HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

This sums up PJ for me...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2009, 09:19 PM
  #1
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,456
vCash: 500
This sums up PJ for me...

**** it, I don't care... call me a "hater" all you want, but it is not my point. I'm not blaming the loss in this game on Axe --too many others to name (including POS officiating with the hooking calls).

That one play in the first sums up PJ for me... makes a very nice defensive play to strip the puck on the PK... very nice play! Then, with the HUGE MOMENTUM SHIFTING breakaway he lays an egg again.

Yes, Ward is a hot goalie right now... but that one play sums up PJ's career for me. Can't to ANY-Fing-THING in the clutch. It sums up his Bruins career to me... nice defensive plays followed by shots into the goalies crest etc. Sorry, but that was a horrible play on the line by Corvo and and most NHL PKers would have picked that off, but there are guys out there that could actually finish that play.

This SH breakaway was HUGE... Canes get all the momentum from the play, turn it up ice and score the opening goal. Instead of being up 1-0 we are down 1-0. Thanks PJ. Hope you enjoy life back in Sweden.


Maybe I'm just too pissed off right now to be reasonable, but that play IS PJ Axelsson to me. Why can't we get a 4th-liner with a little bit of clutch in him? 11 years of NO FINISH from PJ. WTF???? I'm looking at waiver-wire guys like J. Jokinen step up in the clutch... there are 4th liners all over the league who step up every year.

What does it hurt to try Sobotka (2 goals in 5 games) instead of Yelle or PJ who are potentially one game away from being done as a Bruin.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:23 PM
  #2
WayneThornton
Registered User
 
WayneThornton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 574
vCash: 500
you sound almost like you expected him to score

WayneThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:26 PM
  #3
doubleminor138
Call me Snake
 
doubleminor138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 14,375
vCash: 50
yeah. PJ breaks up a blueline pass on the PP and its his fault the team lost gas because he didn't score on the breakaway.

Posting in anger never gets the job done.Who played a better game tonight? Bitz? Wheeler?

__________________
Terry Tomasi / Backin72

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:26 PM
  #4
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoliva View Post
you sound almost like you expected him to score
Nope... I knew 100% that he was not going too. I even told the wife as I had time from considering he had a clean break from our blue-line in.


Think how HUGE that goal would have been... a shorty would have killed the building and blown up our bench.

Seriously though, I knew we couldn't rely on him in the clutch... and yet we are *****ing about what a bad playoff team we have when all that matters is clutch players?

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:27 PM
  #5
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,332
vCash: 500
At least PJ got a shot off which is more than I can say for Savard on his 2 on 1 break.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:27 PM
  #6
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,165
vCash: 500
from tonight's loss, and how we have played in the last 3 games this is the first post after going down 3-1?
Seriously, there is so much more to be upset about than Pj

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:32 PM
  #7
Tim O'Reilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Posts: 2,536
vCash: 500
I totally agree Colt. I said the same ting - he won't score. A checker needs to still pop in a few from time to time. Hard to believe we can't somebody better to take his place........but I am sure Chia will. Bye PJ Axxelsuck (in honour of Don Cherry....snicker!)

Tim O'Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:33 PM
  #8
BadBruins
Registered User
 
BadBruins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: PEI
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,082
vCash: 500
Still have no clue why he shoveled the puck into a sprawling Ward with the entire right half of the net open. I know he was on his backhand and had a defender draped all over him, but there's no excuse for not finished with that much open space. I knew the game wasn't going to go our way after that point

BadBruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:35 PM
  #9
Mount KilimanChara
Registered User
 
Mount KilimanChara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
Axelsson is a top 3 forward for the Bruins this series. Playing on the fourth line, to the team's detriment, while Looch is the pacifist he always is when on the 1st line, again to the team's detriment. I feel you, Colt, but pick another scapegoat this time around- Axe has had an excellent playoffs this year. Team is outcoached, outworked, and outplayed right now.

Mount KilimanChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:37 PM
  #10
kytem2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Hood Nova Scotia
Posts: 3,328
vCash: 500
PJ was trying to dump it into the corner to kill some time off the penalty, but is so inept, he hit Ward in the pads instead.

It was also great when PJ stopped playing, and began acting as a Carolina trainer to help Wallin off the ice.

kytem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:37 PM
  #11
marcorush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 334
vCash: 500
PJ colidides with the canes player. canes player goes hard into the boards gets hurt. and there you se PJ turning back on the play to go ask the player if he's ok. in play-off hockey that's is brutal. treasonous.

marcorush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:37 PM
  #12
patty59
***************
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Axe is a 4th line checker always has been and always will be. I can't say I am not surprised that he didn't score.

Kessel on the other hand, he can take his 6 hits and 36 goals elsewhere.
I hope Chiarelli moves him. He has been awful.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:37 PM
  #13
Vic Rattlehead*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St-Hubert, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,790
vCash: 500
I think everyone knew he wasn't going to score.

I was excited at first, but then I realized it was Axelsson.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:55 PM
  #14
usual suspects
Registered User
 
usual suspects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcorush View Post
PJ colidides with the canes player. canes player goes hard into the boards gets hurt. and there you se PJ turning back on the play to go ask the player if he's ok. in play-off hockey that's is brutal. treasonous.
That moment should be the end of Axe in Boston. I don't want him back I don't care if it is for the league minimum. It's one of the biggest games of the year and you are more concerned with the opposing teams player? Shows you where his head is at if he is more aware of Wallin being hurt then his is about the play and urgency of his team needing to win this game etc....

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 09:55 PM
  #15
spencer2u
Registered User
 
spencer2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 595
vCash: 500
the Savard 2 on one hurt more . PJ had nothingto do with this loss the scorers are not scoring plain and simple. Always a man in front of TT causing crap and getting rebound we got nothing.

spencer2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 10:14 PM
  #16
TheBigBadB
Registered User
 
TheBigBadB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: North Andover
Country: United States
Posts: 6,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
**** it, I don't care... call me a "hater" all you want, but it is not my point. I'm not blaming the loss in this game on Axe --too many others to name (including POS officiating with the hooking calls).

That one play in the first sums up PJ for me... makes a very nice defensive play to strip the puck on the PK... very nice play! Then, with the HUGE MOMENTUM SHIFTING breakaway he lays an egg again.

Yes, Ward is a hot goalie right now... but that one play sums up PJ's career for me. Can't to ANY-Fing-THING in the clutch. It sums up his Bruins career to me... nice defensive plays followed by shots into the goalies crest etc. Sorry, but that was a horrible play on the line by Corvo and and most NHL PKers would have picked that off, but there are guys out there that could actually finish that play.

This SH breakaway was HUGE... Canes get all the momentum from the play, turn it up ice and score the opening goal. Instead of being up 1-0 we are down 1-0. Thanks PJ. Hope you enjoy life back in Sweden.


Maybe I'm just too pissed off right now to be reasonable, but that play IS PJ Axelsson to me. Why can't we get a 4th-liner with a little bit of clutch in him? 11 years of NO FINISH from PJ. WTF???? I'm looking at waiver-wire guys like J. Jokinen step up in the clutch... there are 4th liners all over the league who step up every year.

What does it hurt to try Sobotka (2 goals in 5 games) instead of Yelle or PJ who are potentially one game away from being done as a Bruin.
Axe has been consistent with one thing. medicore play. Such an oustanding defensive player should be a Selke winner...but like you put it, a Selke guy also comes up clutch on the the other side of the rink as well.. Axe has NEVER done that...he's not brutal, he is a consistent player...but to me a third fourth liner usually steps up come playoff time. Something Axe never has done..

TheBigBadB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 10:15 PM
  #17
usual suspects
Registered User
 
usual suspects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by axe11sson View Post
Axelsson is a top 3 forward for the Bruins this series. Playing on the fourth line, to the team's detriment, while Looch is the pacifist he always is when on the 1st line, again to the team's detriment. I feel you, Colt, but pick another scapegoat this time around- Axe has had an excellent playoffs this year. Team is outcoached, outworked, and outplayed right now.
Colt is 100% right. And yes there are plenty of scapegoats you can choose but like my previous post Axe's concern for Wallin was more important because he turns his back on the play to check on him. Add that to his lack of finish and the rest of Colt's points and he is 100% bang on.

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 10:17 PM
  #18
Silva
Registered User
 
Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
**** it, I don't care... call me a "hater" all you want, but it is not my point. I'm not blaming the loss in this game on Axe --too many others to name (including POS officiating with the hooking calls).

That one play in the first sums up PJ for me... makes a very nice defensive play to strip the puck on the PK... very nice play! Then, with the HUGE MOMENTUM SHIFTING breakaway he lays an egg again.

Yes, Ward is a hot goalie right now... but that one play sums up PJ's career for me. Can't to ANY-Fing-THING in the clutch. It sums up his Bruins career to me... nice defensive plays followed by shots into the goalies crest etc. Sorry, but that was a horrible play on the line by Corvo and and most NHL PKers would have picked that off, but there are guys out there that could actually finish that play.

This SH breakaway was HUGE... Canes get all the momentum from the play, turn it up ice and score the opening goal. Instead of being up 1-0 we are down 1-0. Thanks PJ. Hope you enjoy life back in Sweden.


Maybe I'm just too pissed off right now to be reasonable, but that play IS PJ Axelsson to me. Why can't we get a 4th-liner with a little bit of clutch in him? 11 years of NO FINISH from PJ. WTF???? I'm looking at waiver-wire guys like J. Jokinen step up in the clutch... there are 4th liners all over the league who step up every year.

What does it hurt to try Sobotka (2 goals in 5 games) instead of Yelle or PJ who are potentially one game away from being done as a Bruin.
I agree, Colt. He gets way too much credit here. Way I see it, he's been here for over a decade and the Bruins have done absolutely crap during that time. And like you said, he's as "unclutch" as they come. Disgusting turn of events to start tonight's game

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 10:24 PM
  #19
mcnab12
Registered User
 
mcnab12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usual suspects View Post
That moment should be the end of Axe in Boston. I don't want him back I don't care if it is for the league minimum. It's one of the biggest games of the year and you are more concerned with the opposing teams player? Shows you where his head is at if he is more aware of Wallin being hurt then his is about the play and urgency of his team needing to win this game etc....
you guys are brutal. the rest of my post i deleted after thinking about it. as a lifelong B's fan, i think he deserves better. is it his job to do the scoring? we got ONE again tonight. and as for the injured whaler, perhaps you'd prefer an avery type? let's bring him in next year. then we won't show any stupid mercy to opponents at any time ever and we will march straight to the cup.

mcnab12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 10:35 PM
  #20
Peej
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Hey at least Axelsson got a chance to score. That's more than I can say for most of the team.

I think blaming Axe for not scoring is pretty short-sighted when he's played much better than a bunch of players whose sole job is to produce goals (Krejci, Kessel, Wheeler, etc.).

Peej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 10:37 PM
  #21
usual suspects
Registered User
 
usual suspects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnab12 View Post
you guys are brutal. the rest of my post i deleted after thinking about it. as a lifelong B's fan, i think he deserves better. is it his job to do the scoring? we got ONE again tonight. and as for the injured whaler, perhaps you'd prefer an avery type? let's bring him in next year. then we won't show any stupid mercy to opponents at any time ever and we will march straight to the cup.
label me brutal I don't care but that play was telling I don't care what anyone says. No wonder we are getting steamrolled.
And yes, there should be no mercy in the playoffs. Carolina is showing us no mercy and are fearless. If a player like Avery brings this team a cup then yes I want someone like that on this team.

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 10:41 PM
  #22
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peej View Post
Hey at least Axelsson got a chance to score. That's more than I can say for most of the team.

I think blaming Axe for not scoring is pretty short-sighted when he's played much better than a bunch of players whose sole job is to produce goals (Krejci, Kessel, Wheeler, etc.).
I'm not looking for a "scapegoat"... the whole team deserves blame

*but*

much is made about PJ being the longest tenured Bruin... BIG DEAL... it is the worst decade of Bruins playoff hockey in team history.

Fact: PJ is a vet.
Fact: Veterans are supposed to be leaders.
Fact: Leaders are supposed to step up and be clutch in the playoffs. Not every game, but is scoring a clutch goal once or twice in a DECADE too much to ask?

Good riddance to PJ.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 10:48 PM
  #23
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,456
vCash: 500
The thing is.... if PJ had scored that goal, I would have had to be here back-peddling and kissing his ass. The sad thing is that I was never in danger of that happening, because it would have been a huge, clutch game-changing goal and PJ just doesn't do those.

Sure, if it was an empty net then PJ's your guy...

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 10:49 PM
  #24
Peej
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maine
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
I'm not looking for a "scapegoat"... the whole team deserves blame

*but*

much is made about PJ being the longest tenured Bruin... BIG DEAL... it is the worst decade of Bruins playoff hockey in team history.

Fact: PJ is a vet.
Fact: Veterans are supposed to be leaders.
Fact: Leaders are supposed to step up and be clutch in the playoffs. Not every game, but is scoring a clutch goal once or twice in a DECADE too much to ask?

Good riddance to PJ.
Bergeron is also a vet. He's also a leader as he has a permanent "A". He missed a wide open net in Game 3 that was more of a gimme than Axe's breakaway. Do you also want to dump him in the off-season because he can't score?

Peej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2009, 10:53 PM
  #25
Mount KilimanChara
Registered User
 
Mount KilimanChara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 1,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usual suspects View Post
Colt is 100% right. And yes there are plenty of scapegoats you can choose but like my previous post Axe's concern for Wallin was more important because he turns his back on the play to check on him. Add that to his lack of finish and the rest of Colt's points and he is 100% bang on.
About Axe not scoring? Yep, welcome to last year's playoffs where I said the same thing. About Sobotka instead of Yelle or Axe? No. You can print 100% as often as you like, but the fact is that it isn't Axe's job to score and when it comes to wondering where the scoring has gone, Axe surely shouldn't be the first place to find fault.

You want 100%? Check the Bruins record in the playoffs this year with Axe riding Savvy's wing. And if you're really that upset about the Wallin thing, well, I'm not sure what to say to you. You want to bash on Axe for who he is, try bashing on Lucic for trying to be who he isn't- a first line winger with the skills to curl and pass every time he gains the blue line. He didn't drive to the net ALL game.

Like Axe, Lucic is a below average 1st line player who relies on setting the tone of a game to get his linemates going. The difference is, Axe has been far more effective at it than Lucic has, as evidenced by the disappearance of Marc Savard and Phil Kessel. Of course, defensive positioning isn't as sexy as a big hit, but I haven't seen nary a one of those from Lucic on the first line. So Looch scored a goal, and Axe didn't. The Bruins are down 3-1. I don't care if Axe never scores another NHL goal- if he turns Savard back into the offensive threat he was in the Habs series, the Bruins would be better off for it.

Mount KilimanChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.