HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New Rant Thread

Old
05-10-2009, 10:58 AM
alex2792*

vCash: 500
Should Bruce be replaced?

After we get bounced by the Pens I really think we should look into a coaching change. Bruce has been SEVERELY outcoached by both Torts and Bylsma. Our style of hockey can't win in the playoffs and his love affair with his AHL guys is hurting the team. Call me crazy but I would love to see Fedorov coach this team if he retires after this season.

alex2792* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:03 AM
MDHockey

Send a message via Yahoo to MDHockey

MDHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Boudreau pisses me off but he's not getting canned.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:14 AM
CUBErt

The Fedorov idea is ridiculously unrealistic, but I agree that Boudreau has been disappointing. I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing him go, but it's not going to happen. The Caps were not supposed to be even this good yet this season, so Bruce has at least one more year. You can't just throw him out without giving him a decent D to work with first.

The carelessness that has been a problem all year long has to disappear next season though. It's Boudreau's job to make sure the team is always prepared, and in that aspect he has failed.

CUBErt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:17 AM
alex2792*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUBErt View Post
The Fedorov idea is ridiculously unrealistic, but I agree that Boudreau has been disappointing. I wouldn't necessarily mind seeing him go, but it's not going to happen. The Caps were not supposed to be even this good yet this season, so Bruce has at least one more year. You can't just throw him out without giving him a decent D to work with first.

The carelessness that has been a problem all year long has to disappear next season though. It's Boudreau's job to make sure the team is always prepared, and in that aspect he has failed.
I think Fedorov would make a fine coach, the guy is one of the best players to ever play the game and I'd wager that he knows more about hockey then most current NHL coaches. If you can't get motivated to play for a legend like Sergei then perhaps hockey is not the right profession.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:21 AM
CUBErt

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2792 View Post
I think Fedorov would make a fine coach, the guy is one of the best players to ever play the game and I'd wager that he knows more about hockey then most current NHL coaches. If you can't get motivated to play for a legend like Sergei then perhaps hockey is not the right profession.
Can you name any other player who has become a coach right after retiring? It just doesn't work like that, and I see no reason to assume Sergei would even be interested.

CUBErt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:28 AM
TransatlanticIce

No, I cannot name said player, but I do think we should rehire Ron Wilson, we have never been the same since he was fired.

TransatlanticIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 11:32 AM
alex2792*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90rock View Post
No, I cannot name said player, but I do think we should rehire Ron Wilson, we have never been the same since he was fired.
Ron Wilson coaching Fleishman and Semin would be hilarious. Alex will need to wear earplugs on the bench to withstand the constant barrage of expletives after he turns the puck over then takes a retaliatory slashing penalty.

Old
05-10-2009, 11:48 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Boudreau pisses me off but he's not getting canned.
Agreed.

That guy's got a trophy most coaches will never come close to obtaining. Now that doesn't make him infallable or immune to criticism. I have a lot of issues with him. But getting canned? No. This season is already a success by any measure even if we believe they are capable of more.

I just hope that Bruce learns as much about NHL playoff hockey and the players are.

I hope the AO-Green 2 min PPs are over next season.

I hope that Green gets more PK time (I too think he's injured)

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 12:43 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Can we un-ban Tinner now that his private sandbox is reopened?

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 01:50 PM
dbui72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
A couple of pictures and Lisa Hillary doesn't confirm that Backstrom showed up 20 pounds overweight. I highly doubt he would show up that out of shape.
It was mentioned in the papers and did you see his mid summer blubber shot? He looked like he had an inner tube around him.

dbui72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbui72 View Post
It was mentioned in the papers and did you see his mid summer blubber shot? He looked like he had an inner tube around him.
I still don't buy it. He's a pro athlete, he knows he can't come into camp 20 pounds overweight. I don't think he came into camp overweight at all. I think he didn't train as hard as he could have. He wasn't in the best shape of his life. The sprained ankle in training camp is the reason why he started the season off slow, he's said it himself.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 02:03 PM
dbui72

I really think he sprained his ankle with the extra weight during training camp.

Seriously when a person skates, having that much weight on being top heavy, throws your balance way off especially on stopping and cutting.

Anyhow, people here will validate it. When I saw his pictures that put out, he being in some public charity event I could not believe how big he was.

People who have seen it will validate it. Yeah he is supposed to be a professional but he is still a kid.

I will try to find the link and picture for you. You will be surprised.

Old
05-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Quote:
I really think he sprained his ankle with the extra weight during training camp.

Seriously when a person skates, having that much weight on being top heavy, throws your balance way off especially on stopping and cutting.

Anyhow, people here will validate it. When I saw his pictures that put out, he being in some public charity event I could not believe how big he was.

People who have seen it will validate it. Yeah he is supposed to be a professional but he is still a kid.

I will try to find the link and picture for you. You will be surprised.
I've seen the pictures.

That picture and the article was on japersrink was towards the beginning of summer. I bet after the playoffs last year, Backstrom took all of May and June off(the picture was taken in June) and then Backstrom started working out in July and August...You can't say a person came into 20 pounds overweight because of a picture taken in June. Training camp is in September.

Old
05-10-2009, 02:28 PM
dbui72

It was in an news article as well. Not trying to argue with you or anything but it was reported at the time. I just have to find it.

Anyhow I am a big Backstrom fan and cannot wait till the kid reaches his peak.

But yeah here is the original link for that picture.
http://japersrink.blogspot.com/2008/...s-camping.html

I will try to find the article saying that he reported to camp out of shape, maybe not that big. I could be wrong all together, but I did read somewhere it was like 20 pds.

Here is a picture of him in October of 2008, second one down. That sweater is not bulky but form fitting, his tummy seems pretty large still.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs..._invade_f.html

Attached Images
File Type: jpg big backstrom.jpg‎ (35.5 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by dbui72: 05-10-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old
05-10-2009, 04:23 PM
The Viking Fury

Out coached by Tortorella? The only game where that was even remotely possible was game 7, and he made adjustments before the third period. Out coached by Bylsma, maybe, but Bruce lives and dies by his refusal to match lines at home.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 05:21 PM
alex2792*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
Out coached by Tortorella? The only game where that was even remotely possible was game 7, and he made adjustments before the third period. Out coached by Bylsma, maybe, but Bruce lives and dies by his refusal to match lines at home.
Torts knows that he doesn't have the horses to play offensive hockey with us, the defense was brilliant in containing Ovechkin and if Lundy would have come up with just 1 more great outing the Caps are golfing right now.

Old
05-10-2009, 05:26 PM
Penscup1991

Quote:
Oh come on, as a man I cannot deny that I succumb to his flowing locks, dreamy body, and gentle persuasions. He is a Fabio meets John Stossel of 20/20 with the mind of John Tesh. A real man would admit to his man love for another guy.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOKING!!!
Thank you Ladyice for that bit of torture.
I find it hard to believe the caps could not sell out the verizon for game 5. I guess the bandwagon is getting lighter.

Penscup1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 05:30 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penscup1991 View Post
I find it hard to believe the caps could not sell out the verizon for game 5. I guess the bandwagon is getting lighter.
What are you looking at? If its ESPNs attendance number, its hard to sell seats that only exist for basketball games.

05-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Quote:
Source?...even though it's probably some dumb Penguins blog.

Old
05-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Foy

Quote:
I guess they don't teach math in Pittsburgh.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:06 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

why is our caps rant thread started by penscup1991? Can a mod fix that? I am getting tired of seeing his name on our homepage.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:16 PM
txpd

Quote:
I dont care about this. Are you forgetting Ovechkin had the same issue the offseason before his second season? Its typical sophmore stuff. In this case the destroyed the whole slump thing after a slow start. He is showing he is a big game player now.

Why beat on this guy? I dont get it.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2009, 08:21 PM
dbui72

Quote:
Hey never mind some Caps fans here. They have sour grapes, I do not find any of your posts disrespectful. I enjoy bantering with other fans.

Ignore some testy Caps fans, they are not indicative of most.

Keep posting.

Old
05-10-2009, 08:24 PM
pgreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
I guess they don't teach math in Pittsburgh.
too busy teaching music appreciation. hence, the yanni show.

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote