligent fan who has to judge the team on how they've played this series, and honestly rate their chances to come back based on their play--really don't need to expound on that.
I will cheer them on Sunday (I will NEVER boo my Bruins), but also expect that I am saying "goodbye" to this year's team and to some of my long time favorites(Axey) who likely will not be signed next year.
All that said, I was at Fenway for Game 3 of the 2004 ALCS--felt like ***when I left the park that night...and: look what happened!
Please boys: make me get my hope back on Sunday!
I fear there is very little chance that that will occur. I feel as though the team has already given up. The effort speaks volumes.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OldTimeHockey24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropthegloves33 View Post
i dont see the bruins losing this series at home, no way no how. Everyone who goes to game 5 needs to make that place louder than montreal, calgary, and detroit combined, even if there isnt much to be pumped up for. If we can't beat them, lets at least beat the snot out of them.
see i do, because compared to every other team's arena this postseason (with the exception of maybe detroit) the garden has been laughable. Because of the bandwagon jumpers with deep pockets who want to be a part of it all yet they have no idea whats going on and refuse to actually cheer loudly during a game. Carolina has no problem beating us on the road, as we saw in game 2. And if we actually made some resemblence of making adjustments from game 2, then i would give it a shot, but the piss poor effort this game leaves much to be desired

OldTimeHockey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DOGSTARMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Or maybe the Bruins just overacheived in the regular season where the night in and night out tempo wasn't anywhere near the play-offs?

This is still only year two of the three year plan....Sometimes you need to hit a few bumps....unless you're Carolina and just win the damn Cup immediately
Lou, this is at least partly the case. Some tweaks to this team are needed to get deep in the playoffs. The makeup of the roster is not perfected. Chia can see what is not working and hopefully correct some of that. There is a lot of good to find in this season. Like most teams, it takes time to put the pieces together.

It's funny, I remember most people saying NO to the idea of trading for Cole at the deadline. Can't trade them minor league sensation Sobotka, etc. But Cole has looked really good for the Whalers. He is providing the kind of verve the Bruins are lacking. Contrast this with the more talented and productive - but currently MIA - Michael Ryder. We're going to need to find a guy or two like this for next year.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote